• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Former TNA X-Division and Tag Team champion Jay Lethal is gone from TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of this writing, we haven't heard details. Lethal has already been removed from the roster page of the TNA website.

Lethal, who hadn't been used much in recent months but worked the Lockdown PPV over the weekend, had been with the company since 2005 and had several big runs, including his Randy Savage homage "Black Machismo", and wins over Ric Flair and Kurt Angle."

That really sucks. Lethal is a fantastic talent who has shown that he can be both an entertainer (Black Machismo) and a serious wrestler (his Flair and Angle matches/feuds). I'm sure he won't have any trouble picking up bookings in places like JAPW / RoH / DGUSA and what not. However, I would really love to see if he could make it in WWE. The big thing I could see holding him back from a serious push is his lack of size (Wiki says he is the same size as Dragon is).

Knox

AdawgDaFAB said:
"Former TNA X-Division and Tag Team champion Jay Lethal is gone from TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. As of this writing, we haven't heard details. Lethal has already been removed from the roster page of the TNA website.

Lethal, who hadn't been used much in recent months but worked the Lockdown PPV over the weekend, had been with the company since 2005 and had several big runs, including his Randy Savage homage "Black Machismo", and wins over Ric Flair and Kurt Angle."

That really sucks. Lethal is a fantastic talent who has shown that he can be both an entertainer (Black Machismo) and a serious wrestler (his Flair and Angle matches/feuds). I'm sure he won't have any trouble picking up bookings in places like JAPW / RoH / DGUSA and what not. However, I would really love to see if he could make it in WWE. The big thing I could see holding him back from a serious push is his lack of size (Wiki says he is the same size as Dragon is).
Lethal could get over pretty good in WWE doing impressions of legends, actually. May not get him to the main event or anything but I could see him on TV every week.

Knox said:
Lethal could get over pretty good in WWE doing impressions of legends, actually. May not get him to the main event or anything but I could see him on TV every week.

Indeed he would get over with that. However, how long has a gimmick like that ever lasted in WWE? The only ones I can think of is Big Show and Charlie Haas doing it before. Matt Striker was awesome with that gimmick on the Indies, but WWE only ever used him in the Teacher role until putting him in the booth.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
AdawgDaFAB said:

let him come to the e. he'll just be a future member of the neo nation in the end.or they can try to team him up with consequences creed for a title run

cacophony said:

i love how right after the zack ryder > john morrison sign went up, the zack ryder stole my girlfriend followed. is zack one of the many that picked melinas lock?

Ydahs

I just watched all the Zack Ryder Youtube videos for the first time. WOW.

The segments with his dad and the Cena cameo are awesome.

WWWYKI

Kyoufu

As much as we all enjoyed WWF/E back in the good old non-PG days, if you look back on youtube at past matches you'll end up witnessing Triple H's monopoly on everything in the company.

I just watched a match where he won the tag team belts while holding the IC title too. :lol

Must be awesome to pound the boss's daughter.

Kyoufu said:
As much as we all enjoyed WWF/E back in the good old non-PG days, if you look back on youtube at past matches you'll end up witnessing Triple H's monopoly on everything in the company.

I just watched a match where he won the tag team belts while holding the IC title too. :lol

Must be awesome to pound the boss's daughter.
Wasn't Austin holding the tag titles with him as well as the WWE title? assuming this is during the two man power trip stuff.

krae_man

Ydahs said:
Truth should always announce the wrong city from now on. He'll reach Cole troll levels doing that!

– WWE Monday Night Raw on July 18, 2011 will be held at the Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin

I would mark the fuck out if he came out and went "Milwaukee, Wisconsin! What's Up?"

So bad that TNA fired Jay Lethal. This company continues to amaze me that they employ slugs like Gunner and Murphy, Rob Terry, and Hernandez, but a guy that was over until he was sucked into the Cookie/Robbie E crap gets released.

Kyoufu

Nocturnowl said:
Wasn't Austin holding the tag titles with him as well as the WWE title? assuming this is during the two man power trip stuff.

Yeah. At the end of the match the camera zooms in on him (after Austin leaves) and he holds up both titles, like he didn't suck Vince's dick to get them lol.

MetatronM said:
That plus the fact that they apparently couldn't afford a tripod or sound equipment when they interviewed him.
I loved how much head room was in the shot.

I wish Foley would go back to WWE. At the very least you know they would get behind his charity 100%.

Zhengi

AdawgDaFAB said:

Yeah, the WWE needs to hire Jay Lethal. He's talented and he can entertain people on the mic.

cacophony said:

Man, that Princess was hot. Awesome episode.

UberTag

Ydahs said:
Truth should always announce the wrong city from now on. He'll reach Cole troll levels doing that!
That is too genius to actually happen. Would be an awesome running gag if he rolls with it, though.

Wrekt said:
Anybody have the Randy Orton/Alex Riley GTFO gif?

Edit: Not for any specific reason. I just forgot to save it.
N1qO6.gif

ZeroRay

(._.) said:

My favorite WWE tag match and RAW match of all time.

Shame most people only remember it for HHH's injury and Benoit's involvement guarantees we'll never see it in any form from the WWE ever again.

Edit: Also love the way Austin used his offense in that match. He really looked like he wanted to kill his opponents. Another snake in the WWE could learn from that.

Striker

ZeroRay said:
Edit: Also love the way Austin used his offense in that match. He really looked like he wanted to kill his opponents. Another snake in the WWE could learn from that.
He'll just make stupid faces and pound his fists to the mat.

He doesn't have the ability to have the crazed psycho look to him the way guys like Psycho Sid, Jake Roberts, and Brian Pillman did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom