• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Brah I just made a fake wrestling observer post aboot this last week.

Sorry for the double quote.
michael hayes read your shit and passed it too vince

have fun living with that guilt

dream said:
This is not an April Fool's joke. WWE has followed the lead by KFC. There was a meeting yesterday where the subject was to no longer be called World Wrestling Entertainment, because of Vince's decree to eliminate the word wrestling from the product, and just be WWE. A couple of sources have said the meeting ended with that directive, one of which came from ESPN which got the word.

Hahahahahhahaha.

Are we EntertainmentGAF now?

78195-triple-face-palm1.jpg

Azuran

Banned
So, is there an actual Smackdown airing tonight or are they doing the same axxess thing they been doing for the last few years?

dream

Here's a funny story from Meltzer:

Funny belt story I heard from last year. HHH was watching HBO boxing and Jim Lampley was talking about a guy winning the belt. He was at TV on the Monday after talking with one of the guys who was a boxing fan and asked if they use the term belts in boxing, since he just assumed it was a wrestling term. He was told they call them belts in boxing as well. He kind of rolled his eyes. He was under the impression Vince didn't like the term because it came from southern wrestling, not realizing the term was not an exclusive wrestling term.

Azuran

Banned
dream said:
Here's a funny story from Meltzer:

Vince is so out of touch with the real world it's ridiculous. I have no idea how he's able to deliver a marketable product when he has no idea what his audience wants or likes.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
dream said:
Hahahahahhahaha.

I honestly would not be surprised.

And I'd guess we'd be "Sports-Entertainment-Gaf" or SEG if true.

EDIT: Holy shit, imagine if the mainstream media gets a hold of this. Instead of praising him like Vince wants they'd rip his ass so much he'd probably be forced to change it back.

Azuran

Banned
Plinko said:
I disagree. I miss the long title runs. It's like WWE instantly went into ADD mode with the titles over the past 5 years.

Blame everybody who bitched during Cena's year long reign. Looking back at it, it was pretty awesome. He faced different opponents every PPV and was getting good matches out of people like Khali.

dream

Azuran said:
Vince is so out of touch with the real world it's ridiculous. I have no idea how he's able to deliver a marketable product when he has no idea what his audience wants or likes.

I think it's equally amazing that HHH didn't know championship belts weren't exclusive to pro entertainment.

dream said:
This is not an April Fool's joke. WWE has followed the lead by KFC. There was a meeting yesterday where the subject was to no longer be called World Wrestling Entertainment, because of Vince's decree to eliminate the word wrestling from the product, and just be WWE. A couple of sources have said the meeting ended with that directive, one of which came from ESPN which got the word.
Hahahahahhahaha.

April 1st 2012: EntertainaMania I

As the co-winner of the RR contest, I hope this time I don't get buried by the Gaf-clique if I win again:

Miz vs Cena
Edge vs Del Rio
Undertaker vs HHH
Cole vs Lawler
CM Punk vs Orton
Rhodes vs Mysterio
Sheamus vs Bryan
Snooki's team vs LayCool
Babyfaces vs Corre

Tie-breaker - Miz vs. Cena.

Second tie-breaker - 32 minutes.

WWE is still a horrible name, I don't see why they couldn't be WWF and the World Wild Life fund be WWF.

We all know the difference.
Plinko said:
I disagree. I miss the long title runs. It's like WWE instantly went into ADD mode with the titles over the past 5 years.

Linkified

JdFoX187 said:
The report blatantly said the speeches were being written for him. It's bullshit, no matter how you cut it and just shows how much of a joke the HoF truly is.

God help me, do you have evidence apart from a lose handed comment which doesn't say he hasn't had any input into the speech, nor does it say that the whole god damn speech is being written by the writers.

Its not bullshit just you over analysing a media company who is producing a television show, and don't want it to be dry as toast.

I first heard about searching for my avatar yesterday. No wonder Kofi is going nowhere on Smackdown. And I thought that was one of the reasons why Lashley left.

antbot89

Neo Member
Dork Knight said:
No joke -- I *totally* came up with that time without seeing yours...and when I posted it, and I was like, "whaaaaa -- are you serious?"

Pretty weird, eh? :D

I don't think there is much more that could be said other than great minds think alike??

We will be horrendously wrong, no doubt

Striker

Azuran said:
These wrestlers, I'm sorry, entertainers, haven't had a legitimate title prestige in years.

ROH have finally got the sound levels sorted for an iPPV, and the Center Stage looks great - crowd are really hyped. Geneico vs Elgin is up first, great match so far, Elgin is very impressive.

Lunchbox said:
well, hayes already told on him he's not black enough

needs to be more like this if he wants a push -

http://i.imgur.com/l9xFX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]=(

Oh shit was that Consequences Creed @ Tough Enough?

I spotted Alicia Fox's little sister too.

dream said:
Holy shit, I never knew BigKaboom was a pro entertainment fan.
I watch every MMA show live since they're usually on weekends, but if I watch Raw/NXT live it usually leads to tremendous sleep deprivation since my job has horrible hours - thus I avoid these threads for fear of spoilers. I watched ROH and all the puroresu I could get my hands on from '07 to '09 but it became such an enormous time commitment that I just scaled it back to WWE only.

Penguin

dream said:
Hahahahahhahaha.

I can't really think of a time when they used World Wrestling Entertainment, maybe on official branding, but is it ever actually mentioned on TV?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Just bought both Honor Takes Center Stage nights (Today and Tomorrow), first time watching an ROH show! What was the first match?

Judderman said:
Just bought both Honor Takes Center Stage nights (Today and Tomorrow), first time watching an ROH show! What was the first match?

El Generico vs Michael Elgin - excellent opening match, but the finish was a bit weak with a masked man coming down and surprise attacking Generico so Elgin could get the win.

*edit Cop Killa! Homicide with the win in the 4-corner Survival. Also, Ciampa's power bomb backbreaker looks awesome.

BigKaboom2 said:
This Truth Martini dude makes me nostalgic for Larry Sweeney before he went nuts.

Yeah, Truth's pretty good at times, although he's no Sweeney - no doubt about it baby!

Women's match is up now, great to see the joshi girls in ROH, Kurihara is awesome.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Bootaaay said:
Yeah, Truth's pretty good at times, although he's no Sweeney - no doubt about it baby!

Women's match is up now, great to see the joshi girls in ROH, Kurihara is awesome.

Yeah I like this Truth Martini guy. It's just awesome seeing actual mangers.

"This match is already 4 minutes over! WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?!"

/dunn

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, Truth's pretty good at times
I meant it in sort of a negative way but that's the first time I've seen him. Not as believable as Sweeney based on that one promo, probably because of the fake accent.

Shame I can't see ROH event, my internet connection is too unstable, there used to be a guy streaming ROH events, but he got caught by GFL and hes account got banned.

Sgt. Slaughter just beat Ted Dibiase Sr.

They were both playing as themselves, revealing Ted is going to be DLC.

Sheamus beat Evan Bourne, who was playing as CM Punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom