• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Matthew Gallant said:
Sgt. Slaughter just beat Ted Dibiase Sr.

They were both playing as themselves, revealing Ted is going to be DLC.

Sheamus beat Evan Bourne, who was playing as CM Punk.

just tuned in why arent they showing the match or the superstars playing?

Nelo Ice said:
just tuned in why arent they showing the match or the superstars playing?
THQ is in charge, not WWE.

They showed some of the Slaughter/DiBiase match anyway. But they've got more than one match going on at the same time too.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Matthew Gallant said:
THQ is in charge, not WWE.

They showed some of the Slaughter/DiBiase match anyway. But they've got more than one match going on at the same time too.

ic then its kinda boring watching them just talk along with pictures of whos playing lol

JdFoX187

Banned
Linkified said:
God help me, do you have evidence apart from a lose handed comment which doesn't say he hasn't had any input into the speech, nor does it say that the whole god damn speech is being written by the writers.

Its not bullshit just you over analysing a media company who is producing a television show, and don't want it to be dry as toast.
God help you? You come in monthly, spouting the most worthless and deranged shit from your fantasy booking to your insane ideas for the future of the business, and you question my views? It was in the fucking story posted earlier about how the speeches were being written FOR them. Whether you are too closed-minded to admit it or not, these speeches are pre-written FOR them. It takes the whole goddamn point out of an acceptance speech like that. These are supposed to come from the heart and be from the views of the person being inducted.

It's a fucking joke. Why you continue to say otherwise in the face of this, the idiotic backstage politics behind who gets in and who doesn't and Drew Fucking Carrey being inducted, is beyond me.

Steamboat was killing Dusty but couldn't figure out how to do his finisher and over like five minutes Dusty whittled him down and beat him.

Matthew Gallant said:
Steamboat was killing Dusty but couldn't figure out how to do his finisher and over like five minutes Dusty whittled him down and beat him.
And then Slaughter beats Dusty so fast it unlocks an achievement "Layeth the Smacketh Down".

JdFoX187

Banned
Watched the entire Smackdown episode in 20 minutes. Sad. Wonder if they somehow work Kofi into the Corre match with Kozlov or Santino getting laid out in the back.

Missed all of Strong/Richards thanks to my shitty ISP, but the Kings/WGGT was amazing - new world champs! Eddie/Daniels has been pretty great so far.

*edit, oh snap, Daniels just put Eddie through a table.

*edit, Eddie retains after kicking out of Angel's Wings and the BME. Great show overall (even without seeing the Roddy/Davey match), can't wait for tomorrow's show.

Fantastic show all around for RoH tonight, can't wait for tomorrow. My only gripe was I felt they went to the top rope way too many times during the main event. Still, hell of a show and well worth the $20 I spent just for tonight.

Just read Ric Flair is in Atlanta for the Hall of Fame for Shawn Michael's induction. Wonder if they will show him on tv lol

Roddy Piper teamed up with Rob Dyrdek tonight at Axxess to defeat Tyson Kidd and Zack Ryder. Dyrdeks entrance and finisher were pretty awesome.

Pipers stand up show last night was great too. New Jack started out really funny but went on too long and was just shocking for the sake of being shocking at a certain point. A lot like his matches I guess. He's apparently married to Terri Runnels now, who looks incredibly busted these days in addition to being a total bitch. Got to talk to Raven for a minute though. Very cool Guy.

RBH

Eli Cottonwood appeared on The Soup last night:

This is seriously amazing! He won a Soup Award for his infamous "mustache" promo. He arrived in person to accept the award and gave an acceptance speech in the same vein as his mustache promo, which Joel said was the worst speech ever. Eli then threw his award down and said "YOU WILL NEVER GROW A MUSTACHE!"

I wouldn't have even dreamed something like this would actually happen. Eli, you're now more famous than anybody else from NXT 2!
http://realwrestlecrap.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=WWE&action=display&thread=357846

*sets DVR to record replay of The Soup this weekend*

Linkified

JdFoX187 said:
God help you? You come in monthly, spouting the most worthless and deranged shit from your fantasy booking to your insane ideas for the future of the business, and you question my views? It was in the fucking story posted earlier about how the speeches were being written FOR them. Whether you are too closed-minded to admit it or not, these speeches are pre-written FOR them. It takes the whole goddamn point out of an acceptance speech like that. These are supposed to come from the heart and be from the views of the person being inducted.

It's a fucking joke. Why you continue to say otherwise in the face of this, the idiotic backstage politics behind who gets in and who doesn't and Drew Fucking Carrey being inducted, is beyond me.
Again they do this every year they don't write the entire speech for them. I refer you to the fact that Sunny in the John Pollock interview on the LAW states that it's a collaboration then? And this happens each year. And Inducting Drew Carey, like Pete Rose, etc. Is to give a spotlight at the HoF show to see if they can draw people to tune in.

According to rajah.com J.R has a 'shocking' announcement and is in ATL with his lawyers. He also told people at Fan Axxess that he will be calling some matches at 'Mania.

-- On his Twitter account @JRsBBQ, Jim Ross wrote the following with the last hour:

"Mtg w/ my ATL lawyers. Working on a big deal. What irony 2 talk about this deal here & now. Gonna be a shocker! Get sauce @ axxess."

antonz

yeah the word being heard is he will call the last 3 matches. A for his big announcement havent heard any rumblings there. Might not be wrestling or BBQ related at all. He was trying to get some announcing jobs for college ball

Nelo Ice

Banned
probably old but has anyone seen the unedited version of cenas wrestlemania press conference?

it was so beautiful the crowd threw every chant they could at that homeless power ranger

Nelo Ice

Banned
Plywood said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lio6LUHPJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq96b67wvY&feature=related

also saw it on the last page of the march thread but fan report of the heat cena got

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...om-wm-press-conference-heavy-cena-heat-127611

edit:miz apparently got amazing heat
The Miz: O man, his ovation from the crowd was just a solid as the Rocks. Awesome chants rang across the room through his entire speech. I don't recall a single boo let out from the fans not one.

also comment from the uploader of the first vid
Also I was running out of memory on my camera, but after I stopped recording a "Yabba Dabba Bitch" chant started

we need more clear audio/video of the chants!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nelo Ice said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lio6LUHPJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWq96b67wvY&feature=related

also saw it on the last page of the march thread but fan report of the heat cena got

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...om-wm-press-conference-heavy-cena-heat-127611

also comment from the uploader of the first vid

we need more clear audio/video of the chants!
Wow, you'd think Vickie and Cole fused together into a ball of pure heat. Props to Cena for finishing.

Striker

DieH@rd said:
Jonh Cena can indeed bring up the TRUE HEAT from the crowd. Its a shame that he is stuck as a "face".
He's getting these chants because he's stale as fuck. He has been in a dire need of a change for years.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Striker said:
He's getting these chants because he's stale as fuck. He has been in a dire need of a change for years.
Bullshit. He's getting those chants because he touched the golden and trollfaced it. He's been stale for years and never got that level of a reaction

Mr. Sam

I found a lot of truth in this:

I find it amusing people cheer Rock, Miz, and Triple H, but boo Cena. They cheer the guy they were so mad at for leaving them to do movies, the guy they used to hate because he was a reality TV star, and the guy they used to hate because he was married to the bosses daughter, but they boo the guy who has never used political pull to hold down wrestlers, who earned his way to the top by working hard every night, the guy who has put on countless classic matches and the guy who has been to just about every show he could possibly make.

Have to love those wrestling fans, eh?

Mr. Sam said:
I found a lot of truth in this:

I can't think of one classic match Cena has been in. The rest is true though. I'm just one of the guys that can't stand him. I didn't like him as a heel either. He just doesn't do it for me.

Kyoufu

Cena has been in a number of great matches. Haters gonna hate etc.

He should just go heel and tell the fans to suck it.

Rock got booed a lot near the end of his long face run, which is exactly what is happing with Cena, except the Rock went heel, and then started getting cheered again (which he then played up big time, making his whole character feel fresh)

Cena has been pooey for years and and never charged his pooey ways. POOEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom