• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was my first time seeing Elgin and I'm really impressed. I get the feeling from his look that once he gets some solid experience under his belt he could be something in the WWE. From the current RoH roster I could see him + the KoW being big in the E one day.

Daniels picks up the win after low-blowing Elgin before hitting the BME.

AdawgDaFAB said:
Yesterday was my first time seeing Elgin and I'm really impressed. I get the feeling from his look that once he gets some solid experience under his belt he could be something in the WWE. From the current RoH roster I could see him + the KoW being big in the E one day.

Yeah, those 3 guys are probably the most legit heavyweight guys on the ROH roster at the moment, I could definitely see Hero & Claudio in WWE (although with Vince's distaste for the word 'wrestling they'd have to rename to Entertainment's Greatest Tag Team).

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Bootaaay said:
Daniels picks up the win after low-blowing Elgin before hitting the BME.

Yeah, those 3 guys are probably the most legit heavyweight guys on the ROH roster at the moment, I could definitely see Hero & Claudio in WWE (although with Vince's distaste for the word 'wrestling they'd have to rename to Kings of Entertainment).

Fixed. ;)

Galvanise_ said:
How many of those did he lose? Genuine question.
Only the Summerslam match against Batista. Then again, he rarely loses since they're so dependent on keeping him strong.

Missed the first half of ROH, was hoping KoW would be in the second half but oh well.

Cornette got Davey Richards out to the ring to offer him a title shot against Edwards, but he turned it down saying he "didn't want to be the one to destroy his brother's dream", which brought Edwards out and they teased a rivalry angle for the future.

SHIMMER Tag Title match is up now, really looking forward to this one!

dream said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWcpiHlBroM

Neat little documentary about the dark side of blading, Abdullah, and hep-c. I couldn't stop thinking about EternalEnigma's story about reffing an Abdullah match while watching it.

Damn that SUCKS. Totally unacceptable for him to blade someone else if they didn't knowingly agree to it. I can't even imagine the rage I would feel if I was him and Abdullah tested positive for Hep C.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
BigKaboom2 said:
Only the Summerslam match against Batista. Then again, he rarely loses since they're so dependent on keeping him strong.

Missed the first half of ROH, was hoping KoW would be in the second half but oh well.
He also lost his match with HHH at NOC 08. But yeah he won most of the matches. Not that surprising considering he's the top face in the company.

Nakagawa & Haze retain after a Heart Punch and yakuza kick from Daizee, a spin kick from Nakagawa and a tiger suplex from Haze. Fun match, the joshi girls get big "please come back" chants.

*edit, Briscoes vs ANX grudge match is up now.

Kurihara and Matsumoto kept on going into the ring and THEN tagging. It threw me off so much for some reason. Good match overall, though I agree the finish felt too rushed and it also didn't look like the ref spot was needed because Haze kicked out anyways.

Briscoes/ANX was awesome, Jay bled a scary amount of blood (again) and the finish came when Mark pushed Titus off the top and Jay hit the Jay Driller on King. Match of the night so far.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Bootaaay said:
Briscoes/ANX was awesome, Jay bled a scary amount of blood (again) and the finish came when Mark pushed Titus off the top and Jay hit the Jay Driller on King. Match of the night so far.

Yeah that looks pretty bad. Great match, though.

Kyoufu said:
If I was only permitted to post in one thread on GAF, it'd be in the Wrasslin thread(s). Despite the blind Cena hate, you guys are awesome.
Don't lie, I know you're only here to further your standing in Hollywood the OT.

Azuran

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
The long hair was perfect when he was going around healing people like a straight edge Jesus.

And people in this thread certainly have a WIDE definition of classic when it relates to John Cena matches.

What's the definition of classic then? They're enjoyable and awesome matches that everyone remembers. True classics are very rare.

Weird finish - I guess Strong was going for the vertical suplex backbreaker but it didn't seem like the appropriate move at that point in the match.

Yeah, finish was a bit awkward, but a great match otherwise - House of Truth beat down Generico post-match, Cabana comes out to make the save to no avail, so Daniels comes out, only to turn heel by hitting El Generico and joining the House of Truth.

*edit, ouch - Roddy just backbreaker'd Generico through a chair - WGGT vs The American Wolves is up now, non-title though :/

There are some minor things bothering me about this show. In back to back matches Jay Briscoe and El Generico both spat in their opponent's face, though in the latter case it was a play on Roderick's tendency to do the same.

Now Shelton just used a Boston crab on Richards in the middle of the match, which is virtually the same as the Stronghold that Richards was theoretically on the verge of tapping to last night.

BigKaboom2 said:
Now Shelton just used a Boston crab on Richards in the middle of the match, which is virtually the same as the Stronghold which Richards was theoretically on the verge of tapping to last night.

Richards hasn't been half as beat up during this match as he was in the match with Roderick last night.

This match has been pretty awesome so far, although that German suplex spot was overkill.

Bootaaay said:
This match has been pretty awesome so far, although that German suplex spot was overkill.
They all look pretty gassed - otherwise it would have taken about a minute instead of two and a half. :D

edit: That finish was even more head-scratchingly abrupt than the last one.

WGGT pick up the win, pinning Davey Richards - well worked flash finish and a pretty awesome main event, although I think last night's show was a notch above today's.

DGUSA tonight, not sure if I'll be watching live, but it should be awesome - especially PAC vs Tozawa.

Four_Chamber said:
That NJPW match was one of the most botched matches I've seen

To be fair, most of the botches were down to the CMLL guys in that match, La Mascara and the awful Dragon Rojo Jr. - I was surprised Maffew didn't include the Jeff Hardy match from the same show, as that was a pretty pathetic affair too.

Bootaaay said:
To be fair, most of the botches were down to the CMLL guys in that match, La Mascara and the awful Dragon Rojo Jr. - I was surprised Maffew didn't include the Jeff Hardy match from the same show, as that was a pretty pathetic affair too.

No doubt- they even had a Mistico slip off the top rope in that match

By the way, your knowledge of the non-mainstream scene is really amazing- it's pretty amazing!

Azuran said:
What's the definition of classic then? They're enjoyable and awesome matches that everyone remembers. True classics are very rare.

There IS a gap between a "great" match, and a "classic" match. John Cena has had good matches, and even a few great ones, but not classics IMO. Classic is a BIG word that I don't go throwing around any time John Cena manages to pull a great match out of his ass. HBK, The Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold, Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, etc., etc. are names I'll throw "classic" at in the last 10 years (not counting numerous other Indy/puroresu wrestlers as well)...John Cena's best match is not in that category.

I'm not saying he won't or can't have a CLASSIC match, but he hasn't yet. Not in my eyes.

somedevil

stare-o.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Whats the watch about? Also WWE doesn't seem to mind Ric wrestling in TNA? Can't watch video, atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom