• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar nosurge |OT| – Class__EXPAJA;

Volcynika

Nice. Is that soundtrack the whole deal, or just a mix of various tracks?

I doubt it. This is the tracklist, the titles don't looooook spoiler-ish, so hopefully they aren't?

ByUgQbXIIAEvf_I.jpg:large

Stage On

When you finish the game, you should check out the Ar nosurge Proto I posted. :D

I actually tried that earlier but it just seemed to load endlessly :(

Tried entering stuff like 49.212.40.208 into the password box and just get javascript:ReturnEvent

kiryogi

Banned
I actually tried that earlier but it just seemed to load endlessly :(

Tried entering stuff like 49.212.40.208 into the password box and just get javascript:ReturnEvent

You click on the flashing bar on the right in the window itself to advance. It's a text adventure. Are you using a adblocker or something?

Oh my god Tsunderain is fantastic.

Isn't it hilarious how we have a translator for the unique languages of Tsun Kingdom and Dere empire?

Stage On

You click on the flashing bar on the right in the window itself to advance. It's a text adventure. Are you using a adblocker or something?

Ah that explains it and yes I'm using an ad blocker, don't really have much choice since it's the only way to stop some automatic pop ups from opening and potentially infecting my computer with a virus.

I guess I'll just have to whitelist Proto to run it properly!

Are there any english reviews for Ar nosurge in yet?

Volcynika

Ah that explains it and yes I'm using an ad blocker, don't really have much choice since it's the only way to stop some automatic pop ups from opening and potentially infecting my computer with a virus.

I guess I'll just have to whitelist Proto to run it properly!

Are there any english reviews for Ar nosurge in yet?

Anecdotal, but Macstorm (over at RPGamer) said he hadn't heard of any review copies even being sent out prior to release.

Stage On

Anecdotal, but Macstorm (over at RPGamer) said he hadn't heard of any review copies even being sent out prior to release.

Aw crud, I doubt we'll see much if any reviews for awhile if that's the case other then maybe Cripsy's since he said he was working on a review earlier in the thread.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Just got this email...

I originally ordered this and Fairy Fencer in the same order because they had the same release date. When the dates got switched and I realized FFF would be shipped with Ar no Surge a week later I figured it was OK because I was more excited about playing Surge. Now I have to wait another week to get either of them? Awesome!

It's funny I just got that about 2 hours ago and Surge was on my doorstep when I got home just now.

OceanBlue

Yay, got my copy of Ar nosurge. The box for the LE is really nice looking. I can't play it right now though since I haven't finished the Ciel nosurge summary lol.

So what's the deal with the NPC glitch I keep hearing about? It doesn't sound as bad as the boss that crashes the game, but I'm a little wary of the localization.

Durante

Could say it's relatively easy overall, but there are some wakeup call bosses out there that on Vet will really give you the run for your money.
I actually just got my first gameover, and it wasn't even a "real" boss fight. That's already equal to the total amount I got throughout all 3 ATs, so I'm satisfied :p

kiryogi

Banned
So what's the deal with the NPC glitch I keep hearing about? It doesn't sound as bad as the boss that crashes the game, but I'm a little wary of the localization.
Boss crashing the game....? The npc bug if you call it that is that they messed up npc dialogue trees. Like they'd say things in reverse order or he absolutely random. I can't say I've ever encountered this in my gaming career ever.

OceanBlue

Boss crashing the game....? The npc bug if you call it that is that they messed up npc dialogue trees. Like they'd say things in reverse order or he absolutely random. I can't say I've ever encountered this in my gaming career ever.

He's probably talking about AT2. But wtf? Lol, that sounds so crazy.

I just finished reading the quick summary of Ciel and it's quite amazing. Overall, I think I understand to story and am excited to start Ar noSurge, but the quick summary has left me with questions which I think it's due to the author's writing and no visual aids. If it seems I'm so confused that it's better for me to read the indepth summary, please let me know.

Questions about Ciel noSurge:
Regarding Nay and Ion. To be a bit simplistic to explain: Nay is this person. When Nay's soul was forced out of her body, the soul is then called "Ion" and the body is still called "Nay." What was put in Nay?
Tenmon (I'm still unsure of what or who this is, I thought it was a faction name)?
or is her body empty with no soul attached?
Also, just to confirm, Fractel was the one that put Ion (aka, Nay's soul) into an experimental sharl's body?

Regarding Prof Clackett's "Interdimmend" Research.
From the quote, "He tells Nay about a technology that allows people from different worlds to remotely manipulate things in their world." See, that "their" in bold confuses me. Was the author referring to Professor Clackett's world (Ra Ciela)?
From what I understand, his theory is that by bringing Nero and Ion back into their (nero's and ion's) world, Ra Ciela will be stabilized?
Can someone explain the Interdimmend technology?
and at the very end of the game, is Ion trying to create what Professor Clackett is trying to create (was that confusing)?

I kind of have more questions, but I'm now leaving work so I'll probably be back on later.

I just finished reading the quick summary of Ciel and it's quite amazing. Overall, I think I understand to story and am excited to start Ar noSurge, but the quick summary has left me with questions which I think it's due to the author's writing and no visual aids. If it seems I'm so confused that it's better for me to read the indepth summary, please let me know.

Regarding Nay and Ion. To be a bit simplistic to explain: Nay is this person. When Nay's soul was forced out of her body, the soul is then called "Ion" and the body is still called "Nay." What was put in Nay?
Tenmon (I'm still unsure of what or who this is, I thought it was a faction name)?
Also, just to confirm, Fractel was the one that put Ion (aka, Nay's soul) into an experimental sharl's body?

From the quote, "He tells Nay about a technology that allows people from different worlds to remotely manipulate things in their world." See, that "their" in bold confuses me. Was the author referring to Professor Clackett's world (Ra Ciela)?
From what I understand, his theory is that by bringing Nero and Ion back into their (nero's and ion's) world, Ra Ciela will be stabilized?
and at the very end of the game, is Ion trying to create what Professor Clackett is trying to create (was that confusing)?

I kind of have more questions, but I'm now leaving work so I'll probably be back on later.

I only have my tour of the brief summary last week to go on, but to your first question, I believe:
Nay was the original soul for Ion's body. Ion's soul was summoned from another dimension so an Empress candidate could have the special power and replaced the original soul, which became Nay. Nay was then meant to be disposed of, but a scientist helped her escape in a new body.

kiryogi

Banned

Nay is the original Ionasal. A girl from another dimension by the name of Yuuki Nei was placed into Ion's body, with Ion going into Nay's present body. So Yuuki Nei is our present day Ion physically.

Yes, Fractal did it as a last minute thing to save original Ion from death.

Correct, he was referring to Ra Ciela, and yes, because Nelo and Nei were elements outside of Ra Ciela's dimension, so that brought imbalance to the Ra Ciela dimension. Interdimmend is just as you described it. It's purposely not fully explained as the rest of it will be uncovered in Ar nosurge.

JPS Kai

My shop ended up getting about a dozen copies in with only two preorders. That never happens with JRPG's that don't have Final or Fantasy in the name. I certainly look forward to playing this once my backlog clears up a bit.

kirby2096

Has anyone who ordered from ShopTo receive their DLC code? I'm hoping it's just because they haven't got them from K-T yet.

My shop ended up getting about a dozen copies in with only two preorders. That never happens with JRPG's that don't have Final or Fantasy in the name. I certainly look forward to playing this once my backlog clears up a bit.

I'm so jealous, I went to several stores today and found nothing, I'll just buy it on PSN if I don't find it tomorrow.

kiryogi

Banned
Gave NISA a call, super helpful. Supposedly a shrinkwrap issue that was only resolved two days ago. They offered to call me when they finally had a tracking number and to track my order. Can't say disappointed.

Shingro

Can someone elaborate on this NPC thing? Is this unique to the english version of the game (like ye olde AT2 boss crash)

Is it an intermittent thing or is it a "will happen always every time" sort of thing?

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got it about an hour ago. Playing a bit now.

Also, is anyone else's trophy list in japanese? lol

Mine is and I never imported it, but I can still read the list so whatever. Still kinda weird though.

kiryogi

Banned
Just got it about an hour ago. Playing a bit now.

Also, is anyone else's trophy list in japanese? lol

Mine is and I never imported it, but I can still read the list so whatever. Still kinda weird though.

Yup they sorta goofed on that too. . .

Can someone elaborate on this NPC thing? Is this unique to the english version of the game (like ye olde AT2 boss crash)

Is it an intermittent thing or is it a "will happen always every time" sort of thing?

It's a english version issue, and always. They screwed up the order of the npc dialogues in various places. So they just come off disjointed.

I only have my tour of the brief summary last week to go on, but to your first question, I believe:
Nay was the original soul for Ion's body. Ion's soul was summoned from another dimension so an Empress candidate could have the special power and replaced the original soul, which became Nay. Nay was then meant to be disposed of, but a scientist helped her escape in a new body.

Nay is the original Ionasal. A girl from another dimension by the name of Yuuki Nei was placed into Ion's body, with Ion going into Nay's present body. So Yuuki Nei is our present day Ion physically.
Yes, Fractal did it as a last minute thing to save original Ion from death.
Correct, he was referring to Ra Ciela, and yes, because Nelo and Nei were elements outside of Ra Ciela's dimension, so that brought imbalance to the Ra Ciela dimension. Interdimmend is just as you described it. It's purposely not fully explained as the rest of it will be uncovered in Ar nosurge.
This clears it up a lot, thanks!

The Limited Edition is available again at NISA.

Better go fast, I'm doubtful they have many copies left.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar-nosurge-Limited-Edition
And thanks for this, I'm glad I was able to get a LE copy.

OceanBlue

Wow, just finished the longer summary for Ciel nosurge. It gets really crazy near the end lol. I can't wait to play Ar nosurge now. Hopefully the dialogue issues aren't too bad.

Shingro

Yup they sorta goofed on that too. . .

It's a english version issue, and always. They screwed up the order of the npc dialogues in various places. So they just come off disjointed.

with what frequency is "various places?" one or two over the game? 30? 90?

So has anyone managed to beat the first Ion/Earthes boss on veteran difficulty? On my first attempt it felt downright impossible so I went down to hard, but maybe I'm missing something.

Also, a couple of battle system questions-

1)Why is it that my turn gets ended before I use all of my attacks against some enemies?
2)How am I supposed to deal with fights where the enemy uses more attacks than I have shields? Do I just need to prioritize what to block and kill them as fast as possible, or is there some trick to shielding every attack anyway?

Finished the Ciel no Surge summary and... wow, that's some pretty complicated crap. I really don't see how anybody can understand WTF is going on without having read the summary, especially considering 90% of the characters in the ar nosurge website come straight from Ciel.

Can't wait to beat the shit out of Zill.

Finished the Ciel no Surge summary and... wow, that's some pretty complicated crap. I really don't see how anybody can understand WTF is going on without having read the summary, especially considering 90% of the characters in the ar nosurge website come straight from Ciel.

Can't wait to beat the shit out of Zill.

Yeah, Ciel gets really out there. I can only hope Ar Nosurge's story can live up to it!

Personally I'm hoping we get to beat the crap out of Nero/Nelo/whatever she's being called now.

Yeah, Ciel gets really out there. I can only hope Ar Nosurge's story can live up to it!

I'm really sad that there's no way to data transfer between Ciel and Ar.
Even though I found Ion to be a pretty annoying protagonist as per the summary, the final chapter made me feel really bad since Ion seemed pretty desperate to make sure the same player synced up with the robot.

kiryogi

Banned
Also, a couple of battle system questions-

1)Why is it that my turn gets ended before I use all of my attacks against some enemies?
2)How am I supposed to deal with fights where the enemy uses more attacks than I have shields? Do I just need to prioritize what to block and kill them as fast as possible, or is there some trick to shielding every attack anyway?

1) Some enemies have skills with an attribute known as jamming that will interrupt you midturn, mainly the buggies. You can counter this with genometrica crystals.
2) You have to prioritize which ones to defend at least early on. Later on you can synth stuff that gives you more defense turns.

OceanBlue

Just fought the first boss I couldn't beat without setting the difficulty to normal. Lol that was such a sudden jump in difficulty, and I did 5 retries and still couldn't win. Plus you don't get to save right before it. ._.

kiryogi

Banned
I feel like whenever I leave the synthesis menu with Nay, there will be NEVERENDING CUTSCENES. Never. Ending. Wow.

This applies to every single synth shop BTW. Lots of character development. Some are voiced too, although probably not dubbed. I know there used to be event scenes at synth shops before, but they went overboard this time around.

Just fought the first boss I couldn't beat without setting the difficulty to normal. Lol that was such a sudden jump in difficulty, and I did 5 retries and still couldn't win. Plus you don't get to save right before it. ._.

:eek: which boss?

I just cleared phase 1 personally. . .That boss will always give me issues

Durante

What's the recommended difficulty to play this on? I've heard talk of it being easy.
If you are decent at JRPGs at all, Veteran.

Maybe I'll have to eat my words later, but I don't plan to change it :p

Volcynika

This applies to every single synth shop BTW. Lots of character development. Some are voiced too, although probably not dubbed. I know there used to be event scenes at synth shops before, but they went overboard this time around.

Zerrrrrrrrrrro have been dubbed so far.

;_;

Also been playing on Veteran and doing ok. A couple battles had me using items to keep my endurance up, but I scraped by.

kiryogi

Banned
It's the
phase 1 endboss
that everyone tends to start reevaluating how they play.

Zerrrrrrrrrrro have been dubbed so far.

;_;

Also been playing on Veteran and doing ok. A couple battles had me using items to keep my endurance up, but I scraped by.

When they said it's at least 2/3 dubbed, I think that's misinformation. Not only are the major synth event scenes are voiced, all the field chats and half of the genometrics are voiced as well. I'm pretty sure they only dubbed main cutscenes. There's not even a battle voice for Delta is there?

Azusa

Just got this email...

I originally ordered this and Fairy Fencer in the same order because they had the same release date. When the dates got switched and I realized FFF would be shipped with Ar no Surge a week later I figured it was OK because I was more excited about playing Surge. Now I have to wait another week to get either of them? Awesome!

I have got the same email and I have also ordered both games. But it's OK, for me at last. As always they will be sitting on my shelf sealed together with other sealed games. I just don't have time to play them.

Top Bottom