• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar nosurge |OT| – Class__EXPAJA;

Animekatt

I picked up my copy earlier today from GS. The manager that works there, he knows me so well that when I got to the store he knew exactly what game I was getting without looking up the info. Also he gave me 2 posters he got from the GS manager's conference because I was one of his regulars. Much <3.

iXDx7rpqzRkXh.JPG

kiryogi

Banned
This, aren't the songs all in language they made just for the series? I'm not sure what the point would be in dubbing them.

Nah it makes no sense to dub those, but they should have dubbed the synthesis songs, instead of leaving it blank.

Issue with the dub tho is that they also didn't dub little things like the field chats. I bet side story and genometrics stuff didn't get full treatment either.\

I picked up my copy earlier today from GS. The manager that works there, he knows me so well that when I got to the store he knew exactly what game I was getting without looking up the info. Also he gave me 2 posters he got from the GS manager's conference because I was one of his regulars. Much <3.

I hope you read up on Ciel!

Stage On

Nah it makes no sense to dub those, but they should have dubbed the synthesis songs, instead of leaving it blank.

Issue with the dub tho is that they also didn't dub little things like the field chats. I bet side story and genometrics stuff didn't get full treatment either.\

I wouldn't be surprised it the dub was lacking in that department but at least they didn't pull an Ar Tonelico 2 and take out half of the Japanese audio this time around

Is the game dual audio?

Yes very much so, though there is less English dubbed lines then there is Japanese since it seems the localized on a fairly tight budget

Durante

Downloading!

I first tried the paypal option, but apparently I still have to go through the entire buy online PSN code at Amazon -> enter fake US adress -> enter code in PSN spiel. Well, it's better than buying codes from shady resellers on ebay before Amazon sold them.

PSN speed seems better than usual, estimates 50 minutes for 13 GB. Of course, on Steam it would usually download in less than half that, but not bad.

OceanBlue

Downloading!

I first tried the paypal option, but apparently I still have to go through the entire buy online PSN code at Amazon -> enter fake US adress -> enter code in PSN spiel. Well, it's better than buying codes from shady resellers on ebay before Amazon sold them.

PSN speed seems better than usual, estimates 50 minutes for 13 GB. Of course, on Steam it would usually download in less than half that, but not bad.

Wow, 13 GB? I'm going to have to clear some space if I want to install.

Stage On

I'd love if they made a Nosurge anime covering the story from Ciel and Ar

I mean they made a Atelier Escha & Logy anime awhile after the game came out that was pretty enjoyable so we know Gust is open to that sort of thing :)

Seems I complete missed this series on the PS2 era, Just tried to snag a copy of it and it seems to be going around $50+. Interested in this series now. Will be following up on it.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, I just started and a woman is saying things like "It's like an oasis for an old man like me." ... Oh well.

Edit: Heh, the Synthesis song is hilarious.

I take it you're playing in japanese :D

It's really disappointing they didn't make the dub cast do this, it would have been awesome.

It sort of fixes itself later. I guess here and there?

I'm up to where you meet Prim finally.

It's quiet in here though! Either folks don't have copies or they're playing XD

I ordered a copy from a local retailer and I just called and they told me they might not even get copies... I'm going to several stores tomorrow to see if I can find a copy, worst case scenario I will just buy it on PSN.

I'm going to finish reading Ciel soon(currently in chapter 10) and I really wanna know more about this story and characters now.

Jomjom

Banned
Should I play the other Ar games first before jumping into this one? I have 1, 2 and 3 all sealed still. If it's important to play the other games, I'll probably cancel my preorder and pick up Ar Nosurge at a later time.

Durante

It's quiet in here though! Either folks don't have copies or they're playing XD
I had to finish Danganronpa 2 first :p
Anyway, just booted up Ar nosurge. I think I like the OP video even more than the one for AT3. And I liked that one a lot.

Also, thanks for insisting that people should read about Ciel first, I feel like I already got more even just out of the OP video than if I didn't know about it. I can only imagine what it will be like for the actual game!

kiryogi

Banned
Should I play the other Ar games first before jumping into this one? I have 1, 2 and 3 all sealed still. If it's important to play the other games, I'll probably cancel my preorder and pick up Ar Nosurge at a later time.

Just read Ciel, you can play the others later fine. You could technically end up playing it in chronological order since Ar nosurge is prequel to the Tonelico games, the meaning of having played AT1 prior would just invoke some deep nostalgia.

But Ciel is absolutely necessary, see the above post for example.

Gamefly is getting the game late (for some reason) so my game will be a bit delayed it seems. :(

I forgot I had Kirby Triple Deluxe in my queue and they sent me that so my plan to get them to send me it backfired.

I fully expect its availability to be low by the time I send back Kirby.

Jomjom

Banned
Just read Ciel, you can play the others later fine. You could technically end up playing it in chronological order since Ar nosurge is prequel to the Tonelico games, the meaning of having played AT1 prior would just invoke some deep nostalgia.

But Ciel is absolutely necessary, see the above post for example.

Ah ok. Good to know it is a prequel. I will pick up my preorder today then! Would like to support these kind of localizations anyway. Thanks!

kiryogi

Banned
So I'm just getting Ds and Cs for battles. What do I have to do to start getting As?

Also, how do I know which Song Magic to choose?

You're on hard or veteran right? That might be hard to achieve early on at that difficulty. Ranking is typically done via the amount of waves cleared and I think burst damage dealt too. Might be more so the former. Early on, you only have 2 songs right at most right? Doesn't matter too much yet, both are just as effective currently. But regarding songs, the description right at the beginning tells you everything you need to know about what it'll do.

My copy came today, but I'm still playing Xillia 2 and Sen no Kiseki II (I support localized versions, but who knows when this would see a NA release) is later this week.

Dang it, just got a Game Over and my last save is a fair bit back... Are save points the only places you can save? It really feels like you should be able to save on the world and city maps at least, to prevent losing too much progress.

kiryogi

Banned
Dang it, just got a Game Over and my last save is a fair bit back... Are save points the only places you can save? It really feels like you should be able to save on the world and city maps at least, to prevent losing too much progress.

Inns and save points yup. How far are you now?

Durante

Some initial impressions 3 hours in:
- I like what I've seen of the battle system a lot so far. It seems a bit easy though consideringthat I'm playing on "Veteran".
- The party talks on exploration maps are great. I've always liked this kind of thing.
- Synthesis is hilarious.
- CosmospheresGenometrics are still as out there as they should be.

kiryogi

Banned
Some initial impressions 3 hours in:
- I like what I've seen of the battle system a lot so far. It seems a bit easy though consideringthat I'm playing on "Veteran".
- The party talks on exploration maps are great. I've always liked this kind of thing.
- Synthesis is hilarious.
- CosmospheresGenometrics are still as out there as they should be.

Could say it's relatively easy overall, but there are some wakeup call bosses out there that on Vet will really give you the run for your money.

Marche90

I ordered a copy from a local retailer and I just called and they told me they might not even get copies... I'm going to several stores tomorrow to see if I can find a copy, worst case scenario I will just buy it on PSN.

I'm going to finish reading Ciel soon(currently in chapter 10) and I really wanna know more about this story and characters now.

Iirc, you live in Mexico too, right?

I think we might not even get copies of this game :(
Asked around last week in GP and Gamers (didn't even bothered to go to Gamerush) and they didn't even knew what game I was talking about :/

Worst case scenario for me, I'll look for a way to buy it online. I refuse to buy it digital :lol

Iirc, you live in Mexico too, right?

I think we might not even get copies of this game :(
Asked around last week in GP and Gamers (didn't even bothered to go to Gamerush) and they didn't even knew what game I was talking about :/

Worst case scenario for me, I'll look for a way to buy it online. I refuse to buy it digital :lol

Yeah... I know that, the game isn't even in their databases at all.

I'm mostly talking about random guys selling games and not crappy stores like GP and Gamers when I say that I'll look around.

Marche90

Yeah... I know that, the game isn't even in their databases at all.

I'm mostly talking about random guys selling games and not crappy stores like GP and Gamers when I say that I'll look around.

I think I'll have to pull that trick, too :/

This game's physical version is only going to get harder to get as time passes, isn't it? *sigh*

kiryogi

Banned
Argh NISA still hasn't sent me a shipped emaiil yet, I assume it's already out I hope and I'll be surprised. Gonna give'em a call tomorrow.

I loved Ar Tonelico 1+2, but skipped 3. Rather excited, since this game seems to be much more well received.

I'm reading the summaries of Ciel, and apparently the story changes if you have carry over data from Ciel? Has anyone who has played comment on whether or not options were added or something for the localization?

Top Bottom