• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Verelios

So your a doctor, then? You gets a list of people who are gonna get NKed?

Sounds extremely powerful. Have you used it yet? Why or why not? Is it one shot?
No, I'm not a doctor...I can only act after someone has died, hence the lazarus pit. So it's not a list of people who are about to get NK'ed, but a list of people who have already died. And no, I haven't used it yet since I thought it would have better utility with a small pool and on the off chance I revived scum/neutral.

Verelios

I don't think that will work. My power specifically says the person dies at the beginning of the next day phase and cannot be stopped.
I'm not sure how Fran works with this precedence, or if this doesn't count as being killed in the night but at day start.

Why didn't you save Royal Flush. After the Mazre flip it became quite obvious Flush was telling the truth about his power. He would have been confirmed as a town player. Seems weird to not have used it then.

Yeah why didn't you save royal flush? I spent one of my shots of antidote and he still died!

Verelios

Why didn't you save Royal Flush. After the Mazre flip it became quite obvious Flush was telling the truth about his power. He would have been confirmed as a town player. Seems weird to not have used it then.
I didn't know if saving him would counteract the poison. That, and Natiko had died so I was undecided, but eventually decided that people knowing there was poison in the game was probably important and wasn't that keen on Natiko being town anyway.

Timeaisis

You still haven't answered if you only have one shot or not. I get you might want to keep that secret, but we're past that at this point.

Verelios

Yeah why didn't you save royal flush? I spent one of my shots of antidote and he still died!
I mean, I'm not saying anything, but if I did save him there'd just be a 'oh there's a PD', or RF was lying all along. And no one since has been poisoned I believe? Why are there so many antidotes?

Timeaisis

Oh, how's that relevant? I can't see much changing with that information.

Everything changes with that information. If you only have one shot, it kinda (but not really) makes sense that you are trying to save it to make sure you use it correctly. If you have more than one shot, it makes zero sense for you to not have used it yet.

Penguin

You can full claim so people aren't wondering what your role is all about.

Ha like I said, I am The Penguin.

Run a classy Iceberg Lounge.

I read my powers wrong, I can bet on who I think the town will lynch the next day. Thought was betting on who got taken out during the night so oops on those days!

Faddy

Banned
Ha like I said, I am The Penguin.

Run a classy Iceberg Lounge.

I read my powers wrong, I can bet on who I think the town will lynch the next day. Thought was betting on who got taken out during the night so oops on those days!

And what does betting correctly do?

Faddy

Banned
Nothing.

So many questions Faddy...

Well you just implied there was negative utility in guessing incorrectly.

Now this is an odd one because can he use his power on himself or does it have to be someone else?

I got to say, for my first game, role madness is fascinating. I imagine not many games with these many powers.

And since we're role claiming, like said mine is super lame, I can "bet" on who I think will be taken overnight. Let's say I'm not a gambling man for a reason[/QUOTE]

So have you been using your power? Who have you bet on?

Faddy

Banned
Nothing.

So many questions Faddy...

Also, if Vere wants to prove his powers, we can kill someone else and if they prove to be town, he resurrects them tomorrow. This way we narrow down 2 people who are town

Vere's powers explicitly don't work like that. He can't revive lynches, only Night Kills.

Penguin

Well you just implied there was negative utility in guessing incorrectly.

Now this is an odd one because can he use his power on himself or does it have to be someone else?

I got to say, for my first game, role madness is fascinating. I imagine not many games with these many powers.

And since we're role claiming, like said mine is super lame, I can "bet" on who I think will be taken overnight. Let's say I'm not a gambling man for a reason[/QUOTE]

So have you been using your power? Who have you bet on?

Oh no I meant me personally, I don't gamble

And I was reading my powers wrong so nothing I did before today really matters. Thought was predicting who got taken in the night, but it's on who gets lynched.

Faddy

Banned
Oh no I meant me personally, I don't gamble

And I was reading my powers wrong so nothing I did before today really matters. Thought was predicting who got taken in the night, but it's on who gets lynched.

Wait. You can't say it doesn't matter. Did you make a bet? What were those bets?

Penguin

Wait. You can't say it doesn't matter. Did you make a bet? What were those bets?

Well it doesn't matter in the sense that I was playing it wrong and trying to bet on folks scum would see as threats.

Instead of reading the room and trying to guess which direction the town was moving in terms of who they would lynch.

Two different school of thoughts.

Faddy

Banned
Well it doesn't matter in the sense that I was playing it wrong and trying to bet on folks scum would see as threats.

Instead of reading the room and trying to guess which direction the town was moving in terms of who they would lynch.

Two different school of thoughts.

It matters to prove your role claim.

It is why no one believes weemadarthur, because he won't give up his character name.

Penguin

It matters to prove your role claim.

It is why no one believes weemadarthur, because he won't give up his character name.

But the bet is literally

I think... well for this round I thought they'd night kill Sorian because he was on the hook and if he proved it, would be another townie outed.

There's nothing to it, no special ability. I make a wager, if they are killed, I get night immunity. If they aren't, I try again!

Faddy

Banned
But the bet is literally

I think... well for this round I thought they'd night kill Sorian because he was on the hook and if he proved it, would be another townie outed.

There's nothing to it, no special ability. I make a wager, if they are killed, I get night immunity. If they aren't, I try again!

Your flailing isn't helping. Look this is pretty easy stuff.

You post the night command and the player name you used each night.

Fireblend

Banned
Ok so Verelios and Penguin claimed huh. Why did you claim, Penguin?

Not sure I trust Verelios' claim? feels like something I would've used earlier out of fear of being lynched.

Penguin

Your flailing isn't helping. Look this is pretty easy stuff.

You post the night command and the player name you used each night.

not flailing

Maybe not making myself clear

Literally

Bet: sorian

That's it

I haven't been right so no idea how the response goes

Ok so Verelios and Penguin claimed huh. Why did you claim, Penguin?

Not sure I trust Verelios' claim? feels like something I would've used earlier out of fear of being lynched.

I gain or lose nothing by people knowing who I am.

Scum knows who other scum are.

My power doesn't help anyone other than myself if it works. I'm not a major threat.

Faddy

Banned
Claims
Nudull - Doctor no name
Penguin - Gambler for BP, Penguin
Timeaisis - Thunderdome, Cluemaster
AbsolutBro - Watcher, Riddler
Faddy - Lynch Bomb, Deathstroke
Fat4all - Override, Anarky
CCS - Double Vote Gifter, Two Face
Sorian - Neutral Killer, Joker
Zippedpinhead - Poison Doc, Bat Mite
Verelios - Reviver, Ras Al Ghul

No Claims
Fireblend
Bronx-Man
Flame_AC
Lone_Prodigy

So with 11 claims and 4 non claims it might be time for everyone to put their power out there.

Verelios

What? No, I'm trying to clarify your roleclaim, which still makes no sense to me. I say I don't believe you, which means that I don't believe you. It's pretty straightforward.
Oh, well I did my due diligence so yeah, doesn't really matter if you believe me.

Faddy

Banned
What, why?

Why not? More than 2/3rds of players have claimed. Seems reasonable to get a full view of things.

I mean if we believe every claim being made then 3 of the 4 unclaimed players are scum. I don't believe that so it is best if we get all the roles to be able to evaluate which claims are false.

Faddy

Banned
Also Verelios, isn't your claim basically the same as a guaranteed Doctor.

Do you think that conflicts with weemad's claim?

Verelios

Also Verelios, isn't your claim basically the same as a guaranteed Doctor.

Do you think that conflicts with weemad's claim?
Not really. I'm not saving anyone in the end after all, I'm reviving them after the fact. And unlike doctor, it's not used every night.

Faddy

Banned
Not really. I'm not saving anyone in the end after all, I'm reviving them after the fact. And unlike doctor, it's not used every night.

Your power is literally to stop a kill, it is functionally the same as a doctor without having to put in the guesswork of who scum will target.

Finished reread of day three

Faddy
makes good points against a neutral
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235575559&postcount=1840
Faddy makes a post that supports a scum, but is also very logical and well thought out.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235635184&postcount=1942
Generally engaged, not much else to comment on that I recall.

flame is entirely absent, I remember nothing.

fireblend same as other days, bad reads but ok scum hunting.

Verelios
Lots of role baiting
Little scum hunting
Random comments on game mechanics again, not much real content viewed altogether
End of day, uses double vote against Mazre. If he is mafia, he doesn't know Mazre is hidden partner but he wants RF to die of poison so the shot isn't wasted. [unless poisoner is a neutral SK].

Conclusions:
Flame is scummy for non participation, faddy is not really scummy day three, fireblend not scummy looking, verelios pretty scummy looking.

I think weemad should give us his name before the rest of us claim.

Agreed. I have no problem claiming, but lets get the rest of the 'town' roles clarified before the rest of us claim.

Not claiming until Nudull and weemad give names.

Agreed.

@Penguin
Reading through the thread again, you have offered more than I remembered, some of it being new. Your thoughts are good because you are trying to work out reasons behind behavior.
Have you played mafia before ever? I have this impression it's your first game, but maybe that's just with gafia?

@royal flush.
I wish I could have been playing on day three. What a ride.

@splinter
Good job with your role. You got killed at the first opportunity :) OK, maybe second. Still.

@Lone Prodigy
Are you even playing this game?

@Bronxman
You've been here since day three but you're still asking people to sum up everything for you. Have you caught up? Are you playing? Do you have thoughts? I can't remember like a single post you've made that has any content at all.

@Flame
Who would you vote if you had to choose between Fireblend and Faddy?

@CCS
I have never understood why, on a night where royal flush was rather vindicated by winning a thunderdome against Mazre, you would choose to give him a double vote when he said in advance he would be dying of poison in the nighttime. Could you please explain this to me?

Top Bottom