• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arma 3 Beta - June 25th - 35 Euros

Jackpot

Banned
A "beta of the beta" is already available online in form of the development build of the Alpha for those that have it. This stage adds attack helicopters and a 3rd faction (Greek army). It also adds the Ghosthawk of bin Laden fame. Main battle tanks, fighter jets and a map 20x bigger than the Alpha's won't be available until the final game is released.

http://www.arma3.com/news/arma3-beta-available-on-june-25#.UcMBo_nVCSq

Today Bohemia Interactive confirmed the 25th of June as the official release date for the Arma 3 Beta. Building upon the well-received Arma 3 Alpha, the Arma 3 Beta features a varied selection of brand new content – including 10 vehicles, 7 weapons, 4 showcase missions (Combined Arms, Supports, Commanding & Night), 2 multiplayer scenarios and 4 challenges.

Set against the beautiful backdrop of Stratis (20 km²), the Arma 3 Beta turns its focus towards firepower and logistics. The Challenges game mode will also be making its first appearance, enabling players to practice their weapons handling and movement across a selection of firing drills. Plus, all of the content from the Arma 3 Alpha will be available, alongside the popular scenario editor and modding support.

People who are currently participating in the Arma 3 Alpha will gain access to the Arma 3 Beta through an automatic Steam update. Those who are new to Arma 3 can join in by purchasing the Arma 3 Beta (which includes a version of the full game) from Steam or Store.bistudio.com.

The price of the Arma 3 Beta, in comparison to the Arma 3 Alpha, will be increased. The regular Arma 3 Beta will be available for 34.99 EUR/29.99 GBP/44.99 USD (current price: 24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD), while the Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition will be sold for 44.99 EUR/39.99 GBP/59.99 USD (current price: 39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD). Please note that the current (heavily discounted) Alpha deal, which includes Beta-access and the full game, will still be available until Tuesday June 25th.

Those who would like to sponsor development further have the option to purchase the Arma 3 Supporter Edition (69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD) from Store.bistudio.com. The Arma 3 Alpha Lite, a free but limited variant of the Arma 3 Alpha, will be discontinued after June 25th.

arma3_beta_screenshot_02.jpg

arma3_beta_screenshot_01.jpg

arma3_beta_screenshot_03.jpg

I have an extra Alpha Lite code if anyone wants it.

Haven't played much of the beta but performance seems to be much better all around, got 60 FPS at night at a much more consistent 30 during the way with helicopters about during that showcase.

Question though that I'll post again here:

Having a big issue though that I hadn't noticed before playing the night level, game looks super washed out at 1080P and below. If I turn the resolution up to 2560x1440 the issue is fixed and the game actually looks like it should(ie, how screenshots I take of it look). I imagine it's that Nvidia HDMI issue but what do I do? I want to play at 1080P for the best framerate. To clarify all resolutions above 1080P(ie my tv), fix the issue.

Spreading my question around :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Posting the same question from the other 2 threads lol

Has anything been noted about SLI or general performance optimizations? The game ran ok but could run better in Alpha. Yes, I know it's an Alpha but I hope it gets better.

Overdoziz

Banned

Sethos

Banned
Granted, I haven't played in a few weeks but man they've come a long way with the performance. Finally able to max out a lot of the sliders, view distance at well over 2k -- Compared to the 1,2k before and it's still a rock solid 60. No odd dips, no mountains scenes that go into slideshow mode. Feels great.

And FINALLY I can turn off the awful rotation blur, been wanting to do that since they introduced it.

LiquidMetal14

For those who have the Arma 3 Alpha on Steam and can't wait the four days, you can switch to the development beta by following these instructions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...-versions-amp-release-candidates-STEAM-client

1. Go to your Steam library.

2. Right click Arma 3 Alpha.

3. Click properties.

4. Click the Betas tab.

5. Opt into developers beta.

6. Click close.

Steam should start downloading a patch of around 1.2gb.

Will do when I get on the PC later.

Dmax3901

Granted, I haven't played in a few weeks but man they've come a long way with the performance. Finally able to max out a lot of the sliders, view distance at well over 2k -- Compared to the 1,2k before and it's still a rock solid 60. No odd dips, no mountains scenes that go into slideshow mode. Feels great.

And FINALLY I can turn off the awful rotation blur, been wanting to do that since they introduced.

I need to upgrade :/

And FINALLY I can turn off the awful rotation blur, been wanting to do that since they introduced.

Good to hear. I wonder if they've done anything to improve multicore utilization.

LiquidMetal14

And FINALLY I can turn off the awful rotation blur, been wanting to do that since they introduced

introduced what?!?!?!

Finish the sentence my man?!?!;kldsjgfkljsd

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
When i get back from work I am going in on the new showcases@ 5760x1080 and taking a bunch of screens.

Sethos

Banned
introduced what?!?!?!

Finish the sentence my man?!?!;kldsjgfkljsd

Introduced it, sorry :p

On another note, I was just standing in Agia Marina and doing this;

untitled-1zkudq.gif

That town plus doing quick movements would ALWAYS mean stutters, FPS dips and I could barely reach a solid 60 in there.

Now? Solid 60. Not 55, not a single hitch or dip but rock solid 60 - Holy shit it feels great!

LiquidMetal14

untitled-1zkudq.gif

That town plus doing quick movements would ALWAYS mean stutters, FPS dips and I could barely reach a solid 60 in there.

Now? Solid 60. Not 55, not a single hitch or dip but rock solid 60 - Holy shit it feels great!

I am now excited!

Spat_triate

untitled-1zkudq.gif

Is night time FPS fixed as well?

SJRB

Gold Member

untitled-1zkudq.gif

Woosh, that's amazing. The Marina always dropped my fps to the tens, I usually avoided that area completely.

Can't wait for the next tier Warzone matches.

Jackpot

Banned
seems like they've added some extra blur, not sure if i like it yet

the commanche is awesome

radial blur paints a concentric circle of blur around the screen when fatigued or zooming in. rotational blur is standard motion blur from turning quickly. Both now have sliders in the options menu.

Roland1979

Really cheap considering you're going to get the beta and full release.
Ordered. Looking good. But have to build rig first. Should not be too long from now.

fleck0

Unfortunately no longer guaranteed to be in the final game.

Aww that's a shame, but not totally unexpected. A lot of simulation devs don't end up implementing major physics overhauls (especially when they have something that works already implemented) since it's a huge undertaking that a relatively small group of players care about. Fortunately I don't have any major gripes with the way things are, ferrying folks around in Domination is still super fun.

Radix

Neo Member
One of the new multiplayer scenarios sounds awesome.

There are two teams of six players each. Both teams spawn in their own base. Players must defend against waves of AI. After the AI team is defeated, teams must get to the extraction point for helicopter pickup. The problem is, there's only room for one team. You have to kill the enemy team and get on the chopper to win.

LiquidMetal14

Downloaded the update and I didn't see an improvement like I thought BUT it did perform above 30fps with everything about maxed. I don't turn the LOD sliders all the way up either. Wonder if there's some settings worth sacrificing...

sunnz

The news of the map is VERY disappointing.

The current map is BORING imo.

Needs way more towns, cities, less hills and just well it's crap.

Hopefully release is sooner rather than later.

Boogdud

Downloaded the update and I didn't see an improvement like I thought BUT it did perform above 30fps with everything about maxed. I don't turn the LOD sliders all the way up either. Wonder if there's some settings worth sacrificing...

What are all of you guys' rigs comparatively? I'm on an i7 @ 4.2ghz and a 680gtx but haven't picked this up because I was never impressed with any of the arma's performance (despite having bought all of them and the expansions).

Jburton

Banned
Game runs much better now, framerate is much more stable ... this bodes well for the full release.

The stealth Blackhawk is awesome.

LiquidMetal14

What are all of you guys' rigs comparatively? I'm on an i7 @ 4.2ghz and a 680gtx but haven't picked this up because I was never impressed with any of the arma's performance (despite having bought all of them and the expansions).

3930k 4.5ghz, SLI 670's, 16GB RAM.

SpyGuy239

this is the best money I've ever spent on a game in development. It's leaps and bounds above arma 1 and 2 as well which is a real plus.

Take that kickstarter!

Top Bottom