• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arma 3 Beta - June 25th - 35 Euros

Been playing on this 23rd regiment server lately.

Coop objective based gameplay. Super fun and for the most part people aren't dicks at all.

Gotta practice flying a chopper now.

i am really excited for some of the mods that have been announced so far. More mods can be found (WIP) at the site

Swedish Forces Pack has been available to download for some time now.. they are still working on updates so check it out
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152536-Swedish-Forces-Pack

FFAA 6.0 (Spanish Army Mod)
Click the link to view the thread, more pictures can be found of the different vehicles that will be available
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153919-WIP-FFAA-6-0-(Spanish-Army-Mod)

RG-31
panel_rg31_1.jpg

BSs_PxHCUAAIH0l.jpg

BSs_tReCUAAVgRJ.jpg

BStAHJwCIAAjYMo.jpg

Advanced Cockpit Interaction
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162022-Advanced-Cockpit-Interaction
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162013-2017-Official-Announcement!

sunnz

All this graphical and gameplay increase is great, but I REALLY REALLY wish they kinda focused on making the game a lot more smooth and less "15-20 fps" that you get on online play.

It's like they ignored the biggest problem with arma 2 ( online lag, desync, FPS)

BUT, this fatigue system... It is so fucking stupidly implemented ( especially for the size of the game). I feel like just tactical walking ( when you still have your gun out) I can only go like 60 or so metres before the screen goes all black and shit, sprinting is like 30 metres. Such a silly addition IMO that just makes it worse.
I don't mind fatigue systems normally as they can be great additions but here it's implemented pretty badly ( especially since we are playing as "solider")

All this graphical and gameplay increase is great, but I REALLY REALLY wish they kinda focused on making the game a lot more smooth and less "15-20 fps" that you get on online play.

It's like they ignored the biggest problem with arma 2 ( online lag, desync, FPS)

BUT, this fatigue system... It is so fucking stupidly implemented ( especially for the size of the game). I feel like just tactical walking ( when you still have your gun out) I can only go like 60 or so metres before the screen goes all black and shit, sprinting is like 30 metres. Such a silly addition IMO that just makes it worse.
I don't fatigue systems normally as they can be great additions but here it's implemented pretty badly ( especially since we are playing as "solider")

Wait for ACE

I don't fatigue systems normally as they can be great additions but here it's implemented pretty badly ( especially since we are playing as "solider")
Indeed. You'd think a professional soldier could run a little further before wheezing.

Zeknurn

I guess, I mean I never stopped playing the game but the upcoming release doesn't really feel like one to me so it's really just a continuation of the beta. So looking forward to the new patch ;)

Pretty much. I'm mostly looking forward to all the scenarios I'm playing moving over from the dev branch to stable and hopefully with the creators of the scenarios doing some work to improve performance and stability.

Yes. Well, i'll be more excited once the modding community ports over a lot of the A1 - A2: OA content. I don't think we'll be using A3 much until that point, all the thermal vision and lock-on RPGs make it a bit simple.

There's AllinArma if you haven't tried it yet. I was able to play some campaigns on Arma 3 without crashing. But I'm pretty much treating release date as a continuation of the beta. Pretty disappointed that they're not able to add in campaigns right now.

Orgun

There's AllinArma if you haven't tried it yet. I was able to play some campaigns on Arma 3 without crashing. But I'm pretty much treating release date as a continuation of the beta. Pretty disappointed that they're not able to add in campaigns right now.

All in Arma is great for a play around but its sooo sooo buggy, not something you use with 100+ people playing :). For the missions we do we'll need something a lot more stable. We'll be sticking with A2 as our main for now it looks like.

Zeknurn

Didn't Bohemia say that they were going to provide an official solution for loading assets from previous games into Arma 3?

Foffy

Banned

It still has too many issues. I'm using the time now as the campaign has been delayed to make the most of ArmA II's offline offerings. Cold War Rearmed (a remake of the original ArmA game, Operation Flashpoint) is pretty dope, and ArmA Rearmed (a remake of ArmA I) is coming very soon.

It still has too many issues. I'm using the time now as the campaign has been delayed to make the most of ArmA II's offline offerings. Cold War Rearmed (a remake of the original ArmA game, Operation Flashpoint) is pretty dope, and ArmA Rearmed (a remake of ArmA I) is coming very soon.

I'll have to check these out. I liked Lions of Kandahar and DEVGRU for Arma 2 OA.

I want to be. What's the latest word on the mini submarines?

No clue.

Foffy

Banned
I'll have to check these out. I liked Lions of Kandahar and DEVGRU for Arma 2 OA.

Here's the main hub for Cold War Rearmed, and Red Hammer, the third campaign from the original game. Cold War Rearmed has links to Resistance and Cold War Crisis, which were the two campaigns made by Bohemia (Red Hammer was made by Codemasters, and the main people behind CWR didn't want to touch it).

ArmA Rearmed is a bit of an interesting one right now. That link contains an early public build of the game, but there's a few catches. First, almost all of it is in German, and second, the third campaign, Royal Flush, is in a demo form. I have spoken to the person handling the remakes (thank you based Google Translate) and while I have a more completed build of Royal Flush, he does plan on releasing an update sometime this month or next month to have it all in English, to update more of the first campaign Sahrani Conflict, and publicly release Royal Flush in a more polished format.

Both of these remakes to me make ArmA II perhaps the best entry point to the series. It's really the only game where you can play ArmA 0, ArmA I, and all of ArmA II with the same gameplay mechanics and AI. Compound that with ACE, TPW, JSRS, and Blastcore, and you have perhaps the most intense military experience to date. ArmA III feels like it's in Alpha in comparison. :p

Zeknurn

Arma 3 is out.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/11441/

Launch trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1YBZUxMX8g

12-09-2013
Devbranch is currently set to be identical to main branch - meaning it's in a way older than it was yesterday. Later today we will update it with an actual devbranch EXE, and we'll continue to unleash a lot of backlog work from the last few weeks of data lock (read: a lot of data differences). More so than usual the devbranch may suffer from incompatibilities and errors for a few days until the dust settles.

Top Bottom