• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

First off.... we're in PDT, not PST... and secondly, what time zone do the Bluths live in?
The O.C. time.
don't call it that
dammit beat.
I know I already waited seven years, but I'm mildly irritated this is PST. I can't stay up until 3:00, but if I don't everything will be spoiled when I get up.

Anyone planning on watching the episodes out of order?
nope. Hurwitz changed his mind, seemingly for real, to say they should be watched in the given order for at least the first viewing.

Got the Season 1 DVD's in, watching the behind the scenes shit that I haven't watched in 6-7 years.

I'm ready to go.
Haven't watched the commentary and behind the scenes on dvd in yeaaaars. So much more convenient to watch on Netflix (and in HD)

I remember the commentary especially being really good.

Oozer3993

Got the Season 1 DVD's in, watching the behind the scenes shit that I haven't watched in 6-7 years.

I'm ready to go.

If I remember correctly, during the commentary for the pilot, Mitch mentions wanting to do a gag with identical twins where one doesn't want to appear on camera. They didn't use it until the end of season 3 with the Richter quintuplets.

I chatted with Netflix on their help page a few hours ago. I couldn't even get their rep to verify it would be on at 3 AM. Here's one part of the transcript. Hoping for 3 AM EST, but 12 AM would've been nicer.

Netflix Tia
Alright, looks like there is no time frame for when it will be up tomorrow.

Netflix Tia
I double checked a few things and they have not given us a time frame for it unfortunately.

JCX

It's interesting that for a lot of people (myself included), we've only ever really seen the show online. Makes my decision to binge a lot easier, since that's how I've watched most of the series.

I'm so excited. I'm not staying up, and not posting again in this thread until I'm done with the season.

See you on the other side.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Alright brothers (and sisters), I may not be able to do this. I got very little sleep last night, and I'm not sure I can stay up. I could really use some juice right about now.

Nelo Ice

Banned
It's interesting that for a lot of people (myself included), we've only ever really seen the show online. Makes my decision to binge a lot easier, since that's how I've watched most of the series.

Yup same. Powered through AD when it first went on hulu and it made me forget all about the pain of my wisdom teeth being removed.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yup same. Powered through AD went it first went on hulu and it made me forget all about the pain of my wisdom teeth being removed.

Yup, I remember when Hulu had all the episodes for free (same with It's Always Sunny). Good times. That's how I first saw it.

Dmax3901

I've watched all three seasons several times, but is there some kind of tribute video that kinda... sums up AD and would serve as a refresher?

Alright brothers (and sisters), I may not be able to do this. I got very little sleep last night, and I'm not sure I can stay up. I could really use some juice right about now.

Can't get you any Juice. How about some Ice?

Arrested-Development-Ice-660x371.jpg

- EW.com: Jason Bateman, Will Arnett and Tony Hale on the Bluth brothers and new episodes
- EW.com: Ron Howard on his guest spot, playing the narrator and... Bluth holiday specials?

Like everyone here, I'm very much looking forward to digging into the new season. It'll probably take me a week or so to get through them. I'll be out of this thread until I finish up. Enjoy the new episodes! :D

Thank you so much. Yours is my favorite avatar in this thread too. <3 Enjoy the episodes!

I chatted with Netflix on their help page a few hours ago. I couldn't even get their rep to verify it would be on at 3 AM. Here's one part of the transcript. Hoping for 3 AM EST, but 12 AM would've been nicer.

Netflix Tia
Alright, looks like there is no time frame for when it will be up tomorrow.

Netflix Tia
I double checked a few things and they have not given us a time frame for it unfortunately.
Damn. So we don't even know for sure? Now I'm thinking I really should force myself to get some sleep.

Part of me wants to just watch them all at once but I think I will just take my time and watch them when I feel like it. It might take a few days or a week or two but when I'm done I'll be back in the thread laughing it up with all of you.

Part of me wants to just watch them all at once but I think I will just take my time and watch them when I feel like it. It might take a few days or a week or two but when I'm done I'll be back in the thread laughing it up with all of you.

Sounds good. Until next time, brother!

627.jpg

totowhoa

Banned
Gonna watch the last couple episodes of season 3 now. I know it jumps forward several years, but the ending is still fuzzy

big ander

If I remember correctly, during the commentary for the pilot, Mitch mentions wanting to do a gag with identical twins where one doesn't want to appear on camera. They didn't use it until the end of season 3 with the Richter quintuplets.
Did they really have that idea already? I thought it was just from Richter's failed Quintuplets series.
They are. Also Final Day on Set on Season 3 DVD disc 2 was always so sad. Now it's not the end! :D
I just rewatched this! this and the s3 blooper reel. so great they aren't the ending.
I have a feeling the episodes won't go up when people are hoping. Thats just how this shit plays out all the time
idk that customer service response is weird, but there was an interview with a netflix executive or something (can't find it) that confirmed a 12 PDT release, as did a press release.

I have a feeling Netflix is going to be down.

Netflix sounds so confident that they'll be no problems. As much as I want to see all of this, I think it would be kinda cool if there was just a few hiccups to show them intense demand and support of Arrested Development!

I heard
franklin
won't be in this season. Hope that isn't true. Don't remember where I read that.

I hope it's not true either, but could see it happening, as Gob really only has two episodes. Not even close to half a season for any of the Bluths.

Zebra

I'm thinking I will only stay up long enough to watch the first episode.

What character does it center around again? Michael, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom