• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

wow i cant wati for this, are you guys planning to watch the whole thing tomorrow?
I normally go to bed around 2-3 anyway, and it comes out at 2 here so I'm going to stay up and watch 2 episodes then go to bed and see how I fee
Yep. I plan to sit down at 8am GMT and just have myself a ~5 hour AD season 4 marathon.
it would be over 7 hours if you watched without taking a break. the episodes aren't 21 minutes, they're around 30. Think the first two episodes were described as being around 32 minutes long.

oatmeal

Banned
I normally go to bed around 2-3 anyway, and it comes out at 2 here so I'm going to stay up and watch 2 episodes then go to bed and see how I fee

it would be over 7 hours if you watched without taking a break. the episodes aren't 21 minutes, they're around 30. Think the first two episodes were described as being around 32 minutes long.
Mitch said 8 1/2 total. Longer tha season one

oatmeal

Banned
BTW, Ron's voice sounded very different in that one clip. I hope that that was just a rough pass or something.

Much deepermthan before. Less cheery.

Miguel

You're not going to be hand fed anymore.

It's gotten to the point where I've seen so many jokes that I've forgotten the first ones I'd seen and they're new again. Or I'm getting old.

I'm so SO goddamn excited for this, if I didn't have exams starting in 9 days (!!!) I'd session them all at once. It will make a nice break from studying for the next few days to sneak in the odd new episode of AD.

Zebra

So are these our last hours of bliss before the shitstorm?

Yup.
I have managed to temper my expectations, but I have a feeling a lot of the internet's impossibly high expectations will result in a fiery hell-storm of backlash.

Honestly, if I hadn't heard about the green screen stuff my expectations would be right up there with them! But I have learned to chill the fuck out and am hoping more to be pleasantly surprised rather than experience some sort of supreme religious experience.

Arment

So I totally thought this was going to be released Midnight on Sunday. So I'm doubly excited now.

Yup.
I have managed to temper my expectations, but I have a feeling a lot of the internet's impossibly high expectations will result in a fiery hell-storm of backlash.

Honestly, if I hadn't heard about the green screen stuff my expectations would be right up there with them! But I have learned to chill the fuck out and am hoping more to be pleasantly surprised rather than experience some sort of supreme religious experience.

Even if it isn't as good I'm still excited about 15 entirely new episodes of a comedy show with actors that make me lul.

Gobias

Banned
I've Surprisingly managed to control my hype for the first time ever and my expectations aren't too high. Can't wait.

We've waited almost a decade for this and in 8 hours after it launches it will all be over. I mean, there will be re-watches over and over 50 times but it is kind of crazy if you think about it. I almost want to savor it and stretch an episode a day or something but I don't think I'll be able to.

Not sure if I'll pull an all nighter and watch or get to bed early and watch in the morning. I'd have to stay awake till 11am to watch through them all. ~_~

big ander

Mitch said 8 1/2 total. Longer tha season one
Nice, I was expecting 7h45m at the most.
We've waited almost a decade for this and in 8 hours after it launches it will all be over. I mean, there will be re-watches over and over 50 times but it is kind of crazy if you think about it. I almost want to savor it and stretch an episode a day or something but I don't think I'll be able to.

Not sure if I'll pull an all nighter and watch or get to bed early and watch in the morning. I'd have to stay awake till 11am to watch through them all. ~_~

There'll be more. whether it's a movie or more TV, and whether there's a huge gap or just a year and a half, there'll be more. I liked what Hurwitz mentioned to the AV Club about mimicking the form of the 7 Up documentary series, randomly coming back to the Bluth family every handful of years when they're all available and doing a one-off season or movie.

12 hours off until medication...

lwRk5oA.jpg

*wink*

G8D

Banned
Unfortunately wont be able to watch this as soon as it comes out but I'm so excited for it.

Is it set in stone that there wont be another season following this one or will that depend on how successful it is?

Unfortunately wont be able to watch this as soon as it comes out but I'm so excited for it.

Is it set in stone that there wont be another season following this one or will that depend on how successful it is?

Mitch wants there to be more as does everyone else. He even mentioned something like checking up on the Bluths every two years. It's up in the air whether it'll be a movie or more TV episodes coming.

G8D

Banned
Mitch wants there to be more as does everyone else. He even mentioned something like checking up on the Bluths every two years. It's up in the air whether it'll be a movie or more TV episodes coming.

See I'd heard that the movie was already somewhere into development so I'm wondering if the reason for there being doubt for another season comes down to the story wrapping up in a film after season 4.

I really hope not, though.

Netflix releases all episodes at once, right?

Managed to get Sunday off work which i'm rather excited about, got some lovely new coffee to try out to keep me up for a few episodes later on.... maybe all of 'em.

I'm really excited to see how they pull this off. Too many callbacks and it will look like they just made fan service, too few and fans will moan and there won't be enough cohesion.

Also curious about some of the old plotlines; the trailer implies George Michael x Maeby is still a thing, but that should have theoretically resolved itself in the interim between seasons.

big ander

What are the best steps to watch this legally in the Netherlands?

Schedule:
The season will consist of 15 new episodes, all debuting simultaneously on Netflix on May 26, 2013 (12am/Midnight Pacific Time) in United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Latin America, Brazil and the Nordics. If you are not in these countries, there are legal resources you can use to bypass region/government restrictions:

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
What time are the episodes supposed to be up? Midnight eastern?

Nevermind , pacific.

Shahadan

It's my first time with Netflix as my country don't have it and I'm pretty impressed actually. I've spent most on my day using it anyway.
Thing is almost instantaneous and good quality. Subtitles too !
I guess I'll stick around for a bit after the trial period.
It just sucks I can't use the workaround on my Wii U :(

It's my first time with Netflix as my country don't have it and I'm pretty impressed actually. I've spent most on my day using it anyway.
Thing is almost instantaneous and good quality. Subtitles too !
I guess I'll stick around for a bit after the trial period.
It just sucks I can't use the workaround on my Wii U :(

Check the popular posts on Miiverse, I'm sure there was a guide to accessing the US content on a EU Wii U (it was a few updates ago, but I doubt that Nintendo would care about it).

Shahadan

Check the popular posts on Miiverse, I'm sure there was a guide to accessing the US content on a EU Wii U (it was a few updates ago, but I doubt that Nintendo would care about it).

Hmm, the only posts I've seen there were about the PC method, but I didn't check that much. I'll search again, thanks!
I hurt my back recently and watching AD in bed would be nice.

oatmeal

Banned
I'm planning on watching through tonight, and then sleeping in and watching it again with the wife.

But we'll see if I can actually do that without dying.

Divius

Rewatching a couple of random episodes and finishing with the final 2 before going to sleep and waking up to new episodes. So happy ;_;
Taste the happy, GAF

Just finished watching the Arrested Dev. Documentary Project.

Interesting watch. Its been such a roller coaster for fans of the show, but its still incredible how many people standby it.

I wonder if this season will continue to have many jokes about current events the way the other seasons did. It seems like thats the one thing that latecomers to the show never got to experience when the show was on the air. The whole Iraq war and the capture of Saddam Hussein happening alongside the episodes was just so amazing and impeccable.

This should be in the OP

Added. LET THE GREAT EXPERIMENT BEGIN!

tXfhAcW.gif

IceCold

Gonna go out tonight, get smashed, and wake up to Season 4 of AD. :) Then watch all of them while my hangover goes away. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom