• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD fans that don't like a callback meta-joke to a classic GAF thread, which was actually joked about on the show.

GfnnbN1.gif

No, it's not a trick.

Actually, some show has got the rights to that title, so I’m thinking like Use Your Illusion 2.

Only now it’s “allusion” with an “A.” So if you guys want to put an allusion in there somewhere, like Poe or something...

Don’t do Poe, ’cause I’m doing Poe.

red731

That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!

*clapity clapity, OP, clapity clapity

edit WAIT WTF JUST HAPPENED IN THAT FIRST POST! I SWEAR I AM NOT ON ANY DRUGS AND SAW SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT!

He's probably talking about Season 4, once it comes out.

I can see myself doing at least 2-3 episodes a day.

That's a good question to pose of everyone here, to Binge or not. I have to work early that morning (Boo) but later than evening I'm going to (at least try to) watch every episode.

TUSR

Banned
That's a good question to pose of everyone here, to Binge or not. I have to work early that morning (Boo) but later than evening I'm going to (at least try to) watch every episode.

who works on a sunday? im trying to figure out a holy trinity joke but its not working.

BTW, I got to go to the Banana Stand today:

So goooood:

vjkV7pXl.jpg

The ultimate meta-joke is the Frozen bananas are actually slapped with a Bluth "Original" Frozen Banana sticker. Probably not intentional, for cost reasons, but not sure if the writers are just that good. ;)

Best thing ever though...On the walk to the banana stand, this was plastered all over the streetlight posts:

lgBF8PNl.jpg

Very glad, despite how confused i was, that i saw the original thread.

Truly can't wait for this to air.

QUICK EDIT: Well, i suppose "air" isn't really the correct term anymore.

TUSR

Banned

So goooood:

The ultimate meta-joke is the Frozen bananas are actually slapped with a Bluth "Original" Frozen Banana sticker. Probably not intentional, for cost reasons, but not sure if the writers are just that good. ;)

Best thing ever though...On the walk to the banana stand, this was plastered all over the streetlight posts:

They writers and such werent involved in the ad campaign. There is a story somewhere about the origin of the bananas they're selling somewhere.

Mr. F

Banned
He's probably talking about Season 4, once it comes out.

I can see myself doing at least 2-3 episodes a day.

Yeah I think I'll try to do the same. Happy medium between burning through all of it at once and spacing them out unbearably far apart. Hopefully my roommates can exercise the same discipline.

Not to be a debbie downer, but I just have this huge fear that the season is going to suck.

The trailer and clips I've seen left me feeling a bit apprehensive, they seemed 'off.' Hoping it was a fluke and the rest delivers in context, I trust Mitch.

They writers and such werent involved in the ad campaign. There is a story somewhere about the origin of the bananas they're selling somewhere.

lol yep. From the discussion thread:

http://business.time.com/2013/05/15...-arrested-developments-bluths-frozen-bananas/

They’re made by Chuck Pheterson, the founder and president of Florida-based Totally Bananas, a man who hadn’t watched a single episode of the show when he started the company in 2009 and didn’t even realize his frozen bananas were the frozen bananas being handed out to “Arrested Development” fans this week – until I e-mailed him to set up the following interview.

Not to be a debbie downer, but I just have this huge fear that the season is going to suck.
A very legitimate fear. It has been off air so long that it will be difficult to recapture the greatness of the original run and the writers must maintain a delicate balance between the continuation of running gags and fan pandering. Personally, I'm hopeful the quality will be retained. It's going to be 'different' though, no doubt about it.

Anyway, with only a few days left, I'm very excited for its resurrection.

So goooood:

vjkV7pXl.jpg

lgBF8PNl.jpg

Amazing. Did you take a number?

A very legitimate fear. It has been off air so long that it will be difficult to recapture the greatness of the original run and the writers must maintain a delicate balance between the continuation of running gags and fan pandering. Personally, I'm hopeful the quality will be retained. It's going to be 'different' though, no doubt about it.

Anyway, with only a few days left, I'm very excited for its resurrection.

I'd be more worried if Mitch wasn't involved in the show anymore. He's had years to come up with new material, even if he didn't really start focusing on writing until 2011. People need to realize it will be funny, but probably not hysterical, it's going to be setting jokes up for the new movie/series whatever in the future.

Still will be a fun ride. :)

The trailer worried me a slight bit, but I love the characters so much that the worst that could happen is the show isn't quite the same but we still get to hang out with the Bluths for a few more hours of our lives. I'll take it.

Boem

We need to get someone who speaks Korean in here to translate this.

On the trailers/clips they've shown: I agree that they seem a little off, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. I tried to get friends into the show in recent weeks, but it almost impossible to find a short youtube clip of a funny scene of the old series that makes sense/is still funny without knowing the characters and the context. Arrested Development was never very trailer-friendly. Combine that with the fact that it's suddenly in HD and most of the actors have noticably aged a bit. It's not weird that it feels a little alien.

Of course, maybe they really can't match the quality of the old show. I'm just happy they've been given another chance. Can't wait for sunday :).

Great thread. hats off to you Foxdie

Thnx for (part of) banner! I'm gonna add a wallpaper section when I get the chance and put your work of art there.

Amazing. Did you take a number?

Nope. It was half in english and half in scribbly, so I just took a pic. I'm curious what it says though, maybe someone here who knows Korean can translate.

Heres the full-res pic:
http://i.imgur.com/lgBF8PN.jpg
The bottom left tag is the only one that looks like its not cut off

Aeana

Thnx for (part of) banner! I'm gonna add a wallpaper section when I get the chance and put your work of art there.

Nope. It was half in english and half in scribbly, so I just took a pic. I'm curious what it says though, maybe someone here who knows Korean can translate.

Heres the full-res pic:
http://i.imgur.com/lgBF8PN.jpg
The bottom left tag is the only one that looks like its not cut off

The top line says "Are you looking for me?" and the strips say "don't look for me anymore." It could be them trying to say "look no further," though. It's hard to say, it's kinda awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom