• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkips

Banned
It certainly isn't the same since it was animated, but The Jetsons was canceled in 1963 and it was revived over 20 years later in 1985 complete with all of the original voice actors.

A Current Affair ran from 1986 to 1996, and came back for about 4 minutes in 2005. Of course that's a news show, not a scripted series.

Judy Greer better be in a few episodes, just crazy attracted to her

I think they'll be going back to the Kitty (wasn't she in a trailer or otherwise confirmed?), although I'm not especially a fan of hers.

And I think Carl Weathers is in as well. Burger King is a wonderful restaurant.

Need me some hot ham water

AD-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695366-320-240.gif

and yet there's a smack of ham to it.

Sister's my new Mother, Mother!

Oozer3993

Season 4 is currently featured on the Xbox home screen. Or at least is on mine. It links to a separate page with the trailer, a quiz, a Netflix sign up and a featurette about the two directors of the show. The featurette has tons of behind the scenes footage and shows quite a few guest stars, so you may want to avoid it.

I am also oddly attracted to Judy Greer

Ain't nothing odd about it.

jBaXGKJ.jpg

Mr.Swag

Banned
I'm not usually into blondes but Judy Greer and Dee from sunny (Kaitlin Olson?) are both really attractive to me. Guess I have something for skinny tall blonde comediennes.

She's just an all around hot-tea no matter the hair color

IR3fBOA.jpg

I wouldn't mind dipping into the kitty!

This might have been mentioned before, but I'm not really keeping up. Are they actually selling frozen bananas at the stand or is it just a big trick?

They are giving them out for free, along with a Mr. Manager sticker and photo-op. Just be prepared to wait in line for a while though.

inm8num2

I was watching an interview at HitFix with David Cross and Portia de Rossi when I noticed Portia did 'that excited face' that she and a few others did when sharing good news. You know, the face when they clasp their hands together.

RDyryWf.gif

DarkFlow

Banned
(Reserved for Episode Guide or other Illusions/Allusions)

Again Reminder:
--------------------Regarding Spoilers-----------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------

And a special thanks to all of AD-GAF that helped out with content and banner!

Really, spoilers the same day? We put a one month limit in the house of cards thread, why the change?

inm8num2

The video quality from clips I've seen is almost too crisp. I don't know if that's a good way of describing it. Just something subtle.

New Rolling Stone Interview with Hurwitz had this in it:

Not only was the show told out of sequence, it was shot out of sequence. Half of the stuff is on green screen. There are scenes where there are two characters talking to each other. On one side, it's Jason Bateman in July, and on the other side it's Portia in November.

I really hope it's not that noticeable. One of the things I always disliked about S2 and S3 especially was the amount of ADR dialog, it's just so noticeable and pulls me out of the scene.

Here's the full article: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-two-year-odyssey-to-revive-the-show-20130520

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's so weird. Portia looks so beautiful outside of the show but there's something off about her in these previews.

I think a combination of aging 7 years plus some cosmetic work made her look a bit different. She seems to look better now.

Socreges

Banned
Nice:
#5. “Face it Lindsay, they’ve won.” Long-haired hippie Dave “Gruber” Allen utters that line in both Arrested Development, when his group of protestors flee from the Free Protest Zone, and in Freaks and Geeks, while giving guidance counselor advice to Lindsay Weir. Paul Feig created Freaks and directed this episode of AD.

The fact that the Carl Weathers character was his idea makes it even funnier.

Slacker

The note about Carl Weathers is awesome indeed. Would love to see him back again, perhaps during a family lunch at Burger King. It's a wonderful restaurant! I want to see Annyong too, although I know it's hard to cram in every character the fans might recognize without half-assing the story (see Star Wars: Episodes 1-3 for more info).

I'd vote separate spoiler thread, or a 2-3 week lag on spoilers here. I'm sure most of us will blow through the new stuff in a week or so. I thought about becoming a Milford Man (neither seen nor heard by my family all Sunday) and watching them all at once, but I'll take Hurwitz's advice and stretch it out over a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom