• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
For LA-GAF who missed yesterday, the Banana Stand is going to set up shop at The Grove tomorrow from 11am-7pm

And wow (from twitterfeed)...

zXECHOc.jpg

*BananaStandJoke*

Wasn't there also going to be a "one at a time" thread? I was hoping to maybe watch them one per day or something to pace myself.

I think CrunchyFrog said he might do one

Downhome

It is so close that I can already faintly hear the zoo noises!

Come on AD, the world is ready for you once again. We're really nice now, and God, we love you.

Sullichin

About that trailer...
I liked it except for the very first scene they showed-
I get the cornballer callback but the acting seemed kind of forced.
Anyone else agree?

Portia's scene that she showed on that one interview was funny. It reminded me of
"Can You think of any benefits?" / "What? No, he'll die!" / "Yeah, I get that, but have there ever been any fundraisers?"

Just read that Guardian piece.

The Guardian said:
Tambor always dominates whatever group he's in, but alone he's solemn and elusive and at one point I find myself chasing him up some stairs just to try to talk to him, as though I were pursuing George Sr through Mexico in the second series. I worry that perhaps I scared him off but Cera and Shawkat assure me there is a definite overlap between Tambor and George Sr: on his very first day on set back in 2003, when he was still a nervous 14-year-old, Cera brought his mother and saw Tambor walking towards them and so he shyly said: "Uh, Jeffrey, this is my mother." "I'm not interested in meeting your fucking mother," Tambor replied and walked all the way to the end of the room before turning around and coming back to kiss her. Similarly, Shawkat recalls the time when she was just 15 and the show lost a SAG award to Desperate Housewives. Tambor turned to her and snarled: "This is all your fault," before finishing his pudding, without winking once. (Tambor, for his part, thinks he's "a lot more like Oscar", George Sr's hippy twin brother, than George Sr.)

Holy shit; Tambor is awesome.

Santiako

I move countries this Sunday, so AD4 will have to wait a couple of days. Can't wait. I still can't believe this is happening.

- Warming Glow: We Asked A Netflix Exec Our 10 Burning Questions Prior To The ‘Arrested Development’ Premiere
1) What is the exact time the episodes will be available? Time zone and all.

12:01 a.m. pacific time on May 26th, 2013.

2) What precautions have been taken to ensure Netflix Instant can handle the simultaneous streaming over Memorial Day weekend?

Here’s the short answer: We handle millions of streaming hours everyday, this is business as usual.

Here’s the technical answer: This is not much different from other launches, be it titles or technology features. We continuously release new shows and movies on Netflix, we have a lot of experience doing that. We use the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud to deliver our user interface and content delivery networks for the video. Both are designed to scale and deliver a great experience. We will have a room full of people to monitor and ensure that the show is available and streaming, we do that for every big show as well as any upgrade to our service such as technology feature releases.
More via the link.

Musolf815

Tambor is so awesome, he has a very good speech show going around on tour this year, he was really nice when me and my brother met him at an autograph signing/picture deal after the show!

Slacker

I don't get why it's even a question as to what order to watch the episodes. It'd be like a new Harry Potter book coming out and asking JKR what order we should read the pages in. It turns out the episodes, like pages, are numbered for your convenience. COME ON!

Can't wait until Sunday. I'll have my double-dipped banana with everything on it going like it's Mardi Gras. I just need to figure out how to get away from the wife and kids all day so I can marathon through all the episodes. Perhaps an attic shall I seek...

Arment

Was feeling a little forlorn about there being no Game of Thrones or Defiance next week and most of the spring shows being done. Then I remembered AD S4 and all was right in the world again.

Magilla

Banned
This might have been mentioned before, but I'm not really keeping up. Are they actually selling frozen bananas at the stand or is it just a big trick?

Hindle

Banned
I just get the feeling this show will get way more hilarious. Like the writers were just getting warmed up with the earlier seasons.

I'm really pleased to hear it goes up at 00:01 PST. I live in the UK, and while I have Sunday off, I was afraid they would upload it at midday or something, which would be 20:00 here, not giving me enough time to watch it all and still get enough sleep for work the next day.

I will be up and watching this at 08:01 GMT, as soon as it hits.

This feels so surreal though. After years of false rumours, and hopes being raised and then dashed, to think that we're going to be watching a NEW SEASON OF ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT in just FIVE DAYS, is just unreal.

Out of curiosity, has there been another show that was revived after so long?

I like what Michael said about that in Development Arrested, she's still Family, so yeah. Although, GM and Maeby living together, we'll see how that goes. :p

Thanks Cornballer.

There's so much media, National media EVERYWHERE about this. So good. Although it turns a lot more eyes on the product. I expect it to be highly criticized but I'm still very excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom