• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

okay episode three is much better. <3 tobias. methadone acting clinic #dead

portia de rossi's facial change is so strange. i keep trying to find her old appearance in her new face, sometimes it's there, others she looks totally different.

smiled a lot during the first episode but also it could have been a lot more. focused way too much on just the one character. that's not arrested development. i hope it becomes more focused on the entire family soon.

grinned big time when the workaholics bros came on screen.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Finishing season 3 rewatch right now! Next season comin up awwwwyeah

Also season 3 was obviously the best, first 8 eps were terrific

big ander

okay 4 and 5 were spectacular. ANUSTART, Jerry's not getting off the boat, my daughter Maeby, daddy needs to get his rocks off, all you have to do is...something it. Firing on all cylinders after a very rocky start.

2 things:
the set for the hallway in balboa towers is messed up right? or am I looking at it wrong? see this from season 1:
1x12_Marta_Complex_%2827%29.png
but in season 4 it looks to me like the hallway very obviously stretches all the way back to that next wall, so there's no corner to turn around. it's just a dead end. or have there just been really weird angles?

Oh, and I'm already super confused on the timeline of all this. For instance, Michael working at Imagine. He says to Ron Howard's daughter that he's already been kicked out of Cal by GM, but when we saw that happen in ep1 he goes to the bluth condo to find it wrecked with an ostrich. However he goes back to the condo in ep4 to find George Sr. and I believe the condo wasn't wrecked. AND the condo being wrecked would have to be in present day, but I thought the given time gap between the end of season 3 and Lindsay and Tobias going to India was about 3 years. IOENO.

bed now I think. more in the morning.

The Tobias episode is ok. The George Sr one that follows is ok. Hopefully they keep getting better because I can count on one hand the things in the first 5 episodes I laughed at.

Only 3 eps in. I actually really loved the 1st one. Bateman's comedic timing is 100% pitch perfect, and I enjoy everything he's in so yeah, I loved it. The 2nd one was okay, and the third was mostly hilarious. Excited to keep going. I do understand people's concerns with the format thus far, but the interweaving of storylines and playing with time have probably been my favorite gags so, we'll see.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lindsay not looking anything like Lindsay is quite disorienting. Esp. when they are doing the flashbacks.

Sharp

Maybe it's my own facial prosopagnosia but Lindsay's new look isn't bothering me at all. I would kind of expect her character to have plastic surgery, to be honest... would be funny if the show pointed it out. Or wait, I guess it kind of did.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
He just prounced God wrong. Johd. (He pronounced it the way he pronounces his name.)
It's like they somehow looked into the future and saw the whole GIF/JIF thing... back 10 years ago.

Is that... STEVE HOLT!?

He looks.... old!

BlueSteel

OK, I'm stopping at the 6th episode. First few were very shaky, and I nervously chuckled through them. I'm getting quite a few verbal laughs though. Probably didn't laugh as much as I did through the first 3 seasons, but getting better.

alazz

Goddamn, Dr. Norman! "You're a very pretty lady!"

George Sr. was too weird at first, but now I'm totally digging the new George and Oscar dynamic.

Sharp

Actually, the new George Sr. subplot is exactly what made me realize it's really back. That's exactly the sort of bizarre storyline they'd go with in prior seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom