• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

alazz

"Oh, I don't allow men in my apartment without my husband present."

Lindsay looks so much better after the haircut

Just thinking the same thing. I really think it's her forehead. At the beginning, her long hair makes it look huge.

Is the small ladder that Barry bought relevant to the plot at all? I'm kinda dying to know what he's up to, but if it's a spoiler I should probably just watch for it.

Lach

"I have a new company. The Michael B. Company!"

"I had a Bee Company! You stole my idea?"

[edit] yeah the short hair fits her better. As did the red hair...

Sharp

"Oh, I don't allow men in my apartment without my husband present."

Just thinking the same thing. I really think it's her forehead. At the beginning, her long hair makes it look huge.

Is the small ladder that Barry bought relevant to the plot at all? I'm kinda dying to know what he's up to, but if it's a spoiler I should probably just watch for it.
Except for crazy people who watched episodes out of order, the people who are still posting in this thread basically know as much as anyone at this point who wasn't part of the production process... I doubt anyone can really answer this question yet.

alazz

I need to figure out when I'm going to stop for sleep. It's almost 4 am and I'm only just past the intro for episode 7.

But the mice illusion was killing me. I can't wait for more Gob.

Except for crazy people who watched episodes out of order, the people who are still posting in this thread basically know as much as anyone at this point who wasn't part of the production process... I doubt anyone can really answer this question yet.
Well I guess it's better that way. No stupidly spoiling it for myself ;)

FSLink

Banned
"Hello darkness my old friend".

Well that explains why GOB didn't get many lines.

EDIT: Holy Eternal Rapture.

BRILLIANT.

Triton55

Wow... I was a little underwhelmed by the first two episodes. It felt like the chemistry of the ensemble cast was lost, but then I gradually realized how the episodes all layer on top of each other. It's like watching one enormous S1-3 episode. Good stuff.
Clever call-backs, but more than that the BEST usage of celebrity cameos that I've seen anywhere. Ed Helms was hilarious, and seeing the whole Workaholics cast was a real treat. Can't wait to keep watching the rest, but I'm also dreading finishing them!

The first two episodes were pretty rough, but it started to come around with 3 and by episode 5 it's great.

It's also great to see Maria Bamford in this.

Sharp

I like the Jeremy Piven / Entourage thing they have going

Oh wow they totally acknowledged that Steve Holt looks nothing like he used to

smr00

Banned
Just started Episode 4 and i am not all that impressed. It's had it's moments but it's been pretty eh so far.

Does it get better?

Sharp

Just started Episode 4 and i am not all that impressed. It's had it's moments but it's been pretty eh so far.

Does it get better?
Episode 4 is IMO a pretty large step up from episodes 2 and three. If you don't like it, I don't know--the rest of the episodes are good but I don't think they're a *ton* better than 4 (well, Gob's episode is pretty classic).

SkyandSun

Banned
Eps 1 and 2 were not particularly funny and I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Ep 3 was a step up, and halfway through ep4 and it's feeling good again.

Although I do feel we're missing the ensemble cast, the interactions between them all was very funny in the past - episode after episode with no Gob and Tobias is a struggle...

Mae Whitman looks exactly the same.

The first three episodes were kind of rough, and it's still not perfect, but this is really impressive. Definitely shows off the strength of the Netflix format.

I thought Steve Holt wasn't in this for some reason. Nice surprise, especially considering how enthusiastic the actor has been about it this whole time.

Isla Fisher's fitting in with this cast so well, so is the face blindness guy. Aside from Seth Rogen who seems miscast they've done an awesome job with the guest stars. Wiig especially is spot on with her Young Lucille, I'm surprised some people haven't been happy with her on the show. Agree that the flashbacks aren't great.

Still waiting for the chicken dance/Franklin. Glad that they're not relying too much on references to the first three seasons, though.

Sharp

I will say this--this definitely wouldn't have worked with a show not released all at once, and I doubt that any show but Arrested Development would get four episodes' worth of benefit of the doubt from pretty much everyone who watched it.

Watchedhe first three episodes. I think it's missing something by not following a traditional sitcom structure (A story/B story/optional C story), but one thing's for sure: it's Arrested Development. Just like the old run, some things fall flat. I know that down the line things will get crazier, the pace will pick up and the storylines will converge, so on their own each episode would be a little less than the sum of their parts.

So that 'Scenestealer Pro Trial Version' watermark on all the old footage - is that a really meta joke by Hurwitz on the budget of the new season (ie. They couldn't afford the software and/or the fee for using the old footage?) I fell dumb asking, but it wouldn't be AD if I didn't need a joke explained.

oatmeal

Banned
Watchedhe first three episodes. I think it's missing something by not following a traditional sitcom structure (A story/B story/optional C story), but one thing's for sure: it's Arrested Development. Just like the old run, some things fall flat. I know that down the line things will get crazier, the pace will pick up and the storylines will converge, so on their own each episode would be a little less than the sum of their parts.

So that 'Scenestealer Pro Trial Version' watermark on all the old footage - is that a really meta joke by Hurwitz on the budget of the new season (ie. They couldn't afford the software and/or the fee for using the old footage?) I fell dumb asking, but it wouldn't be AD if I didn't need a joke explained.

It's a meta joke.

And wait til you hit four. It goes amazing.

Anderson

Up to number 7, need to take a break and watch again tomorrow

after the bumpy first few episodes, its so much better and
loving the cross changing scenes between characters in different episodes, will have to watch through again to catch them all
, Tobias and Gob episodes were incredible, laughed so much. Looking forward to the Buster episode/s

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
So I've scanned this thread but trying not to read it because I haven't watched yet. Long story short, is the show 'back', or just a shadow of its former self?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It is an hour and a half of television...
That's not the point. Everyone's stopping at 3 and complaining about it instead of waiting until they've seen more. And it's always episode 3. Like if they decided to watch one more there wouldn't be a problem, but it's always episode 3.

It's just funny is all. Episode 3. It's like they purposely made the first three "bad" to figure out where the real fans are.

Sharp

That's not the point. Everyone's stopping at 3 and complaining about it instead of waiting until they've seen more. And it's always episode 3. Like if they decided to watch one more there wouldn't be a problem, but it's always episode 3.

It's just funny is all. Episode 3. It's like they purposely made the first three "bad" to figure out where the real fans are.
I don't think they purposely made the first three bad, that would be dumb. Anyway, I thought the third was pretty good and really liked the first one. I think two and three suffer severely from lack of Michael.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't think they purposely made the first three bad, that would be dumb. Anyway, I thought the third was pretty good and I really do like the first. I have no idea what is going on with the second episode though.
I liked the second episode. Thought it was better than the first.

Edit: Buster just ratted Lucille out. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom