• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyandSun

Banned
Just finished ep7. I agree with the others who say it doesn't really get going until episode 4, and it is a shame the first 3 eps feel a bit off (though maybe in context of the whole season they will hold up more).

It is glorious how everything intertwines, it's kind of groundbreaking, I think, and works very well on netflix.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
has anyone noticed the SHOWSTEALER PRO TRIAL VERSION water mark on flash back scenes (from season 1-3)

Yes. I'm assuming it will be a joke, a quick googling brings up nothing.

Yahoo answers:

It's a joke..... it shows during the flashback scenes because its the footage taken from when the series ran on FOX..... the joke is Netflix stole the footage from FOX.

I've only watched the first 3 episodes and I'm really enjoying it. I have had a few big laughs every episode, and stretches where I'm not laughing but just enjoying being in that world. But that is exactly how I remember watching the original episodes. It wasn't until rewatching them that I'd laugh more.

This is one giant episode broken up, so it feels like a bunch of puzzle pieces. I have to wrap my head around that and really start seeing the pieces come together before I can make any judgement on whether it works or not. Really rewatching the whole season will be the time to judge it.

There is a certain amount of sadness in these episodes I wasn't expecting either. Especially that first episode.

So glad we get more time with the Bluths. It's not even over and I already look forward to further stories with them.

First three episodes were weird.
Some awful green screening, some scenes were too long and not a ton of laughs.

But of course I have faith and will keep going.

Also, oh god Lindsay's face. Why

Bear

There's more to the first few episodes than meets the eye. They were a little strange at first but seem more interesting in hindsight, I'm looking forward to watching them again.

Just finishing episode 14.

The pacing is a lot different in these episodes. The first three seasons had much leaner editing, but season four tends to drag each scene a bit too long...

oatmeal

Banned
There's more to the first few episodes than meets the eye. They were a little strange at first but seem more interesting in hindsight, I'm looking forward to watching them again.

Just finishing episode 14.

Agreed.

It will be completely different in rewatch.

Fuck this was an ambitious and incredible story.

oatmeal

Banned
(All of Season 4 spoiler)
Pretty sure that was left intentionally vague/unanswered like a lot of things? (what happened with the wall and the land they had and George Michael's lawsuit

An there is a post credits "on the next" and it touches on it.

Zocano

The pacing is a lot different in these episodes. The first three seasons had much leaner editing, but season four tends to drag each scene a bit too long...

I feel this is because the storytelling style is a bit different? Light spoilers but only for the first two episodes really?
I'm referring to the fact that it's non-linear.

Weenerz

Banned
Finishing the Lindsay episode, I don't like this. Doesn't feel like the old episodes. Of course I'll finish this but at this moment, I wish they would have left the funny back in its grave, for its fond memories.

oatmeal

Banned
Finishing the Lindsay episode, I don't like this. Doesn't feel like the old episodes. Of course I'll finish this but at this moment, I wish they would have left the funny back in its grave, for its fond memories.

Just wait, the next episode is where it comes around.

Just finished the fourth episode. It's the start of pieces fitting together and an actual plot as formed. I'm loving it now.

I love the approach they are taking to this season. I can't imagine it being any other way. They had to play catch up and it's pretty brilliant how they managed to wrangle it together. So happy to have more AD.

Question about episode 7.

What was up with the box that Gob sealed shut? Tony Wonder wasn't in there, and it seems that it backfired and caused some kind of panic, but I missed what actually happened. Who was in there?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
The meth addict boyfriend that Lindsay hooked up with is Chris diamantopoulos, AKA Boom-Mic Brian from The Office, AKA Reinhold, the German from Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom