• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Pants

I feel like the Love Each Other is gonna have a much more significant meaning in the future of AD (there's no way they can end it the way they did)

Robot Pants

Hahah I just caught Jeff Green tell maeby, "as I live and breathe" when he sees her for the first time in years. Didn't catch that the first time.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
i cant really picture this show as a movie

tv just feels so right

"on the next..."

I'm thinking that, whether they end up doing a movie or more shows or both, it may end like the Office ends (Should end? Will end? Did end? Is it over yet?). The show ends just as they're finally starting to make a TV show out of the Bluth story, and cut to: season 1.

I think they hinted at more shows before a movie when Maeby said "Maybe a TV show," but maybe that was just commenting on how their situation turned out.

Malaccans101

Neo Member
I'm fairly certain they're gonna make more seasons for netflix. A movie format for this show wouldn't feel right. I've watched it since it first came on, and 20-30 minute episodes is perfect.

stktt

Banned
I'm fairly certain they're gonna make more seasons for netflix. A movie format for this show wouldn't feel right. I've watched it since it first came on, and 20-30 minute episodes is perfect.

I've never understood why Hurwitz and Howard were so enamored with the idea of a movie. Arrested Development has always felt better suited to television than a 90 minute movie.

Getting everyone together again is going to be tricky though.

Wouldn't a movie be even trickier? Edit: Beaten. I mean they definitely have something planned with the ending the way it was.

I think its gonna be something like this:
-Season 4 does well, Netflix wants to keep it going, does Season 5. Possibly a movie down the line.
-Season 4 does meh or poorly, or is not worth it, they do a movie to finish it out and be done with it.

Malaccans101

Neo Member
Wouldn't a movie be even trickier? Edit:Haha beaten. I mean they definitely have something planned with the ending the way it was.

I think its gonna be something like this:
-Season 4 does well, Netflix wants to keep it going, does Season 5. Possibly a movie down the line.
-Season 4 does meh or poorly, or is not worth it, they do a movie to finish it out and be done with it.

Honestly, they set it up better for a new season. GM and Michael finding out the other is dating Rebel, and Buster being arrested for murder. (Not to mention all the other lesser important story advances) A movie wouldn't be enough. You're looking at 2 and a half hours vs. 7 and a half.

Booya

Neo Member
I'm really pleased with the season. This is rewatchability at its best!

Also.. anyone else noticed the dan harmon cameo in the second half of episode 2?

The Sally Sitwell joke about the caterpillar and moth is about her alopiecia BTW.

Alpaca?

WTF happen to Maeby... she look like Rhea Perlman

I thought she looked ... inconsistent. Sometimes better than others. Didn't grow up as cute as I thought she would have.

I'd like another season to wrap up the storylines of this season, which went completely unresolved. Movie would be an okay substitute. I intentionally didn't follow the prodcution of season 4, though, and as soon as I ended I was disappointed to find out that the movie thing wasn't already in the works, as the open natured ending seemed like something was already lined up.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Getting everyone together again is going to be tricky though.

I think that getting them together will be much easier going forward if this series is successful.

What do these people have going for them that is so hard to plan around? I mean, Ben Stiller and random high profile guests okay, but Jessica Walter has Archer (<3) and Bateman has that movie with the chick from Bridesmaids and Cera has every teenage role ever and Arnett has being awesome, but it's not like we're talking about mega stars. Hell, Andy Richters schedule might be the hardest to work around.

With the exposure AD is getting, I feel like the incentive to get together for more will only increase.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Confused on something in the finale.
Did buster squish Lucille 2 to death? She was there for a second then disappeared and it was just blood. Did I miss something. Do we know what happened to her?

oatmeal

Banned
Low estrogen levels, though we don't know why. Since the body wants the macca, we know its not that.

I do know that adult males can have a hormone imbalance, my uncle takes pills for his low estrogen.

I'm sure it is something that will come out later in further AD episodes/movies.

Remember that this is all act one of something bigger.

jorgeton

Low estrogen levels, though we don't know why. Since the body wants the macca, we know its not that.

I do know that adult males can have a hormone imbalance, my uncle takes pills for his low estrogen.

I'm sure it is something that will come out later in further AD episodes/movies.

I feel like they have something planned for this along with all the other unresolved plotlines in whatever followup they end up doing.

Thanks. I thought it was something I missed. Seems like its one of this season's mysteries.

Recon

Banned

Wasnt it high estrogen levels? And who knows what Dr.Norman(?) was tossing into that port a potty. They did reference it being uphill from the macca plant several times.

HoJu

On episode 6. I don't know, guys.
Each episode feel like pilots for each character's own spinoff show.
So far the season feels like one big Spin-Off Showcase.
"Also keep at least one eye open.'Cause the rest of the Bluths just might pop in to wish them luck."

alterno69

Banned
Just finished watching the whole season, i must say i was quite lost for like half of it but then it all started to make sense and felt better, i ended up loving it and thank god i didn't have to wait months to see it all.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I feel like they latched on to the whole self-referential humor the internet went crazy over and kept posting everywhere, like the Buster hand foreshadowing.

It wasn't in every episode in the original series, and it made a lot of the episodes repeat a lot of stuff from earlier episodes. It got annoying.

Can someone explain what was up w that? Still don't get what was happening to George sr and his testosterone.
Seems like there was a psychological component to it as well. When he saw that tribal figure (
Marky in his ostrich costume
) when he was on the macca, George heard something along the lines of 'the weak become the strong and the strong become the weak' and from the point forward he and Oscar appeared to switch personalities with George becoming more caring and willing to listen while Oscar was driven much more by his libido and being a hardass.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Seems like there was a psychological component to it as well. When he saw that tribal figure (
) when he was on the macca, George heard something along the lines of 'the weak become the strong and the strong become the weak' and from the point forward he and Oscar appeared to switch personalities with George becoming more caring and willing to listen while Oscar was driven much more by his libido and being a hardass.

I thought they may have got themselves confused, and Oscar thought he was George and vice versa.

Robot Pants

Yes and maca apparently boosts the libido and testosterone (IRL), so I'm guessing George got a tainted root or something since the commode was uphill. Only thing I can think of.
Aside from Marky Bark and the "premonition".

jorgeton

It'd be hilarious/insane if in Season 5 (or the movie)
George Sr. remained and lived his life as a woman.
His emotional outbursts were a lot funnier the 2nd time around knowing where his story was headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom