• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It's funny how Tony Hale has the same amount of hair he did ten years ago, even though he was going bald then. Loving his episode.

"It was beginning to look a lot like that Vince Vaughn movie, Psycho."

Just finished watching the season. I hate to make a judgement after just one viewing, but I thought I'd put down my thoughts here so I can look back on them later after a few more viewings in the future. It started out a bit slowly for the first few episodes, probably because I couldn't believe I was actually watching NEW AD episodes (and there was a lot of set up in the plot during those episodes), but man does it ever pick up after that. I LOVED the Gob and Tobias episodes the most I'd have to say, and GOB #2 has already become one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. The entire episode just perfected captured the character and the scenarios of that episode (especially the mask scene) was amazingly hilarious.

The first Gob episode had me in fucking stitches. "Hello darkness, my old friend."

Also when he can't quite find the words to break up with Ann and just has a complete and total break down. Perfect.

It looks like the end of the Lucille episode you get the first look at the stair car with the bloodied steps on it where it says Lucille 2 has now become the "Invisible Girl" It flashes brighter for a split second, wonder if you guys were able to see anything new from that scene?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It looks like the end of the Lucille episode you get the first look at the stair car with the bloodied steps on it where it says Lucille 2 has now become the "Invisible Girl" It flashes brighter for a split second, wonder if you guys were able to see anything new from that scene?

I paused on the scene when the fireworks go off, you can see the "blood" is in the shape of a "Z" oddly enough, and there's what looks like a mop hanging against the curb into a free. They're supplying some visible clues, I just wonder how close we'll be to the real answer.

Slacker

Just started EP 3, WTF has Portia done to her face. It's hard to watch.
I assume they tried (and failed) to make her look younger for the flashback sense. She looks great in the later episodes in the current timeline. Not quite as stunning as she was back in the old days, but still hot.

I was wondering the same. I think it looked like a Bachlorette show or something. There was a girl in the center with a red rose with a bunch of male students surrounding her with white roses. Maybe thats referenced somewhere?

Regarding the camera crews, they show up in a few places. I brought up the one in the India airport filming guys dressed as cowboys, and people said it was Maeby's film crew for Gangie 5, but it isn't. Then there's also the crew filming Maeby's math class when Donny tells everyone to get out. If it was an aborted plot line they would have cut them out or used alternate takes. It's either a red hairing, or part of the overall story that would span another season/movie along with all the other unresolved plot points.

There should be a new thread for completed watch discussion, it feels like every other post in this thread is 'OMG did anyone else notice Lucille's number is HELLO' or complaining about Portia's face.

Nafai1123

Banned
God I was dying at the GOB roofie loop.

After first watching, I feel like the really nailed it. It starts out a little slow, but makes sense by the end when you realize how intricately each story line ties into each other. It makes me very excited to rewatch the season.

It was a bit darker than previous seasons, and I liked that. The fact that each characters life gets increasingly dark and depressing without the help of the family speaks volumes about the Bluths.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I just finished Episode 2.

I imagine the stories you see on the WE magazine on the "next time" segment are all hinting at future plots? Like there's one about a sports player (Steve Holt?), a fat guy (Gob gaining weight from the Forget-Me-Nots, explaining his swollen cheek and the "may cause weight gain" sign), and a musician (the random student in the dorm who Michael refers to as "a musician")? Or am I looking too deep into things.

CqdGTiM.gif

oatmeal

Banned
It was weird that Gob didn't do the high leg kick during the Jesus act that was in the trailer (and the stairs/stares line was different as well).

one of my biggest laughs:

"Hey I met a girl today, and her name is--SHIT!!"

bateman's timing is amazing.

k8MQore.gif

mSzk57x.gif

He says "Hey I met a girl today" to the same theme as "Getaway, Getaway." Haha.

It was weird that Gob didn't do the high leg kick during the Jesus act that was in the trailer (and the stairs/stares line was different as well).

Maybe they realized "BALLS!" and edited it out of the show, but they were on the deadline for a Trailer, so who knows. haha.

God I was dying at the GOB roofie loop.

After first watching, I feel like the really nailed it. It starts out a little slow, but makes sense by the end when you realize how intricately each story line ties into each other. It makes me very excited to rewatch the season.

It was a bit darker than previous seasons, and I liked that. The fact that each characters life gets increasingly dark and depressing without the help of the family speaks volumes about the Bluths.

I really liked the joke, but I thought it went on a beat too long.

"That just saved me 12 bucks."

You're reading too much into it. :p

Aren't George Michael and Maeby still technically married from the nursing home episode? That would fit the whole "the movie is about a son trying to get out from under his domineering father while we slowly watch his wife die" theory. Assuming Maeby is dying of course.

EDIT: Or possibly the scene just after the boat accident where she's trying to get her parents' attention counts?

saunderez

Somehow it took me until Lindsay's second episode to realize the credits were different for each episode depending on who the episode was about.

Really? I figured it out in the first ep when they said "This is Michael's Arrested Development". Confirmed the 2nd ep when it turned into "This is George Sr's Arrested Development".

Ok, I think Michael and Lucille 2 had sex in the banana stand, and that's how he ended up in the shirt.

Actually, was the banana stand in this season at all? Odd considering it was such a large part of the prerelease marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom