• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I figured it out in the first ep when they said "This is Michael's Arrested Development". Confirmed the 2nd ep when it turned into "This is George Sr's Arrested Development".

Honestly, I'm so used to just tuning shows out during title sequences that I wasn't even paying attention. I heard them use the names, but wasn't paying attention to what was flashing on the screen.

Ok, I think Michael and Lucille 2 had sex in the banana stand, and that's how he ended up in the shirt.

Actually, was the banana stand in this season at all? Odd considering it was such a large part of the prerelease marketing.

I wouldn't be surprised if they focused so much on it during marketing to make you wonder why it wasn't in the season.

I'm about to start a rewatch, and I think I'm going to jump around instead of watching them in the same order.

Just for a slightly different perspective.

I'm about to start a rewatch, and I think I'm going to jump around instead of watching them in the same order.

Just for a slightly different perspective.

It's what I've been doing.

Also, I could see there being actual money hidden in the Banana Stand again to help Michael. We'll see, of course.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Who is the Thing in the musical? I thought Buster did it, but the final episode makes a point to show him sit it down and not do it.

Did anyone do it? I don't remember completely, but I thought they were singing about the "Fantastic Three" when they were actually putting on the musical.

Anyone else love the joke about Maeby's check? It was a royalty Check for the movie Gangie 4: Facelift. Where as everyone thought it was from Lucille to Maeby for her to get a Facelift. xD

Did anyone do it? I don't remember completely, but I thought they were singing about the "Fantastic Three" when they were actually putting on the musical.

They did work their way up to "Four" in the song's lyrics, Nice touch on the credits being put over the play for "all their hard work." haha.

Totally forgot about "On the next Arrested Development" for Maeby's episode. Sally is interviewed on the morning after Quatro, and mentions they're hopeful that Lucille 2 will still be found. She's gotta be
In the Banana stand! It makes wayyyy too much sense now.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Totally forgot about "On the next Arrested Development" for Maeby's episode. Sally mentions they're hopeful that Lucille 2 will still be found. She's gotta be

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND OMGGGGGG IT'S SO PERFECT

Cptkrush

Totally forgot about "On the next Arrested Development" for Maeby's episode. Sally is interviewed on the morning after Quatro, and mentions they're hopeful that Lucille 2 will still be found. She's gotta be

This is reaching, but, Michael owes her money...there's always money in the banana stand.

Yeah, totally reaching.

And totally beaten

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND OMGGGGGG IT'S SO PERFECT

There's always money in the banana stand!

This is reaching, but, Michael owes her money...there's always money in the banana stand.

Yeah, totally reaching.

winking_lucille_arrested_development.gif

Goddamn, just watched Maeby's episode and finding out the offscreen squawks from earlier episodes were her saying "FUCK!" had me fucking rolling on the floor. Seriously, this show is brilliant.

On a somewhat related note, is it just me or has Alia Shakwat really, erm, grown a bit since the show originally aired? Or did she just not wear as emphasizing clothes in the original run?

I've only seen the first three episodes, but I'm not feeling it so far. I understand they have to film around the actors' schedules, but it's just too off-putting focusing on one character for 30 minutes.

I'm hoping it turns around pretty soon, but I'll keep my expectations in check.

saunderez

I've only seen the first three episodes, but I'm not feeling it so far. I understand they have to film around the actors' schedules, but it's just too off-putting focusing on one character for 30 minutes.

Wait until the end of ep 5 before you write it off. Things start getting real around there. Believe it or not there's method to the madness of showing things from different characters perspectives in a particular order.

If you had read (and it's a good thing you haven't) the past 20 or some pages of posts, the overwhelming consensus is that it takes about 3-5 Episodes to feel in the "swing" of things again. As everything starts to connect. For some people, it takes until the Gob episode, but that's when things start to get awesome. :)

jett

D-Member
I just finished watching the whole thing. I thought it was outstanding, it really is kind of genius writing. And I love how self-aware they were about some of the memes that came out of the original show.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Watch more. Definitely starts getting enjoyable.

mj1108

It starts off slow but picks up. Stay with it. It's well worth it.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Goddamn, just watched Maeby's episode and finding out the offscreen squawks from earlier episodes were her saying "FUCK!" had me fucking rolling on the floor. Seriously, this show is brilliant.

On a somewhat related note, is it just me or has Alia Shakwat really, erm, grown a bit since the show originally aired? Or did she just not wear as emphasizing clothes in the original run?

Lol I thought she actually wore clothes in s4 that generally aren't very emphasizing

And just noticed that Lucille says "I've got to get away, get away" in ep 14 :p

Calvarok

Banned
Posted this in the other thread, worth looking at here.

Lindsay Before and After

I noticed it in her first episode, but as soon as she cuts her hair she looks herself again, which is strange since she didn't cut her hair before. I think it was just her makeup.

And for me, the first few episodes were a bit weird because I didn't get what they were doing, but once I did it was just like the old times, and I think I'll appreciate those episodes more on rewatches.

I appreciate how different the show was. They really did a good job not relying on the same format.

I think she lost some weight or something....might be a combination of things.

But she's the only one that noticeably changed (even more than the kids).

It's weird, because there's this beautiful picture of her:

That was from only a few months ago. So what happened between then and now? Maeby it was special makeup? or she did get a facelift before the show, it's uncertain. I still think she's very attractive.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I thought Maeby's actress is the biggest "wow, what happened?" for me.

She's not ugly by any means, but, like, the freckles and hair cut just...look really odd. I've only seen her in the flashback episodes, so maybe they purposefully "younged" her up and when they get to the present with her she'll look more natural.

Calvarok

Banned
Lol I thought she actually wore clothes in s4 that generally aren't very emphasizing

And just noticed that Lucille says "I've got to get away, get away" in ep 14 :p

I seriously want that "getaway" song as my ringtone.

Also, Alia... I kinda thought she was cute during the first three seasons (I was about 17 when I watched them first, so don't send me to Sudden Valley) and now she has grown into exactly the kind of girl I'm most attracted to. (How the fuck does she make a bulky sweater look too tight in the right places?)

NL9ZooK.jpg

Who is in the Thing suit?

Who has those shoes? Is the word "poof" a clue that it's Gob or Tony Wonder?

When Buster sucker punched Terry Crews, he dropped the costume and ran away, but the camera Panned on the costume laying there on the ground. So who picked it up?

It's possible it's Gob, after George Michael talked to him at the party, but then, we don't know what Tony Wonder was doing at Quarto yet either. Hmm...

Manu

I thought the same thing. It reallly starts picking up in Ep. 5. Keep watching.

cacophony

what was the joke between Sally Sitwell's house and the moth/caterpillar? I didn't get that

i havent seen the last episode yet though if that will answer it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom