• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Caught by someone on another forum:

It gets better. Have you seen the signs on the Musical Tobias put on? Instead of the usual "POW!" and "BANG!"....

it's "POOF" , "DRILL" ,"STAB" & "FIST"

Ah, Tobias. Never change. :p

I'm waiting for my car to be serviced right now and on the waiting room TV there's some daytime show on doing a special episode about a woman with face blindness.

Edit: It's the Jeff Probst(?) Show.

That Fantastic Four song is still stuck in my head. And I'm hearing it in Debrie's voice. Its the way she says "face" and "place". That Mark Cherry beat is freakin killer.

Erigu

I like how the titles of Love's Youtube videos not only foreshadow Buster's invovement but also hint at him having sexually harassed both Carr's widow and Pete the mailman's daughter.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm waiting for my car to be serviced right now and on the waiting room TV there's some daytime show on doing a special episode about a woman with face blindness.

Edit: It's the Jeff Probst(?) Show.

When I watched the Lindsay 1 ep yesterday with my mom she said shed heard a news story about face blindness in the past week, and it's the first time shed ever heard of it. Everybody stealing ADs thunder!

Bear

I have no words for Lindsay's episode. It has to be AD's worst, no laughs to be had whatsoever.

Her first episode had its moments, and it's better the second time around, but it was the weakest episode of the season. I liked her second episode though, after
Herbert Love
gets introduced.

Oh my god. I just now noticed something. In George Michael's episode "It Gets Better", when the "Social Network" lawsuit scene with the lawyers occurs, the twin brothers from college are in the scene for some reason. I just noticed it now, they're like the Winklevoss Twins. They helped facilitate the beginning of Fakeblock by giving George Michael a larger room to accomodate a second room-mate, P-hound.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I have no words for Lindsay's episode. It has to be AD's worst, no laughs to be had whatsoever.

I'll say it again, I think her first episode is way better than the second one (George Sr.'s). After watching the second episode I thought this whole season would be terrible. Lindsay's episode gave me hope.

Dazzler

Was it just me or were they repeatedly teasing characters saying "I've made a huge mistake"?

Final "On the next Arrested Development" from episode 15 was a particular example, I was sure GOB was gonna say it. I felt like someone trying to get Bart Simpson to say: I didn't do it

Airhorn.

jb0zKJonDYF8FR.png

Not that the two universes are connected, but I can't help but feel like Herbert Love is an ancestor of President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

I just realized that the finale is the first episode to not have a
"On the Next Arrested Development" stinger
, which was a brilliant move. The
ending was so perfectly jarring

Sullichin

Holy shit. I'm glad you told me this.
Not sure if this is what you meant but It's not the first episode of the series to not have "On the Next". Pier Pressure doesn't have one either

This might have been discussed and might be a stretch, but I noticed
Lem tells Michael that George Maharis is older than him, has red hair = red hairing = red herring
. Of course he's Rebels son so the red hair makes sense, and it's implied that his father is that old French actor guy, but..

deleted

I just finished the season. I don't get how people are saying it's not good - I found it brilliant at its best and very good at its worst. First few episodes are used to establish some things that get important or funny down the line, but are needed imo, because the payoff is great.

There are so many gags I missed on this first watch. So many things I wanted to freeze frame. What's on the board in front of George-Michaels dorm room?
And the last episode alone has the awesome news-banner on TV in the background, reminding someone of his doctors appointment and to bring his drivers license instead of actual news. I can't imagine what else is in there that I missed.

It would be awesome, if there was a fifth season that was called: Arrested Development: The Movie. They will clearly bring this storyline to an end, one way or the other. Many setups for a movie or a new season - either way: I'm pumped for more.
Next time, give me more Maeby and Lucille and less Lindsay (she looked unhealthy skinny with long hair) please.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Holy shit. I'm glad you told me this.
An you all were wondering if it was even necessary for me to post that PSA about the misplaced "On the Next..." a few pages ago. Told you it was required.

Not sure if this is what you meant but It's not the first episode of the series to not have "On the Next". Pier Pressure doesn't have one either
By GOB, you're right. How did I never notice that?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I just realized that the finale is the first episode to not have a
"On the Next Arrested Development" stinger
, which was a brilliant move. The
ending was so perfectly jarring

Also there's a whole handful from the first season (maybe other seasons?) that don't have it either. I was rewatching them on Netflix before s4 and a few times I was like WTF NETFLIX before I realized that not every episode has the On the Next.

Sullichin

An you all were wondering if it was even necessary for me to post that PSA about the misplaced "On the Next..." a few pages ago. Told you it was required.

By GOB, you're right. How did I never notice that?
Also: Tobias isn't in that episode. that's a rarity in the first three seasons, and surprising because it's one of the best episodes.

Erigu

the last episode alone has the awesome news-banner on TV in the background, reminding someone of his doctors appointment and to bring his drivers license instead of actual news.
It was directed at "Ron". Ron Howard, obviously: it's Imagine News, after all.

Speaking of which, it also says "Happy Birthday to Bryce" despite the fact Bryce Dallas Howard was born in March! ZOMG plot hole!
Same thing for the "Wednesday, February 27" on Gob's phone right before that! Unless you argue that Gob has no "today" button either, but since it would have to be 2013 or 2008 rather than 2003 like Michael, I can't convince myself that was intended.

Finished the season, good although pretty confusing with all the jumps.

Loved the buster episode. Gob's episodes were pretty bad, along with Pop Pop's these were the low points for me.

first one has that great magic trick. and that hilarious entourage parody.

gob's were among the highlights of this season.

the worst episodes were george sr, lindsey and most of tobias. those two new hobo characters sucked so bad. especially debrie.

terry crews was great though.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

the worst episodes were george sr, lindsey and most of tobias. those two new hobo characters sucked so bad. especially debrie.

The whole acting clinic got me though. It was great.

Face blindness was amazing.

I liked the entourage part, the magic trick was meh. Good overall, that second episode though.

And I agree the new hobo characters sucked. Heartfire was simply awesome and a great addition.

blamite

Face blindness was amazing.

I love how many of the seasons jokes seem made up but are actually real things.

-low-budget Fantastic 4 movie made just to keep the rights
-face blindness
-Ron Howard (middle) naming his kids after here they ere conceived

probably others

Iksenpets

Banned
Maeby's episode was awesome.....this season really hits its stride after the first third or so.

I was really surprised by Maeby's episode. She was always the least developed of the main cast, but she ended up with the best single-episode arc of the bunch. The series of events leading to her becoming a convicted statutory rapist was pretty amazing.

So, what's our theory on who's in the Thing costume for the Fantastic Four musical float? I think that might be a big clue as to what's ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom