• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Let's hope Felicity dies tonight
II03WXn.gif

Man that was weird, I figured Malcolm had to be in on it given how easily he lost to Oliver, but that's obviously not the case given this reaction.

Damn Malcolm.

Effect

Man that was weird, I figured Malcolm had to be in on it given how easily he lost to Oliver, but that's obviously not the case given this reaction.

Unless there was a plan and Nyssa disbanding the League wasn't apart of it or expected. We've seen Malcolm fight in the past. The last time it took Oliver and Diggle to take him down and even then he didn't die. Unless he's gotten slower with age over the least few years there had to be a plan Oliver broke it and Nyssa screw it up by the disbanding. That's what Malcolm seemed most pissed about.

Khezu

I think at this point Malcom has more plot armor then anyone but Felicity.

This entire episode was annoying as hell, they need to finally kill him.

Damn Malcolm.

Power rankings in this show are so off, Ollie made him look like a chump despite him constantly jobbing to random goons in all the filler episodes.

Thats what i thought, he was weak as hell in that fight

Yeah it was like two moves...I thought it had to be on purpose.

Unless there was a plan and Nyssa disbanding the League wasn't apart of it or expected. We've seen Malcolm fight in the past. The last time it took Oliver and Diggle to take him down and even then he didn't die. Unless he's gotten slower with age over the least few years there had to be a plan Oliver broke it and Nyssa screw it up by the disbanding. That's what Malcolm seemed most pissed about.

Yeah, either way they could have been more clear on why the fight went the way it did before jumping into this, since it was so one-sided.

tim1138

So it's going to be William or his mom in the grave. Felicity ends it with Ollie (she didn't have her ring on in the flash forward), because she found out Ollie was keeping secrets, and thus the timeline self corrects to before Barry changed it fighting Savage.

It has been 3 years since then .
Don't forget that malcolm did not think he could be rass that why he sent oliver .
And Oliver level up and beat him , truth is almost everyone should be a cake walk for Oliver.
But he get nerfs when the weeks come .

So it's going to be William or his mom in the grave. Felicity ends it with Ollie (she didn't have her ring on in the flash forward), because she found out Ollie was keeping secrets, and thus the timeline self corrects to before Barry changed it fighting Savage.

The time line stuff can never correct because all of them should be dead.

weshes195

You know what I just realized? Out of all the villains in a superhero show/movie, Malcolm has done so many things to ensure top tier villainy.

I mean, Compare Malcolm to Ultron or Loki or Kingpin or Killgrave or Joker; Malcolm has done so much shit and gotten away with destroying Ollie's life while literally telling Ollie he will destroy him to his face and just walking away with swagness.

Where is Deathstroke, Reverse-Flash (obviously we'll see more because his past is our future, but c'mon he isn't a regular yet), Ra's, etc..

I compare Malcolm to Lionel Luthor, one of comic book live action's best villain (who wasn't even really in the comics at all).

Johndoey

Banned
Lionel was smarter about his shit than Malcolm and Lionel had actually repercussions for his actions. Malcolm does what he pleases with no issues, and losing a hand in a world with immortality and time travel ain't shit.

Kard8p3

You know what I just realized? Out of all the villains in a superhero show/movie, Malcolm has done so many things to ensure top tier villainy.

I mean, Compare Malcolm to Ultron or Loki or Kingpin or Killgrave or Joker; Malcolm has done so much shit and gotten away with destroying Ollie's life while literally telling Ollie he will destroy him to his face and just walking away with swagness.

Where is Deathstroke, Reverse-Flash (obviously we'll see more because his past is our future, but c'mon he isn't a regular yet), Ra's, etc..

I compare Malcolm to Lionel Luthor, one of comic book live action's best villain (who wasn't even really in the comics at all).

WHAT.

Merlyn is no where near as awesome as RF.

Merlyn is absolutely awful, makes me want to stop watching this series at times.

shoreu

Lol I thought you were making a comparison to comic villains. I was like wahhhhhh 😱

Reverse Flash is way better than Merlyn.

He's way better written, way more threatening, has a better design, and had better action scenes IMO.

With that said Merlyn is okay tho

Nyssa beat Malcolm Merlyn with relative ease in season 3 and now it's being made that he can whoop her easily? Given the fact that she's been trained since she was a child and thus literally most of her life, and with Ra's as her father likely had all sorts of teachers, how is it that she cannot win a fight against anyone when she should be the best fighter in the show?

Skux

Well I for one am glad that the League is no more. By season 3 they had turned into a parody organisation of clumsy mooks for our heroes to plow through.

Unfortunately Malcolm is still around and he brings with him 4 seasons worth of baggage that the writers just can't fix. Hopefully he finally dies by the end of this season and I can finally get the clean slate I've been wanting since season 3.

Right now my dream scenario is for Tommy to come back as the main villain in a Red Hood/Winter Soldier type situation. Alas, it's nice to want things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom