• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of how that ended I can't judge this anymore.....

Oliver and Laruel could be pulling some S3 shit, or she could be dead.

I feel so sorry for the Lances.

She dead.
The question is if they want to bring her back later on .
There is time travel , earth 2 , magic nuff options if the want her back .

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a ploy between Laurel and Oliver.

Still, for someone with a heart condition, Chesthair is pretty resilient.

ZeroX03

Banned
Arrow Star Hails 'Shock Value' of
's Death, Says Emotional Goodbye Scene Was 'So Real'
“I was OK with it,” Katie Cassidy said during a recent press screening of the game-changing hour, which found Laurel being stabbed by Damien Darhk and later flatlining at the hospital. “We all sort of came to an understanding that this is what was going to happen, and it made sense to me.”

Looking back at her time on the CW series, “Since Season 2 up until now, Laurel has had a truly amazing journey,” Cassidy said. “They’ve written so well for me, and I’ve had such an incredible arc.”

It’s lucky then that death isn’t necessarily the end for an actor in the Arrowverse:
Cassidy appears via flashbacks in Episode 19 and later this spring will play Earth-Two’s Laurel, aka Black Siren, on The Flash, in addition to lending her voice to Vixen Season 2.

“In the future, you never know what can happen,” Cassidy admitted. “As they know, I’m always happy to come play with them if they time travel and whatnot.”

Effect

The only irritating part is they only killed her for some easy heat because people don't like her.

That's the thing. Didn't. Once they started actually writing her well and giving her things to do she proved to be one of the better aspects of the show and that was always the case when they didn't toss crap her way. The show runner and writers can only see Ollicity and wrongly think everyone loves it. Ugh.

WedgeX

Banned
U5fK1j8.jpg

I am crushed.

Yup, she was finally really good.

Honestly, I hope it's a fake out.

Truthfully, I don't think it is.

I don't know either, but if not it was ugh.

Doctor: "She's gonna be fine"
Death speech anyway.
Something about a promise and then we don't hear what they are talking about.
Dying again out of nowhere.

Atleast give her a good death since she's been around so long.

That's the thing. Didn't. Once they started actually writing her well and giving her things to do she proved to be one of the better aspects of the show and that was always the case when they didn't toss crap her way. The show runner and writers can only see Ollicity and wrongly think everyone loves it. Ugh.

She hardly did anything this season.
In fact i go so far to say since they have less focus on her people stop hating so much .

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm very interested to see if all the people saying "fuck this show I'm never watching again" actually live up to it. We've heard this so many times before.

Tabby

I'm very interested to see if all the people saying "fuck this show I'm never watching again" actually live up to it. We've heard this so many times before.

I quit a few weeks ago. I just like watching this thread and /r/arrow have a melt down.

i really did almost quit then decided the season was about the end so i might as well see it out, then the bee episode was surprisingly fun... but after this. lol bye

cr0w

Old Member

I haven't watched in months until tonight, just tuned in to see what would happen. I feel comfortable that I made the correct decision when I hung it up.

What i find funny is people blaming this on Olicity \ Felicity .
It's not like this was some love triangle or some shit like that lol .
Hell most people in here did not even give shit about her that much .
The mot people talk about laruel is when they wanted her to die.

I'll finish out the season for sure. I only watched this because of Katie Cassidy after Season 1 wrapped & binged it. Even at the shows worst; I still tuned in just because I'm a fan of her's. If the quality continues to dip & she's not a regular, I'll drop it. I'll check back in when/if she guest stars; but that's about it.

WedgeX

Banned

I said that when watching Downton Abbey when
Matthew
died and never went back.

I remain undecided about Arrow. I like Ollie and Thea. And am invested in the Arrowverse.

I remain crushed.

Chase17

I actually thought it was one of the better episodes of the season *shrugs*

It's hilarious that her death was used to push Olicity though.

I would've if she died and that whole "Promise me something." Scene didn't happen.

I wanna see where they go from here.

Johndoey

Banned
If she's acts dead this was very poorly done and disrespectful to the character, if she isn't dead it's still not well done but its not as bad.

Effect

I can't believe the damn writers couldn't fucking help themselves. They used her final moments to push the Olicity shit! She couldn't even get a proper death scene that was just about her or her and Oliver. That's the shit that is driving me over the edge right now.

ZeroX03

Banned
If she's acts dead this was very poorly done and disrespectful to the character, if she isn't dead it's still not well done but its not as bad.

If it's actually a fakeout, and instead they kill someone else in one of the last episodes to make good on their word, that would be a ballsy play.

I can't believe the damn writers couldn't fucking help themselves. They used her final moments to push the Olicity shit! She couldn't even get a proper death scene that was just about her or her and Oliver.

Of course they did .
You see this shit all the time .
It's just part of i want my friends \ former lover to be happy BS.

T Dollarz

Pretty much where I'm at is that I'm invested in the arrowverse but hate this show. I still like all the main characters except felicity, but the writing is god awful. I'll at least finish the season, but like... Ugh.

ZeroX03

Banned
‘Arrow’ Bosses and Star Discuss That Shocking Death: ‘We Knew That It Would Enrage a Lot of People’

Guggenheim: Obviously, “Arrow” is always a show that’s evolving. It’s always a show where every character, arguably except for the Arrow, is fair game. We started off this year with the promise of a death, and when we worked our way through our various different creative choices, we realized that the thing that will give us the most pop, going into the end of the season and into next season, unfortunately would be Laurel. By the way, we knew that it would enrage a lot of people. We’re not [blind] to the shipping, and we’re not [blind] to the internet controversy … But we’ve never made decisions on the show, creatively, because of the internet.

One of the things we knew people would think was, “In the season where Oliver and Felicity get engaged and Laurel dies, that’s clearly making a choice about who’s going to end up with who.” And truth be told, we told the Laurel-Oliver romance story in Season 1 … and we never really thought about going back to it. So, the shipping thing was not an element. It was not a factor for us. And we recognize that that upsets a lot of fans, particularly the comic book fans. In the comics, Dinah Lance and Oliver Queen, depending on which version of the character you like, are in a romance together, in various iterations. That, to some people, is considered canonical and iconic, and we respect that. But at the same time, we’ve always made no bones about the fact that we are telling our own version of the Green Arrow mythos.

Quentin has lost Sara twice, only to get her back, and now he’s lost Laurel. Can you talk about how that impacts him?

Blackthorne: From a character point of view… Quentin’s point of view is almost like that of the audience’s going, “What the hell is going on ‘round here?” This year, there’s all the outrageousness with the magic and all this stuff. He can’t really take it on as a reality, but if this is the result of what’s going on, than I have to deal with it. He can’t really accept it, but he has to accept that it is happening. And with these deaths, with Sara’s reprisal through magic and the Lazarus Pit, while it’s all a bit for Quentin to reconcile as something that could truly be happening, it is happening, therefore he’ll deal with it. We started things off with [Sara] being “dead.” So, there’s always been a world of, “Sara’s dead,” and then, “Oh, but she’s back,” and then, “Sara’s dead again,” and then, “Oh, my god, she’s back again,” but it was always based in her being dead, since we began. This death, of course, is just devastating for Lance because this is not the one that was ever supposed to happen. How could this ever be on the books? Personally, I was almost as devastated as Lance, to be honest, with the news of this happening. Katie and I have had such an amazing working relationship that it really is hard to accept that I’m going to be going to work without [her] to work with. That, as an aside, is slightly annoying. But in terms of Quentin, he’s going to have to pick up the pieces, not pick up a bottle, and reconcile what’s left in his life. With that, he’s got the Arrow family. That will be where he’ll have to find his anchor now, from here on in, without his beautiful daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom