• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Man I need it to be Wednesday already. Going through Arrow withdraws. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next after Laurel's death.

oHAre25.gif

Joni

Man I need it to be Wednesday already. Going through Arrow withdraws. I'm excited to see what's going to happen next after Laurel's death.

Indeed. It has been a bit too long. But it will be interesting to see how much of it is funeral versus normal proceedings.

Joni

I don't watch the show but I heard that it's practically a miracle Reign got renewed with the views on it being pretty low. Can't see Barrowman jumping ship from Arrow to that unless he's just a one-off appearance for it.

It is in its third season, very few shows get cancelled if they have 66 episodes already.
It is a CBS show, CW has very very few CBS shows so Crazy Ex, Jane and Reign are a bit safer than they should be.

ZeroX03

Banned
Felicity's back, no more breaks, Mericles do come true!

#4.19 "Canary Cry"
Episode Promo
OLIVER, LANCE AND TEAM DEAL WITH LAUREL’S DEATH – Oliver (Stephen Amell) and the team struggle to come to terms with Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) death, especially Diggle (David Ramsey) who is overwhelmed with guilt for choosing to believe Andy (guest star Eugene Byrd) had changed. Meanwhile, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) refuses to believe his daughter is really gone and asks Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) to help bring her back. A recent Black Canary sighting in Star City only seems to prove his theory that Laurel isn’t actually dead. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz.
dad-and-daughter-arrow-season-4-episode-19.jpg

Joni

Sounds good. Seems the episode will cover a bit of time if there is already a fake Canary lurking around. It is just a tad disappointing we don't get to hear how Felicity is affected, I was promised more Felicity.

Sounds good. Seems the episode will cover a bit of time if there is already a fake Canary lurking around. It is just a tad disappointing we don't get to hear how Felicity is affected, I was promised more Felicity.

What is wrong with you? I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or trolling at this point.

Joni

What is wrong with you? I genuinely can't tell if you're serious or trolling at this point.

For three weeks people have been
promising the mourning would be all about Felicity, citing Mericle and Guggenheim. And now it seems like she is hardly in there. And then you think I'm the one trolling? They have been lying to us.

KonradLaw

I don't understand the promo. It says that
"life that didn't have a chance to live out it's purpose is a life that has been taken from this Earth too soon". But Laurel has fulfilled her life purpose, which was to make sure her death
helps Oliver and Felicity get back together.

I'm confused.

Magwik

Banned
Just a reminder: the writers don't actually know what laurel told Ollie before she died. So don't expect anything until they decide to bring her back

There's a show here in the UK called DC Fancast which has behind the scenes interviews with the cast and crew of the various DC TV shows, Katie Cassidy was interviewed in what seemed to be a couple of episodes before her death and either she's a better actor than I give her credit or she was completely in the dark just weeks before. As someone who wasn't a fan of the character, even I found it depressing to watch as she talked about all the possible storylines she'd like to see.

Penguin

So The Flash spoiler (mostly about timeline)

Where the hell are these two shows in their respective time frame? Like Barry has his powers when he comes visit Oliver after the funeral at the start of the season, but he is currently depowered.

Magwik

Banned

Where the hell are these two shows in their respective time frame? Like Barry has his powers when he comes visit Oliver after the funeral at the start of the season, but he is currently depowered.
Barry obviously travels back in time just to be late for her funeral

KonradLaw

Same reason why Barry never mentioned Supergirl and his trek there lasted few seconds. Because writers are just too lazy to care :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

#ItsAllConnected

I actually have no clue. Probably sometime between getting back from Supergirl (lol) and giving his powers to Zoom. I have to imagine that scene was written just with the idea that Barry was the only character that they knew 100% would be alive, the depowered stuff throws a monkey wrench into that.

So maybe Arrow is a little behind on what's happening with Flash

ZeroX03

Banned
Regarding the timeline, they keep things loose because they can't know exactly where things are scheduled. Don't take a magnifying glass to continuity.

There's a show here in the UK called DC Fancast which has behind the scenes interviews with the cast and crew of the various DC TV shows, Katie Cassidy was interviewed in what seemed to be a couple of episodes before her death and either she's a better actor than I give her credit or she was completely in the dark just weeks before. As someone who wasn't a fan of the character, even I found it depressing to watch as she talked about all the possible storylines she'd like to see.

She found out during the filming of episode 16.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Is there any reason why it couldn't have been before the episode where Barry gives his speed to Zoom?

We'll have to see what happens tonight on Arrow.

Penguin

Is there any reason why it couldn't have been before the episode where Barry gives his speed to Zoom?

We'll have to see what happens tonight on Arrow.

I mean that's a possibility, but why want to know where these episodes line up
And also strange that no one would mention it... especially Cisco since apparently spoke to Felicity to get the material for Barry's suit

KonradLaw

It already happened on Flash. It's just that nobody cared enough about Laurel to mention it.

I mean, come on, it's not like anyone of any importance kicked the bucket. Those are the things that characters talk about off screen at most, while what's recorded on camera is the important stuff.

Funeral will probably be the last scene so they can have Barry show up week after....Then again it's the Arrow writers so they may just ignore that it happened.

She found out during the filming of episode 16.
Man that really just shows that the writers put fuck-all thought into it, since they probably only decided on the death around then. I feel bad for the actress, the news being dumped on her only a few weeks before shooting the episode in which Laurel died.

It may not actually be right after the funeral. In that scene, Ollie is just standing over the grave, so it could just be him visiting the grave at some other time. Not sure why Felicity would be waiting in the car, wearing all black, or why Ollie and Barry are wearing suits, though.

Joni

It may not actually be right after the funeral. In that scene, Ollie is just standing over the grave, so it could just be him visiting the grave at some other time. Not sure why Felicity would be waiting in the car, wearing all black, or why Ollie and Barry are wearing suits, though.
It is after the funeral, that is why Barry says he is late.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Barry missing the funeral scene was filmed last minute as a fun little season teaser. People really stressing over middling timeline things.

The Barry missing the funeral scene was filmed last minute as a fun little season teaser. People really stressing over middling timeline things.
Whenever I think to myself that the writing for this show couldn't possibly be this bad and the writers for sure have a plan, these writers never fail to check my expectations, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom