• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the new age

Oliver technically won all of his later fights due to a handicap
Slade not nerfed with a cure
Ra's was just a little bitch
Malcom still outclasses him even though Malcom bet everything on him in S3
It's best not to think too far into it
Well, he has a party.

ReiGun

If anything, I thought Oliver was too strong in season 3. Sure, Ra's styled on him, but I never felt like he had trouble with anyone else. He somehow was even on equal footing with Malcolm and Nyssa, even though they should be on a whole different level.

GakfHAW.gif
I really hate his helmet. Should be longer and cover up the neckline like magneto. Just looks off this way.

Felicity became shit, the villain is RIDICULOUSLY underused, the midseason finale while awesome is later completly shitted, the ending is anticlimatic and the whole "i am evil" thing makes no sense

It's a good thing he had that penicillin tea and a strong will to live... That was such a bullshit cop out.

Joni

I feel like the actress for Sara is... not so great.
You'll learn to like her. We like her so much she is getting a spin-off.

This is likely the closest we'll ever get to live action Marvel/DC crossover.

From that Halloween party Colton Haynes, Emily Bett Rickards and Chloe Bennet were at.

https://instagram.com/p/9QSnPil38M/
https://instagram.com/p/9QRKiOF35_/
https://instagram.com/p/9QBu7ql305/
Arrowverse always has the better costumes :D

GulAtiCa

It's been available since beginning of this month.

Idk, I still enjoyed season 3, even if I thought it was way weak. But. I ended up re-watching the season back to back last year often (since I buy the episodes on Amazon after they air)

Magwik

Banned
While I didn't enjoy much of S3 myself, I still am not fond of everyone immediately shitting on it whenever someone new stops by the thread. It's inedible discouraging. The season is hit or miss, let them decide for themselves and watch it.

ZeroX03

Banned
#404 "Beyond Redemption"
Episode Trailer
LAUREL DEALS WITH THE AFTERMATH OF NANDA PARBAT — Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must deal with the repercussions of taking Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to Nanda Parbat. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) asks Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) for a favor and while he’s not surprised at the response, he is surprised at what he finds out next. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) take a cooking class together to improve her omelet skills for Oliver's birthday. Lexi Alexander directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski (#405).

vUS08DQ.jpg

That's how you do it Odd One. When it's past midnight everywhere.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Begun the Preview Wars have.

Y'all keep killing me with those omelet lines. One of these days its going to be true.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's not season 2.

You mean the season where Oliver banged the woman who banged his father and signs the company over to her while Slade cries about a woman who's been dead for five years while amassing a fortune and criminal empire under Oliver's nose (yet doesn't once look up Shado's family and realise she has a twin sister he can be beta'd by), while the LOA discover Malcolm is alive and are so dangerous that Malcolm... evades them with ease?

I love Season 2, but the execution is as bad as S3 at points. It works because of momentum, not actuality.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, I think the Arrow fandom overplays how bad Season 3 was. On a per episode basis, it's fine and really isn't too far off from Season 1 or 2. It's the big picture that didn't come together properly.

We got some fun stuff out of Season 3, like the Cupid episode. And don't even tell me we weren't all hyped as fuck during The Climb.

The back half of the season is what gave me a headache, primarily the last 4 or so episodes. It felt like they were recycliy the same twists over and over. Oliver is good, Oliver is bad, we have to help him, we have to hate him. Like how close is Nanda Parbat supposed to be? They fly there from Star City like it's 45 minutes away. Isn't it like on the other side of the planet?

I think what really soured people is they got the buildup right, but screwed the landing so badly. Ra's wasn't that scary, we got 1 Deathstroke episode and it kinda sucked, the explanation for Oliver surviving being stabbed in the chest and falling off a mountain was MORE ridiculous than if he had been put in the Lazarus Pit. The stuff when it came back from holiday break just felt slapped together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom