• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's nice to see this thread is good again. Last year was full of people whining and acting out of character. I'm glad the angst is gone, save for the sporadic terrible flashback.

Pachimari

Zed? I actually thought replacing the woman from the pilot with her was a good decision. The audience surrogate from the first episode of Constantine seemed like way too much of a Mary Sue. The transition to Zed is jarring, but at least Z has some bite to her.

Yeah Zed. Both me and my girlfriend gets super annoyed at her, and laughs because she looks so serious all of the time, and her acting is horrendous.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Sucks being British and missing out on the live responses with you fellow Americans. At least I'll be in LA on the 15th so I can watch the episode on West Coast that time!

Joni

I didn't watch Constantine. Can someone explain why they're doing this crossover? Did Constantine exist within Arrow's universe from the start?
They wanted Constantine before it became a show. It became a show so they couldn't use him but they can get this 'cross-over' now that the show is cancelled. Constantine show is not canon within Arrowverse.

ZeroX03

Banned
They wanted Constantine before it became a show. It became a show so they couldn't use him but they can get this 'cross-over' now that the show is cancelled. Constantine show is not canon within Arrowverse.

That's kind of debatable now.
There's some references and nods to the Constantine show in the Arrow episode.
It can retroactively be made canon I think. Not that any prior knowledge is or will be necessary.

O0ZwAq7.png

Well, if you are going to steal, steal from the best.

anaron

@bearmccreary: My Constantine Theme makes a cameo along with @mattryanreal on #Arrow tonight, courtesy of @cowonthewall! Thanks, Blake! :) #ArrowSoundtrack

YES this is what I was gunning for to happen, yay! I had a feeling Blake would want to use it.

my two favourite leitmotif loving composers <3

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It makes me so mad that Bear's music is ever so rarely respected by the shows he scores. His music for Agents of SHIELD is top tier, but you wouldn't know thanks to the piss poor mixing/editing. For those with a 5.1 setup, try to watch AoS with only the central speaker active. GDLK.

It makes me so mad that Bear's music is ever so rarely respected by the shows he scores. His music for Agents of SHIELD is top tier, but you wouldn't know thanks to the piss poor mixing/editing. For those with a 5.1 setup, try to watch AoS with only the central speaker active. GDLK.

Yes! Why do they mix it so low? There was an amazing piece during last nights episode for example (one of the Mack/Daisy/Hunter sequences), and it should have been front and center.

Volotaire

I've never heard of Constantine or even realized the character was in the DC universe. I might check the series out sometime in the future.

Penguin

I knew who he was but I didn't know he was in DC.

It's one of those weird comic/legal things

I mean a lot of people don't consider Marvel and DC's imprints to be part of their proper universe, though Constantine has been a mainstay in DC proper for years

http://www.thewrap.com/arrow-ep-tea...and-season-premiere-death-shocker-resolution/

Good interview w/ Wendy Mericle on Constantine. There's a lot there, but this is what everyone wants to know:

Obviously I have to ask if we&#8217;ll see more of him, whether returning to &#8220;Arrow&#8221; or even on his own series again.

Obviously so many fans would love to see him come back [on his own show]. That&#8217;s not something we can do. We&#8217;d love to have him back. Right now it&#8217;s just this one episode this season, but you never know what the future&#8217;s going to hold. This is what we have for right now, and we feel very lucky with that.

Fuck NBC.

Joni

That's kind of debatable now.
There's some references and nods to the Constantine show in the Arrow episode.
It can retroactively be made canon I think. Not that any prior knowledge is or will be necessary.
In that case, could Oliver take on Manny? Otherwise we might lose our universe to the darkness.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Can't wait, last time I looked forward to an Arrow episode so much was the Barry Allen two-parter on Season 2.

GulAtiCa

We should start a campaign to get Netflix to do a season 2 of Constantine.

CW would be the perfect place for it.. But, too similar to Supernatural in a lot of ways. So might be a bad idea there. So Netflix could work out.

Also 8 minutes! I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom