• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow Season 4 |OT| A Tale of Salt and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it wasn't ever planned that way. When Constantine was in danger of being cancelled. Amell said that if the show got a 2nd season, he would do whatever he could to appear as Green Arrow on it. When NBC pulled the plug, things sort of shifted the other way & people started lobbying for Ryan to appear as Constantine on Arrow. After no other network picked up the show; they struck a deal for Constantine to appear.

In a nutshell, it was basically outcry from people that loved Ryan's portrayal that got him on the show. Plus, Amell, among others, likely pulling some strings to make it happen.

Wouldn't it be great if his appearance does the show so much good, CW decide to take on Constantine and do a second season.

Wouldn't it be great if his appearance does the show so much good, CW decide to take on Constantine and do a second season.

It'd be really fun to see more of him. Even if it was as a supporting role on Legends of Tomorrow or just more appearances on Arrow/Flash. CW is sort of stuck with only having limited hours of TV to produce. Hell, even some sort of 6 episode mini-series during the Arrow mid-season break would be great.

Platy

Some mods are probably looking at this thread like

bGLlUNj.gif

Brilliant update.

Legends of Tomorrow might be the most likely place to use Constantine, CW isn't going to give him his own show, especially not any time soon since Supernatural exists.

ZeroX03

Banned
Brilliant update.

Legends of Tomorrow might be the most likely place to use Constantine, CW isn't going to give him his own show, especially not any time soon since Supernatural exists.

Yeah, I don't see an actual Constantine season two happening on any network. And frankly that show - how it was on NBC - is probably not worth saving. Matt Ryan as Constantine is what's worth saving, and Legends is the best place for that. There's plenty of mystical DC/Vertigo stuff that they'll never touch. Not to mention he's a completely different type of leading man from Oliver and Barry.

A totally revamped Constantine replacing Supernatural could be great, but it doesn't look Supernatural is going anywhere anytime soon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, I don't see Constantine Season 2 happening either.

Now, Hellblazer Season 1, oh yeah.

Zero has lost control of the OP.

Hype rising for tomorrow
Brilliant update.

Would be down for this. already really looking forward to legends

Volimar

Yeah, I don't see an actual Constantine season two happening on any network. And frankly that show - how it was on NBC - is probably not worth saving. Matt Ryan as Constantine is what's worth saving, and Legends is the best place for that. There's plenty of mystical DC/Vertigo stuff that they'll never touch. Not to mention he's a completely different type of leading man from Oliver and Barry.

A totally revamped Constantine replacing Supernatural could be great, but it doesn't look Supernatural is going anywhere anytime soon.

Would he be okay as a recurring lesser role rather than the headliner on his own show?

ZeroX03

Banned
Would he be okay as a recurring lesser role rather than the headliner on his own show?

I can't speak for Matt Ryan. The guy loves playing the character and for good reason though.

If he were to get a season of Legends it would very likely be Justice League Dark/Shadowpact style and he'd probably be the Rip Hunter-esque leader of the team.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tonight's the night!

Episode #405 "HAUNTED"
Extended Promo
MATT RYAN REPRISES HIS ROLE AS JOHN CONSTANTINE ON ARROW — When things take a turn for the worse with Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) omelets on the eve of Oliver's (Stephen Amell) birthday, Felicity calls in a favor from an old friend who deals in the mystical culinary arts, John Constantine (guest star Matt Ryan). John Badham directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#404). Original airdate 11/4/2015.

ar404b-0050b-157198.jpg

DeathyBoy

Banned
I can't speak for Matt Ryan. The guy loves playing the character and for good reason though.

If he were to get a season of Legends it would very likely be Justice League Dark/Shadowpact style and he'd probably be the Rip Hunter-esque leader of the team.

Simple solution, just say Supernatural is part of the Arrow-verse and have Constantine show up on that. He'd fit right in with the material.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member

Hype to the max!!

EDIT: DC Gaf you better convince your friends or whoever to watch tonight's arrow episode. I want to see good ratings to make the top people up at CW have fun thoughts with doing more with John!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Huh, apparently a rough cut of the episode was leaked online.

Not gonna watch it though,I want the real deal :D

Yeah, the episode leaked last week. I'm still watching it on Hulu tomorrow, per usual. I think it was intentional since I've never heard of any other episodes of Arrow leaking before they air. I 👀 you, CW.

Penguin

The Constantine show was ok but Constantine himself was great so I'm hyped for this episode.

Yeah that's kind of where I fell with season 1

Loved the characters, didn't much care for their week-to-week adventures so glad if nothing else, Ryan's Constantine, comes back for an episode or recurring gig.

Pachimari

I have still to watch the last 4 episode of the Constantine show. I want to like it, but it's tough to get through. I hate the girl in it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I have still to watch the last 4 episode of the Constantine show. I want to like it, but it's tough to get through. I hate the girl in it.

Zed? I actually thought replacing the woman from the pilot with her was a good decision. The audience surrogate from the first episode of Constantine seemed like way too much of a Mary Sue. The transition to Zed is jarring, but at least Z has some bite to her.

Grizzlyjin

EP 5 SPOILERS:
He actually performs a tattoo removal in the episode.

Episode 5 Spoilers:

That moment reminded me of the good old days where they tried to explain how Oliver had a certain tattoo or knew Russian. I do wonder what that thing actually does though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom