• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

(Chorus)
Weigh-hay and up she rises
Earlay in the morning!

What will we do with a drunken sailor,
What will we do with a drunken sailor.
Earlay in the morning?

(Chorus)

Put 'em in the scuppers with a hose pipe on him,
Earlay in the morning!

(Chorus)

Put him in the brig until he's sober,
Put him in the brig until he’s sober,
Earlay in the morning!

(Chorus)

Definitely one of my top three shanties!

zlatko

Banned
Throwing out my PSN ID for PS4 again.

OutlawOcelot

Please add me. I also do a bit of online MP here and there, and if you catch me on we can tackle online dummies together. :)

zlatko

Banned
I was going to post this on main GAF, but I thought I'd share with you guys first.

If you want a free copy of the AC4 season pass for either PS4 or Xbone and you have 100 uPlay points, go here:
http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/events/next-gen/gifts

It should still be available. Good luck!

Aw shucks I really do, but I do not have 100 Uplay points. I pissed them all on AC4 stuff the second I got the game.

Anyone here have extra 100uplay points that they'd want to snag a season pass for me for? I would forever worship you on GAF. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You've got a week to get more points. You can register all your accounts/devices on uPlay to help bump you up (iOS/Android/PS4/Xbone/WiiU/Facebook/PC).

kizmah

Can I remove this last bit of HUD from the tv on Wii U?
MsFV9Ht.jpg

zlatko

Banned
You've got a week to get more points. You can register all your accounts/devices on uPlay to help bump you up (iOS/Android/PS4/Xbone/WiiU/Facebook/PC).

I'm just now linking up the fbook and xbox live tag. Is the PC one different like a steam ID ? I can get android linked too, but I still won't hit 100 unfortunately. :(

Edit:

Yup only have 20 points total after linking what I could.

Blah. I wish I had known this was coming I would've saved the 100 some I had before burning it all on crap items in game.

I've been loving this game but hating the need to upgrade the jackdaw to seemingly insane levels.

I don't know how many ships I've boarded now, but its a truly obscene number. I'm talking a fuckton of ships here. Whole navies easily. And while its been fun the first several dozen times, it does get old if I find myself doing a dozen boardings with each session.

So it was with some surprise that my next mission starts with a warning to upgrade the Jackdaw when I get close.

Its honestly put up a brick wall and sapped my will to continue.

Its the first mainline mission after you get the diving bell and gather some materials from the sea floor. Anybody know just what specifically I need to upgrade? I already have improvements across the board so the next level up for some of these upgrades would be a *huge* grind, and honestly I just want a return to comfy pirate and stealth action, and less "board 50 ships to continue".

zlatko

Banned
I've been loving this game but hating the need to upgrade the jackdaw to seemingly insane levels.

I don't know how many ships I've boarded now, but its a truly obscene number. I'm talking a fuckton of ships here. Whole navies easily. And while its been fun the first several dozen times, it does get old if I find myself doing a dozen boardings with each session.

So it was with some surprise that my next mission starts with a warning to upgrade the Jackdaw when I get close.

Its the first mainline mission after you get the diving bell and gather some materials from the sea floor. Anybody know just what specifically I need to upgrade? I already have improvements across the board so the next level up for some of these upgrades would be a *huge* grind, and honestly I just want a return to comfy pirate and stealth action, and less "board 50 ships to continue".

If I read here correctly you can side step this kind of monkey business simply by getting the AC4 black flag phone app, and doing kenway fleet missions. You can earn an insane amount of money and do the upgrades really fast this route.

I'm not sure though if it provides materials as well as I have yet to do any myself as I am not far enough into the SP portion of the game to do Kenway Fleet on my phone. :/

If I read here correctly you can side step this kind of monkey business simply by getting the AC4 black flag phone app, and doing kenway fleet missions.
That really doesn't feel like a way to sidestep monkey business as much as a different kind of monkey business to sink knee deep into. But thanks for the tip anyway :)

I did the in-game Kenway fleet stuff for a bit. I've sent more ships into that fleet, and salvaged even more of them than I can count for diamonds.

But man, I just don't need another repetitive busywork grind to cockblock the mainline missions.

zlatko

Banned
That really doesn't feel like a way to sidestep monkey business as much as a different kind of monkey business to sink knee deep into. But thanks for the tip anyway :)

I did the in-game Kenway fleet stuff for a bit. I've sent more ships into that fleet, and salvaged even more of them than I can count for diamonds.

But man, I just don't need another repetitive busywork grind to cockblock the mainline missions.

Yeah it is another type of monkey business.

However, if you have a light job in the real world, then you doing the Kenway fleet stuff while going through your work day on the phone can be less of a chore to some extent.

I hope I don't hit that iron curtain myself as I progress... I would get frustrated too. :/

I suggest going for the mission despite what the game says, you might find that its not as challenging as the game makes out. If it ends up being harder than you can handle you can always back out of the memory and try again after upgrading.

I did a bunch of the game and ignored those messages and am fine. I hope I don't get screwed over eventually because I will have a lot of catching up to do. I just find the plundering ships for materials thing way too tedious.

So I can still buy the PS3 version and upgrade it? There are a few copies that are cheaper than buying the PS4 version outright, IIRC....

Dat Freedom Cry music. Wow. Adewale might be the most badass assassin in the series, really wish this had been longer.

More or less finished every achievement in AC4 save the multiplayer ones. This game felt like a return to form but I really missed recruiting assassins. My ranking...

Brotherhood>AC2>AC4>Revelations>>>>>>>>AC1>AC3

Goddamn I hate multiplier achievements. All I need is the level 55 one and the one where you use all abilities, but I can't stand playing Wolfpack over and over and over and over...grrrrr. The completionist in me won't let me play a new game or download Freedom Cry until I get those two.

Carbonox

Goddamn I hate multiplier achievements. All I need is the level 55 one and the one where you use all abilities, but I can't stand playing Wolfpack over and over and over and over...grrrrr. The completionist in me won't let me play a new game or download Freedom Cry until I get those two.

Yeah it's so mind-numbing.

For me I just have to finish the last 6 sessions' worth of 100% syncs in single player, then I have all the achievements finally and can move on to Freedom Cry.

I finished it today and have mixed feelings. I think AC fatigue has kicked in after 4 years of back to back sequels. I really want them to slow down with these games, they are still good but I just cant help but imagine how amazing a game with 3 years dedicated to it would be.

I hope they move away from the Pirate/ Naval stuff in Assassins Creed but splinter that into its own series. They did some cool stuff with it but for me personally the naval combat is a bit too repetitive to want another whole game with it.

I also feel like there is almost too much unnecessary/ unfun side stuff. A smaller more focused assassins creed with AC2 style secrets would appeal to me more. Quality over Quantity is what I would prefer.

I also really did not like Edward all that much which is a shame.

If you can't stand it, why would you spend your time doing it?
Why not give the competitive modes a try, some of them are fantastic. Wanted mode is one of my favorite MP games ever, I leveled up to 55 just playing that
while also having a ton of fun

Finding out there are multiplayer timesink trophies has pissed me right off, wanted to Platinum this.

Why can't everyone just do it like Uncharted? An encouragement to try the MP, and you carry on playing if it grabs you. Balls to doing an RDR and wasting hours of my life for one trophy.

Or even have seperate trophy segments for SP and MP so you can Platinum one or both

Nemesis_

Finding out there are multiplayer timesink trophies has pissed me right off, wanted to Platinum this.

Why can't everyone just do it like Uncharted? An encouragement to try the MP, and you carry on playing if it grabs you. Balls to doing an RDR and wasting hours of my life for one trophy.

Or even have seperate trophy segments for SP and MP so you can Platinum one or both

Which one are you referring too? I find it incredibly easy to level up if I play Wolfpack with a group of decent people.

Level 55 sounds daunting but it's actually not that terrible. I like the muliplayer too though, so that certainly helps.

Montresor

I'm at the beginning of AC4 Black Flag and LOVING it!!!

1) Do I ever need rum or sugar for any upgrades? The game keeps telling me I can sell it for money but I don't want to mistakenly sell anything that could contribute to an upgrade.

2) Any tips to make my life easier for the Fully Upgrade The Jackdaw achievement? I would love to completely ignore the Kenway Fleet mini-game (bleeegh).

Ambitious

(Chorus)
Earlay in the morning!

What will we do with a drunken sailor.
Earlay in the morning?

(Chorus)

Earlay in the morning!

(Chorus)

Put him in the brig until he’s sober,
Earlay in the morning!

(Chorus)

Definitely one of my top three shanties!

*boards Jackdaw*
Not the drunken sailor.. next!

Every single time.
And then I arrive at the destination or am being attacked when they finally start singing it, causing them to stop.

SJRB

Gold Member
For anyone who has played the PS3 version, How is it? I don't have a PS4 yet sadly.

I played it a ton before the PS4 came out and I switched, it's perfectly fine to be honest. Completely v-synched too, so no more screentearing. Game looks good.

Toa TAK

Banned
Of course. Great game and they got rid of the stupid MP for the HD release. Too bad it only has 400 gamerscore on the 360.

They got rid of multiplayer? That's great!

As for the gamerscore, that's not biggie, since none of them are multiplayer.

I played it a ton before the PS4 came out and I switched, it's perfectly fine to be honest. Completely v-synched too, so no more screentearing. Game looks good.

Thank you, pretty excited to get my hands on it now. Plus these pirate sea shanties are amazing.

You know.... I kind of hope they ditch the modern day stuff soon. Not because its bad but because they keep having enough interesting / weird shit in the modern day in these games that I hope they make that completely modern day AC game that I know that will never happen.

I still wonder if that was ever part of the plan during the early days when it looked like they had this grand story arch planned.

Bebpo

Banned
Almost done completing everything. Just have Kingston left, buried treasures and the legendary ships, the rest of the world's 100%

But I figured since there's no Mayan statues in Kingston that I must have all of the Mayan stones since everywhere else is gold 100%? But when I went to get the outfit it said I only have 13/16 stones.

Where would the last 3 be? I'm at the start of chapter 8 in the story. Do some of the remaining buried treasures that I need to find (from the treasure maps) contain Mayan stones? Or do you get 3 more from the story in Ch.8-13?

webkatt

Quick question, How do you pull up the menu that is a checklist of a particualr location?

For Example 1/1 Shanties
15/15 Chests
2/2 Secrets
etc

I could have sworn it was clicking the right stick but it isn't working for me.

Also I need some PSN friends for the Fleet mini game

Add me!
PSN: webkatt

Lima

Quick question, How do you pull up the menu that is a checklist of a particualr location?

For Example 1/1 Shanties
15/15 Chests
2/2 Secrets
etc

I could have sworn it was clicking the right stick but it isn't working for me.

Also I need some PSN friends for the Fleet mini game

Add me!
PSN: webkatt

R1

Is there any way of "forcing" a white whale to spawn? Apart from getting to level 55 in multiplayer (ugh...) it's the only trophy I'm still missing.

In the meanwhile, feel free to add me if you need any help with Kenway's Fleet.

PSN ID: hugomf

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what's a good way to collect metal? i'm planning on beating the forts & legendary ships but i'll need the jackdaw at near-top strength for it...

so glad i'm not like this. sounds awful.

Carbonox

So is anyone else going to pick up Liberation Wednesday when it comes out?

I will be. I'm starting Freedom Cry today, will 100% that and then hit up Liberation HD when it comes out. Somewhat looking forward to it. Plus it's like 12 quid (on UK PSN store), that's a bargain.

Basically I just need shit to keep me occupied until games start coming out next month. :lol

Raptor

Whats the deal with the treasures locations?

I have to look to one with this coordinates: 606,835 or something, the issue here is that that location is on the damn water in the sea lols.

The map shows a little island with 4 palm trees and a Ship tail, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Do I have to look around the location everywhere?

Love this game a lot, I put 12 hours straight and Im only 27% lol.

HerrPalomar

Neo Member
Hi guys! I just started the game and I am loving it :). I just have a quick question: What does the Flame/Exclamation Point/Crosshair on the enemy ship life bar represent? Their attack mode?

sangreal

Whats the deal with the treasures locations?

I have to look to one with this coordinates: 606,835 or something, the issue here is that that location is on the damn water in the sea lols.

The map shows a little island with 4 palm trees and a Ship tail, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Do I have to look around the location everywhere?

Love this game a lot, I put 12 hours straight and Im only 27% lol.

iirc, the coords just give the location of the island, from there you have to find the actual location of the treasure based on the picture

Top Bottom