• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag |OT| Not Based on a DisneyLand Ride

It should be Version 1.02

1.01 was the 1080p patch.
1.02 was a patch about something else that I forgot.

It should look crisp and sharp, almost no jaggies, hell if I want to see a jaggie I have to really look hard for it.

Thanks, I'll check it when I get home. I only noticed some 1MB patch (IIRC).. so I didn't think that was it.

Wrayfield

95% on the PS4 version and I think I am done..

Fuck these mission constraints and fuck the platinum trophy.

This is my favorite launch PS4 game out of the 6 that I purchased - AC IV, NBA 2k14, injustice, NFS Rivals, CoD ghosts and BF4.

This was also my first Assassins Creed game. I enjoyed it so much, I picked up III on the PS3 last night and going to jump right in. I know, I know, its not that good, I've read everyone's preferred order of the series, but for 16 bucks I'll give it a shot.

My big complaints for ACIV are that there are too many...FAR too goddamn many eavesdrop/tailing scenarios. Is this a staple of the series? Am I getting into more of this with AC III? The other thing that bugged me was that you get the rope dart far too late in the game. I never got used to it, and by the point you get it, I already had built my muscle memory on how to take down any foes with the tools I already had. The rope dart felt tacked on. It wasn't integral to any scenario unless you wanted to complete Abstergo challenges, whereas sleep darts, berserk darts were necessary in some situations.

Gonna take a little break before I jump back in and play Aveline and Freedom Cry. I loved ACIV, but feel a little burnt out after doing a collect-a-thon for the last week.

Not sure if I remember correctly, but in terms of eavesdropping I think they increased from iteration to iteration. Absolutely agree they're too many. Finished it on PC a week ago, can't be bothered with collecting everything.

Having played all AC games (except Vita, not sure if there are additional story lines there), I'm at a point where the background storyline is just a drag. I'm not even sure what's going on anymore. I wonder how it was for someone who jumped in with IV as the first game. Must be confusing as hell.

Double D

So last night I finally collected all the chests and animus fragments. I started to go back through the sequences to try to 100%. After about 20 minutes I made the decision that I won't be pursuing that any longer. I still need one more treasure map that I guess I have to find via Kenway's Fleet, so I'll get that and I'm done with the main game.

About the DLC, is there more planned SP content? Just wondering if I should pick up Freedom Cry on it's own or get the season pass.

So last night I finally collected all the chests and animus fragments. I started to go back through the sequences to try to 100%. After about 20 minutes I made the decision that I won't be pursuing that any longer. I still need one more treasure map that I guess I have to find via Kenway's Fleet, so I'll get that and I'm done with the main game.

About the DLC, is there more planned SP content? Just wondering if I should pick up Freedom Cry on it's own or get the season pass.

I think they announced DLC for a one of the chick Pirate Assassins. Maybe I was just seeing things tho.

It should be Version 1.02

1.01 was the 1080p patch.
1.02 was a patch about something else that I forgot.

It should look crisp and sharp, almost no jaggies, hell if I want to see a jaggie I have to really look hard for it.

Yeah, looks wayyyy better now. Guess the patch didn't take initially. Game looks great.

someday

Banned
Not sure if I remember correctly, but in terms of eavesdropping I think they increased from iteration to iteration. Absolutely agree they're too many. Finished it on PC a week ago, can't be bothered with collecting everything.

Having played all AC games (except Vita, not sure if there are additional story lines there), I'm at a point where the background storyline is just a drag. I'm not even sure what's going on anymore. I wonder how it was for someone who jumped in with IV as the first game. Must be confusing as hell.
This is my first AC game. I was confused as hell at first but I just gave up trying to understand everything and enjoy it a lot. I watched my brother play it (mostly multiplayer) and he explained some of the mechanics too. I'm having a blast but I'm nervous about jumping into multiplayer. I think I'll get slaughtered.

So Assassins Creed Black Flag just took a nose dive in FPS while fighting 2 Man of Wars and 1 Frigate and Brig in stormy weather,it was all smooth until I boarded the level 60 Man of War.

It went back to normal later, however I had to reset the game to get it back to the smooth locked 30FPS I remember.

I hope its not my PS4 as I did see a split second blue screen and then the game went back to normal with the FPS dip.

Anyone else notice any FPS dips even if it was very rare? I'm loving this game I hope a sequel is in plans as there is a lot they can do to fix and add to it.

Vizzeh

Banned
AC4 has been a great addition in the franchise, im not sure where abouts they are going to move forward with their direction, since there have been rumours of pirate spin-offs.

As much as I enjoyed AC4 with the pirate theme and would likely try its spin-off, I missed the assassins theme, I feel like Edward didnt really earn his assassin style abilities or fighting technique (although it was mentioned in the narrative that he didnt earn his assassin outfit anyway)

I wonder going forward will they create

1) Another Assassin/Pirate combination spin off (Hopefully more focus in either or)
2) A pirate Spin off
3) A full on back on track Assassin game

I would play all 3, I kinda miss the "Bad-ass" slick assassin elements, where you felt the character earned his stature and more about the Orders (Assassin or templar).

The various other potential AC settings interest me, Japan/Egypt/Victorian London etc

Nearly got my AC4 plat: Just need to get to lvl55 multi

deim0s

So I picked up the game on PS3 and obviously there's a title update to 1.03. For some reason, it errors in downloading around the 18-20% mark every time.

Are there game breaking bugs on 1.0?

First ubisoft game in years... And first asscreed game. :/

Jeramii

Banned
I am struggling to find a solution. But how on earth do I get the black flag companion app to work. Uplay logs in just fine on the app. But on the ps4 it always says can not connect to uplay. My patience for uplay is running out. :/

Edit: had to login and start the game on my fiancée'account. Apparently you have to have less than 100 friends. You think they'd have fixed that shit by now. I'm very disappointed about that. I won't be buying watch dogs on ps4 due to lack of support after all this time.

Epcott

The Siege of Charles-Towne mission is seriously pissing me off.

Mission Spoiler!
You chase a captain through the camp in the rain, and it feels almost scripted (things go boom around you), while you attempt to catch up to him and kill him. I'm getting flashbacks of AC3's final mission,because things just happen to pop up in your way to impede your chase.

The only reason I want to beat this mission is not to progress the story, but to give a big fat 1-0 star rating, my middle finger to Ubi that this shit is not fun at all. As a fan since day one, these Michael Bay chases (and easedrop missions) are the bane of AC.

Finished the game. These last few ACs have had weird, underwhelming endings (which I suppose match their lame stories). I hope there's at least something cool after the credits. Already saw the
theater scene

The Siege of Charles-Towne mission is seriously pissing me off.

Mission Spoiler!
You chase a captain through the camp in the rain, and it feels almost scripted (things go boom around you), while you attempt to catch up to him and kill him. I'm getting flashbacks of AC3's final mission,because things just happen to pop up in your way to impede your chase.

The only reason I want to beat this mission is not to progress the story, but to give a big fat 1-0 star rating, my middle finger to Ubi that this shit is not fun at all. As a fan since day one, these Michael Bay chases (and easedrop missions) are the bane of AC.

Yeah, I hated that chase. I think I shot my way through when I couldn't get pass otherwise, ignored the secondary objectives (because they force you to a totally linear patch) and shot the guy I was chasing when I got close enough.

Raptor

The community challenge is to take out Man o' war ships.

The thing is that I can't, my ship ain't that powerfull yet, so I have to upgrade it and go and take not one but two for fucks sakes!!

O_O

The damn reward better be worthy.

The thing is that I can't, my ship ain't that powerfull yet, so I have to upgrade it and go and take not one but two for fucks sakes!!

O_O

Keep your distance, don't stay still, and don't get too close and parallel, otherwise you'll get destroyed by their Heavy cannons. Half the battle won :p

Where do you find a Man O' War with 80 cargo space?

someday

Banned
It seems like you have to take down Man O' Wars to upgrade your ship too. They are the only ships I've seen that consistently have a lot of metal, and you need a ton of metal to upgrade. But the above poster was right. Go fast, don't get parallel to them, and shoot as often as possible.

I've noticed lately that I don't have the option to rate things. I've been doing a lot of side missions (assassinations, key missions, etc) so maybe that's why but it seemed before like I could rate everything earlier.

Lucid07

Fuck whats so hard to understand about wolfpack mode? People are just running in and killing straight away and ruining it, I only need to get to 55 and im done with multiplayer. Fuck multiplayer trophies.

O_O

I bagged 3 MOWs (I know because it popped one of those Abstergo Challenges) while it was ongoing but it still registered my contribution as 0/2 and then said the challenge had expired and I was SOL. :\ I'm sure there'll be plenty of other community challenges but I wish the stats would just register properly.

Wrayfield

It seems like you have to take down Man O' Wars to upgrade your ship too. They are the only ships I've seen that consistently have a lot of metal, and you need a ton of metal to upgrade. But the above poster was right. Go fast, don't get parallel to them, and shoot as often as possible.

I've noticed lately that I don't have the option to rate things. I've been doing a lot of side missions (assassinations, key missions, etc) so maybe that's why but it seemed before like I could rate everything earlier.

I remember taking on two fairly early in the game. I conquered one of the more difficult forts (by chance more than anythinig), and when it was mine, it supported me while I steered back and forth and waited until they were ready to board.

Raptor

I bagged 3 MOWs (I know because it popped one of those Abstergo Challenges) while it was ongoing but it still registered my contribution as 0/2 and then said the challenge had expired and I was SOL. :\ I'm sure there'll be plenty of other community challenges but I wish the stats would just register properly.

Yeah Im SOL too since I didn't even take one out lol.

Anyone have a royal convoy in their game right now? I've sailed around the world 6 times now and haven't seen it. It's the last one I need for that sharing is caring trophy

Just finished the main game last night, with 64% completion. Um did I miss something or does the game's story just sort of end fairly abruptly? Perhaps it was playing with a gap of a few nights and the session last night was start session and roll on the ending cinematic.

Love the game and I'm ready to take on the rest of mayan/templar missions and legendary ships. I basically did the bare minimum of Astergo future bits, didn't like it at all. Anything else I should consider doing? I'm not big on achievos for reference.

Montresor

Any chance any future DLCs get achievements/trophies? I just finished off all the achievements in this game and I would like to trade it in or sell it.

Lima

Any chance any future DLCs get achievements/trophies? I just finished off all the achievements in this game and I would like to trade it in or sell it.

There is one more MP DLC coming, included in the season pass. So yeah there will most likely be more achievements.

Just finished the main game last night, with 64% completion. Um did I miss something or does the game's story just sort of end fairly abruptly? Perhaps it was playing with a gap of a few nights and the session last night was start session and roll on the ending cinematic.

Love the game and I'm ready to take on the rest of mayan/templar missions and legendary ships. I basically did the bare minimum of Astergo future bits, didn't like it at all. Anything else I should consider doing? I'm not big on achievos for reference.

Sounds like every other Assassin's Creed game!

Lima

Sounds like every other Assassin's Creed game!

Yup.

Just think of it. Did you notice that the story jumps forward several times during the game? No? Well you are not alone because no one gives a fuck. One big mess, just like ACIII. I always laugh when people tell me how much better IV is.

Still a very good game that I finished twice to 100%.

Yup.

Just think of it. Did you notice that the story jumps forward several times during the game? No? Well you are not alone because no one gives a fuck. One big mess, just like ACIII. I always laugh when people tell me how much better IV is.

Still a very good game that I finished twice to 100%.

I mean compared to ACIII it is a lot better. Even if its still a mess.

Montresor

There is one more MP DLC coming, included in the season pass. So yeah there will most likely be more achievements.

Hopefully the DLC and achievements are Wolfpack-related. Good christ I absolutely loved playing that mode over and over last weekend getting double exp.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In terms of the time, it really felt like they were trying to recapture the Ezio trilogy but dumped it all into one game.

The Freedom Cry DLC has a similar problem, where it's never really clear how much time has passed between missions.

Raptor

Plunged a Man o' War HMS Dragon last night and I didn't even knew it was one, untill I had it side by side with the Jackdaw that I realize its size.

Just look at the Jackdaw for comparison:

1654086_10203016782443276_929135076_n.jpg

Sent that beast to my fleet :D

Raptor

No.

He thinks he needs friends to find the social events.

The white whale, social chest and social royal convoy.

Except you don't.

Oh that, I think I got a trophie for sharing a Social Treasure Chest or something of that nature, White whale, Royal Convoy sharing doesn't give you anything right?

The Community Challenge now is to take a Warehouse, already did mine :)

Some pistols for reward I think.

mstevens

It seems like this is the type of game that gets better the more you play it. I'm really starting to love it now.

Odd question for you guys. I'm just starting sequence 6.. how much harder does the game get? I'm going for the platinum and none of the optional objectives have been too hard so far, but I'm kind of anticipating a giant difficulty spike. I'm mostly curious about main missions and some naval combat stuff like capturing forts and legendary ships. Those seem to be the only "skill" based trophies. For reference, I just captured a fort with 9 defensive objectives and my Jackdaw is a little less than 50% upgraded.

It seems like this is the type of game that gets better the more you play it. I'm really starting to love it now.

Odd question for you guys. I'm just starting sequence 6.. how much harder does the game get? I'm going for the platinum and none of the optional objectives have been too hard so far, but I'm kind of anticipating a giant difficulty spike. I'm mostly curious about main missions and some naval combat stuff like capturing forts and legendary ships. Those seem to be the only "skill" based trophies. For reference, I just captured a fort with 9 defensive objectives and my Jackdaw is a little less than 50% upgraded.

If you're not into MP (Like me) you'll never get platinum.

Top Bottom