• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

zam

Seda said:
MTV Multiplayer Positive

-Updated List- (for new page)

Eurogamer: 10/10
Destructoid 9.5/10
1up: A-
Gametrailers: 9.0/10
Joystiq: 4.5/5
GameInformer: 9.25/10
Gamesreactor (Denmark): 9/10
Gamesreactor (Germany): 9/10
Gamesreactor (Sweden): 8/10
Gamer365 (Hungary): 9/10
Gamespot (includes video and written review): 8.5/10
IGN 8/10
Gamersyde: Extremely positive
Kotaku: Extremely positive
MTV Multiplayer Positive
Tiny nitpick but it's "gamereactor" not "gamesreactor" :p
yes i know, but i said it was a tiny one :D

Ledsen

VibratingDonkey said:
Getting this for Stuntman Ignition and Alone in the Dark. Those games are worth next to nothing these days, except for in my Gamestop account, where they're worth one new game for as long as Gamestop is running these offers. Not like I planned on it, but I'm basically using Gamestop as a bank.

Anyway, sounds like like the value of this game is quite a bit more than what I'm giving for it. Although I don't know if Ubi can continue getting away with annual sequels.

Neither of those games are accepted as trade-ins unfortunately, they're on this list:

http://www.gamestop.se/exclusions.asp

Or did you actually trade them in for a game long ago and never picked it up? Personally I traded in Darksiders and Borderlands.

DenogginizerOS said:
I finished AC. Never played AC2. But now I am interested in AC2Bro. Perhaps I will play AC2 now. Sounds awesome.

AssBro, dear sir.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Has anybody managed to get their Project Legacy synced with their Brotherhood? I can't figure it out for the life of me. =/

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ZealousD said:
Has anybody managed to get their Project Legacy synced with their Brotherhood? I can't figure it out for the life of me. =/
Have you linked it to your Uplay account? Click on Training or Contract on the left hand menu.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Killthee said:
Have you linked it to your Uplay account? Click on Training or Contract on the left hand menu.

Ah, I got it. That wasn't it, I had everything linked. But I had to download the update for it to work.

DrBo42

McBacon said:
"They should have pluralized the title this time around"

Assassins's Creeds: Brothers's Hoods? Someone help me out here.

Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood

41rmzckfpsl_ss500_.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The thread title is hilarious. Anyway do you get penalized for buying the game used? Like the shit EA is doing with the online activation codes and vip codes for games like Madden, NCAA, FIFA and BF BC 2?

Ranger X

jett said:
Man Lens of Truth is useless. The framerate in PS3 AssBro is as awful or worse than AC2.

I wouldn't be surprised. People that mistake a contrast difference for a shadow engine difference and also an anti-alias for a texture resolution problem doesn't inspire any confidence. This is just for the views, total bullshit website if you ask me.
It's just because those extreme comparison are ala mode.

jett said:
Man Lens of Truth is useless. The framerate in PS3 AssBro is as awful or worse than AC2.

Are you already playing?. Seriously worse than AC2?. They said this time it had a specific team for the PS3 version... Ubisoft...

dwebo

Jesus the intro / background video is the worst compressed thing I've seen in awhile. And it tears :lol

Good job using that blu-ray space, Ubi.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Any tips for the chain assassinations? It says while assassinating the first person to hold the left stick towards the next person and hit X. I can't get it to work. In the very first battle it worked fine, but now (just got to Rome) it doesn't.

jett

D-Member
amstradcpc said:
Are you already playing?. Seriously worse than AC2?. They said this time it had a specific team for the PS3 version... Ubisoft...

Seems to stutter more now that I've made it to Rome. It's probably about the same as AC2. Definitely not better. The image quality seems to be worse too. It has the blurry look of QAA but a lot edges are jagged, especially when SSAO is "on".

fernoca

Got it and gave me a comic too, which was unexpected! :)
So far, I'm loving it!! Was so excited during the introductory parts, felt like a small kid waiting for Christmas! :lol

EDIT: And Desmond has a tattoo now! Ignored this! Similar to the actor/model he was based on (Francisco Randez), who also has a sleeve tattoo on his left arm.

jett said:
Seems to stutter more now that I've made it to Rome. It's probably about the same as AC2. Definitely not better. The image quality seems to be worse too. It has the blurry look of QAA but a lot edges are jagged, especially when SSAO is "on".

Can anyone chime in on this one.
I need more impressions of ps3 users so I can weigh inn the pross of a bigger friendslist to te cons of worse perfomance.

It bothered me in the previous installments, which I bought for the ps3 because I preferred the controller,
but at this point I've grown to comfort with the 360 controller as well, so only the online component remains.

McLovin

I really wanted this but being a ps3 owner COD and GT5 are top priority. I'll probably get this next month though. Without spoiling it does anyone know if the twist at the end of the game is as insane as AC2?

I uh... think I just finished the Copernicus DLC. In short: 360 players, you're not missing much.

The story is fine/good but the gameplay isn't anything special. There's three missions where you have to deliver a letter to a courier in under a minute, for example (more annoying than fun). Then there's like three fairly standard assassination missions... Meh.

Phenomic

Sad day, No Rome for me for an undetermined amount of time.

Not that anyone will think this is shocking but my Kmart apparently failed to get the game in. While I'm not overly that shocked I'm disappointed because they've had everything I've wanted for the last year. I've been buying stuff from the Kmart team for months now. Never had this issues.

AcciDante

Who is
the spaniard Ezio spared in AC2? Machiavelli just flipped out because he spared some dude. I don't remember all of AC2 :(

Raide

Watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look. So good.

I would kill for an Assassins Creed MMO that spanned the world. AC2 added parts that would be perfect, AC: Brotherhood goes even further.

Day 1!

jett

D-Member
Animation-Imp said:
I need more impressions of ps3 users so I can weigh inn the pross of a bigger friendslist to te cons of worse perfomance.

It bothered me in the previous installments, which I bought for the ps3 because I preferred the controller,
but at this point I've grown to comfort with the 360 controller as well, so only the online component remains.

Played for a bit more, it's definitely worse than AC2. Constantly below 30fps, tears like a bitch. Yay for sub-12 months development cycles...

jett said:
Played for a bit more, it's definitely worse than AC2. Constantly below 30fps, tears like a bitch. Yay for sub-12 months development cycles...

If you think the dev cycle was sub twelve months, you are mistaken. Just because a game comes out a year later than another in the same franchise doesn't mean the newest one wasn't in development prior to the first one shipping.

Not saying that this addresses your problem, that does suck, but it was in development for more than just a year.

ACE 1991

Is there anything equivalent to the six platforming levels (I forget the names for these) in Brotherhood? Those were some my favorite parts of II.

Pooya

Revolutionary said:
I uh... think I just finished the Copernicus DLC. In short: 360 players, you're not missing much.

The story is fine/good but the gameplay isn't anything special. There's three missions where you have to deliver a letter to a courier in under a minute, for example (more annoying than fun). Then there's like three fairly standard assassination missions... Meh.
:\

jett said:

:/

I decided to get it for PS3 but now looks like I'll stick to 360 for this one, played the other 2 on 360 too, I wanted to try online a bit and there was DLC but SP is the main draw for me :| .

jett

D-Member
Okay, what the hell. I'm following Machiavelli on horseback and I'm encountering 3-5 second long STUTTERS. The game stops entirely as it loads the city, presumably. UGGGGHHH I'm really really regretting this purchase now, I should've known better.

piratepwnsninja said:
If you think the dev cycle was sub twelve months, you are mistaken. Just because a game comes out a year later than another in the same franchise doesn't mean the newest one wasn't in development prior to the first one shipping.

Not saying that this addresses your problem, that does suck, but it was in development for more than just a year.

In an interview one of the game's developers said that the game was actually done in less than 12 months.

Amir0x

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Is there anything equivalent to the six platforming levels (I forget the names for these) in Brotherhood? Those were some my favorite parts of II.

If you're talking about challenge tombs, YUP

they are returning (and there's more of them).

That was the #1 reason I pre-ordered the game. Gonna start playin' now :D

Pimpbaa

Animation-Imp said:

I am not getting any stutters in the PS3 version. Jaggies are not an issue either. There are some framerate dips and tearing, but it isn't any worse than the previous game.

dwebo

Some serious flashbacks to Uncharted 2 with the early game stuff. Haven't reached Rome yet, but PS3 performance isn't that terrible. I wouldn't say it's worse than AC2, yet anyway.

Also, where's the Copernicus stuff? I downloaded it a few days ago, but it's not showing up anywhere.

eso76

ok, so this has probably been asked and answered a thousand times already but...I was always under the impression that this was just an Asscreed 2.3 : multiplayer minigame and i thought it was more of a side story or minor chapter. But...it apparently is more like a full Ac3 ?
I am even hearing things like "best AC game yet", and AC2 is probably in my top ten games of this gen, so i guess i should be interested ?

Pimpbaa

jett said:
Okay, what the hell. I'm following Machiavelli on horseback and I'm encountering 3-5 second long STUTTERS. The game stops entirely as it loads the city, presumably. UGGGGHHH I'm really really regretting this purchase now, I should've known better.

Sounds like something is wrong with you PS3, not the game. I've never had a single stutter.

DrBo42

jett said:
Yeah I think there's something going on with your PS3 or your disc, that's absurd.

-Mikey-

The Quick Look is amazing and I'm about ready to grab my keys and pick this up.:lol Thing is I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before and from what Ryan was saying in the QL if you've never played AC2 then you'll be lost in Brotherhood. Should I just go in regardless or play AC2?

I went into gamestop and told him to gimme ass bro. He looked perplexed. Anyway, game is good so far but then again I haven't done anything really. Thought I remember AC2 looking better than this though.

Top Bottom