• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
spidye said:
something I just realised. at the end of ac bro ezio is 47 years old and he still does parkour and shit.

Yeah there's a couple missions where they make note of the fact that the dude is actually pretty old. I remember a Thief mission in particular drew attention to it.

But obviously, dude spent his entire adult life doing parkour and killing guys. He stays in shape.

The real question is, how old is he when he finally gets a child? o_O

spidye

ZealousD said:
Yeah there's a couple missions where they make note of the fact that the dude is actually pretty old. I remember a Thief mission in particular drew attention to it.

But obviously, dude spent his entire adult life doing parkour and killing guys. He stays in shape.
it seems that I've missed it. where is that mission? is it part of the main storyline?

voltron

For anyone thats got the 2 apparently missable achievements for the emails and the artifact... without telling me how to get them, I just want to know if all I need to do is make sure I leave the Animus at least once in every sequence?

So far Ive been doing that anyway since it seemed obvious that there might be something new to do whenever the ! icon is next to 'Leave Animus' in the pause menu.

voltron said:
For anyone thats got the 2 apparently missable achievements for the emails and the artifact... without telling me how to get them, I just want to know if all I need to do is make sure I leave the Animus at least once in every sequence?

So far Ive been doing that anyway since it seemed obvious that there might be something new to do whenever the ! icon is next to 'Leave Animus' in the pause menu.
They're things you can do as soon as you are able to leave the Animus the first time. They're not sequence-dependent beyond that, but you need to do them before you finish sequence 7.

voltron

ShockingAlberto said:
They're things you can do as soon as you are able to leave the Animus the first time. They're not sequence-dependent beyond that, but you need to do them before you finish sequence 7.

Ok thanks. Ive explored Menteriggioni a couple of times now but have found nothing. Guess Im not looking hard enough.

So even the email one can be done straight away?

voltron said:
Ok thanks. Ive explored Menteriggioni a couple of times now but have found nothing. Guess Im not looking hard enough.

So even the email one can be done straight away?
Pretty sure it can.

I know the other achievement can be done as soon as you select Leave Animus the first time because I had to start a new file today to get it.

voltron

Cool.

Just realised why I hadnt found anything yet. I was running around with Eagle Vision basically the entire time. Left it off this time and found a pretty obvious open door into a building.

bubnbob

Banned
For the artifact... you dont have to look far.

Immediately after exiting, turn around and go in the room again... there is an artifact hugging the wall

spidye said:
something I just realised. at the end of ac bro ezio is 47 years old and he still does parkour and shit.

Assassins are partly descended from the Ancients/Gods/Aliens/Whoever, so presumably they get youthful vigour as well as magic eyesight.

Pooya

^ That video is not free, Ubi sells it for $2-3 on Live/PSN I think, not sure if it is ok to post that or not, just saying.

iNvid02

miladesn said:
^ That video is not free, Ubi sells it for $2-3 on Live/PSN I think, not sure if it is ok to post that or not, just saying.

wtf you serious

edit: just saw it on itunes, didnt think they'd charge for something like this. i'll prob have to take it down in a bit so watch it while you can, cus its xmas

iNvidious01 said:
wtf you serious

edit: just saw it on itunes, didnt think they'd charge for something like this. i'll prob have to take it down in a bit so watch it while you can, cus its xmas

Yeah I was shocked to see that they charge MS points for it. I was pretty shocked when half of it was just like a making of. :lol Its a bit of a pisstake for them to charge for that to be honest.

On the other hand, you might be better off removing it, or the link at least. :(

BeeDog

Just borrowed the game from a friend on the PS3 (the standard version), and entered the UPlay code I won in a contest some weeks ago. It unlocked the following (rough translation from Swedish):

Templar hideout: TIVOLI
Character: HARLEQUIN

I guess the harlequin is simply the UPlay unlockable, but tivoli seems something else? The listings for the Codex Edition only mentions something called Aqua Gear and Trojan Market. Does anyone know if Tivoli is something unique or...?

Coldsnap

After beating the game how do you get back into the Romulus Liars to collect all the Borgia flags? I'm missing 10 or so and I'm guessing they are in there... Also do I need a special map for the romulus liar flags, will they show up on the map?

kiun

Coldsnap said:
After beating the game how do you get back into the Romulus Liars to collect all the Borgia flags? I'm missing 10 or so and I'm guessing they are in there... Also do I need a special map for the romulus liar flags, will they show up on the map?

You can replay all of them from the DNA menu. The first romulus lair is in a story chapter section, while the rest are in the secret location tab, if im not mistaken.

You cannot buy a special map for these flags. Check youtube or something if you can't find them.

So I noticed something cool - I was going around at night time and got ambushed by bandits. That was a cool touch.

Also
Repairing the aquaducts raises the water level at the roman baths - letting you get to the Romulus treasure, that was also cool

By the way - does anyone know if theres a video of the cutscene that takes place after completing the Subject 16 puzzles? Apparently if you complete them before the end of the game you leave the animus and talk with Lucy? Unfortunatly I finished the puzzles after the end of the game, so couldnt do this. I have tried all the searches I can think of, but no one seems to have uploaded a video of this yet.

So I'm trying to get "full synchronization" in this level where I'm fighting ~15 barbarians. How are you supposed to not lose health when even blocking hurts you a little? Chaining kills only seems to work with a few guys, eventually there's always some dude who charges me and my only option looks like blocking.

Actually, how important is full synchronization? I'm sort of hoping it's not that necessary since it appears you can't skip cutscenes and it's already getting a little annoying.

1stStrike

Banned
Tkawsome said:
So I'm trying to get "full synchronization" in this level where I'm fighting ~15 barbarians. How are you supposed to not lose health when even blocking hurts you a little? Chaining kills only seems to work with a few guys, eventually there's always some dude who charges me and my only option looks like blocking.

Actually, how important is full synchronization? I'm sort of hoping it's not that necessary since it appears you can't skip cutscenes and it's already getting a little annoying.

Full sync is really only important if you're going for all the trophies. You do unlock some stuff along the way if you 100% sync all the missions in a memory, but it's nothing that you can't do without.

However, I'd recommend just dodging instead of blocking. Even if you're in the middle of an animation, you can do R1 + X and dodge their attack, then go after them right away. I've taken on huge groups of enemies and never gotten hit.

1stStrike said:
Full sync is really only important if you're going for all the trophies. You do unlock some stuff along the way if you 100% sync all the missions in a memory, but it's nothing that you can't do without.

However, I'd recommend just dodging instead of blocking. Even if you're in the middle of an animation, you can do R1 + X and dodge their attack, then go after them right away. I've taken on huge groups of enemies and never gotten hit.

So there is a dodge. I've completely forgotten how to play this game and it's slowly coming back.

Irish said:
Don't block. Counter or dodge.

That's just blocking before the strike hits, right?

Edit: Never mind, I figured out how to counter.

jett

D-Member
Tkawsome said:

I did that by chain killing. There's no other way. You're gonna have to practice that shit.

Finished. Countering the guys who charge was what did it. I think I'm starting to get the hang of chain killing.

Damn I wish I could skip cutscenes though, I had to watch the intro video to the scene ~10 times.

Tkawsome said:
Finished. Countering the guys who charge was what did it. I think I'm starting to get the hang of chain killing.

Damn I wish I could skip cutscenes though, I had to watch the intro video to the scene ~10 times.
go to the main menu, press SKIP CINEMATIC

jett

D-Member
Tkawsome said:

???

press start -> choose "skip cut-scene" option. You can skip every cut-scene in the game.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BeeDog said:
Just borrowed the game from a friend on the PS3 (the standard version), and entered the UPlay code I won in a contest some weeks ago. It unlocked the following (rough translation from Swedish):

Templar hideout: TIVOLI
Character: HARLEQUIN

I guess the harlequin is simply the UPlay unlockable, but tivoli seems something else? The listings for the Codex Edition only mentions something called Aqua Gear and Trojan Market. Does anyone know if Tivoli is something unique or...?
Tivoli is the Aquaducts tomb included in the codex/collector's edition. Harlequin is the male jester mp character included in the codex edition while the Hellequin is the female jester mp character unlocked from Uplay.

BeeDog

Killthee said:
Tivoli is the Aquaducts tomb included in the codex/collector's edition. Harlequin is the male jester mp character included in the codex edition while the Hellequin is the female jester mp character unlocked from Uplay.

Many thanks for clarifying this for me!

jett said:
???

press start -> choose "skip cut-scene" option. You can skip every cut-scene in the game.
Untrue.

You can't skip Assassin promotion ceremonies, you can't skip any Desmond cutscenes (you don't get a full animus menu, just some general options stuff).

Sai

Man, waking up to reveals of UC3 and ME3--good times.

Anyways, if you send a single, fresh recruit on a 4-5 star mission, they're guaranteed to die once the mission fails right? 'cause I've sent multiple recruits out on missions that they've failed, and they have all managed to come back.

... I ask, 'cause I've got an ugly recruit that has to go. :p

[EDIT] - Nevermind, got my answer; he's gone. :lol

BeeDog said:
Are the 5 artefacts in Monteriggioni (sp?) used for anything? Didn't seem to unlock anything when I found them all.
You get to stare at 'em in the Sanctuary for as long as you want. Doesn't that sound incredible?!

Sai said:
Man, waking up to reveals of UC3 and ME3--good times.

Anyways, if you send a single, fresh recruit on a 4-5 star mission, they're guaranteed to die once the mission fails right? 'cause I've sent multiple recruits out on missions that they've failed, and they have all managed to come back.

... I ask, 'cause I've got an ugly recruit that has to go. :p

[EDIT] - Nevermind, got my answer; he's gone. :lol

You get to stare at 'em in the Sanctuary for as long as you want. Doesn't that sound incredible?!

Oh Hi Sai. :lol

I keep seeing you playing AC Brotherhood, and keep meaning to ask if you wanna play some multiplayer?

Also, thats pretty mean getting your assassin killed. :lol

Sai

bobs99 ... said:
Oh Hi Sai. :lol

I keep seeing you playing AC Brotherhood, and keep meaning to ask if you wanna play some multiplayer?
Sure! I actually haven't touched the multiplayer at all since I got the game. So, since I'll be coming in late, it'll be nice to play alongside somebody that knows what's up.

Also, thats pretty mean getting your assassin killed. :lol
Dude looked like a renaissance-era crackfiend; I have no regrets. :p

Sai said:
Sure! I actually haven't touched the multiplayer at all since I got the game. So, since I'll be coming in late, it'll be nice to play alongside somebody that knows what's up.

Dude looked like a renaissance-era crackfiend; I have no regrets. :p

I dont really know whats up - there will probably be a lot of "WTF!??" and "that succccks!" as I struggle to kill people, but it should be fun. :lol

I honestly still find the multiplayer a bit of a crapshoot when it comes to free for all mode, I know stealthy kills are worth a lot more points, but I still think lucks a huge factor - you can be all slow and stealthy and get unlucky as the roof runners get to the targets quicker. I did have a good game just now though, I was in the lead all game except for like the last 30 seconds. In the last 5 seconds of the game I spotted my contract and got a huge stealth kill on him. I had all the time in the world to get close while he was killing his target. Winning that game felt good (and got me an achievment).

I must admit, when recruiting assassins if I spotted someone I didnt like the look of I just walked straight past, ive discriminated there aswell.

Amir0x

Banned
My "brother"hood is made up almost entirely of females - by accident. I just selected at random people in distress who were near me, and almost entirely they ended up female.

My brotherhood is a sisterhood. Respect.

crispyben

GAF, I'm in Sequence 4, and it seems I can't find the Barracks anymore... It's the Mercenaries HQ, right? I'd like to check the Guild Challenges there, maybe get into that Fight Club, but it's not on my map... Where's it supposed to be again?

Amir0x said:
My "brother"hood is made up almost entirely of females - by accident. I just selected at random people in distress who were near me, and almost entirely they ended up female.

My brotherhood is a sisterhood. Respect.

That sounds awesome and with Ezios character it seems sort of fitting.

Amir0x said:
I got ONE dude out of all my assassin's. You KNOW he is sharing the assassin poon load

Mine ended up about even.

Did anyone notice that they disappeared after a while if you didn't go to them?

I was on my way to one and it disappeared as I around the corner and when I got there I was a dead body and 3/4 guards walking away from him. Nice touch I thought.

Started playing MP for a bit and how is it when you stun they can counter and kill? Do you have to reach a certain level to unlock such a maneuver or should I be bashing the B button?

Jeff Stephen said:
Started playing MP for a bit and how is it when you stun they can counter and kill? Do you have to reach a certain level to unlock such a maneuver or should I be bashing the B button?

Assassinating takes priority over stunning - so if you see your hunter and he sees you your best bet is to run, because if he goes for the assassination your screwed no matter how quick you press B.

I have gotten lucky a few times with my hunter perhaps going for a focus kill. Generally though you can only stun when you know where your attacker is, but he doesnt know where you are.

1stStrike

Banned
Jeff Stephen said:

The only time you should really stun them is if you have the advantage - i.e. you sneak up behind them, smoke bomb them, or firework them (charge works too). If you walk up to their face and try to stun them they'll just assassinate you.

The matchmaking is still shitty, though. It's really dissuading me from playing the MP.

Ok, what am I missing? I started the game not too long ago and I started out with three exclamation points around the Map and I've done everything I can, all the story missions all the towers that I can reach have been lit on fire. I did two of the exclamation points but there is a third but it's behind the white wall and I can't get to it. I've done everything I can think of, even getting one of the districts to 100% rebuilt.

The last achievement I got was DNA #2 so I'm still early on, I just can't find out where to forward the story along.

Top Bottom