• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ranger X said:
I don't think it does. It's entirely subjective and psychologic thing anyways. Some people loved the AC2 DLC and thought it should have been in the game from the get do. Other people think it drags. Personnally I don't have a problem when the game is good like AC2 and Brotherhood (well, sequence 12 wasn't a really good sequence - too much fighting for my taste - but at least it gave insights on the characters and the world).
I love an AC content I can't get my hands on, I just thought the DLC being placed in the climax ruined a bit of the build up, especially because of the big reveal in the sequence prior.

Also, I hope PC gets those PS3 missions too.

Massa

Stallion Free said:
I love an AC content I can't get my hands on, I just thought the DLC being placed in the climax ruined a bit of the build up, especially because of the big reveal in the sequence prior.

Also, I hope PC gets those PS3 missions too.

You really don't.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Massa said:
You really don't.
Oh well. It was a nice try Sony, but you aren't going to get me to buy the game for your system (and actually use my PS3).

I value 60 fps/1080p enough to give up content like that.

MjFrancis

Post-Brotherhood. So far it seems more like an interesting epilogue with more of the same that we've all come to enjoy with Assassin's Creed, but I haven't finished it quite yet. I've successfully avoided the spoiler tags thus far.

iNvid02

Stallion Free said:
Oh well. It was a nice try Sony, but you aren't going to get me to buy the game for your system (and actually use my PS3).

the pc edition comes with animus update 1 and 2, as well as the da vinci thing

Massa

Stallion Free said:

What I meant is that you're missing absolutely nothing by not playing those missions. They add nothing new or interesting to the game.

iNvid02

Stallion Free said:
It's still not 100% content complete compared to the PS3 version atm.

if you get the deluxe edition you get all the stupid shit like armor, single player maps and a few multiplayer characters. only thing i think is missing is the copernicus dlc which was horrific

MjFrancis

Well, the SP in the DLC was decent enough. Two or three hours to 250G if that's what you're looking for. Getting the new missions 100% synched is easy, and I only had to repeat one mission that was timed, and getting it on the second try is a sure thing. Still haven't tried the new MP modes, though I've heard they let you accumulate XP faster. Assuming my rank hasn't been reset in the time I've abandoned the MP, that sounds appealing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mikasangelos said:
i need some Bro's to play with on PS3. hit me up

Mikasangelos.

Are there MP modes that people can play together? I'm working my way through SP atm and only briefly tried the MP... but I don't recall seeing a way to group up with people.

JADS

Dilly said:
Does this have that internetcheck ACII had?

It seems to be less strict than AC2, kinda like the way Steam handles DRM. I lost connection briefly a few hours ago while ingame and it didn't boot me like AC2 did.

Irish

Did anyone else receive an email containing the survey about an Assassin's Creed movie? I didn't think the PoP movie was all that bad, but it definitely could have been better. Of course, I think the AC license could result in a better movie over all as long as it is given the proper budget with a decent director and writers.

Deadman

Damn this game looks good. Currently have everything maxed with 4x multisampling, rock steady at 60fps. So glad i waited for the pc version.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Deadman said:
Damn this game looks good. Currently have everything maxed with 4x multisampling, rock steady at 60fps. So glad i waited for the pc version.
I thought this wasn't coming out until the 22nd.

Erebus

Some of my friends on Steam are already playing this at the moment but I checked the Store and they're charging 50 euros for a game that has been out on consoles for like what? Half a year now?

Some local retailers sell the game for 35-40EUR so I'll probably end up getting the disc version tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy. Shit.

This game looks absolutely incredible on the PC. I've got it maxed out at 1920x1200 other than anti-aliasing (it really doesn't need it anyway, imo) and it's just breathtaking. The textures are simply amazing. I'm glad that Ubisoft took the time to do a proper PC port for this. I picked it up on PS3 around release and played it for 6 hours or so, but the framerate and graphical issues bothered me so much after playing ACII on the PC that I just couldn't continue.

Somehow AssBro even seems to run better than ACII did all while looking a good deal better.

I'm thoroughly impressed with this PC port and look forward to really digging into this game at last.

kamspy

PC version runs great. Looks better and runs better than AC2. Ubi PC port team is on a role, since this was the case with AC1 vs. AC2 as well. Good shit. It's the most realized take on Assassin's Creed by a good measure, and I like that they tried to do more with the scale of playable situations.

One question, is the gamma fucked up for anyone else? I'm getting crazy white crush and what can only be described as negative black crush. It's annoying as hell and none of my other games are doing it.

So in the Da Vinci add-on, when they mention there were only 5 Da Vinci paintings, not 6 at the villa, is that Ubi correcting a goof or was that painting actually mistaken for a Da Vinci and has been proven false between the games? I just thought it was odd and my memory is hazy as to what and how many Da Vinci paintings were in AC2.

Fake edit:
Da Vinci. Just had to say it again because I didn't say it enough up there =P

@ kamspy: My PS3 copy has a white, foggy look at the top of the screen which is annoying as shit. Is it like that?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
kamspy said:
PC version runs great. Looks better and runs better than AC2. Ubi PC port team is on a role, since this was the case with AC1 vs. AC2 as well. Good shit. It's the most realized take on Assassin's Creed by a good measure, and I like that they tried to do more with the scale of playable situations.

One question, is the gamma fucked up for anyone else? I'm getting crazy white crush and what can only be described as negative black crush. It's annoying as hell and none of my other games are doing it.

There is a stupid post-effect gradient to make some sort of fake sun-bloom. Might be what you are talking about.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have pumped about 8 hours into this game on PC and goddamn do I love this series. I have enjoyed the sync challenges so far although I ignore the Romulus timed ones because I like to take my time going through them the first time.

Also, I guess on PC you have to unlock Da Vinci Disappearance on Uplay (it costs 0 points), but at what point in the game does it make the most sense? I haven't actually met Da Vinci yet in the main game and I accidentally started the DLC so I just quit out and went back to normal stuff.

Stallion Free said:
I have pumped about 8 hours into this game on PC and goddamn do I love this series. I have enjoyed the sync challenges so far although I ignore the Romulus timed ones because I like to take my time going through them the first time.

Also, I guess on PC you have to unlock Da Vinci Disappearance on Uplay (it costs 0 points), but at what point in the game does it make the most sense? I haven't actually met Da Vinci yet in the main game and I accidentally started the DLC so I just quit out and went back to normal stuff.
Da Vinci Disappearance happens in 1506. The last story memory happens in 1507, so it should be done before that I suppose. But there's dialogue from outside the Animus if it's done post game.

Lesath

Stallion Free said:

Chronologically, it occurs before the 9th sequence, although some of the dialogue would make more sense after you complete the core game.

As a side note, I absolutely adore ACB. ACII, while improving much upon its predecessor, was way too easy, and I am glad that some missions, as well as certain Full Sync challenges bring back some of the frustration I had in AC1.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So, what's the verdict, is the Da Vinci addon worth 800 space bucks? Comparable or better to the AC2 singleplayer DLC sequences?

I bought the game on release for 360, built a new PC three weeks ago, and have purchased the game again for PC. Brotherhood already looked great on 360, but GAT DAM it looks so fine on PC. AA, AF, everything cranked up to max at 1080p. I won't mind beating this game again so soon seeing it like this.

3847DE79DE1FC79D0AD237F1A600089179B09B07

Low quality Steam screenshot. I had to do it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Good AA makes ALL the difference really. Texture resolution is the same than on consoles, yet it looks better.

Frankfurt

Banned
So, lame question here. Bear with me. How good is the netcode in this? Do I need an awesome connection to run this game decently? I ask because I live in a tiny town with terribly low-speed connections... But certain games still run flawlessly (Reach, SSF2Hdr, TDU, etc), while others I can't even get past the lobby (Gears 2).

How good is the netcode in this, overall?

Thanks!

iNvid02

Frankfurt said:
So, lame question here. Bear with me. How good is the netcode in this? Do I need an awesome connection to run this game decently? I ask because I live in a tiny town with terribly low-speed connections... But certain games still run flawlessly (Reach, SSF2Hdr, TDU, etc), while others I can't even get past the lobby (Gears 2).

How good is the netcode in this, overall?

Thanks!

not very good online in terms of matchmaking and connection, was really bad at launch on ps3.
pc seems a bit better now and they have released a few patches but not what i'd call smooth

mileS

jett said:
I've played a bit of the PC version and the texture quality definitely looks as crappy as the consoles.

Sorry but there's no point in trying to argue anything here. The PC version has better textures.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
mileS said:
Sorry but there's no point in trying to argue anything here. The PC version has better textures.
I have seen a lot of textures that are clearly console-level textures on PC and I have everything maxed.

kamspy

MoonsaultSlayer said:
@ kamspy: My PS3 copy has a white, foggy look at the top of the screen which is annoying as shit. Is it like that?

Kinda. I was able to correct it by going to my Nvidia Control panel gamma and turning it down about .25

But now there's a little black crush, still, it's the far lesser of two evils.

Top Bottom