• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood |OT| where my bro's at?

Small question, I bought both brohood and creed 2 last week and playing them in order, I enjoy 2 so far but there's a few things which annoy me a little like not learning half of ezio's stealth moves untill multiple hours in, how much of an improvement is brotherhood?

Great game, should have jumped in sooner.

Diablohead said:
Small question, I bought both brohood and creed 2 last week and playing them in order, I enjoy 2 so far but there's a few things which annoy me a little like not learning half of ezio's stealth moves untill multiple hours in, how much of an improvement is brotherhood?

Great game, should have jumped in sooner.

More side-stories and side-missions that are linked to the actual main story. Fighting system is more fluid and lets you link attacks and counters way more easily. All your stealth moves from AC2 are pretty much present except your dual-blade I think. It's not big of a step-up from AC1 to AC2 but it's a definite step up.

Stallion Free said:
Oh hell yes. I have been enjoying the hell out of it. I love Ezio and to get more of his backstory is a real treat.

Oh yeah, I loved looking out for them. You get to really learn about him and when you'll be done with this side-story, you'll know more about him and what type of character he his.

Dunno if that new Assassin game they have been talking about, the one that'll come out this year is AC3 or just a continuation of Ezio's story.
Desmond saw a vision of an older Ezio returning to the Villa
so maybe his story isn't over yet. So either way, I'm really excited about it!

Ok, so for those you who finished the DA Vinci DLC, what did you think of the voices?

I'm positive that Desmond is either with Lucy's Handlers or are trying to figure out what happened, or he's back with Abstergo. Kind of a big deal because they found the location of the next PoE. Thus, I doubt we will see Ezio once more, a shame, as I love his character.

Zenith

Banned
No spoilers, but when do the last 3 areas of the map unlock (with the last 3 towers, glyphs, etc)? I just started Sequence 6.

Zenith said:
No spoilers, but when do the last 3 areas of the map unlock (with the last 3 towers, glyphs, etc)? I just started Sequence 6.

They'll open in sequence 7 & 8, I think.

Question about the end of the DLC:
The coordinates are 43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W, which put into Google Maps pull up Turin, NY. Any ideas?

Badgerst3

Just finished. Loved the entire game. Especially the platforming in the romulus lair side quests. Worthwhile unlock when done btw.

By the end- I was just calling in my brothers/sisters to do my dirty work. Cool mechanic.

This series keeps getting better. Is AC3 actually going to make it out in 2011?

Pimpbaa

theignoramus said:
we also have 16x AF to thank, among other things.

Which can make a game look like it has better textures. Tons of texture detail is lost in console games due to 720p and poor texture filtering.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I absolutely adore the character design for all characters not from modern day:

ACBSP%202011-03-29%2023-34-33-63.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Blast Processing said:
They'll open in sequence 7 & 8, I think.

Question about the end of the DLC:
The coordinates are 43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W, which put into Google Maps pull up Turin, NY. Any ideas?

Well.....
Shroud of Turin? Also, maybe if AC3 is in New York, the animus can have him be in a 1920s or 40s mob as a hitman, lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Anyone know what the biggest system hoggers are in settings of the PC version? I can get 25-30 fps on my 5650 maxed out but it's running too clunky when it's busy. No AA gives me some FPS but I don't know what else I can do without. Are post effects that important?

Kabouter

Stallion Free said:
Ugh that would be so stupid. I want 3 to be set in
Moscow in the 1800s
Moscow in the 19th century could be cool, Tsarist Russia isn't exactly a common game setting. Sadly it's unlikely they'll ever set a game in the 17th century Dutch Republic, would be an amazing setting, but about as likely to be chosen as 14th century Iceland.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Kabouter said:
Moscow in the 19th century could be cool, Tsarist Russia isn't exactly a common game setting. Sadly it's unlikely they'll ever set a game in the 17th century Dutch Republic, would be an amazing setting, but about as likely to be chosen as 14th century Iceland.
You can only imagine the old dutch phrases in between the English. Wonder what kind of accent they'd give the character

iNvid02

I think its going to be set in 18th century france, at the end you see the symbol which appeared on the declaration of the rights of man, shaun is cut off right before he is about to tell everyone he recognises the symbol.

also found this, usermade from deviantart but looks cool

assassin__s_creed_3_poster_by_boup0quod-d3a8ojq.jpg

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do not like that character design. It might just be the symbol on the back though. I would like revolutionary France though, that would be tight.

Ilúvatar

Just finished the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, really enjoyed it. I especially liked the awkward conversation regarding Leonardo's sexual preferences when you go to one of his markers on the map (Not sure if this was in the game proper, but this was the first time I heard it)

rataven

fna84 said:
Is anyone else having problems finding online matches in the ps3 version?

It takes me around 5 minutes to find a match...
What mode are you trying to play? I'm on PS3 and typically don't have to wait very long. Wanted, Manhunt, and Assassinate should get you in pretty quickly. Also, choose Ranked matches rather than Player, and if you're stuck waiting for one session longer than a minute or two, cancel out and try again.

I just beat the game yesterday and absolutely loved it. That ending!

The ONLY complaint i have is that I really disliked being restricted to one weapon towards the end and I also disliked not having a warning before moving towards the endgame and not being able to do any more contacts etc ...

Can't wait for the next one!

Tokubetsu

Wish the shop quests were easier. I'm already spending all this fucking time doing every other sidequest. I'm near 20 hours and still in Memory 5.

iNvidious01 said:
I think its going to be set in 18th century france, at the end you see the symbol which appeared on the declaration of the rights of man, shaun is cut off right before he is about to tell everyone he recognises the symbol.

assassin__s_creed_3_poster_by_boup0quod-d3a8ojq.jpg

I've not played Brotherhood but I have said this since the announcement of AC2:

Q: Why the French Revolution?

1) I think the biggest asset of AC as a series have been it's settings. NOBODY has ever done a game like this in either the holy lands or rennissance. It's so unique. The next one, is as unxplored: France during the french revolution.

2) French revolution would be a logical step. its hundreds of years ahead of AC2, just like AC2 was ahead of AC1.
The Advancement of technology to include rifles is a logical choice.

3) Paris is one of the most amazing cities on earth. crawling it's monuments.. it's one of the few were they could 1-up on Rome. It's simply Paris.

4) French revolution is not well explored in gaming.. not in movies either. It was such a violent period, with so much death, insanity and such a history changer. Lots of mysterious deaths of people to shoehorn "asssassins in".

5) Ubi is french at heart. I think both AC and AC2 had french elements. A lot of the crusaders were French(particularly during the rise and fall of Jerusalem) and Italy of course had a lot of similarities with France. I think the dev team wants to work on something related to their own legacy, even if Montreal is frenchie canandians. ;D

Yeah.. I don't know. It just feels like a safe bet it will be french revolution. It has to. Horses, rifles with bayonettes, prostitutes going gun ho in the eifel tower.. the diversity of that monster of a city.
And the violence... jesus.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, I just finished up a part of this game and it was like a punch in the stomach. I love Ezio, but goddamn I would be one angry motherfucker if I was him.

RedSwirl

Tamanon said:
Well.....
Shroud of Turin? Also, maybe if AC3 is in New York, the animus can have him be in a 1920s or 40s mob as a hitman, lol

I haven't played the DLC yet, and I agree that 18th century France makes the most sense for AC3, but NY isn't impossible. I'd rather it be Mid-19th-century New York during the Five Points era.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
faceless007 said:
Any word on what the PC version is like now that it's out? Optimized, polished, any "Press Start to begin" crap?
Err well I would recommend you play this series with a pad but the port seems fantastic. It runs well and looks gorgeous most of the time thanks to the massive leap in image quality.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
faceless007 said:
Any word on what the PC version is like now that it's out? Optimized, polished, any "Press Start to begin" crap?
It's pretty good yeah. Runs on low end PCs if you want to (and looks really nice maxed), plays well with kbm. Maybe some of the extra ubisoft shit might piss you off but doesn't really bother me. I'm running it with everything maxed except shadows, reflection and some other thing and it looks and runs great on my laptop. I don't see a windowed option however but I figure there's ways around that.

syoaran

RedSwirl said:
I haven't played the DLC yet, and I agree that 18th century France makes the most sense for AC3, but NY isn't impossible. I'd rather it be Mid-19th-century New York during the Five Points era.

While I too enjoy the historical avenue of the game, I hope that the next iteration features as much time in the "modern" world as it does in the past. After the cliffhanger, I feel like progression there would be nice.
If desmond has some sort of pull with whoever is keeping him in the animus currently, it could be a plot where he searches the DNA memories in Paris/NY/where-ever for the shroud to bring Lucy back to life, while pushing forward with his own mission

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to ACIII

Chittagong

Gold Member
Just finished the game. God damn the ending was amazing. Totally redeemed the plot again.

Nothing like a good old mystery.

RedSwirl said:

I feel that NY is next to impossible It would make next to no sense, and the
facebook game focuses a lot on the shroud of turin - it'd be strange if that word was not simply a reference to that
. Ubi Soft would do it if they were afraid that France wouldn't be an appealing setting to players, but I feel there is too much evidence that it's where the next game is going to take place (independently from my citizenship / personal preference).

edit:
Mh, I didn't know the phrygian cap was also a symbol for the american revolution...
edit2:
Fuck it, why not do it in both places at the same time! French and American revolution were pretty close in timeline

V_Ben

Banned
Oh good grief. I knew I shouldn't have sent the game back to Lovefilm without completing all the side missions. I know exactly what I'll be doing this summer. The ending of the main story was a hell of a shock though, can't wait to see where it goes from there.

jett

D-Member
faceless007 said:

Looks OK but should run better than it does all things considered. I wouldn't call it optimized or polished.

REV 09

Finished da Vinci dlc. Thought it was better than the missions from the main game. Really long too plus all the multi stuff makes this one of the most value filled $10 dlc purchases available.

iNvid02

so i got my youtube channel back and my brotherhood videos can be viewed again.

kinda late for a lets play but after completing it i did an in depth explanation vid on whats
gonna go down in the next game (taken mostly from the prima guide) but its fun to know.

one of the voice actors in the game commented on the vid too, said it helped em to understand
the story a bit more. pretty cool :D

you can watch listen to it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnM6OY3xIGg

Van Buren

The Monteriggioni bits outside the Animus are truly mind-boggling to look at in 3D. The low-res textures aren't as noticeable in stereo 3d, thankfully.

I haven't been so impressed with the visuals in a game since Crysis in 2007. Granted, the non-3d visuals aren't as jaw-dropping as my hyperbolic post seems to suggest.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just beat it and goddamnnnnnn son. Goddamn. I can't wait to dig into the DLC and 100% it (just some flags, chests, guild challenges and 100% syncs left).

So fucking good. I loved pretty much every second of it.

iNvidious01 said:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/054/2/e/assassin__s_creed_3_poster_by_boup0quod-d3a8ojq.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow thanks for that - saw the title and almost peed my pants for a second... damn you!

Stallion Free said:
Just beat it and goddamnnnnnn son. Goddamn. I can't wait to dig into the DLC and 100% it (just some flags, chests, guild challenges and 100% syncs left).

So fucking good. I loved pretty much every second of it.
Did you get the Armor of Brutus?

Top Bottom