• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed II - The |OT|

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
OmonRa said:
You may consider the following statement as FACT and use it to adjust/confirm theories:

There are NO ALIENS IN ASSASSIN'S CREED.

Like I said before:
The possibility that there was once an advanced species indigenous to earth isn't out of the realm of possibility. However, the more I look at the ending clip the more I think otherwise.

Boogie9IGN

Sai said:
Man, the story of the
Ezio's ancestor, the guy who built the Auditore Villa
... Sad stuff. :(

Where can I read that?

Just finished the game and glyphs. Still have the contracts, some races, treasures, and the feathers to do!

In regards to AC3 having Ezio at the beginning to wrap things up:
I think the way they wrapped up Altair was great with all the codex pages, I think something along those lines would be more than sufficient IMO. I thought it was funny how you got to see a completely different side of Altair in the codex pages. When I got to the end I hadn't read any of them, so I sat there for about 20 minutes reading them all. It was annoying because I wanted to finish the game but I didn't care because they were more interesting. The glyph's/puzzle's better be back in AC3 too!

DeathNote said:
is episode 2 and 3 of linage on the disc?
I don't know forsure, I wasn't aware there was a part 3 :lol I'm gonna have to go watch that now. In the extra's tab there is the making of the Lineage and the Lineage option so if it is there it's in one part. I'll check to now because I want to see part 3/

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Animator said:
How do you access Uplay?

Triangle at the main menu or whatever the hell the xbox equivelant is, it will tell you in the bottom corner what button to press.

Just checked out the lineage video on disc. It is in hi-def and looks fantastic, but it's too late for me to watch 15 mins because there is no skip or fast forward option :(. I assume it is there but I cannot confirm. I will watch it tomorrow and get back to you on this.

So where is the glyph on the port in venice? That thing that looks like a fat wooden bridge.

leng jai said:
Played the first hour and its honestly been one of the worst first hours of a game I've ever played.

I agree, but it gets good.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Eggo said:
Finally finished the game with 1000/1000 achievements and 100% sync at the villa. Here's a video for proof **SPOILER WARNING - It shows what happens when you collect 50 and 100 feathers**

Also have videos of:

Syncing all 66 viewpoints
no reward given :(

Turning in the 6 seals to unlock the armor. **SPOILER WARNING - Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you**

Turning in the final codex page. **SPOILER WARNING - Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you**

Yeah, good stuff. But, not better than Deciphering all the glyphs. **SPOILER WARNING - Don't watch if... Well, just don't watch it.**

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't, for the life of me, find the glyph in the area with the boat to Venice (in the wetlands area). Somebody give me a hint! :)

duckroll

I BEAT THE GAME! OMG! :O

~22 hours. Got all Viewpoints, cleared all Assassin Tombs, all Codex pages, all paintings, all statues, got a shitload of the trophies, 45/100 feathers (;_;), and missing 1 weapon before I have all the equipment in the game.

AWESOME GAME! :O

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Rez said:
I can't, for the life of me, find the glyph in the area with the boat to Venice (in the wetlands area). Somebody give me a hint! :)

Look around the light tower.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
thanks guys! I was looking around the boat/mansion area/

duckroll

Oh and the Glyph puzzles were AWESOME. The crazy conspiracy shit that goes with each one is great too. Dan Brown is totally pwned, he only wanted to troll us Catholics, but Ubisoft trolls EVERYONE in history! :lol

The end of The Truth = ROFLMAO. Can't wait for AC3! :D

duckroll

D23 said:
quick question.. after beating the story mission, can you go back and do the side quest and stuff?

Yeah when you complete the game, after the credits the game just puts you back in the Villa. You're then free to do whatever you want to do in the game.

Animator

duckroll said:
I BEAT THE GAME! OMG! :O

~22 hours. Got all Viewpoints, cleared all Assassin Tombs, all Codex pages, all paintings, all statues, got a shitload of the trophies, 45/100 feathers (;_;), and missing 1 weapon before I have all the equipment in the game.

AWESOME GAME! :O

I am also missing one weapon (mem block 10 here currently) What is that last sword? If you beat the game and havent got it yet I wonder if you have to do something special. I have the
altairs
sword.

duckroll

Animator said:
I am also missing one weapon (mem block 10 here currently) What is that last sword? If you beat the game and havent got it yet I wonder if you have to do something special. I have the
altairs
sword.

It's not a last sword for me, but the second last hammer. I hear I get that
from the Villa blacksmith when I have 50 feathers.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Animator said:
altairs
sword.

That's normal. You have to do something special to get the last weapon, and it's a good one.

Posted some more videos:

Good use of a smoke bomb/late-game combat

The Ending (Final Boss fight) Part 1 **SPOILER WARNING**

The Ending (The Message) Part 2 **SPOILER WARNING**

The Ending (Credits) Part 3 **SPOILER WARNING**

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
Oh and the Glyph puzzles were AWESOME. The crazy conspiracy shit that goes with each one is great too. Dan Brown is totally pwned, he only wanted to troll us Catholics, but Ubisoft trolls EVERYONE in history! :lol

The end of The Truth = ROFLMAO. Can't wait for AC3! :D

Kinda pwned himself by stealing other people's work IMO. I wonder why Ubisoft picked Christianity, more specifically Catholicism, than Judisam, Islam, or Hindu? Don't get me wrong. There's a lot that the Catholic church as done in the name of God. And being Roman Catholic myself, I know the corruption and atrocities the church as committed over the centuries. However, every organized religion has done that in one form or another through out history. Ubisoft really raked Catholicism over the coles on this one. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquistion

monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

AkuMifune

Banned
I'm going to draw a line on the ground.

Everyone who thinks Assassin's Creed 2 is amazing on one side, everyone else on the other. So I can kill them all because they must be replicants. Its the new Voight-Kampff test of humanity.

Its not that I don't appreciate different opinions, but unless you have an agenda or are actively seeking to dismiss or dislike this game I don't see how it's not one of the best gaming experiences all year.

Well done Ubi!

Hmmm. It's taking me oooh, 10 minutes to win the race early in the game. Why is jump and sprint on the same button? Why can't I configure my controller to suit me? Why do developers think they know best? I'm obviously somewhat cack-handed at this game because it should'nt take this long to do something so simple.

duckroll

Vilix said:
Kinda pwned himself by stealing other people's work IMO. I wonder why Ubisoft picked Christianity, more specifically Catholicism, than Judisam, Islam, or Hindu? Don't get me wrong. There's a lot that the Catholic church as done in the name of God. And being Roman Catholic myself, I know the corruption and atrocities the church as committed over the centuries. However, every organized religion has done that in one form or another through out history. Ubisoft really raked Catholicism over the coles on this one. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquistion

The game is set in Italy. Are you suggesting that there is some other faction more powerful than the Catholic church in Italy? :lol

The Glyph puzzles rag on EVERYONE, regardless of political standing, religion, or race. It's hilarious. The game itself being period and set in Italy obviously has to use the Catholic Church as a major plot element, so that's not surprising, just like how AC1 was set in the crusades.

Anyone know where the bonus maps are saved? Are they connected to my Ubisoft account or what? I'm worried if I delete the game data or save data at some point I'll lose access to them.

Fuck me this game is everything I'd hoped for and more. I played until 5AM and didn't even realise it. Congratulations to all involved (and I'm not that far in!).

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
The game is set in Italy. Are you suggesting that there is some other faction more powerful than the Catholic church in Italy? :lol

The Glyph puzzles rag on EVERYONE, regardless of political standing, religion, or race. It's hilarious. The game itself being period and set in Italy obviously has to use the Catholic Church as a major plot element, so that's not surprising, just like how AC1 was set in the crusades.

When Minerva says "Do not believe in the cross", it's really only coming down to one particular faith, doesn't it?
You make good points. But, I wasn't speaking of just this game, but both. Ubisoft could've put the francise in another time and place. Look at all the other Assassins that came before Anzio and Altair. I'm not offended, mind you. I think it's a great story. ^.^

Picked up the game last night and having fun so far, though the first hour is a bit slow like everyone has been saying. Really love getting back into the free running on Roofs, though.

Has anyone checked out the UPlay free AC2 theme? I don't usually but these kind of things but as it's free, very tempted if it looks good?

JCtheMC

Just put in 8 hours yesterday, this game is amazing. Improved on all fronts to become the fucking awesome game i want it to be. Thanks Ubi.

duckroll

LazerRanger said:
Has anyone checked out the UPlay free AC2 theme? I don't usually but these kind of things but as it's free, very tempted if it looks good?

It's not available for redemption yet. Lulz.

Zeliard

This is one of the very few games I've been compelled to try and beat more quickly than normal so I can read the damn spoilers. This thread is dominated by spoiler text. :D

Having said that, I ain't rushing through it. :p

duckroll

Zeliard said:
This is one of the very few games I've been compelled to try and beat more quickly than normal so I can read the damn spoilers. This thread is dominated by spoiler text. :D

I tried to fix that by creating a spoiler thread, but no one seems to care! Come on guys, beat the game faster! :(((

goldenpp72

Vilix said:
When Minerva says "Do not believe in the cross", it's really only coming down to one particular faith, doesn't it?
You make good points. But, I wasn't speaking of just this game, but both. Ubisoft could've put the francise in another time and place. Look at all the other Assassins that came before Anzio and Altair. I'm not offended, mind you. I think it's a great story. ^.^

Are you proposing that a story should never be told just because another story.. could be told?

Let's not make mass effect because we could make star trek.

I dunno, just seems odd to me, someone decided they wanted to make the story around that, so they did. Doesn't seem all that hard, a story can be anything, and that is the story for AC2, they could have done another story, and having done so, people would ask, why not do it this way instead?

Zeliard

duckroll said:
I tried to fix that by creating a spoiler thread, but no one seems to care! Come on guys, beat the game faster! :(((

Oh lol, I just now saw that thread.

It'll undoubtedly get some posts, given how spoiler-heavy the storyline seems to be, and I'm sure not everyone wants to cover everything up in spoiler tags all the time. Quite a few seem to have beaten it already, but it's still fairly early on since AC2 just came out a few days ago. And I think it just came out in Europe yesterday, too.

Kyoufu

Going to pick this up soon, but just wondering how diverse the gameplay is this time round? Hated the first one due to lack of variety.

jett

D-Member
FFFFUUUUU does the "black" edition come from with three more "catacomb"-like quests? I bet they're all stored inside the disc. Ubisoft better unlock this fucking shit for free.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
Tomorrow! I'm about to go to Tuscany, but I'm far too tired to continue playing. I can't wait to see how it all ends. I hope something cool happens with the Desmond story as well.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
whoops, I meant to say... shit, I forgot what city I'm about to leave for. I just finished Memory Block 10. :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I reckon this has been asked a billion times already, but the reception seems very good but my financial status isnt all that at the moment so I was just wondering :

I bought the first one and played 2h before putting it on hold forever, I really want to give 2 another shot but should I stay away from it seeing as I really disliked the first one? '

thx

Top Bottom