• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

jett

D-Member
Well okay I'm still learning. And this game is riddled with bugs, just one hour in, some guy talked with his mouth closed, I teleported like 10 meters ahead to stab a guy with a musket, and I'm seeing a couple of rifles floating in mid-air. :lol This is what three years of alleged development gets me?

BTW...the HUD options are stupid. If you disable SSI(basically the intrusive marker on screen that shows you exactly where you need to go...which is useless because it also shows up in the mini-map) it also disables the reticle cursor when you aim. Why.

Derrick01

Banned
If I have 1 more naval mission freeze on me as I'm about to win this controller is going somewhere far and fast in my room. I'm about done with this fucking game.

I wonder if we've all gotten the terrifying non-lip syncing ship captain.

I had heard about this glitch before starting the game and reloaded my save to see if it would happen every time.

It did.

Every fucking time.

I made myself believe that he had a war-time face injury and wore a mask to cover it during that scene.

If I have 1 more naval mission freeze on me as I'm about to win this controller is going somewhere far and fast in my room. I'm about done with this fucking game.

Weird. 30 hours and the game never locked up on me. PS3 or Xbox? (err wait...once when hoping over a fence.)

I get that, but like I made a triangle out of the pivots, and then inbetween that triangle space it was just all green... WTF then? It's very confusing, at least with the information given. "HEY PIVOTS..HACK SOME SHIT! GOOOO!!!!"

I completly agree! Also nooooo wayyy... how do you see that scene?

If it's green, the pivot is in that area. Explore it, place some extra pivots, and you'll find it eventually. It's a pickup like any other item.

This happens to me a lot. And the subs are never synced up correctly for me.

The subtitle syncing seems hit or miss for me. Sometimes it disappears almost immediately, sometimes it stays on too long.

i feel like the game runs better on my slim compared to my phat. probably all in my head though

Maybe not. I feel like a lot of games perform better on my slim than my 40gb or 60gb.

jett

D-Member
I feel completely detached from combat, I feel nothing when I kill these soldiers, first AC game I've ever complained about that. And the guy just went on like a 10 second long multi-kill on his own, I did nothing. What the hell is this? I feel like returning the game. :/

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, Haytham is such a great character.

The sequence 9 stuff with him and Connor is hilarious.

It basically turns into Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade with all the banter and whatnot.

Sequence 12 really is horseshit so far. My objective is to kill all ____, the sync objective is....limit kills. The fuck?

There's also some really annoying red haze filter permanently stuck on my character.

That is a glitch, very same thing happened to me. Exit the game and restart to fix it. The same will happen with an audio glitch a bit later in that sequence where you will hear a neverending loop of basic crowd mumbling [you won't notice it at first, but you will eventually] until you quit and restart.

Derrick01

Banned
Sequence 12 really is horseshit so far. My objective is to kill all ____, the sync objective is....limit kills. The fuck?

There's also some really annoying red haze filter permanently stuck on my character.

News Bot

Banned
+1 for Haytham should have been the main character.

Connor is boring as fuck. His voice, dialogue and background are all just so... meh. Feels and sounds exactly like AC1 Altair.

Connor is boring as fuck. His voice, dialogue and background are all just so... meh. Feels and sounds exactly like AC1 Altair.

I think Connor had A LOT of potential and it kind of seems like the team got somewhat lazy with him.

I mean, I only just started sequence 9, but the lack of talk about any of the AC lore(pieces of Eden, etc) is kind of a let down. It's like Connor just want's what any legitimate Native American would have wanted at the time, and the fact that he is an Assassin doesn't really matter.

LuchaShaq

Banned
In the homstead/fronteir anyone know how to get to the damn northwest peg leg trinket? Can't find any way to get up either of the connecting cliffs.

Naite

Just did the last privateer mission where you had to destroy 3 boats by shooting the power keg. I got the first one down but I thought I was gonna destroy one of the other two before it would show its weak point. Luckily both ships rammed into one another, revealing both of their power kegs.

Derrick01

Banned
This game gets all of my hate after the sequence 12 chase. I put up with so much from this game but it pushed past my breaking point. I'm going to finish off some quick trophies and trade this in as soon as I can.

How this got any higher than a 3/10 on reviews is baffling and the most obvious sign of how corrupt the gaming media is.

Can someone explain the sequence 12 issues? I just want to know what happened cause I did it my first time through, and I'm wondering if I didn't run into issues people had with it or what? Seemed fairly simple and easy with no frustration for me.

This game gets all of my hate after the sequence 12 chase. I put up with so much from this game but it pushed past my breaking point. I'm going to finish off some quick trophies and trade this in as soon as I can.

How this got any higher than a 3/10 on reviews is baffling and the most obvious sign of how corrupt the gaming media is.

I don't think it's quite THAT bad, honestly, but I'm in the same boat.

Gonna rush the story missions and trade it in to Best Buy while I can still get $40 back, which is what I paid for it.

Lima

Can someone explain the sequence 12 issues? I just want to know what happened cause I did it my first time through, and I'm wondering if I didn't run into issues people had with it or what? Seemed fairly simple and easy with no frustration for me.

I can only assume they get attacked by the guards or whatever. There is only one route you can take to avoid all of them and stay within 30m of Lee so after a couple tries it should be very clear.

Eideka

Banned
Damn I must be the only one actually enjoying the game. I think this surpasses AC 2, the story telling is very well developped. I would have welcomed a female character though, just to add a little bit more emotion to the narrative.

I hope that Aveline will appear in a "main" AC game someday.

Damn I must be the only one actually enjoying the game. I think this surpasses AC 2, the story telling is very well developped. I would have welcomed a female character though, just to add a little bit more emotion to the narrative.

Naw my experience with the game is highly treasured. I fear double dipping on pc or wii u even. The game has some issues but seems for some...much more! Also I never got really frustrated with anything in the game. Least not to the point of wanting to rage quite or condemnd the game. Also not getting the seq 12 hate. I got through it the first go. Also now that I've played it, I'd like to see the story again and see if I can pick up on anything I missed.

Oh, I'm enjoying it. I love the story and setting. Connor is pretty cool too, but..

I dunno. I just don't find myself having the desire to do much more than the story missions.

And yes, I'd love for Aveline to appear as a mainline character.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

If it's this Aveline, that would be A-OK with me.

225px-Dragon_Age_2_Aveline_01.jpg

I feel like I'm the only dude who likes Connor. I kind of like him more than Ezio and Altair.

I feel like I'm the only dude who likes Connor. I kind of like him more than Ezio and Altair.

Well you know I can see why some people don't like him. He is a vastly different character to ezio and altair. He is all about doing whats right, he doesn't have much of a sense of humor. He's pretty straight forward. I liked him. He was different then the other characters we played as, and that's not a bad thing at all. He just seemed to have a sense of justice, if even for his own personal interest. He stuck by his motives throughout. Did I like Haythem?, of course! but I prefered him being in the game, not
playing as him.

I can only assume they get attacked by the guards or whatever. There is only one route you can take to avoid all of them and stay within 30m of Lee so after a couple tries it should be very clear.

I just used my assassin recruits to take out each barrier of enemies i was running up to. Then quickly ran to the left and ran up the front beam and did this epic jump back onto the dock almost cutting him off. Quiet badass actually.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

The reason Haytham is a more appealing character to me than Connor is because he's not naive. It was refreshing to play a character who wasn't full of doubt and who had all of his abilities at the beginning of the game. This is the fifth game in the series so I'm getting tired of leveling up my assassin (as opposed to leveling up his estate - that's fun and would make sense given Haytham's new location in the colonies (unless, of course, you're forced to do it using the trading/economy system in this game which was designed by a moron)).

I would love an alternate-side ACIII-2 which focuses on Haytham's side of the story.

Lima

Connor is boss. Especially after the end of the game.

I only liked Ezio in Revelations because he looked awesome with the beard. In AC2 and Brotherhood though? Fuck him.

Altair is still the best out of all of them. He had the best outfit and also had the best hidden blade. You know the one where you had to remove the ring finger. You really had to make a sacrifice to be part of the assassin guild. Not this pussy bullshit that they had starting with 2.

In the homstead/fronteir anyone know how to get to the damn northwest peg leg trinket? Can't find any way to get up either of the connecting cliffs.

This one was hard. A little to the right of the trinket you'll see a little rock formation. Climb on that then jump towards the cliff, theres a little ledge that Connor can climb up.

Marleyman

Banned

You aren't the only one.

The reason Haytham is a more appealing character to me than Connor is because he's not naive. It was refreshing to play a character who wasn't full of doubt and who had all of his abilities at the beginning of the game. This is the fifth game in the series so I'm getting tired of leveling up my assassin (as opposed to leveling up his estate - that's fun and would make sense given Haytham's new location in the colonies (unless, of course, you're forced to do it using the trading/economy system in this game which was designed by a moron)).

I would love an alternate-side ACIII-2 which focuses on Haytham's side of the story.
Well, see, that's exactly why I found Haytham kind of boring to play since I already played as an experienced Assassin through Ezio in Brotherhood and Revelations. There's no build up. Plus I don't really like playing as a condescending British dude. It was really refreshing to play as a Native American, hunting and climbing through trees, spinning that tomohawk. I guess I'm factoring in what the character could do too in why I like Connor. I really do like his idealism and his wanting to protect his home more than anything else. His constant questioning of what people in the war are doing "This doesn't feel right" just real got me. It's a nice contrast, I thought.

I'm with slasher_thrasher21, in that I liked Haytham, but I don't like playing as him.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
This one was hard. A little to the right of the trinket you'll see a little rock formation. Climb on that then jump towards the cliff, theres a little ledge that Connor can climb up.

If you wait there's a homestead mission that will force you to go up there and it's much easier to find (better positioning of a marker that shows you where to start climbing). Wish I had waited until the mission instead of getting frustrated and youtubing the location.

Also, is it just me, or is the AI really wickedly hard for the minigames? I am totally getting schooled on the expert level.

Well, see, that's exactly why I found Haytham kind of boring to play since I already played as an experienced Assassin through Ezio in Brotherhood and Revelations. There's no build up. Plus I don't really like playing as a condescending British dude. It was really refreshing to play as a Native American, hunting and climbing through trees, spinning that tomohawk. I guess I'm factoring in what the character could do too in why I like Connor. I really do like his idealism and his wanting to protect his home more than anything else. His constant questioning of what people in the war are doing "This doesn't feel right" just real got me. It's a nice contrast, I thought.

I loved the tree free-running and the presentation of the (justifiably) cynical view that Connor takes towards both sides of the conflict (all those glares when patriot leaders deigned to put their hands on his shoulders, lol), but it was nice having all of the abilities at the beginning of the game. E.g., I was exploring the Boston underground as Connor and found two secret entrances I couldn't unlock because I hadn't reached the point in the game where Connor is allowed to carry a pistol. Had to rerun those passages a few years later when he finally learned how to shoot and carry a gun. I hate shit like that. Either cover up the portion entirely (IIRC those passages were walled off during Haythem's years - at least I didn't see them when I was exploring the underground while playing as Haythem) or don't put them in the game.

If you wait there's a homestead mission that will force you to go up there and it's much easier to find (better positioning of a marker that shows you where to start climbing). Wish I had waited until the mission instead of getting frustrated and youtubing the location.

Also, is it just me, or is the AI really wickedly hard for the minigames? I am totally getting schooled on the expert level.

Seriously? I spent a sad 30 minutes running up and down the bottom of that cliff, mashing climb. Ugh.

I tried the tutorial thing in the beginning with Haytham and I couldn't win at all. Never looked back.

Lima

How could you even get 100% for that final Captain Kidd mission? The QTE's are glitched.

Nope they are not glitched. The time you have to press the buttons is just shorter than with regular wolves.

You could place down trip mines or get up on a tree and shoot them with arrows or the pistol.

Oh definitely. For nine man's morris I actually used this website to beat the AI on expert.

http://merrelles.com/English.html

Then set the thing to VII so it is at the hardest difficulty. Let the AI in the game place first and mimic everything they do on your pc.

Forenana or whatever it is called was hard as hell too. Achilles is one tricky son of a bitch.

Top Bottom