• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

exYle

This all sounds rather disappointing. Seems like ACIII is still struggling with the same problems it has always been struggling with.. AI, clipping, horse riding, camera issues. Add to that the pathfinding issues with the trees and the non-clear pathways on stone walls.

Also - the bait problem sounds pretty terrible, albeit funny to try once.

There was way more positive in that snippet than negative.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I never expected the game to not suffer from the same AI and clipping stuff. It's still abiding by modern consoles and that isn't something that is going to be fixed with all the stuff they have going on.

hlhbk

It would take a great deal of unoptimization to make your PC struggle at highest settings.
Ubi won't go all out with DX11 (personnally besides tessellation and global illumination I'm not expecting anything) and while other enhancements are likey I can't see AC 3 wrecking your PC.

You're good to go.

How about 2600K and a gtx 570?

tumblr_m5466tG7lK1qg3qzu.gif

THE MEMORIES

Tess3ract

Banned
Sounds like ACR to me.

This all sounds rather disappointing. Seems like ACIII is still struggling with the same problems it has always been struggling with.. AI, clipping, horse riding, camera issues. Add to that the pathfinding issues with the trees and the non-clear pathways on stone walls.

Also - the bait problem sounds pretty terrible, albeit funny to try once.
It's like ubisoft is trying to make this their version of COD, just keep pushing out shit and don't actually fix anything.

Assassin's Creed III Theme Cut Version (Soundtrack available on Itunes on October 30th.)
Composed by: Lorne Balfe
Click Here

Good stuff, reminds me of a sped up version of the Last of the Mohicans theme.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
microsoft should take a page from UBI security, the game is 6 days from release and amazingly enough the game has not been leaked, good job.... i guess......

Eideka

Banned
How about 2600K and a gtx 570?

A GTX 570 is not less powerful than a GTX 580 by a huge margin so you should be fine.

I'm reposting the graph :

geforce-gtx-650-ti-performance-comparison-chart.png

Given that a GTX 570 is more powerful than a GTX 650Ti there should be no problems.
Ok that was medium settings but the build is not finalized yet.

Tiamant

Oh well, what do you know, Assassins Creed already available in Spain (FNAC) :)

EDIT: and GAME too, aparently all comes from the tv ad which says "already available"

Tess3ract

Banned
Joke post? There's hunting in ACR? Tree climbing?
What about the Homestead? Never knew that was in ACR too.

???
There have been enormous gameplay improvements from game to game.
There's been gameplay improvements?

Yeah from AC1 to AC2/ACB (which are pretty much the same game all things considered.

ACR did what...added ability to make bombs? More on rails shit? No thanks.

Muffdraul

So far the worst AC3 criticism I'm hearing is that it's not as different from previous ACs as we were lead to believe. Oh noes, so it's very similar to some of my most favorite games this gen? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how dreadful.

Derrick01

Banned
So far the worst AC3 criticism I'm hearing is that it's not as different from previous ACs as we were lead to believe. Oh noes, so it's very similar to some of my most favorite games this gen? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how dreadful.

You don't care at all that 5 games in, a game that took 3 years to make on a revamped engine and was marketed as a big step forward in features, is too much of the same as the last 3 games? Why not play the last 3 games then?

iNvid02

the french always get games early, every french guy on my friends list is playing the next COD at least 2-3 days early.

THE FRENCH ARE COMING, HIDE
KuGsj.gif

t-ramp

Not sure why people waste time hating on AC when it's clearly established its gameplay and narrative style at this point. Obviously Ubisoft isn't going to radically change the mechanics when so many people love the games and how they play.

Yeah from AC1 to AC2/ACB (which are pretty much the same game all things considered.

There are changes from game to game. Am i going to go into them all? No, because it seems you already made up your mind about the game.

Muffdraul

You don't care at all that 5 games in, a game that took 3 years to make on a revamped engine and was marketed as a big step forward in features, is too much of the same as the last 3 games? Why not play the last 3 games then?

I care about having fun when I play video games. AC delivers fun straight to my door. Far more so than certain other games... like, say, Deus Ex HR or Dishonored. Fucking snoozefests they are. Seriously dude, I know from reading your posts over time that you and I look for very different things in our games.

So far every AC has added to the formula, enough to make the experience familiar yet fresh at the same time. I expect AC3 will be no different.

Derrick01

Banned

Best thing about ACR is the hookblade and how it sped up travel and climbing. Hopefully 3 has something like it. If any of these bad features like tower defense or destroying enemy towers in each area make it and an actual good upgrade doesn't it'll be upsetting.

Muffdraul said:
I know from reading your posts over time that you and I look for very different things in our games.

Yes we do apparently. Are you a fan of dynasty warriors too?

Its almost like you haven't played them. Smh

Best thing about ACR is the hookblade and how it sped up travel and climbing. Hopefully 3 has something like it. If any of these bad features like tower defense or destroying enemy towers in each area make it and an actual good upgrade doesn't it'll be upsetting.

Yes we do apparently.

I think he just uses his Axe now.

Tess3ract

Banned

Yes we do apparently.
But...I liked sneaking into areas and destroying the towers. It was badass!

Its almost like you haven't played them. Smh
Yep I haven't beaten the games which I'm talking about. Not at a-

iFJPR3nRhfU8Q.png

Oh.

Because I've already played those three games, and I want more of that amazingness.

Irish

I'd say each AC seems more like a sequel than any other sequel ever. Most sequels feel like exact retreads where the only real difference between 1 and 2 are maybe one or two added moves and some graphical polish. Even the settings and stories are eerily reminiscent across multiple games in a series.

I seriously think the only thing people ever look at is time between releases. Hey guys! This is the exact same game, but we waited four years to release it. Awesome fucking sequel, bro!

There is a very clear AC gameplay style and it is one they simply aren't going to change (at least this generation) because it is part of what makes the series what it is. People looking for something completely different had some wild expectations. I don't even know why you'd be interested in an AC game if you don't really like the way they play.

Now, am I saying that the series should never change anything ever? Not at all. I just believe that there are certain core elements that should only be tweaked and not completely changed.

Side note: I see that Polish writer is one of those people with character control issues. That has always been something that has seemed completely odd to me. How do people struggle so much simply moving there character around? It's never really been an issue for me in any game. I go where I want to go. Now, my decisions aren't always the greatest, but my fuckups are entirely my own and I never feel like my character just jumped off a building or stumbled around simply by his own accord.

exYle

Comparing it CoD, though? Each CoD has a two year dev cycle and yet each AC from 2 to Rev feels fresher and more different from each other than any of those games released in the same timeframe (MW2, BO, and MW3), and I'm willing to bet that the leap from ACRev -> AC3 will be much greater from MW3 -> BO2.

seat

How bad are the spoilers in that 22-minute Assassin's Creed 3 opening video that's been going around? I'm finding it hard to resist watching it.

How bad are the spoilers in that 22-minute Assassin's Creed 3 opening video that's been going around? I'm finding it hard to resist watching it.

It's the beginning of the game. And something is shown that has not been revealed or talked about really whatsoever.....So yeah, SPOILERS.

conman

There have been some big improvements and refinements from game to game. Aside from the lack of story, ACR is the best the series has ever been.

If you think that bombs were the only improvement, clearly you didn't spend much time with the game. Many of the improvements were minor, but there were so many of them that they added up to a very large makeover for the better. I was skeptical of ACR at first, but it won me over big time. 33 hours later, I'd completed all of the singleplayer achievements (and never had to do more than the first tower defense BTW).

Regardless, if AC3 were "just like ACR" but with an actual story, I'd be stoked. But knowing the consistent mechanical and design improvements from game to game, I expect AC3 to be truly impressive.

Curufinwe

There have been some big improvements and refinements from game to game. Aside from the lack of story, ACR is the best the series has ever been.

If you think that bombs were the only improvement, clearly you didn't spend much time with the game. Many of the improvements were minor, but there were so many of them that they added up to a very large makeover for the better. I was skeptical of ACR at first, but it won me over big time. 33 hours later, I'd completed all of the singleplayer achievements (and never had to do more than the first tower defense BTW).

Regardless, if AC3 were "just like ACR" but with an actual story, I'd be stoked. But knowing the consistent mechanical and design improvements from game to game, I expect AC3 to be truly impressive.

I agree. ACR was the best, so long as you played it right and avoided the tower defense crap.

Thanks. I'll stop myself for now, but it'll be a real challenge to restrain myself this week!

Yep....I didn't have the willpower.

I dug ACR, but thought ACB was the best game all around. I didn't like how they changed the secondary weapon button. Also the hookblade was sweet, but I didn't like how they assigned it to the B/O button. Just with my playstyle, I would use the tackle to jump off buildings quickly while still maintaining your momentum. It tackle was still in there, but it became harder to pull off. A lot of the time when you would be sprinting towards the ledge of a building and looked down at the crowd with the camera and hit B/O, Ezio would instead do the ledge grab with the hookblade. I think the underground levels in ACB were better also, and the davinci's invention missions were freaking amazing.

I did love being able to play Altair again in ACR. I am glad they took the time to update his model, instead of just throwing in the same model from the first game like they did in AC2 and ACR.

Top Bottom