• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Bladenic

Wonder what kind of reviews this game will get. Seems so far there've been two camps, AC2 and B getting really positive reviews, and 1 and R getting lower scores around the 80% range.

Tess3ract

Banned
OMG John de Lancie does the voice acting for Desmond's
father

That's a purchase. Game could be shit but john de lancie
emot-swoon.gif

IMO:

AC2 = 3/5
ACB = 4/5
AC1 = 1/5

They might have been 1 point higher but each game has awful awful shamefully made endings.

Lingitiz

So excited for this game, but the wait for the PC version is gonna be painful. Gonna go ahead and finally play Revelations I guess.

conman

I think the underground levels in ACB were better also, and the davinci's invention missions were freaking amazing.
The dungeons that did exist in ACR were great, but there were only two IIRC. And ACB had the advantage of simply having more content (more tombs, more puzzles, more missions, etc). But ACR had the advantage of having refined combat/movement mechanics and overall design (missions, city, stealth, etc), and part of that might be because there was less to focus on improving.

Wonder what kind of reviews this game will get. Seems so far there've been two camps, AC2 and B getting really positive reviews, and 1 and R getting lower scores around the 80% range.
I'd say AC2 and ACB got strong reviews, while AC1 and ACR got divided reviews. My thinking is that it has to do with how patient players are and how "experimental" (with combat, exploration, stealth) those players like to be. More patient and exploration-minded players probably prefer AC1 and ACR. Folks who just want to jump in and kill dudes probably prefer AC2 and ACB. Just a guess, though, based on my own tastes. Also, ACR got unfairly knocked for its admittedly terrible den defense. I say "unfairly" because those den defense sequences are incredibly easy to avoid, and it takes some serious neglect and balls-to-the-wall impatience to make them happen.

Regardless, I think they're all four fantastic games.

Just booted up Uplay to play some ACR and noticed that they have the Uplay rewards listed for AC3. Some unlocks are, Upgrade to Conner's tool pouches and Ezio's Brotherhood outfit.

lantus

Soo if I haven't played Revelations, will I be totally lost going into this? I've played all the others, but skipped Revelations. I'm thinking about picking it before my eventual run through of III, but if I'm not missing out on much then I'd rather not go out to get it.

I don't even remember anything about Revelations as I don't think it advanced anything. It was all about dat hookblade.

Meet subject 16's avatar in animus land
He is totally batshit insane
Shitty first person desmond crap
Ezio gets older, researches Altiar
Learn how to make useless bombs, also tower defense
Find out some more backstory shit about time traveling space assassins stuff
End.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Is that even making a return in this game? I haven't seen anything on it being included.

The tomahawk bro.

Derrick01

Banned
Meet subject 16's avatar in animus land
He is totally batshit insane
Shitty first person desmond crap
Ezio gets older, researches Altiar
Learn how to make useless bombs, also tower defense
Find out some more backstory shit about time traveling space assassins stuff
End.

The tomahawk bro.

So yeah basically nothing. Also the first person Desmond platforming stuff was brutally boring.

But I do have to question the tomahawk. How the hell do you climb buildings with a tomahawk? lol

So yeah basically nothing. Also the first person Desmond platforming stuff was brutally boring.

But I do have to question the tomahawk. How the hell do you climb buildings with a tomahawk? lol

You don't climb buildings with it. There was some footage shown of Conner using it to zipline down from a building that was blowing up. Looked like a cutscene. If it will be used in-game is yet to be seen.

here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgveaagBbEM&feature=player_detailpage#t=54s

Btw, watching that trailer again has be thinking... I don't think the voice actor for Conner is really that good. I hope that they weren't more worried about just finding an actor with Native American heritage instead of someone who could actually you know.....act.

Derrick01

Banned
You don't climb buildings with it. There was some footage shown of Conner using it to zipline down from a building that was blowing up. Looked like a cutscene. If it will be used in-game is yet to be seen.

I hope they have something to help with climbing because that's where the hookblade was best. It was like a double jump for climbing and I rarely had to slowly circle around buildings to find the next notch to keep going up.

I hope they have something to help with climbing because that's where the hookblade was best. It was like a double jump for climbing and I rarely had to slowly circle around buildings to find the next notch to keep going up.

ACB and AC2 had the gauntlet which was basically the same thing.

dreamfall

U-Play rewards look good! Nice to see they've carried on the tradition of playing in prior Assassin's robes. Should be awesome!

With a more concise op like this, I am actually MORE hyped for the game.

I'm not buying it day 1 though, 6 months it will be good and discounted on Steam.

Have fun.

If they don't have a zip line linking buildings together on a free run path, they could always just place a couple trees.

Is that video that leaked for the first twenty minutes still around anywhere? I wanna watch that, but I can't find it anywhere now. Kotaku had one listed that showed some Desmond gameplay, but that's been pulled too.

Lizardus

Whatever anyone says, if you played all the games since the series' start, revelations and the movie embers wrapped all that up very well. The ending to ACR is very emotional with what happens to Altair.

Best thing about ACR is the hookblade and how it sped up travel and climbing. Hopefully 3 has something like it. If any of these bad features like tower defense or destroying enemy towers in each area make it and an actual good upgrade doesn't it'll be upsetting.

Not from what I've seen after seven hours of gameplay. I really hope it shows up, since it added a lot to your arsenal of movement.

How bad are the spoilers in that 22-minute Assassin's Creed 3 opening video that's been going around? I'm finding it hard to resist watching it.

I would try to stay way from it, there's a cool early game twist they haven't communicated which I really enjoyed.

I really can't wait to talk about this game in detail next week. There's some important things to say before people play it.

hlhbk

Not from what I've seen after seven hours of gameplay. I really hope it shows up, since it added a lot to your arsenal of movement.

I would try to stay way from it, there's a cool early game twist they haven't communicated which I really enjoyed.

I really can't wait to talk about this game in detail next week. There's some important things to say before people play it.

That doesnt sound like a ringing endorsement. Should those of us who preordered be reconsidering?

That doesnt sound like a ringing endorsement. Should those of us who preordered be reconsidering?

Don't read that deep into it. It's more in the vein of the game has a certain tempo to it, and is very much slowly giving you more and more of its world and systems, and not dumping everything in your face in hour 1.

Linkified

Don't read that deep into it. It's more in the vein of the game has a certain tempo to it, and is very much slowly giving you more and more of its world and systems, and not dumping everything in your face in hour 1.

Great news then, when most open world give you all its systems so quickly, otherwise I tend to become bored rather quick.

hlhbk

Oh ok cool! It sounds a lot like AC 2 in that regard then. You were several hours in before everything was unleashed. Are you able to speak about how long the game is before the embargo is up?

Oh ok cool! It sounds a lot like AC 2 in that regard then. You were several hours in before everything was unleashed. Are you able to speak about how long the game is before the embargo is up?

I would think that falls into review category, plus I'm not done with it yet anyways.

CrazyDude

Main game is 10 to 12 hours, that's if you only do the main story.

That is dissapointing. I thought they said at Comic con 20-25 for the main story and double that if you do all side quests?

To be honest, putting a number on a game length is always insanely difficult. The developers number could be a average of all playtesters combined, or a estimate based on previous games or something entirely different.

The same with a person outside the development team saying "it took me this long", because everyone has a different way to do a mission, and how you play affect how long it takes and also player skill.

I watched the intro video that shows Desmond parts and I am glad they changed his look from the Adam Sandler looking model from Revelations.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I watched the intro video that shows Desmond parts and I am glad they changed his look from the Adam Sandler looking model from Revelations.

He still looks terrible. So glad this will be the last game with Desmond.

Ok people, I can confirm that here in Spain some stores are selling the game, a friend and my cousin have already the game. You know the drill, beware of spoilers. I actually ordered the game from Amazon UK, so I'll have to wait
but this weekend I'm playing the game in my friend's house
:3

Top Bottom