• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Colocho

Banned
I've played and finished 1, 2 and BroHood. Should I play Revelations even though it wasn't really praised by neither critics or GAF, if I want to play and enjoy this one? or is this more of a departure from the whole Desmond/Altair/Ezio affair and it's more of a new series so to speak? I haven't kept up with AC3 info since the first few batch of screens/vids so I'm totally clueless (and I plan to keep it that way).

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
What the fuck, this is already coming out? I've been holding off the previous one thinking I'll have plenty of time catching up for this one.

Oh man, Is Revelations worth the time? Played the other ones and loved them, but I was afraid to jump into this one and get burned out.

Derp, didn't read the posts above mine.

Jb

I've played and finished 1, 2 and BroHood. Should I play Revelations even though it wasn't really praised by neither critics or GAF, if I want to play and enjoy this one? or is this more of a departure from the whole Desmond/Altair/Ezio affair and it's more of a new series so to speak? I haven't kept up with AC3 info since the first few batch of screens/vids so I'm totally clueless (and I plan to keep it that way).

Nah you're good. I played this summer and enjoyed it while it lasted (it's pretty short), but there's nothing in there that warrants a purchase for anyone's who's not a die hard AC fan.

Plus you'll get burned out when AC3 comes out next week.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

I wouldn't bother, but you should check out the ending on youtube because its awesome.

I've been obsessed with figuring out the pronunciation of "Ratonhnhaké:ton" is Ra-doon-ha-kay-doon correct?

The main portion of Assassin's Creed III will be set before, during and after the American Revolution from 1753 to 1783,[11] featuring a new protagonist: half-English and half-Native American, Connor Kenway, birth name Ratonhnhaké:ton (pronounced "Ra-doon-ha-gay-doon")

that is from the wikipedia page.

Great OP.

Can't believe this is coming so soon. I've got Revelations and I haven't even started it yet.

If you stick to all the story stuff, it can easily be beaten in a weekend. I would recommend it if you already have it.

MYeager

So you want to skillfully jump from branch to branch like a platformer and probably fall and die when you miss?

That's exactly what I want. I like my games interactive and hearing how the free running controls have been boiled down to just holding a shoulder button has hurt my interest in the game. I was hyped, but after hearing this I'm waiting for impressions and the inevitable Ubisoft price drop.

CrazyDude

That's exactly what I want. I like my games interactive and hearing how the free running controls have been boiled down to just holding a shoulder button has hurt my interest in the game. I was hyped, but after hearing this I'm waiting for impressions and the inevitable Ubisoft price drop.

You don't know how unfun that would be.

Spazznid

AC I - Hold RT + A (RT + X)
AC II - Hold RT + A (RT + X)
AC:B - Hold RT + A (RT + X)
AC:R - Hold RT + A (RT + X)

AC III - ?

I think you're expecting a different game...

exYle

The "auto free-run" in the game already has quite a few frustrations in it. Adding more control is usually great, but in this case it comes with its own set of complications and limitations.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Tree leaves and fire effects kinda look bad...

Having watched quite a few trailers at this point, I feel comfortable saying that a lot of things look bad in this game when you see them in slow motion, which they seem intent on doing for every trailer. The framerate is already iffy, and then they just lower it further. The character animation is generally the strongest element but there are other things that seem a tad janky for such a high-budget game.

Also, "this land can offer something else than pain." Is "else than" a legitimate phrasing in UK English, because it sure as shit isn't okay in AMERICA. (or is it? I've never heard that shit said by anyone literate. but I could be totally wrong.)

Pimpbaa

Oh man, Is Revelations worth the time? Played the other ones and loved them, but I was afraid to jump into this one and get burned out.

That's exactly what happened to me, I was playing Revelations and just gave up on the game. Was just totally burnt out on Ezio and the series in general. Although Assasin's Creed III looks different enough for me to get interested in the series again.

K.Sabot

The song choice for their trailers / commercials has been less than stellar.

Not as bad as Dragon Age Origins, but close.

Soi-Fong

Oh... So only the console versions come out next week. Will wait for the PC version and hopefully GMG does their crazy awesome deals again.

Draconian

Essentially,
It confirms that Lucy was a Templar double agent all along. Vidic knew all along about Lucy's private conversations with Desmond during AC1, and Abstergo arranged Desmond's escape.

HAHAHAHAHA. The only thing stopping me from being angry right now is that I don't care about Desmond's story at all anyway, but that's a joke, made all the more trollworthy by it being done in DLC.

Tess3ract

Banned
Video with ALTAIR, EZIO, The PRINCE, CONNORS, AVELINE and... check it out!

ASSASSIN'S CREED: THE MESSAGE OF TIME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunScywmPm4
That's 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

It's pretty good for an amateur video however lemme rip you a new one:

Sound effects were terrible, the cinematography was terrible, the music choices was cliche, and the animation was awkward the progression of the "story" was unbelievable. It was absurd. Half the video was dedicated to showing something you could have instead just displayed in a picture. At one point I went (in reference to the device on his back) "if that's a gun, I'm going to punch someone..." and it was a gun. 2014 but still, no.

In reference to the cinematography, the whole hallway scene doesn't really lend itself to good action displays unless you're trying to do an entire slowmo 300 scene (which is basically what you did) except it didn't make it badass, it looked retarded. Why would Altair fight his descendant and other assassins anyways? Just because of "what if?" No.

In fact, I actually liked the ending part more because the animation was more fluid, but it was still extremely blocky. When you're moving around, and then you stop, your whole body doesn't stop everything. Parts of you move in other places, your body weight shifts, clothes move. The section of the dance with the camera focused on the head was good, but the legs man. It was like their whole bodies were doing the Robot, it's unnatural.

Camera angles were basic but effective in places in the dance.

Also that was way more time and words I ever want to spend critiquing someone's youtube video again.

That's 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

It's pretty good for an amateur video however lemme rip you a new one:

Sound effects were terrible, the cinematography was terrible, the music choices was cliche, and the animation was awkward the progression of the "story" was unbelievable. It was absurd. Half the video was dedicated to showing something you could have instead just displayed in a picture. At one point I went (in reference to the device on his back) "if that's a gun, I'm going to punch someone..." and it was a gun. 2014 but still, no.

In reference to the cinematography, the whole hallway scene doesn't really lend itself to good action displays unless you're trying to do an entire slowmo 300 scene (which is basically what you did) except it didn't make it badass, it looked retarded. Why would Altair fight his descendant and other assassins anyways? Just because of "what if?" No.

In fact, I actually liked the ending part more because the animation was more fluid, but it was still extremely blocky. When you're moving around, and then you stop, your whole body doesn't stop everything. Parts of you move in other places, your body weight shifts, clothes move. The section of the dance with the camera focused on the head was good, but the legs man. It was like their whole bodies were doing the Robot, it's unnatural.

Camera angles were basic but effective in places in the dance.

Also that was way more time and words I ever want to spend critiquing someone's youtube video again.

Have you ever tried animating a character? It's fucking hard/time consuming. For one person to 'properly' animate that would take years.

The video looked like great previz work, could probably get a job easily with that (if he works on the cinematography some more).

Dmax3901

AC2 and Brohood on Steam for 75% off, own and played them both on 360 but it's so tempting... especially since my 360 got stolen.

Reckon I should double dip?

CrazyDude

HAHAHAHAHA. The only thing stopping me from being angry right now is that I don't care about Desmond's story at all anyway, but that's a joke, made all the more trollworthy by it being done in DLC.

It's not like it was out of the blue. The end of brotherhood made this clear as well.

Ahasverus

This tale just doesn't give me the same chills that AC2 gave me. Sorry.

Liberation on the other hand...

It's not like it was out of the blue. The end of brotherhood made this clear as well.
Hell no it didn't. I thought she was killed because she was not worthy or something. Juno didn't seem too sane to be honest.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah they didnt mention jack shit about the event at the end of Brotherhood. I just thought some freaky shit happened and that was the result.

Top Bottom