• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

jett

D-Member
Well, in that DLC for Revelations, you find out that
Lucy was a templar. She had turned on the assassins and was working with Vidic. Desmond's escape from Abstergo was all orchestrated to keep him on track, while Lucy was reporting those findings back to them.
In that context, it makes more sense that there aren't any tears being shed. I do agree that it was bullshit for them to put that story in DLC...really bad DLC at that.

That makes no sense, I bet any amount of money that wasn't part of Desilets's plan for the series.

iNvid02

throw some of the wads of cash you just earned off your biggest launch ever ubi, and bring back patrice. the timing is perfect

njean777

That makes no sense, I bet any amount of money that wasn't part of Desilets's plan for the series.

Makes perfect sense, you cannot trust women. It was an easy way out for the creators and just carries on the sentiment that gamers are all women hating males.

Bladenic

What about that doesn't make sense to you? She was originally an assassin btw.

I do wish we could have seen the creator's true vision though. As for Lucy, who knows? I'd wager her story was probably set from the beginning, but she was probably gonna be part of the whole trilogy until Kristen Bell decided to dip.

Makes perfect sense, you cannot trust women. It was an easy way out for the creators and just carries on the sentiment that gamers are all women hating males.

Uh...no. The actually reason given
was that she felt she had been abandoned by the assassins, left out in the cold at Abstergo. It's more a lazy spy trope than anything else
. Was it ever confirmed that Bell bounced? I mean, in that case it's not like they couldn't find another voice actor. They replaced the president in Splinter Cell with David Palmer for one outing.

Bladenic

Uh...no. The actually reason given
was that she felt she had been abandoned by the assassins, left out in the cold at Abstergo. It's more a lazy spy trope than anything else
. Was it ever confirmed that Bell bounced? I mean, in that case it's not like they couldn't find another voice actor. They replaced the president in Splinter Cell with David Palmer for one outing.

Lucy was modeled after Bell and she did the mocap too I think. She was irreplaceable really at that point.

ultron87

How do I get the third? It just says 'Attacked' on mine.

I believe I am in sequence 8.

This is a bug I've also run into. There is no caravan anywhere on the frontier to go save or anything like that. So I'm just permanently down to 2 slots with the third taken up by a perpetually attacked convoy.

ultron87

Good job Ubi!

Lol. Normally such a thing would really anger me since it slows down my economy which is one of my favorite parts of AC games, but in this there really isn't even that much to buy apart from ship upgrades.

However, I would like to have words with whoever designed the Convoy set up UI. Because god damnit.

Maybe they couldn't or didn't want to get her. But wasn't there some stuff in Brotherhood that suggested
she was a double agent? I distinctly remember her going missing during a segment of that game. And weren't there some mysterious emails?
And anyway Desilets was still there while Brotherhood's story was probably written right?

Bladenic

Lol. Normally such a thing would really anger me since it slows down my economy which is one of my favorite parts of AC games, but in this there really isn't even that much to buy apart from ship upgrades.

However, I would like to have words with whoever designed the Convoy set up UI. Because god damnit.

Yeah, the economy and purchasables are a big step back from 2/B IMO.

TripOpt55

I just dug into the naval missions for the first time and they are surprisingly fun. I also liked the first couple Captain Kidd missions a lot. Particularly the first one. I had been grabbing trinkets for no reason around the map just because I saw the icons and wanted to explore a bit and hey it actually had a purpose!

Maybe. They've changed the look of the characters so many times at this point that they probably could have gotten away with a "new Becky" Lucy.

With Revelations they recaptured Desmond's real face model, and I assume with AC3 they recaptured Rebecca and Shaun's face models as well. A lot of people say that Desmond's dad is the only one that looks good in the real world and its most likely because there was no "old" version of his face from previous games so people don't see him as being off.

Maybe they couldn't or didn't want to get her. But wasn't there some stuff in Brotherhood that suggested
she was a double agent? I distinctly remember her going missing during a segment of that game. And weren't there some mysterious emails?
And anyway Desilets was still there while Brotherhood's story was probably written right?
And that red trail when in eagle vision.

Wallachia

The first Assassin figure I might actually buy. Awesome:
http://www.sycocollectibles.com/content/connor-new-hero-ac3

Assassins-Creed-3-001-A.jpg

Carbonox

This Pivot thing is a load of bollocks. I can't find the other 3 in New York AT ALL and I've been riding around the entire city as best I can for about an hour. What a terribly pointless and completely irritating thing to throw in, especially when OTHER GAMERS control their placements. They could shove them in completely retarded places where it's impossible for me to know where.

Sigh.

MattDoza

Anyone know where to get Cow Hide? I want to craft this quiver but can't find any damn cow hide. And was warned of desycronization if I killed any of the cows in the Frontier.

Wallachia

I am in the middle of Seq 6 and just did the tea related mission. Before that, I spent 4 hours running around the woods hunting, and ambushing Brit convoys while rain and thunder boomed overhead. Also did some homesteading.

And you guys are whining and complaining about the little things. I don't get it. I am just an optimist I guess.

*Question: I figured out how to lay a heavy axe in someone's head (when you want to get rid of the damn thing). How do you get rid of a sword that you bought/equipped? Is the only way, to go and trade it in at your homestead? It just gets annoying to see those weapons clanging at your legs while running. You know?

TheChaos

My guess is Kristen Bell's contract was only for 3 games and they had to figure out a way to write her out of the story completely without having to pay money to use her again.

This Pivot thing is a load of bollocks. I can't find the other 3 in New York AT ALL and I've been riding around the entire city as best I can for about an hour. What a terribly pointless and completely irritating thing to throw in, especially when OTHER GAMERS control their placements. They could shove them in completely retarded places where it's impossible for me to know where.

Sigh.

They're really easy to find if you use the other pivots to triangulate their location.

Dave1988

Wallachia

*Question: I figured out how to lay a heavy axe in someone's head (when you want to get rid of the damn thing). How do you get rid of a sword that you bought/equipped? Is the only way, to go and trade it in at your homestead? It just gets annoying to see those weapons clanging at your legs while running. You know?

Irish

Well, you may have to equip a heavy axe instead and get rid of it, since they take the same slot if I remember correctly.

Maddocks

dat pivot thing.

I have no idea what im doing with it lol I put it in 3 locations in boston and.....nothing.....so i ignored it and started running around collecting feathers in the frontier and ended up running into a pivot randomly.

any tips on how to find pivots easier then setting them up at all corners of the map?

Wallachia

Well, you may have to equip a heavy axe instead and get rid of it, since they take the same slot if I remember correctly.

Thanks. Going to try that creative idea.

PS. Anyone actually GOOD at those Mills games? I stick with Checkers for now. lol. Love those additions though, and the music/banter in the background while you play them.

kaioshade

Got to play a bit of the game and went to get the digital version. Not happening. Sony PSN keeps timing out and there is no background download of this title. Joy.

Top Bottom