• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Noi

8162649949_ac8b52fce9_c.jpg

I may as well get it out of my system. Spoiler has some caps and a lot of swears.

FUCK. I try this section of the game which the most GOD DAMN OP set of wolves that can pounce on you and make you fail the QTE faster than any mother fucking wolf in the game, and when I finally manage to nail two of the fuckers, the last one BUGS OUT ON ME? If this wasn't the digital version, I would be god damn chucking the disc out the fucking WINDOW right now. This is the kind of bullshit that just outright takes me out of the game and makes me want to break things.

Sigh. This god damn game.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I may as well get it out of my system. Spoiler has some caps and a lot of swears.

FUCK. I try this section of the game which the most GOD DAMN OP set of wolves that can pounce on you and make you fail the QTE faster than any mother fucking wolf in the game, and when I finally manage to nail two of the fuckers, the last one BUGS OUT ON ME? If this wasn't the digital version, I would be god damn chucking the disc out the fucking WINDOW right now. This is the kind of bullshit that just outright takes me out of the game and makes me want to break things.

I couldn't even kill them via the QTE, ended up just shooting them. This game is such a pain the ass at times.

I rarely post but I just have to for this. It's a bit hard to explain effectively what happened because I couldn't believe my eyes.

As I watch my brother play, he's wondering how to take this guard off a cliff. The game positions him just out of reach of being grabbed and thrown off it. So he's getting fussy and hammering the button.

The guard turns and I guess he was in range for just a slight second, Connor reaches up to grab the guy, as the game tries to sync the animation it pushes me up toward him to make up for the difference but said guy gets out of range for the animation to play correctly and as such THROWS Connor flying straight up into the air, super jump style.

Simply amazing.

MattDoza

I rarely post but I just have to for this. It's a bit hard to explain effectively what happened because I couldn't believe my eyes.

As I watch my brother play, he's wondering how to take this guard off a cliff. The game positions him just out of reach of being grabbed and thrown off it. So he's getting fussy and hammering the button.

The guard turns and I guess he was in range for just a slight second, Connor reaches up to grab the guy, as the game tries to sync the animation it pushes me up toward him to make up for the difference but said guy gets out of range for the animation to play correctly and as such THROWS Connor flying straight up into the air, super jump style.

Simply amazing.

I had a similar occurrence while scaling a building in NY. Connor seemed like he was slingshot straight up. As he fell I was just saying to myself "please don't let the fall damage kill him." He survived.

emag

End Spoils:

"Still, you have made a difference, and will do so again."

Assassin's Creed 3: Brotherhood confirmed!

Isn't she just talking about 1. the American Revolution (where Connor has already made a difference) and 2. the Desmond story (where Connor's contributions will make a difference)?

I suppose there could be some post-game-DLC/spin-off/sequel with Connor taking a strong abolitionist stand, but slavery wasn't abolished (in the USA) until 1865, so I'm not sure how Connor can make much of a difference there.

DotComa

Just found out that if you hold Y while shooting an arrow, the arrow will go through bodies. You can kill multiple guards with just one shot

Irish

Air assassinate each one. I think it's the only way to get the optional objective credit. There's a slanted log right by where they come from that you can use. Oh, by the way, the air assassination won't technically register, so you have to hit the button again after you slam into the ground right next to them.

---

A lot of the optional objectives were pretty fucking buggy this time around, but I still managed to get the perfectionist trophy the first time around.

Noi

Air assassinate each one. I think it's the only way to get the optional objective credit. There's a slanted log right by where they come from that you can use. Oh, by the way, the air assassination won't technically register, so you have to hit the button again after you slam into the ground right next to them.

Yeah, I ended up doing just that. Utterly ridiculous that it had to happen to begin with, but what can you do.

Bladenic

Sequence 9, doing the collectathon in New York. Won't be moving the story forward anytime soon, still have tons of naval missions to do and feather collecting in the Frontier.

Noi

Later homestead mission spoiler:
I love that Achiles is at the wedding even though in the sequence I'm at, I just told him off and left the manor.
KuGsj.gif

Irish

You know, I really loved the whole Homestead concept. I kind of wish that had played a much bigger focus in the overall story. I definitely believe it could have been a lot more cohesive that way.

You know, I really loved the whole Homestead concept. I kind of wish that had played a much bigger focus in the overall story. I definitely believe it could have been a lot more cohesive that way.

I'm really enjoying the homestead stuff, some of the missions are fetch quests but some quite interesting. I'm only up to sequence 7 though.

Later homestead mission spoiler:
I love that Achiles is at the wedding even though in the sequence I'm at, I just told him off and left the manor.
KuGsj.gif

Well the missions aren't chronological for homestead things. Essentially when You/Desmond starts a mission, the animus projects the point of time in which that mission takes place no matter what has happened before.

Noi

Unlocked the
Captain Kidd
outfit. I wouldn't mind using this as a replacement for the no Naval mission outfit if it weren't for the powdered wig, yuck.

Well the missions aren't chronological for homestead things. Essentially when You/Desmond starts a mission, the animus projects the point of time in which that mission takes place no matter what has happened before.

Haha, I'm aware. Just found it amusing cause a lot of stuff, if done immediately as it opens up, has a hard time matching up to the game's current set of events, that one included.

jett

D-Member
Made it to chapter 5. Last two chapters have been completely fantastic, it feels like I'm playing a different game. The frontier and homestead looks great and runs really smoothly, over 30fps even. That Kenway crap went on for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, the end of chapter 3 took me by surprise, though. That was...weird to say the least, not sure how it even makes sense, but we'll see.

Noi

The guard outfit Connor wears in Sequence 09 is better than nearly all the outfits you can unlock in the game. Is it such a sin in this game to want to dress like a normal colonist in Colonial America?

Okay, beat the game. In all, even though it is EXTREMELY unbalanced, I really warmed up to it and and really enjoyed it. I even started to really like Connor at the end. I'll definitely mess around and go for some collectibles.

End Talk:

First, wtf happened to
Achilles
. I mean, I know
he dies
, but did I just miss that cutscene somehow??

Second,
so did the solar flair happen? And did something, somehow, block it? I thought they never found a solution to stop it.

Third,
what are Pivots? Does it matter if I find them?

Also, it was really stupid to show the last half of the ending with credits rolling over it. Come on now.

With that said, I thought the
full circle
concept was super neat. I could have been more fleshed out, but I really enjoyed it.

Did the final Homestead missions for Achilles. That was touching. Makes Connor's obsessiveness in the final sequences make a lot more sense.

Also finished collecting all the collectables. Nice to have Connor's native outfit on. Feels very fitting in the homestead missions.

Going to do the naval missions next but I need to upgrade the ship. I suppose I should trade a lot of bear pelts to New York for money?

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay, beat the game. In all, even though it is EXTREMELY unbalanced, I really warmed up to it and and really enjoyed it. I even started to really like Connor at the end. I'll definitely mess around and go for some collectibles.

End Talk:

First, wtf happened to
Achilles
. I mean, I know
he dies
, but did I just miss that cutscene somehow??

Second,
so did the solar flair happen? And did something, somehow, block it? I thought they never found a solution to stop it.

Third,
what are Pivots? Does it matter if I find them?

Also, it was really stupid to show the last half of the ending with credits rolling over it. Come on now.

With that said, I thought the
full circle
concept was super neat. I could have been more fleshed out, but I really enjoyed it.

Chronologically speaking it's messed up, but it will happen eventually if you keep playing. It seems the Homestead area exists in its own timeline of sorts.
It did, causing the worldwide aurora. Satellites were reported damaged or destroyed because they were outside the shield. Desmond touching the orb basically powered the shield. I guess, in all fairness that entire cutscene made me scratch my head. For something they've been working towards for 5 games it felt super rushed and not all that thought out.
Pivots are basically cheats to hack the Animus. There are 10 pivots total, each will unlock a cheatcode. To find them, you triangulate them using the pivots you already own. Be wary though that by putting them down, they are gone from your inventory so you have to pick them up again. The search goes through the map submenu. You activate them through an options submenu of the start menu.

Made it to chapter 5. Last two chapters have been completely fantastic, it feels like I'm playing a different game. The frontier and homestead looks great and runs really smoothly, over 30fps even. That Kenway crap went on for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, the end of chapter 3 took me by surprise, though. That was...weird to say the least, not sure how it even makes sense, but we'll see.

Talk to Shaun.

Bladenic

I finished the Brawler fights and it told me to go back to the brewery but there's no icon on the map for it and I have no clue where the brewery is. Help?

Edit: Nevermind found a YouTube video

SJRB

Gold Member
Does Norris have diarrhea? cause he won't come out of the outhouse

You're supposed to talk to him while he's in there. My guess is it was supposed to be a funny little dialogue but it comes off as extremely awkward haha.

Anyway, that particular part is often bugged, if the prompt does not appear you have to reload the checkpoint.

I was climbing up an elevator shaft and threw one guard down, and the other guards were blocking me from jumping up and out the elevator shaft door....so I kept moving and spamming the attack button aaaaand I went bonkers and ended up trapped at the top of the door and the rest of the guards all fell down like lemmings to their death lol

Got the Platinum trophy.

Overall, it's a great game, but about 50% of the stuff required to get 100% completion was a pain in the ass and not fun at all. I think I would have liked the game a lot more if that content just plain wasn't there. It could have just been naval missions and main missions and I'd be happy.

-The main missions were a mix of terrible, amazing, and "just okay".

-The naval missions were all good, some of them GREAT. Nothing in this game is better than captaining the Aquila, NOTHING.

-I liked the Desmond stuff, but I wish he had more than 3 missions with more variety to them.

-The multiplayer is still great, and an upgrade over the last iteration, I'll probably be playing the multiplayer more and for a long time. It's awesome!

-There were way too many bugs

-It's the most inconsistent AC yet.

So I'd rate them like this:

ACBro > AC2 = AC3 > ACRev > AC1

Unfortunately I'm kinda disappointed because I was so hyped I went in thinking it would be AC3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> all the others. Oh well

Carbonox

They're really easy to find if you use the other pivots to triangulate their location.

Yeah but in New York I only have one pivot so I can't narrow down anything without a second. The game told me it's discovered the other 3 in New York but I can't find a single one. So fucking dumb.

Yeah but in New York I only have one pivot so I can't narrow down anything without a second. The game told me it's discovered the other 3 in New York but I can't find a single one. So fucking dumb.

You have other pivots elsewhere, right? Go into your map and pick up those pivots that you aren't using so that you can place them in NY.

Kiraly

How did Brotherhood play on PS3? Goddamn AC itch now, did finish it once on the pc but that was because Rev was coming out and I had to quickly wrap it up

Eideka

Banned

I've worked at some very big retailers in my country and we were delivered only 48 hours before the release date (to avoid copies being stolen for instance).

When I pre ordered my copy the chick told me that I could retrieve my game only 24 hours before the official launch date because they were not delivered sooner.

nOoblet16

I am honestly surprised by how much clipping there is in the game, for such a polished game you'd think they'd atleast care about it especially when it happens on the main character's main outfit.

Haytham's robe clips through the horse when he's riding one, regardless of the horse running or walking...and it's not a small clipping but rather 1/4th of his entire robe clips. Desmond's hoodie jacket clips through the center of his backpack and it happens everytime he's walking...very jarring to see.

Noi

I am honestly surprised by how much clipping there is in the game, for such a polished game you'd think they'd atleast care about it especially when it happens on the main character's main outfit.

Haytham's robe clips through the horse when he's riding one, regardless of the horse running or walking...and it's not a small clipping but rather 1/4th of his entire robe clips. Desmond's hoodie jacket clips through the center of his backpack and it happens everytime he's walking...very jarring to see.

Don't forget Connor's bowstring clipping into his clothes no matter what the outfit.

Also, people will contest you over "for such a polished game". I know I do. :p

nOoblet16

Don't forget Connor's bowstring clipping into his clothes no matter what the outfit.

Also, people will contest you over "for such a polished game". I know I do. :p

Even Connor's assassin outfit.
Well the game is technically polished cause so far I've had no bugs compared to AC2,ACB,ACR where I'd run into one every now and then. Bugs and glitches, especially the ones caused due to physics are usual in sandbox games, but you'd think that they'd have put more effort in and atleast not have issues such as clipping occur on the main character's main outfit and gear.

Irish

You know what.... I think I am in love with the main theme. It just seemed to fit so perfectly, which is crazy based on how it sounds. In fact, I'm a lot fonder of the entire soundtrack after playing through the game.

noomi

alright, so I cave, as bad of some people make the game sound, i just love the AC series.

Will be buying on PC when it comes out, but I need my AC fix now!

So, should I be getting this for PS3 or the xbox360?

Irish

alright, so I cave, as bad of some people make the game sound, i just love the AC series.

Will be buying on PC when it comes out, but I need my AC fix now!

So, should I be getting this for PS3 or the xbox360?

You can wait for ten or so more days. It will be worth it.

With Revelations they recaptured Desmond's real face model, and I assume with AC3 they recaptured Rebecca and Shaun's face models as well. A lot of people say that Desmond's dad is the only one that looks good in the real world and its most likely because there was no "old" version of his face from previous games so people don't see him as being off.

The characters in 2 and Brotherhood also had a light cell-shaded, comic book feel to them, which gave them a different look.

Nori Chan

Just beat the game. Took me 14 hours and I have only done 45%. I am excited to finish everything I absolutely love this game and it is my favorite in the series.

Also multiplayer is going to keep me busy as I'm already level 43 :D

Top Bottom