• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Bladenic

Got all the feathers. The reward is cool but I won't be using it.

For the Brawler challenge that says to kill an enemy with every weapon, is that every single weapon in the game or just one of every type of weapon?

Isn't she just talking about 1. the American Revolution (where Connor has already made a difference) and 2. the Desmond story (where Connor's contributions will make a difference)?

I suppose there could be some post-game-DLC/spin-off/sequel with Connor taking a strong abolitionist stand, but slavery wasn't abolished (in the USA) until 1865, so I'm not sure how Connor can make much of a difference there.

Conner is sailing to France yo!

Yeah, did that last night. I thought it would be a different variation on the outfit, but nope...its just the same thing. Captain Kidd outfit would look cool if it wasn't for that freaking hat.

Bladenic

Conner is sailing to France yo!

Yeah, did that last night. I thought it would be a different variation on the outfit, but nope...its just the same thing. Captain Kidd outfit would look cool if it wasn't for that freaking hat.

Yeah not a fan of the hat either. I wore the Kidd one for a bit just for kicks but ill be going back to the classic soon.

Trying to get my last recruits and I think the liberation mission glitched for me in New York. It's the one where you have to pay off the citizens debt to the collector. I have 2/3 done and when I complete the third nothing happens and then shortly after the same liberation icon appears again on my map instead of the recruitment mission icon.

This makes me think that I will just wait to 100% the game till the PC version is released.

I have about 20 hours into this game. Why can't I send out my assassins on contract kills? When I hold L2 to bring up the menu, there are not any missions available, ever. What am I missing here?

Noi

For the Brawler challenge that says to kill an enemy with every weapon, is that every single weapon in the game or just one of every type of weapon?

Just one from each Normal, Blunt, Light, Heavy and Firearm categories.

Chapter 7 so far.... My god I'm hating my self so much for not getting myself into the game like I did with the rest of the series!!

AC is one of my favorite franchises in this generation... AC3 is a good game but I can't get into it :\

WHY?

Maybe because I miss the European cities and atmosphere?

ARRRRGGGHHHH... I want to get addicted to this game so bad but I can't and I'm not enjoying it as I should have :(

Chapter 7 so far.... My god I'm hating my self so much for not getting myself into the game like I did with the rest of the series!!

AC is one of my favorite franchises in this generation... AC3 is a good game but I can't get into it :\

WHY?

Maybe because I miss the European cities and atmosphere?

ARRRRGGGHHHH... I want to get addicted to this game so bad but I can't and I'm not enjoying it as I should have :(

Have you just recently played the previous games? This happened to me with Revelations, having played Brotherhood shortly before. Waiting a bit and then going back I ended up enjoying the game way more.

Or...you will never dig the setting. lol.

PowderedToast

playing the first AC again, pretty sure it looks better than this game - can't pinpoint why, it simply feels more expressive and professional in execution

Have you just recently played the previous games? This happened to me with Revelations, having played Brotherhood shortly before. Waiting a bit and then going back I ended up enjoying the game way more.

Or...you will never dig the setting. lol.

I got the Plat in ACR back in may... And haven't touched an AC game ever since.... I guess it's the setting and the atmospher :(

I just hope the ending is worth it.

playing the first AC again, pretty sure it looks better than this game - can't pinpoint why, it simply feels more expressive and professional in execution

???

Agree to disagree

I would love to see the series go back to the Crusades though. Especially with some of the updated mechanics. I can't see that happening though. Maybe a next-gen remake. lol.

RPG

One of each weapon type (normal, heavy, blunt, firearm), the hidden blades and then the consumables (poison darts, rope dart, trip mine).

Bladenic

Finished everything I can possibly do at this point except finding the fast travels in NY and the delivery missions. Loving the game. Now to continue the story finally.

Also I think it needs to be said again just how amazing the naval missions are. They are truly the best new addition to this game and a resounding success. They are also absolutely stunning, the water is the best this gen and fighting naval battles during a huge storm at night with massive rogue waves coming toward you is an absolutely breathtaking experience.

So yeah, this game rocks. Now if Ubisoft can be counted on to release patches that help alleviate some technical problems and whatnot, it would help the game truly be outstanding.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's seriously insane how many animations they gave connor. I was fighting near a wall and saw him do a kick off of it to leap at an enemy which played out very smoothly off a counter. Little things like taking a human shield with a large axe has him flip their body and hold them across the chest with the handle, etc. I also love that pose he makes when you idle in a v segment of a tree.

It's seriously insane how many animations they gave connor. I was fighting near a wall and saw him do a kick off of it to leap at an enemy which played out very smoothly off a counter. Little things like taking a human shield with a large axe has him flip their body and hold them across the chest with the handle, etc. I also love that pose he makes when you idle in a v segment of a tree.

I also like the little style vaults he will do if you approach a small obstacle like a fence or something and hold RT+A.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I also like the little style vaults he will do if you approach a small obstacle like a fence or something and hold RT+A.

Haha, I forgot to mention that. I love that too when you get a line of stumps leading to a fence, he even has a handful of variants on that.

Bladenic

Lmao the lip synching goes insane sometimes, and by that I mean Connor's lips move continuously even if he's speaking at a slower tone or takes a pause.

Quick story question, I feel like I must have not payed attention earlier or something.
Did Haytham know that Connor was his son before his mom left back to her village? Also, how does Haytham know that Connor goes by Connor? I mean I suppose that's explainable simply by him hearing of Connor. But then unless I missed something, Haytham hasn't seen Connor since he was little right? How does he know automatically that Connor is his son? I'm so confused. There were times when I didn't pay that much attention in cutscenes, I guess it's biting me in the ass now.

SJRB

Gold Member
When running,

X / A = vault over
O = B = slide under

Both moves are awesome additions and add some dynamic to the freerunning.

Where's all the people that said AC3 is "AMERICA FUCK YEA" the game? I've put a lot of time into this game and haven't really felt that... sometimes it feels the opposite. It just shows that it's all a mess and both sides have justifications ect. I'm really enjoying that part of the game though, how ambiguous it all is.
controversy time... whose got the best animations, Connor or Nathan Drake?

Nice question. I'm a disgustingly hardcore Uncharted fan and a ridicoulus Assassins Creed fan. But I really think Connor is the pinnacle of animation for this generation, I have no idea how they pack so much into his move set w/ such limited memory. Makes me question Biowares ability for not being able to include the unarmed Shepard animation set.

I discover new animations for connor every day. I just realized they have that animation for shallow water skipping; so cool!

Eideka

Banned
controversy time... whose got the best animations, Connor or Nathan Drake?

Connor.

I played all Uncharted games and the animations have not impressed me nearly as much as AC 3.

Connor's animation seems more fluid and detailed to me, Uncharted has nothing on Assassin's Creed regarding animations I think.

Kiraly

Where's all the people that said AC3 is "AMERICA FUCK YEA" the game? I've put a lot of time into this game and haven't really felt that... sometimes it feels the opposite. It just shows that it's all a mess and both sides have justifications ect. I'm really enjoying that part of the game though, how ambiguous it all is.

The constant ranting on the USA of Shaun almost feels like a message from the developers.

Connor.

I played all Uncharted games and the animations have not impressed me nearly as much as AC 3.

Connor's animation seems more fluid and detailed to me, Uncharted has nothing on Assassin's Creed regarding animations I think.

I wouldn't say nothing... they are still the masters of blending between unplayable to playable segments and animation on moving objects while maintaining complete control. I think AC3 does a really poor job of cinematic to gameplay blending (you dont have to fade to white every time Connor does an animation!!). But I agree that Connor is the victor in total animation set/fluidity.
The constant ranting on the USA of Shaun almost feels like a message from the developers.

Definitely. A lot more w/ his emails as well -- you can tell they added that in in regards to the complaints. But yea, the marketing of the game was much more America fuck yea then the game is even remotely. But that's just good marketing.

Also (this will probably be overlooked), is there any Trading/crafting secrets I should know? I just trade Bear/beaver pelts... is there any reason to crafting these random items? Minus the need to fill up shopping lists? And is it REALLY unnecessary to select individual pelts one by one when setting up your convoy? Is there really no AUTO FILL shortcut?

SELECT ADD ITEM > SCROLL TO CONOR > SELECT BEAVER PELT > SELECT NEWYORK GUY > REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT (AHH!!)

Eideka

Banned
I wouldn't say nothing... they are still the masters of blending between unplayable to playable segments and animation on moving objects while maintaining complete control. I think AC3 does a really poor job of cinematic to gameplay blending (you dont have to fade to white every time Connor does an animation!!). But I agree that Connor is the victor in total animation set/fluidity.

AC 3 does not contain as many cinematic sequences as UC 3. With this in mind I find very hard to really compare the two, Ubi could pull off something similar if the game was designed around moving platforms or scripted sequences. I don't downplay ND's talent when it comes to animation yet I genuinely believe Ubisoft has nothing to learn from them.

The way Connor moves and reacts dynamically to his environnement is absolutely stunning. In my opinion Uncharted's animation lack a sense of weight, I have the feeling sometimes that Drake is floating above the ground.

SJRB

Gold Member
AC 3 does not contain as many cinematic sequences as UC 3. With this in mind I find very hard to really compare the two, Ubi could pull off something similar if the game was designed around moving platforms or scripted sequences. I don't downplay ND's talent when it comes to animation yet I genuinely believe Ubisoft has nothing to learn from them.

The way Connor moves and reacts dynamically to his environnement is absolutely stunning. In my opinion Uncharted's animation lack a sense of weight, I have the feeling sometimes that Drake is floating above the ground.

I agree that Connor has the better animations simply because he has a much bigger moveslist. Even jumping through the trees alone requires an insane amount of animations, let alone the combat. Every weapon tier has its own set of moves, it's just bananas.

I love how Connor dodges trees and whatnot when you run past them, looks so cool. My favourite is actually when he's running through deep snow, it just looks so good. The animation team did a stunning job and deserve a medal or something.
It's too bad pretty much everyone else fucked up

Naite

Is there a list of all the farmers' activities for the encyclopedia? Mine's bugged at 3/3 and not completing so I'm scanning all the extras, but it feels like I've got them all.

Noi

Is there a list of all the farmers' activities for the encyclopedia? Mine's bugged at 3/3 and not completing so I'm scanning all the extras, but it feels like I've got them all.

From PS3T:

Blacksmith (Da):
Sharpening an axe on a grindstone
Fitting horseshoes
Using the furnace
Repairing a wagon wheel

Doctor (Ly):
Tending to the herbs behind his house
Reading on a tree stump
Playing bowls with one of the lumberers

Farmers (Pr & Wa):
Ploughing the field
Milking a cow
Cutting wheat
Pouring grain

Huntress (My):
Cleaning her musket
Spit roasting an animal
Firing her musket on the hunt

Innkeepers (Ol & Co):
Cutting meat
Turning the spit roast
Pitching hay with a fork
Watching the livestock grind wheat
Whipping a bull

Lumberers (Te & Go):
Both men sawing wood with a large saw
Chopping wood together
Loading wood onto a wagon

"I had the hardest time waiting for the lumberers to both use the saw for my final scan of them, but you are able to scan his wife (Di) using the butter churn as one"

Thanks to Bsfoerwgho for the tip.

Miner (No):
Lighting a lamp at the mine entrance
Mining with a pickaxe inside the mine
Panning for gold in the river

Tailor (El):
Examining a chair
Washing clothes
Taking a dress measurement
Sewing in a chair

Woodworker (La):
Checking the fence
Sanding a plank of wood
Sanding a chair
Writing in the logbook while doing an audit

Dmax3901

So I'm waiting for the PC version and in the meantime I'm playing through AC2 and Brohood again.

Got a couple of questions about AC3 and if the answers could be as spoiler-free as possible I'd appreciate it :)

1. Is there anything similiar to the glyph puzzles from AC2?

2. Is there anything like rebuilding Monteriggioni(sp) and Rome? A 'home base' sort of thing?

emag

So I'm waiting for the PC version and in the meantime I'm playing through AC2 and Brohood again.

Got a couple of questions about AC3 and if the answers could be as spoiler-free as possible I'd appreciate it :)

1. Is there anything similiar to the glyph puzzles from AC2?

2. Is there anything like rebuilding Monteriggioni(sp) and Rome? A 'home base' sort of thing?

1. No.
2. No. The Homestead system is entirely different.

Have you played Revelations? It may have been looked down upon as being too mechanically similar to Brotherhood (with a less compelling villain and tower defense minigame), but if you're down to replaying AC2/BH and haven't played Revelations, you're doing yourself a disservice.

Dmax3901

1. No.
2. No. The Homestead system is entirely different.

Have you played Revelations? It may have been looked down upon as being too mechanically similar to Brotherhood (with a less compelling villain and tower defense minigame), but if you're down to replaying AC2/BH and haven't played Revelations, you're doing yourself a disservice.

That's disappointing, ah well. I have played Revelations and enjoyed it for what it was, but felt it was a distinct plateau after the incrementally better Brohood.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
That kid from the thieves club that talks to you is creepy as hell.

Possible location spoilers below;
Can someone do me a favor? Go down into the
New York
underground and check one of the rooms where you jump around in the platforms to get to the other side (sorry for not being more descriptive). I'm getting some weird colors in those rooms around the water and I don't know if it's happening to everybody or just me and my PS3 GPU is giving up.

eagle884

Neo Member
That kid from the thieves club that talks to you is creepy as hell.

Possible location spoilers below;
Can someone do me a favor? Go down into the
New York
underground and check one of the rooms where you jump around in the platforms to get to the other side (sorry for not being more descriptive). I'm getting some weird colors in those rooms around the water and I don't know if it's happening to everybody or just me and my PS3 GPU is giving up.

That's been all over the place. The NY underground is totally broken, with 2 of the magic lantern puzzles being completely different than the clue they give you.

That's not the problem. I'm on PS3 and press "square" to bring it up, but there are none available. I think my game may be glitched..I'll take a photo when I get home.

This is what I mean; please excuse crappy cell phone images:

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

Why do I have a zero percent chance of winning?

This is pathetic. I spend the majority of my day doing Homestead missions and doing peoples shopping lists. Mean while my gf gave me a real shopping list that has been sitting in front of me all day... I haven't done it and the store closes soon.

Top Bottom