• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Irish

This is what I mean; please excuse crappy cell phone images:

IMAG0522.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

Why do I have a zero percent chance of winning?

That's not what that means. You have to select the mission first and then assign individual assassins to it. As you finish all the missions in each of the colonies, you'll unlock additional success percentage bonuses for missions in adjacent colonies.

That kid from the thieves club that talks to you is creepy as hell.

Possible location spoilers below;
Can someone do me a favor? Go down into the
New York
underground and check one of the rooms where you jump around in the platforms to get to the other side (sorry for not being more descriptive). I'm getting some weird colors in those rooms around the water and I don't know if it's happening to everybody or just me and my PS3 GPU is giving up.

Purple and Green Stripes? Happened for certain textures in the underground for me as well.

That's been all over the place. The NY underground is totally broken, with 2 of the magic lantern puzzles being completely different than the clue they give you.

Are you sure you're reading the clues correctly? Every single one matched for me.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Purple and Green Stripes? Happened for certain textures in the underground for me as well.

Yes! Glad to see I'm not the only one with it. Unless both our consoles are failing...

Bladenic

Jesus people weren't lying when they said ending was underwhelming. Awful, terrible ending. Comparisons to ME3 are apt, and I think it's way worse here. Better release that Extended Cut soon Ubisoft.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyone having this issue on PS3 where thin lines stretch out from the characters really fast?

edit: wow, mouths not even moving during cinematics, lol.

edit2: wow yeah weird ass colored-lines bug on the sails of the ship at the beginning. So many bugs already.

Someone who's done full synchronization for all the main missions, help me out please. I'm trying to do Sequence 11, mission 1 and I just don't get it.
It's the Chesapeke Bay mission. The first objective is to destroy three ships on one broadside. That just means destroy 3 ships on the same side, right? I've done this at least once, but every other time I try to do it, it doesn't register I guess?

And then the next objective is to destroy two ships powder kegs to blow them up. Well only one ship has an exposed powder keg, how do I get one of the other three to expose it? Just damage it? Cause when I do that I end up destroying them accidentally.

This is the last mission I have to do for the main story and it's infuriating.

I'm pretty upset I spent so much time collecting feathers for an outfit that was already worn in less than half the game.

Yes! Glad to see I'm not the only one with it. Unless both our consoles are failing...

I've seen this too. I guess its just missing textures, it way too much of a coincidence.

Brick

Hmm...Assassin's Creed 3 is no longer showing up on the coming soon section on the front page of steam, but the page for the game itself still shows November.

Has it always been this way or are looking at a possible delay for the PC version?

Irish

Someone who's done full synchronization for all the main missions, help me out please. I'm trying to do Sequence 11, mission 1 and I just don't get it.
It's the Chesapeke Bay mission. The first objective is to destroy three ships on one broadside. That just means destroy 3 ships on the same side, right? I've done this at least once, but every other time I try to do it, it doesn't register I guess?

And then the next objective is to destroy two ships powder kegs to blow them up. Well only one ship has an exposed powder keg, how do I get one of the other three to expose it? Just damage it? Cause when I do that I end up destroying them accidentally.

Are you actually destroying three ships with a single burst of cannon fire? For the second one, I think you may have to chain shot them first to get them to stop moving and then just keep rolling up right alongside them. You may have to shoot them a couple times with your swivel gun first or launch a single burst of round shot. Also, make sure you're waiting until the frigates themselves show up. That's what you have to do them on.

rdrr gnr

Try hitting (and destroying) three smaller ships at the same time for the first part. It's inconsistent, but once you get it, there is a check point. For the second requirement, you already recognize that a ship arrives damaged and you can instantly take it out with a precision hit. What you need to do is damage and directly ram another one of those more healthy ships (towards the front) to expose the kegs. Then get near and explode that barrel as well. This was the second hardest sync, after that fucking unbearable mission on those two ships previously.

aparisi2274

Question for gamers who are deep into the game, as I am still early on (Sequence 7)

do they have any sort of banking system in the game that mimics what was in the ACII series? I renovate a shop, and money gets deposited into my bank. I havent seen anything like that yet, and I am not sure how the best way to amass a small fortune in the game.

Anyone have any tips they could give? I'd really like to start upgrading my ship and my armor and stuff...

Phenomic

Question for gamers who are deep into the game, as I am still early on (Sequence 7)

do they have any sort of banking system in the game that mimics what was in the ACII series? I renovate a shop, and money gets deposited into my bank. I havent seen anything like that yet, and I am not sure how the best way to amass a small fortune in the game.

Anyone have any tips they could give? I'd really like to start upgrading my ship and my armor and stuff...

I'm on sequence 9 and I still have no clue how to make money in this game. Figured I would just beat it before I even got to any of that. I'm not a huge fan of hunting in real life and honestly it doesn't translate well to the game world with me.

Tips would be awesome.

pargonta

I'm on sequence 9 and I still have no clue how to make money in this game. Figured I would just beat it before I even got to any of that. I'm not a huge fan of hunting in real life and honestly it doesn't translate well to the game world with me.

Tips would be awesome.

i am also critical pathing it to finish the story, in sequence 7 right now bored out of my mind, but i believe the answer would be

-send your assassins out
-send out caravans with beaver pelts
-find all chests/do side missions for profit
-hunt/trade

there appears to be no easy way to make money. this different system is terrible, imo. so when people say "send out caravans", i'm like fuck no that shit is terrible.

but yeah

foxdvd

i am also critical pathing it to finish the story, in sequence 7 right now bored out of my mind, but i believe the answer would be

-send your assassins out
-send out caravans with beaver pelts
-find all chests/do side missions for profit
-hunt/trade

there appears to be no easy way to make money. this different system is terrible, imo. so when people say "send out caravans", i'm like fuck no that shit is terrible.

but yeah

best way if you don't want to hunt, make sure you do the homestead missions to upgrade your huntress to be able to hunt bear...have the ships....buy 10 bear and 10 beaver pelts...these items will be first on your list so you can quickly do this...and send them out...you will turn less if you hunted yourself, but still over 20,000 each trip and it takes all of 3 minutes to set up...

rdrr gnr

Tips would be awesome.

This game's economy is unfathomably stupid. But, I can give you some tips.

There will be an accounting book introduced to you at the Homestead. You can also access this book in stores. What you need to do is either buy (stockpile) or make (craft) high-value items. Once you have attained these items, add them to the convoy (third option in the accounting book) and sell them at a profit. So far the most profitable thing for you will be selling pelts. If you have enough money to buy pelts then you are fine -- but dedicate an hour or two to hunting to give yourself a solid start to make money. Simply keeping attaining valuable items and continue to sell them via convoys.

The ability to do this successfully is contingent upon completing a number of Homestead Missions (as indicated by a house icon on your map; most of these missions are at the Homestead itself -- others are spread elsewhere). You can think of Homestead missions as Assassin Recruitment missions -- except for your economy. Attracting people to work at the Homestead will mean you have access to buy more items (stockpile) to then sell (convoy). Once these people are at your Homestead, you will get to know them, and do extra missions for them. Doing these bonus Homestead missions will also let you craft new, more valuable items to then sell.

If you lose a convoy -- you have to craft one via the accounting book. If you cannot craft one, that means you have not done a sufficient number of Homestead missions (this is because you need to recruit lumberers to build convoys).

MattDoza

I agree that Connor has the better animations simply because he has a much bigger moveslist. Even jumping through the trees alone requires an insane amount of animations, let alone the combat. Every weapon tier has its own set of moves, it's just bananas.

I love how Connor dodges trees and whatnot when you run past them, looks so cool. My favourite is actually when he's running through deep snow, it just looks so good. The animation team did a stunning job and deserve a medal or something.
It's too bad pretty much everyone else fucked up

I was intentionally vaulting over fences because the animations looked so good. I loved watching Connor accelerate too.

My god this game is a fucking DISASTER. Played for four hours tonight and two times Connor got fucking stuck in the game world. This game is a fucking piece of shit.

Just finished the game...question though.

Does this mean that the Assassins and Templars were actually going for the same goal? Are they going to be allies now to fight against Juno?

Just finished the game, and the ending is just confusing me.
Does that mean we won't see Desmond again? Or is he just in some kind of coma?

All I can hope for is that they won't make a new game until next generation kicks in, but sadly I know that's not gonna happen, another team is probably halfway through the follow up by now.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just finished the game, and the ending is just confusing me.
Does that mean we won't see Desmond again? Or is he just in some kind of coma?

All I can hope for is that they won't make a new game until next generation kicks in, but sadly I know that's not gonna happen, another team is probably halfway through the follow up by now.

He was in a coma in Revelations, this time around he's fucking dead. The game just does a poor job showing this in a frame it deserves, especially since we have been playing this character for 5 games.

In all fairness I am totally expecting a "someone in the future was controlling Desmond from an Animus-type machine" plot twist, Inception-style. Probably to see how Juno got released. The way they brushed aside this apocalypse we've been working towards for 5 years for the sole reason of introducing this new danger to keep the franchise going just irks me. Especially since Juno is so abstract. She hates humanity, so what. What can she do? The game never explains why we should fear her.

Anyway, that's my two cents on this trainwreck of an ending.

rdrr gnr

He was in a coma in Revelations, this time around he's fucking dead. The game just does a poor job showing this in a frame it deserves, especially since we have been playing this character for 5 games.

In all fairness I am totally expecting a "someone in the future was controlling Desmond from an Animus-type machine" plot twist, Inception-style. Probably to see how Juno got released. The way they brushed aside this apocalypse we've been working towards for 5 years for the sole reason of introducing this new danger to keep the franchise going just irks me. Especially since Juno is so abstract. She hates humanity, so what. What can she do? The game never explains why we should fear her.

Anyway, that's my two cents on this trainwreck of an ending.
I entertained that notion. It could have been done well.

iNvid02

Especially since Juno is so abstract. She hates humanity, so what. What can she do? The game never explains why we should fear her.

cuz

rebirth - may have means to transfer her mind to another vessel - flesh or metal. AC3 showed us that she is capable of considering far more variables than those who might seek to oppose her, it is unlikely that she would limit herself to a single and therefore vulnerable point of existence. as a digital being she may have capacity to interact with global communication networks to achieve virtual omniscience. combined such prospective feats and weapons with the first civ tech at her disposal (especially pieces of eden), and minerva's final warning appears almost restrained.

restoration - juno utters "what once was shall be again" in conversations with both connor and desmond. she may possess the knowledge and means to resurrect her species. is she alone within the first civ computer where she resides?

Holy fuckkk i regret going for the Platinum. I feel like giving up but I'm at at 71% sync, too late to throw in the towel.

This might sound stupid but there's too many side missions. Some of them are really fun but most of them are boring. Plus there's so many bugs i feel as if i'm wasting my time. I know damn well i won't be able to 100% every damn mission in the game. There's a side mission where the QTE's are straight up broken.

Noi

I just realized that outside of one who showed up really early in the game, I've yet to see a single courier. How the hell do I get them to show up for the first set of Thief challenges?

Just finished the main story.....wtf? It's like
Mass Effect 3 all over again

The Assassins Vs Templar story is far better than all the mystical space alien shit that I don't care enough about to actually remember from the previous games

I liberated all but one district, collected some of the side quest stuff, played a lot of naval missions......is any of it worth doing in full? Do they reward anything worthwhile?

vladdamad

Holy fuckkk i regret going for the Platinum. I feel like giving up but I'm at at 71% sync, too late to throw in the towel.

This might sound stupid but there's too many side missions. Some of them are really fun but most of them are boring. Plus there's so many bugs i feel as if i'm wasting my time. I know damn well i won't be able to 100% every damn mission in the game. There's a side mission where the QTE's are straight up broken.

If you're talking about Oak Island, then yeah, QTEs are broken. Still waiting on a patch while I do all the other side stuff

Noi

I liberated all but one district, collected some of the side quest stuff, played a lot of naval missions......is any of it worth doing in full? Do they reward anything worthwhile?

Honestly? No. The reward for getting all the feathers is terrible. The reward for doing the Captain Kidd missions is bugged and will end up annoying you more than it helps. The Almanac pages get you nothing. All the Challenges give you is a pat in the back and a "yay, you completed them" prompt. You liberate sections of the town, and while you do get an Assassin out out of it, the redcoats are replaced by bluecoats that do the same shit even though you're ALLIED with them. Liberating forts replaces the guards that shoot you on sight with guards that don't shoot on sight, but will still shoot if bothered. There's an incredible amount of busy work that the game wants you to do for 100%, then either gives you no rewards or terrible ones for them.

Honestly? No. The reward for getting all the feathers is terrible. The reward for doing the Captain Kidd missions is bugged and will end up annoying you more than it helps. The Almanac pages get you nothing. All the Challenges give you is a pat in the back and a "yay, you completed them" prompt. There's an incredible amount of busy work that the game wants you to do for 100%, then either gives you no rewards or terrible ones for them.

Yea, thats what I figured, collectathons for the sake of collectathons

I like the game a lot but they could have foregone most of the side stuff and expanded the stuff that worked like naval battles and liberating cities

Or put in rewards that make a difference, make money important etc...

Balphon

Thanks for the tips MuseManMike and Irish. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Hopefully I can do it.

The first optional objective is much easier if you use grapeshot, so I'd go buy it if you haven't already. There are enough clumped boats at the beginning that you can easily kill 5-6 in one shot.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yea, thats what I figured, collectathons for the sake of collectathons

I like the game a lot but they could have foregone most of the side stuff and expanded the stuff that worked like naval battles and liberating cities

Or put in rewards that make a difference, make money important etc...

I feel like it's tradition at this point for AC games to have shitty rewards for side stuff. :p

I'll never forget getting all the flags in AC1(of which there's some insane amount of 400 I believe) and the game not acknowledging it AT ALL. The feathers in AC2 gave you a cape that...put you on full notoriety, always.

vladdamad

I feel like it's tradition at this point for AC games to have shitty rewards for side stuff. :p

I'll never forget getting all the flags in AC1(of which there's some insane amount of 400 I believe) and the game not acknowledging it AT ALL. The feathers in AC2 gave you a cape that...put you on full notoriety, always.

Well, at least they tried in 2. The feathers thing was framed about restoring your mother's sanity.

Noi

After seeing the tips to getting a courier to spawn, I WISH I had a cape that gave me full notoriety. :/

exYle

Halfway through getting the Cape you get the best blunt weapon in the game.

mujun

I'm about 12 or 13 hours in, sequence 10 or thereabouts. I love a lot of stuff about this game but like previous games I find the multitude of systems and their lack of logic to be really restricting and make having fun really hard at times. I'm not sure how I feel about the game to be honest. First game that I can recall really making me feel like that.

aparisi2274

This game's economy is unfathomably stupid. But, I can give you some tips.

There will be an accounting book introduced to you at the Homestead. You can also access this book in stores. What you need to do is either buy (stockpile) or make (craft) high-value items. Once you have attained these items, add them to the convoy (third option in the accounting book) and sell them at a profit. So far the most profitable thing for you will be selling pelts. If you have enough money to buy pelts then you are fine -- but dedicate an hour or two to hunting to give yourself a solid start to make money. Simply keeping attaining valuable items and continue to sell them via convoys.

The ability to do this successfully is contingent upon completing a number of Homestead Missions (as indicated by a house icon on your map; most of these missions are at the Homestead itself -- others are spread elsewhere). You can think of Homestead missions as Assassin Recruitment missions -- except for your economy. Attracting people to work at the Homestead will mean you have access to buy more items (stockpile) to then sell (convoy). Once these people are at your Homestead, you will get to know them, and do extra missions for them. Doing these bonus Homestead missions will also let you craft new, more valuable items to then sell.

If you lose a convoy -- you have to craft one via the accounting book. If you cannot craft one, that means you have not done a sufficient number of Homestead missions (this is because you need to recruit lumberers to build convoys).

Thanks!!

I've been hunting religiously since I was first able to, and I have multiple pelts from multiple animals... I need to look on line to see what the most valuable pelts are, so i can look to hunt those animals...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly? No. The reward for getting all the feathers is terrible. The reward for doing the Captain Kidd missions is bugged and will end up annoying you more than it helps. The Almanac pages get you nothing. All the Challenges give you is a pat in the back and a "yay, you completed them" prompt. You liberate sections of the town, and while you do get an Assassin out out of it, the redcoats are replaced by bluecoats that do the same shit even though you're ALLIED with them. Liberating forts replaces the guards that shoot you on sight with guards that don't shoot on sight, but will still shoot if bothered. There's an incredible amount of busy work that the game wants you to do for 100%, then either gives you no rewards or terrible ones for them.

Are you talking about how it keeps notifying you that you have obtained it? So it isn't just me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Argh, there's this glitch that makes me lose all my snares and bait like every 10 minutes. I can't do shit.

Irish

Are you talking about how it keeps notifying you that you have obtained it? So it isn't just me.

Yeah, appears to be a known glitch. Another prominent and terrible glitch is the Pitcairn pistol always replacing your secondary pistol after a load screen.

Raxus

Thanks!!

I've been hunting religiously since I was first able to, and I have multiple pelts from multiple animals... I need to look on line to see what the most valuable pelts are, so i can look to hunt those animals...

Once you upgrade your convoys it really doesn't matter. You also get naval vessels which can send 15ish items in one go when upgraded. Just pick up what you can. The economy gets obsolete really quickly.

Raxus

Argh, there's this glitch that makes me lose all my snares and bait like every 10 minutes. I can't do shit.

That's nothing. I can't complete the encyclopedia of the common man because my 3/3 farmer entry won't update.

I still can't figure out why I can't get the pelt trading one either. I have all 9 vendors.

I could go on but I would be here all day.

Curufinwe

My god this game is a fucking DISASTER. Played for four hours tonight and two times Connor got fucking stuck in the game world. This game is a fucking piece of shit.

Shawn Andrich from GamersWithJobs recorded a segment with Justin McElroy from Polygon for the latest GWJ podcast where they discuss all the bugs and issues they came across in AC 3.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/113602

It starts at 57:16 and goes on for about 30 minutes.

srated this game yesterday ..sequence 1 was fantastic ..And i'm in the middle of sequence 2 .. i'm honnestly surprised ..i played too much of the mini game on the boat ...

Noi

That's nothing. I can't complete the encyclopedia of the common man because my 3/3 farmer entry won't update.

I was wondering why I hadn't finished that despite having 3/3 for everything, and only now noticed that my Farmers entry doesn't say "Entry completed" right after. I swear, if this ends up cheating me out of 100%...

CozMick

Banned
What the fudge, no host migration in mp or did the server just take a dump?

Had a hefty 7000+ in manhunt when the "disconnected with host" bs popped up.

Top Bottom