• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Talon

Obviously its early, I'm sure that AC3 percentage will go up. Interesting that ACB was the one that people finished the most, thats actually a *really* high completion percentage.
It seems intuitive considering the more hardcore AC fans were likely to purchase the Brohood.

Raxus

Bingo. Those fucking wolves.

Actually I think it was a (poorly implemented) design choice. You can still kill the wolves up close you just have to use other methods.

Listening right now, this is a pretty solid breakdown of what is wrong with this game.

Probably encapsulates a good chunk of what went wrong with the game.

I am still shocked it got 9's let alone 8's. It really is a mess. Being a fan of the series makes it hurt all the more.

Jesus christ these credits are fucking long and unskippable, still going trough them.

The ending kinda bummed me out,
is there even a chance for a ac4 after that ending?

That seems like a silly question to ask. Obviously there is.

The ending screamed "setup for a million more sequels" to me

Noi

The PS3 exclusive missions are coming later as DLC correct?

You're not missing anything. It's an extra 30 minutes that offer jack all for gameplay and don't add anything to the story.

I killed those wolves with the QTEs. Are those QTEs really broken, or do people in this thread have shit reflexes?

The QTEs for that specific mission are 100% on a different timer than that of every other wolf in the game. You CAN win the QTE like normal, but it's definitely not as easy as the normal wolves. And for people going for 100%, one failed QTE means failure due to the HP loss limit.

You're not missing anything. It's an extra 30 minutes that offer jack all for gameplay and don't add anything to the story.

The QTEs for that specific mission are 100% on a different timer than that of every other wolf in the game. You CAN win the QTE like normal, but it's definitely not as easy as the normal wolves. And for people going for 100%, one failed QTE means failure due to the HP loss limit.

Not if you mash the button fast enough. I've done it, I know. I restarted that checkpoint once.

I killed those wolves with the QTEs. Are those QTEs really broken, or do people in this thread have shit reflexes?

I've had no issue with the QTE's besides that mission. There's a similar one with a bear and i got it on my 2nd try after i noticed it was more aggressive.

Actually I think it was a (poorly implemented) design choice. You can still kill the wolves up close you just have to use other methods.

What would the best weapon? Most of the time i run up to them a QTE pops up.

Raxus

What would the best weapon? Most of the time i run up to them a QTE pops up.

Poison darts I believe. What I did was hide in a pine needle stack, jumped out to draw them in, jumped out to stab one. Rinse wash repeat. Poison dart may trip them up giving you time to get close and stab them before the poison kills them.

Like others have said the QTE is 'possible' apparently but I felt you have to practically predict the QTE prompt.

Seriously who the fuck thought some of these missions would be fun? The entirety of sequence 8 is fucking miserable.

HAHAHA, have fun with some of the later naval missions. Soon you will feel the pain I felt...soon.

DeVeAn

I'm curious. Are there people out there were playing the PlayStation three version who were satisfied with this? I understand it's a far cry to have 60 frames per second here but, this thing is damn near a slideshow. The game has been patched it still has bugs dodgy frame rate crazy pop in clipping and a whole mess of other bugs I don't understand. Revelations was actually a pretty solid game compared to this. I'm having a very hard time playing to this game it just really bothers me the frame rate 21 frames a second slideshow status damnit.

Poison darts I believe. What I did was hide in a pine needle stack, jumped out to draw them in, jumped out to stab one. Rinse wash repeat. Poison dart may trip them up giving you time to get close and stab them before the poison kills them.

Like others have said the QTE is 'possible' apparently but I felt you have to practically predict the QTE prompt.

HAHAHA, have fun with some of the later naval missions. Soon you will feel the pain I felt...soon.

Wait, what? There are a lot of bad things about this game... but every single naval mission in the game is great. I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise

rSpooky

Finished storymode, and almost all the extra stuff including feathers, trinkets etc etc. great game , that could have been better with a fee more months of work, but well worth my time and money.

Raxus

Wait, what? There are a lot of bad things about this game... but every single naval mission in the game is great. I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise

Please don't misunderstand. I LOOOOOOVE the naval missions. The optional objectives of some of them are bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. They will drive you up the fucking wall.

Please don't misunderstand. I LOOOOOOVE the naval missions. The optional objectives of some of them are bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. They will drive you up the fucking wall.

Oh, yeah, I had a lot of restarts due to "destoy the ships by firing on their powder stores 0/3" and there are only 3 ships. That right there was kind of terrible

I think the general rule is the optional objectives across the game will drive people Bananas. They were reasonable in ACB but they've gone too far with AC3 and I imagine you can ruin the game for yourself if you try to get them on your first playthrough.

Raxus

Oh, yeah, I had a lot of restarts due to "destoy the ships by firing on their powder stores 0/3" and there are only 3 ships. That right there was kind of terrible

In a huge storm it was downright impossible for me because I fully upgraded my vessel meaning I destroyed ships before showing their weak point. Add to the fact the whole thing was done in a storm to make it more of a headache. It felt like I was facing a final boss. Just poor design. The rest of the naval missions were much easier to stomach with the right tools.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
That seems like a silly question to ask. Obviously there is.

The ending screamed "setup for a million more sequels" to me

I thought since Desmond is dead, the ''secret device to save the world'' is found, what else is there to the story? stopping minerva? but the apple was already used, and everything led up to this particular event in the future? maybe i missed something :p

EDIT: I just remembered, what about EVE?

I thought since Desmond is dead, the ''secret device to save the world'' is found, what else is there to the story? stopping minerva? but the apple was already used, and everything led up to this particular event in the future? maybe i missed something :p

I would assume stopping Minerva, yeah, there seems to be more story to tell there. Even though Desmond's story is over, there is definitely other stuff going on.

Like at the end of the game it seems a couple of Abstergo guys hacked Desmond's animus and synched it with the cloud (or something)

I feel like an idiot for not trying this before. Got it done in one try.

Noi

So... you finish the game and they remove the quick travel spot for the native village in the frontier.

ibwk81gxrf6kcl.gif

I don't know what to say anymore.

Edit: Scratch that, it's the game's poor design shining through as usual.

rvy

Banned
So... you finish the game and they remove the quick travel spot for the native village in the frontier.

OK, you edited.

Noi

Yeah, nevermind. It was just the epilogue mission's icon covering up the entirety of it, so I thought it was gone.

why is this even a thing

My ship "flipped over" during a naval mission, was like it got stuck in the water. After it flipped it was find again haha.

Question: How do I level my crafters? By getting them to make stuff or via Homestead missions?

SJRB

Gold Member
My ship "flipped over" during a naval mission, was like it got stuck in the water. After it flipped it was find again haha.

Question: How do I level my crafters? By getting them to make stuff or via Homestead missions?

Homestead missions will unlock levels and more crafting possibilities.

Noi

Homestead missions.

Edit: Beaten like this game's framerate.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

ibwk81gxrf6kcl.gif

Yeah, nevermind. It was just the epilogue mission's icon covering up the entirety of it, so I thought it was gone.

why is this even a thing

UI is now game design. This game is full of Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Noi

"This pivot is planted in undefined. You can plant it elsewhere".

This game is dead set on wanting my already low opinion of it to go even further south.

Noi

So... How hard is to get the Platinum in this game compared to ASII, ACB and ACR?

Luck of the draw depending on whether or not the game decides to screw you over like it did me. I'm pretty much waiting on a patch from Ubisoft to be able to get the platinum.

One online trophy in single player, aside from the Multi ones.

So how do I level up artisans?

Homestead missions level 'em up, although they're capped until you get further in the game.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Compilation of crap I experienced with this game last night on a livestream:

THIS GAME SUCKS: Assassin's Creed III
There are a few shitty bugs you encountered there. But when you killed those two guards it seemed like you were about to say "So nobody saw me kill those two guards, huh?" but then catching yourself and saying "Oh everyone saw that through the walls? No line of sight at all."

Sounded like you were in a bad mood (based on the game's bugginess) and were just going to shit on anything the game does regardless.

Also I think it's juvenile to start yelling at the television. Just turn it off and relax.

Bladenic

So... How hard is to get the Platinum in this game compared to ASII, ACB and ACR?

Offline and online trophies.

I'd say the only trophy that will present a big challenge is the 100 percent synchronization. Some of the optional objectives are ludicrous.

However, there are some glitches that might prevent the Completionist trophy, I definitely can't get it as of now. Probably will be patched soon, hopefully.

Raxus

It's easier than ACB since it doesn't have obnoxious online trophies, but is otherwise pretty much the same as the others.

Hopefully you don't get bugs walling you from a platinum. Otherwise the only one that is obnoxious is the 100% everything achievement since it requires you sink a ton of time in mundane tasks to complete. Hopefully they update/have a map of all the delivery and assassination missions available by that time. Saves you a huge headache. Believe me.

Wallachia

There are some cool alternate outfits.. Achilles' outfit is really cool, and the various ones that give Connor a mohawk. I hope they release more, like this one. Could be a great 'armor'.

edit: sorry, don't know why this is frigging huge.

Connorkenway_early_concept.JPG

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
"This pivot is planted in undefined. You can plant it elsewhere".

This game is dead set on wanting my already low opinion of it to go even further south.

I have 11 pivots and cannot for the life of me figure out how I got them. I remember picking up like 4 of them but other than that I haven't a clue. I have no clue how to find them either, I just randomly came across the ones I did collect.

Ricker

I will have to restart a whole section now because I can't work and do what they want me to do at notoriety 3,theres guards everywhere so its like I am always running all over the place in Boston and there is no markers per say to help me see where to go to lower my notoriety yet...its actually the next mission,which is also almost impossible to do at level 3...such a messy frustrating games at times...and when you go back,you actually have to go further into where you where before saving and quiting otherwise you are back in the later misson,where you where fucked...not sure I will finish this one.

DrBo42

Up to sequence 5, in love with the game. Atmosphere is absolutely stunning. Probably in the minority that really enjoyed the pacing at the beginning/Connor's beginnings. My god at the naval missions. Haven't run into any mission breaking bugs, worst I've seen are people disappearing in front of me. Picked up the combat immediately and really enjoy it as well. Could be my GOTY unless something massively changes.

Bladenic

There are some cool alternate outfits.. Achilles' outfit is really cool, and the various ones that give Connor a mohawk. I hope they release more, like this one. Could be a great 'armor'.

edit: sorry, don't know why this is frigging huge.

Connorkenway_early_concept.JPG

They really better release that one, looks amazing and way more in line with the ultimate outfits in 2 and B. Achilles's outfit is cool but rather tame.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
AC1 is still the one that had the best story IMO. Just a little hint of mystery, and rest being really about the era itself.

That's what AC should be like IMO. It should be 95% about reliving an actual era, not the stupid first-civ crap. It should have always remained as mysterious as in AC1.

I actually liked a balance between both. But after AC3, I prefer AC1's mysteriousness.

Dammit, Ubisoft. Reboot this series in two gens.

Okay...really enjoyed the game on my first playthrough. But now going back and trying to get 100% sync on some of these missions I am having to deal with so much bullshit. This one mission where you have to chase a guy down but kill 2 enemies before. That would be great, if the running assassination would actually fucking work! Now I am beginning to understand why all of the gameplay walkthroughs they have shown before release were created simply to demonstrate the "cool" stuff in the game, like that winter fort walkthrough. Shit isn't even in the actual game.

Top Bottom