• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Just finished up brotherhood.
Starting revelations tomorrow. Then AC3 when i finish that, Is AC:R better than AC:B?

The majority of AC:B felt very much like i was going through the motions I cared very little about any of the characters and I'm sick of Ezio already.

iNvid02

personally thought brotherhood was the best in the series, you might end up liking revelations more then. its more ezio, wrapping up his story for good but a bit of altair too.

Lima

Story was best in Revelations. One of the best endings in a game ever. It was really powerful.

It didn't really add much new gameplay, so yeah Brotherhood is probably still the best in the series.

conman

Just finished up brotherhood.
Starting revelations tomorrow. Then AC3 when i finish that, Is AC:R better than AC:B?

The majority of AC:B felt very much like i was going through the motions I cared very little about any of the characters and I'm sick of Ezio already.
ACR is very good. But it's much more gameplay focused than story focused.

The story sections are very weak and very linear (especially the beginning, ending, and Altair sections). But the world exploration, combat/stealth mechanics, and city design are the best in the entire series. If you're sick of Ezio, don't worry. You play primarily as Ezio, but there's so little focus on the character that he could almost literally be anyone.

If you're playing the series for just the main story missions, you're missing what makes them so great (especially AC1, ACB, and ACR). If you're a story junky, you'll probably prefer AC2 and AC3.

Damn conman you're still here, impressive.

Anyone know if there is a cheap place to get AC3 on PC? I want to get it for under 30 since I already got it on PS3...

Mogwai

Finally. Got through AC3 on Xbox. Kind of mixed feelings about it. Seems like Ubisoft drowned in their own ambitions and forgot to hire a QA team.

I liked the historical aspects of the story. But it all just becomes too serious. I missed that tone of the Ezio trilogy. It just had some undeniable charm compared to Connor's sad face. Also, I miss characters such as Da Vinci and Machiavelli. Hell, even Mario! Hopefully the next game will be much better. Getting rid of the bugs in the new AnvilEngine should help a lot.

Effect

Still no word on the release date of the Wii U version of The Tyranny of King Washington? I hope they let us know one way or another. It will be the deciding factor if I keep the game as it's just collecting dust.

BluWacky

I finished this last night after about a week of playing it. While it's pretty good and very much like every other Assassin's Creed game, the story isn't much fun to experience (although I admire the shifting loyalties/politics/whatever, it's all one-note storytelling) and there's a bit too much in the way of feature bloat.

I used the "start a riot" option once in the entire game, and a message immediately popped up telling me I was in the top 50% of all people in the world to have started riots - shows how pointless that option was! As usual, it's easier just to kill everyone when the combat is so simple to master.

With that said, the optional objectives continue to get ever more difficult. I'm glad I'm not an achievement whore, as some of them would drive me to distraction - the one with the French guy where you're never supposed to get into open conflict, for instance, when he keeps going up to everyone and baiting them into a fight? Seems bonkers.

I liked the historical aspects of the story. But it all just becomes too serious. I missed that tone of the Ezio trilogy. It just had some undeniable charm compared to Connor's sad face. Also, I miss characters such as Da Vinci and Machiavelli. Hell, even Mario!

Well, at least we didn't get Ezio 2.0. I like different characters being different. Actually, the homestead missions really flesh out Connor's light-hearted side.

I finished this last night after about a week of playing it. While it's pretty good and very much like every other Assassin's Creed game, the story isn't much fun to experience (although I admire the shifting loyalties/politics/whatever, it's all one-note storytelling) and there's a bit too much in the way of feature bloat.

I used the "start a riot" option once in the entire game, and a message immediately popped up telling me I was in the top 50% of all people in the world to have started riots - shows how pointless that option was! As usual, it's easier just to kill everyone when the combat is so simple to master.

With that said, the optional objectives continue to get ever more difficult. I'm glad I'm not an achievement whore, as some of them would drive me to distraction - the one with the French guy where you're never supposed to get into open conflict, for instance, when he keeps going up to everyone and baiting them into a fight? Seems bonkers.

I love this game more than most but I agree with the feature bloat. However, the riots are very useful. I just found this out yesterday. They cause the guards to run away after a few fall. I was like "why the hell did they not introduce this better?"

So i have no idea if anyone will know this but its worth asking.

I redeemed the codes I got for Revelations on Launch for things like the Brutus armor and The Turkish Assassin armor. But they are not under outfits when I come to play the game.

Edit: Forget it, I loaded up MP and The Uplay store and then went back into the game and the Outfit's have updated.

Anyone here have an issue with the "You Have Unlocked" popups appearing EVERY SINGLE TIME I launch the game? I have to click through like 15 popups before I get to the main menu.

EDIT: This is on PC

Lima

I am so fucking tired of this season pass bullshit. Season pass owners yet again have to wait while people that pay for each content individually can play the DLC right now.

There have been enough games with season passes for them to figure this shit out.

/rant

I guess no one here is playing Episode 1 of The Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy?
It's pretty cool so far, though I did have trouble with some of the optional objectives in the beginning, they're not so bad when you figure out how to clear them.

There's more collectibles to collect: treasure and memory artifacts
Also, Connor is pretty sexy in this DLC. :p I like his new costumes.

Omg, just got my first
power, the wolf cloak
. This should be fun. :D

iNvid02

yeah im playing it now.

opening is really boring with a cannon sequence that doesnt seem to end but it gets a little better as it goes on. it really is as crazy as the trailers made it out to be, tops the main story in that regard.

the wolf abilities are crazy. all of the assassins have been tanks more or less, and connor is no different. but now he can
turn invisible, my god. the wolf pack replacing assassin recruits is better too since they're one hit kill and also seem to be invisible.

only gripes are some of the native voice overs seem to have changed, i dont remember the clan mother being able to speak fluent english, its slightly distracting. the performance issues on PC still remain which is a shame since its a technically impressive game and looks really nice maxed out. but thats ubi kiev's fault.

part one is ok, im guessing the next two will be better with the story progressing, now that the situation you're in has been established and they've got the the new stuff out of the way.

bonus pic

untitled10fsqb.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm loving the DLC so far. Great stuff. I'll type up more thoughts once I complete it.

But I just wanted to say that a bear dropped from the sky and landed in front of me in the frontier. =O

I am so fucking tired of this season pass bullshit. Season pass owners yet again have to wait while people that pay for each content individually can play the DLC right now.

There have been enough games with season passes for them to figure this shit out.

/rant

I have the season pass and I got it on time.

yeah im playing it now.

opening is really boring with a cannon sequence that doesnt seem to end but it gets a little better as it goes on. it really is as crazy as the trailers made it out to be, tops the main story in that regard.

the wolf abilities are crazy. all of the assassins have been tanks more or less, and connor is no different. but now he can
turn invisible, my god. the wolf pack replacing assassin recruits is better too since they're one hit kill and also seem to be invisible.

only gripes are some of the native voice overs seem to have changed, i dont remember the clan mother being able to speak fluent english, its slightly distracting.

Yeah the cannon bit was boring.
I wish Ziio stayed alive for bit longer :( i like her character
And yeah the changed voice overs kinda caught me off guard too. I've enjoyed everything else about the DLC so far though.

Has anyone been able to get more than three orange orbs during the loading screens? I wonder if there's any significance to them? Or Ubisoft decided to add them just because.

Irish

The thing that interests me most about this DLC is the fact that it features a completely fictional storyline, which is where I feel the series should be heading. Now, for the next full AC, make the setting fictional as well.

Wolf ability sounds dope.

Are the DLC new missions placed in your existing game, or are they entirely separate?

They're completely seperate from the main game. There's a seperate option for the DLC in the main menu.

The thing that interests me most about this DLC is the fact that it features a completely fictional storyline, which is where I feel the series should be heading. Now, for the next full AC, make the setting fictional as well.

Yeah, same here. It gives the developers more freedom to do what they want.

Irish

Wow, I had no idea people could struggle so much with the combat until I started watching CVG's walkthrough of the DLC. Didn't think such a thing was possible.

iNvid02

there is a line in the DLC which had me in stitches, especially considering the situation when it was uttered

"respect the power of the tea"

lol

/rant

Yeah no. Look at the time of my post. You could download the shit right then but the season pass gave you nothing.
All you did was pay for it early with discounts. It doesn't grant automatic upload to the server waiting for you at midnight, release day.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've completely cleared that DLC. I have to say, it was great. I love the new abilities and the story is interesting
with Conner knowing the events of AC3 and the fragmented memories.
I'm excited for part 2, and I'm glad I got a bit of an Assassin Creed fix.

Lima

All you did was pay for it early with discounts. It doesn't grant automatic upload to the server waiting for you at midnight, release day.

Dude if it is already on the server and available to buy individually of course I want to play it at the same time. If anything I should be treated as a preferred customer because I payed them my money upfront without knowing what I'll get and how the quality of the content is.

This has been the case with all season passes and I'm just sick of this practice. They need to figure this shit out.

Wow, I had no idea people could struggle so much with the combat until I started watching CVG's walkthrough of the DLC. Didn't think such a thing was possible.

Actually that's why things get difficult for mainstream games. Some things that are easy for us can get hard for others.. and that's why the counter system is "mostly the same" since AC2 despite many complains about it because there are people who can't use it properly at all.

Dude if it is already on the server and available to buy individually of course I want to play it at the same time. If anything I should be treated as a preferred customer because I payed them my money upfront without knowing what I'll get and how the quality of the content is.

This has been the case with all season passes and I'm just sick of this practice. They need to figure this shit out.
Oh, I didn't know that was the case. Which platform? Because we PS3 folks all have to wait for the psn update. Us season pass folk and the non subscribers have access at the same time.

iNvid02

PS4 could remedy shit like this

ep 1 for infamy downloads/installs in background on second processor while you play and then you can jump right in

the future man

have not played this since the 19th of last month... but somehow got an update from the eshop while I was checking the DLC page

the update downloaded and now I am not sure what it added of fixed in the Wii U version
will try to play when I wake up

Lima

Oh, I didn't know that was the case. Which platform? Because we PS3 folks all have to wait for the psn update. Us season pass folk and the non subscribers have access at the same time.

I play on 360. It was up at the time of my post (that is when they usually add new thing to the marketplace on Tuesday).

Just finished the DLC yesterday, was really cool. I liked the new abilities. Seemed really short though which is not surprising considering that this was supposed to be one episode originally before they chopped it into 3 parts.

have not played this since the 19th of last month... but somehow got an update from the eshop while I was checking the DLC page

the update downloaded and now I am not sure what it added of fixed in the Wii U version
will try to play when I wake up
The update most likely was the one that added the GW dlc option to the main menu and fixed some MP issues.

Effect

Wii U owners: Is there a secret to finding multiplayer matches that isn't "play it on another system"? I haven't found a game in two weeks and...I miss it *tear*

Play on the weekends mostly and use not quick match but custom match where you search for different types I think. Be willing to wait a while as well. That's been working for me whenever I try to get a match, mainly the last one. I wish more played online. I don't think it's a case of not enough people bought the game to make it worthwhile but that people aren't playing online and the matching is broken. That's what it feels like at least. It seems like it tosses you into a lobby with another person and then you have to wait a long time and hope it fills. It's not combining lobbies or tossing you into matches already taking place or lobbies that are already up.

I haven't seen issues with Black Ops 2 but that has sold the most out of their party games I think beside ZombiU. I haven't heard people having problems getting matches in Tekken either. I'm sure Assassin's Creed 3 has sold more then Tekken. It certainly has sold more then Mass Effect 3 and I think it's suppose to be getting easier to get matches there as well.

Sigh. Honestly though I've given up AC3's multiplayer at this point and haven't tried to connect in the last two or three weeks. I've just been running around in the game finishing up the Captain Kidd missions. Which I've finished yesterday and going to finish up the naval battles. Got all the feathers already. For the amount of time that took the costume was pretty disappointing.

Anyway does anyone know how long the Infamy DLC is suppose to be? A few hours at least? Shorter?

Toa TAK

Banned
Anyway does anyone know how long the Infamy DLC is suppose to be? A few hours at least? Shorter?

It's a few hours give or take. I was able to get 100% on it within a few hours (including doing all the side stuff before finishing the actual story).

I personally love it, pick it up if you need that AC fix (that isn't multiplayer). It's really interesting what they're going to do here.

GulAtiCa

I'm playing the game on the wii u. Looks and plays well for most part. However... does have an annoying flicker effect with the britsh soldiers early on..

Edit: May of been a random game glitch. I exited the game and went back and any issue was gone. Game went back to looking nice and feeling nice.

DLC discussion and spoilers: I really did not expect
Connor being aware of the alt. history. I just expected the story would be of people hacking the animus and changing history for lulz. But instead, Radonna (that's what I'll call him) wakes up with knowledge of what really went down. I wonder how this plays out... Perhaps Minerva's release has an effect on history and created alternate timelines, of which the ancestors become aware of with their special abilities? If so, that's fucking awesome and can lead to some amazing alt. history games.

malfcn

Finally beat it.

I checked out the IGN guide and it says there is a conversation before the ending. None of the videos I watched showed anything. What did or didn't I miss?

Also, what is with having long speeches by characters (during a mission, or fight) that gets cut off if you actually play. Lame.

Top Bottom