• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Nori Chan

UPS guy came early :D got the Limited edition before heading out yay!

Also a question for anyone who got the limited edition, is there something funny on page 9 of the Washington notebook?

Cheska

So during the mission in chapter 2/3 where you have to
free the captives while in disguise. How do you kill the guy in front of the captives on the ship? I jumped in the water and made my way up the boat but somehow always get caught and have to start the whole damn thing over again ._.

Also, beginning section is way too slow for my taste. Gimme Connor already!

exYle

free the captives while in disguise. How do you kill the guy in front of the captives on the ship? I jumped in the water and made my way up the boat but somehow always get caught and have to start the whole damn thing over again ._.

What? You had difficulty with that guy? I just walked up to him and stabbed him. Or are you referring to the patrolling guy?

Plasmid

What i did was jump up, shoot him, jump off, kill other guy, free captives.

that is, after 7 failures -.-

So you have two guys on the left that don't move, one guy in the middle that moves around, and the guy guarding the captives. Take the guy out in the middle, and then hide behind a crate, whistle the guy over to you and bam. OR.... climb along side the ship and jump up and take him out from behind when he is turned around..

The only think I need to know is if there are Assassin Tomb like places in AC3....please answer someone.

Sort of... The Peg Leg missions are similar to this.

Sort of... The Peg Leg missions are similar to this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks....I thought those were the best editions to the game from AC1 to AC2 and so forth.

Kyon

Banned
So in Sequence 3
When you sneak Into the base with the wagon and have to eavesdrop. The optional objectives to not kill any guards and Sabotage two cannons is really hard. Anyone got any tips I keep being spotted -___-

So in Sequence 3
When you sneak Into the base with the wagon and have to eavesdrop. The optional objectives to not kill any guards and Sabotage two cannons is really hard. Anyone got any tips I keep being spotted -___-

I beleive you can choke people out with your hands at this point... If I'm remember correctly. Also, when I destroyed the first one, I was about to jump down and outside the fort, and make my way on a ledge to the other one. Waited for the guard to leave, jumped up and took care of that one.

Kyon

Banned
I beleive you can choke people out with your hands at this point... If I'm remember correctly. Also, when I destroyed the first one, I was about to jump down and outside the fort, and make my way on a ledge to the other one. Waited for the guard to leave, jumped up and took care of that one.

So choking them with your hands won't kill them? I'm trying to get 100% sync btw :D and thanks I manage to get the 1st one but get spotted after

exYle

So in Sequence 3

HOLY HELL THAT MISSION PISSED ME OFF SO BAD.

What I did
when you first get off the wagon, there's a dude patrolling on your left. If you can, lure him into the tall grass and knock him out. Stay in the tall grass and start eavesdropping. They will eventually walk up stairs, and to follow them, you climb a ladder. Keep following them on that rooftop, they'll end their conversation while you're still on it. They'll walk away, and there will be one dude guarding the map, so knock him out. From there you can see a guy overlooking the nearby cannon, and his patrol pathway is easy to sneak up behind. Take out the first cannon. Then sneak around back the long way - back to the wagon, and around the corner you should be able to see the other cannon. There's a dude patrolling around but he walks by tall grass and a pile of hay, so he's easy to knock out. Take out the second cannon. Then, knock out the guy watching the exit, and walk out of the fort.

FHIZ

Buy game, put in PS3, enter three codes, download and install all three redemptions, start game, download install patch, restart game, install game...

Modern gaming, am I right?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

I just hung on to the side of the ship, climbed around the outter edge till I was close to him, and blew the whistle, he walked over to the edge to investigate - big mistake, bye bye guy. Then you can just board real quick and free the captives, even if you get spotted you already beat the section at that point as long as you free them on the boat last.

Though it took me like 30 min to figure out how to beat that entire section. I kind of sucked at it.

Shuusui

Let's do this. Bye bye, fatty PS3.

VmdVKl.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

What I did
when you first get off the wagon, there's a dude patrolling on your left. If you can, lure him into the tall grass and knock him out. Stay in the tall grass and start eavesdropping. They will eventually walk up stairs, and to follow them, you climb a ladder. Keep following them on that rooftop, they'll end their conversation while you're still on it. They'll walk away, and there will be one dude guarding the map, so knock him out. From there you can see a guy overlooking the nearby cannon, and his patrol pathway is easy to sneak up behind. Take out the first cannon. Then sneak around back the long way - back to the wagon, and around the corner you should be able to see the other cannon. There's a dude patrolling around but he walks by tall grass and a pile of hay, so he's easy to knock out. Take out the second cannon. Then, knock out the guy watching the exit, and walk out of the fort.

That's the exact way I did it too, it's probably the most efficient way. Except I just ran straight for the ladder to the roof, and waited up there till the full eavesdrop convo was over then took out each of the guards 1 on 1. Took me a few tries to realize that you need to have the Fist weapon equppied... you can even Run Assassinate the guards, as long as you don't use the hidden blade. You body slam them from behind and knock them out, and it doesn't count as a kill.

^Spoiler that, homie.

I gotta say, this game is rather unpolished... but I really admire it. Moreso than 2, perhaps. Time will tell. It's clearly unpolished in some spots because they really went way out there.

one_kill

Just saw the GameTrailers review and there was some footage of timed events in the campaign. For anyone who has played the game, are they prevalent?

Was hoping to read some impressions but this thread seems to be mostly spoiler tags at this point.
For those who've played for a while now, what are your overall thoughts on the game? For those saying it's unpolished, do you mean just on the technical side of things (bugs, glitches, graphical errors etc.) or is it also rough around the edges in execution of gameplay ideas?

Was hoping to read some impressions but this thread seems to be mostly spoiler tags at this point.
For those who've played for a while now, what are your overall thoughts on the game? For those saying it's unpolished, do you mean just on the technical side of things (bugs, glitches, graphical errors etc.) or is it also rough around the edges in execution of gameplay ideas?

The former. There glitches are just way more noticeable than they'd been in the past.

Deepo

I was hoping Digital Foundry would've had a Face Off ready by now. Any rich gaffers in possession of both 360 and PS3 version? If so, anyone able to offer insight on how the performance of the versions differ when you get to the first city?

Kyon

Banned

What I did

Yeah I'm pretty sure. Sorry I don't remember since I have slaughtered many since then. :) lol

Ok thanks guys I did it! Now I'm doing the one right after that lol

where you have to Clear the Scout Camp and there's like no room for stealth kills for the "kill 2 militia without triggering open conflict" optional objective. ;___;

Plasmid

e:
i'm dumb.

but this game does glitch :lol

it's annoying when a game is beautiful and interesting, and the mechanics of the game divert you from enjoying it.

exYle

Ok thanks guys I did it! Now I'm doing the one right after that lol

where you have to Clear the Scout Camp and there's like no room for stealth kills for the "kill 2 militia without triggering open conflict" optional objective. ;___;

Go around to the right and hide in the pile of hay. You may have to wait a while because there is a patrolling guard who circles the camp. Once you get the first guy by the pile, whistle for another.

This CE is one of the better ones I've gotten. The statue is of a high quality and detail and the flag excites me. Can't wait to show all of this off to my Rev war reenacting in laws.

SJRB

Gold Member
2,5 hours in and this game has been a rollercoaster of disappointment and glitches. Literally every mission had glitches and scripting errors. Faces not animating, npc's clipping through geometry, endlessly bumping into each other, dreadful pathfinding and doing other bizarre things.
Missions itself are scripted to hell, mostly comprised of "loading screen - intro - loading screen - walk 10 feet - loading screen - supershort cutscene of some conversation - loading - walk 10 feet - loading - action - loading. Anyway, you get my point.

The game also still has those weird transitions between cutscenes and gameplay where it would pre-load and play audio only to cut it off again. It's hard to explain but it has been a series "trademark" since ACII.

Texture and npc pop-in is super agressive, LOD is very poor. I was pretty shocked when I had my first tour through Boston, npc and soldiers popping up around me, even in that default spread-arms posture. And npc's STILL have that silly "programmed routine, if you bump into them they drop everything and walk away instead of continuing their work. Graphics look washed out and bland, viewdistance is pretty poor. I also recognized the area of those 360 screenshots that looked like PS Vita screens from a couple of days ago, so yeah.

Controls are very clunky at times, I feel that the game doesn't respond to my imput half the time [especially when reloading guns].

R2 opens the weapon wheel but it's not an onscreen promps but it has to load up an entire menu. So annoying. And no footprints in the snow? What is this, 2003?

I am just.. I don't know. This blows. But you can pet animals, so I guess it's all good. I'm playing the PS3 version by the way.

I am contimplating getting the season pass with my copy tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some impressions of the DLC that is available.

The Ghost of War
A Dangerous Secret
Lost Mayan Ruins

If they are meant to be rubbish or unsubstantial I might not bother getting the season pass and just get the Tryany DLC on its own.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
2,5 hours in and this game has been a rollercoaster of disappointment and glitches. Literally every mission had glitches and scripting errors. Faces not animating, npc's clipping through geometry, endlessly bumping into each other, dreadful pathfinding and doing other bizarre things.

I just don't get how that's possible. Surely the devs took notice.

ttocs

Been playing a good deal today and I'm just now getting to Connor. I'm digging how they went about setting up the story. Plus, nice twist there at the end of act 3.

Sai-kun

Banned
Just got one of the secret achievements.

All I'll say: oh mannnnnnnnnnn that was cool.

Edit: Shaun and Desmond have some interesting conversations :) oh man.

Curufinwe

So on the 360 do you have to swap discs to play multiplayer? Or can you install both discs to the hard drive and play multiplayer with the first disc in the drive?

DrBo42

Can we expect the PC version to be a bit more polished? Can anyone say what aspects aren't polished without spoiling? Or at least the nature of it.

Top Bottom