• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Katori

Where do you read e-mails at?

Can't seem to locate it in the menus.
There's a terminal in the hideout (exit the Animus from the START menu) where you can read them, but I got that notification and checked and there was no new one? I made sure it saved before I exited so maybe there's another place to read them?

I think the detail is vastly upgraded and (360) frame rate seems to be damn near solid 60, or maybe 30 and past titles were just in the 20-25 area. This could also just be the infamous input lag is gone. I dunno, something about the game just feels so much smoother, even though the detail is definitely increased. Makes me feel like watch_dogs on current gen might be a possibility.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm about 2-3 hours in and the story is fantastic. It doesn't feel slow yet.

I sold my multiplayer disc on ebay for $22! I got this game in a b2g1 deal and ended up paying $30 after trade-in for each game, so now I've paid $8 for assassin's creed or $23 for each game. Fantastic day.

I've been watching the multiplayer disc auctions eariler and they seem to be selling pretty steady. I got one for $20. Hopefully this means more people will be playing MP. I hope you sold him the online pass with it.

Ghost23

Someone just needs to tell me if this story is anywhere near as interesting as ACII, at least the Desmond side stuff.

I just want to hear how the ending of this game is, before I invest any time into playing it. Otherwise I might just end up YouTubing the ending.

I heard AC2.5 and AC2.75 were a massive dissappointment in moving the Desmond storyline. So I hope this game makes something interesting.

I think we can all agree how "Awesome, you gotta play this game to see the ending!" ACII was.

I haven't played it yet, but of what I've read, AC3 is the end of the Desmond story arc, so there will probably be something happening at the end.

At this point, it sounds like I made a good decision waiting for the PC version. I'm not entirely sure things will improve with that release, but the framerate issues I've been hearing about in the console version sounds like something easily solved by a PC version.

I'm still dying to play it, though. Controls-wise, has the game really been revamped? It sounds like they just threw away the old system entirely and rebuilt it from the ground up.

Yea, ultimately, I'm going to purchase the PC version and finish off the game there. However, I don't think I could wait three more weeks to have a tiny experience with the game. Not to mention, by Nov 20 I'm REALLY going to want to play Hitman. So I decided to just rent it for a day or two.

I've been watching the multiplayer disc auctions eariler and they seem to be selling pretty steady. I got one for $20. Hopefully this means more people will be playing MP. I hope you sold him the online pass with it.
Yeah, the pass was included. With Halo 4 coming out next week, I just don't see me playing the multiplayer for more than a few sessions.

I can see that. I'm skipping Halo 4 and loved Brotherhood's online so I'm looking forward to stabbing some bitches again online.
I loved Brotherhood's online. It was so different and fun. I always compare it to Splinter Cell Chaos Theory's multiplayer. Assassin's Creed 3's multi looks great, but still just more of the same, which his why it wouldn't hold me for too long. Kill some guys for me!

Boy this game has some fucking bugs. Also, I can't stand how Desmond's backpack clips through his goddamn shirt the entire time.

This game really needed more time in the oven.

I just purchased a 3D HDTV and while I didn`t purchase it for gaming I gave it a go for this and was shocked at how good it looks in 3D. I had no idea the 360 was capable of this quality 3D either.

Boy this game has some fucking bugs. Also, I can't stand how Desmond's backpack clips through his goddamn shirt the entire time.

This game really needed more time in the oven.

Yeah I really thought that update would fix Desmond's back tumor. Things like this show the the game was probably in a real rush to make the October release window. I am still having a great time with the game though.

Yea its basically the same only you don't have to target and hold a bumper to counter. You just hold down O(ps3) and he will parry. There's enemy that you have to kick first then spam attack and 1 hit kill others around you.

Its not much different.

So, it's even easier? Man, the things they could've done with this combat system. A beautiful woman with zero brains.

And hey, I appreciate devs wanting to strike out on their own, but this is one area where I actually wouldn't mind everyone just boosting Rocksteady's system.

Sillverrr

So, I'm on Sequence 4 (told you I was slow) and this is jaw-dropping. Just the aesthetics of the area I'm in. PS3 version too and no major frame rate problems out here, without giving too much away about the location. Lovely.

A shame I'm going to have to go back to towns at some point, because the engine clearly can't handle those on this system. This is honestly like a different game. I could almost forget I'm playing the poor relation version for a moment :)

This game is a bit of a mess. A mission in sequence 3. You can't be detected.

I tried to jump into a bale of hay, but it jumped right back out automatically and I was spotted.

Back at the checkpoint I try the same thing. This time it teleports me 20 metres high the air and then I fall to the ground and die.

Little bit later I'm climbing a ladder. Well, there's a climbing animation, but I'm not going up. A guard turns around and sees me. Mission failed.

There's also an optional objective to not kill any guards, but one of their patrol routes glitched up making it impossible to progress without killing him.

Just unacceptable.

Balphon

This game is a bit of a mess. A mission in sequence 3. You can't be detected.

I tried to jump into a bale of hay, but it jumped right back out automatically and I was spotted.

Back at the checkpoint I try the same thing. This time it teleports me 20 metres high the air and then I fall to the ground and die.

Little bit later I'm climbing a ladder. Well, there's a climbing animation, but I'm not going up. A guard turns around and sees me. Mission failed.

There's also an optional objective to not kill any guards, but one of their patrol routes glitched up making it impossible to progress without killing him.

Just unacceptable.

You don't have to kill
the guard in front of the tent with the map
, if that's what was hanging you up. He's meant to patrol like that.

How do I fire my gun/pistol. I got to a point where I had to shoot explosive barrels and no button I pressed would do it when just previously I was doing it. The manual wont even tell me.

How do I fire my gun/pistol. I got to a point where I had to shoot explosive barrels and no button I pressed would do it when just previously I was doing it. The manual wont even tell me.

It's bugged so you can't grab the flintlock. Press right on the dpad to select your gun and then fire with Y, I think

rataven

Man, these reports of bugs and glitches are disconcerting. Not sure how much difference one more month would have made, but I wonder why Ubi elected to release this in October, rather than late November like the previous games. Sounds like it could have used the extra time.

Man, these reports of bugs and glitches are disconcerting. Not sure how much difference one more month would have made, but I wonder why Ubi elected to release this in October, rather than late November like the previous games. Sounds like it could have used the extra time.

This bullshit needed more than one month. Needed about six more.

Zeliard

The Eurogamer noted that the game starts off particularly slowly, but I actually like that, as a concept at least. This sounds pretty cool to me:

Eurogamer said:
This is followed by a semi-playable preliminary sequence reintroducing us to genetic memory explorer Desmond and his pals, which is then followed by an enormous playable prologue at the outset of the American Revolution in Boston and on the Frontier, which is then followed by a few early years with main protagonist Connor, a Native American of mixed descent, which is then followed by his inevitable introduction to the Assassin order and - eventually - the recognised start of the game you're expecting.

I can appreciate a game that takes its time to delve into things. Again, in concept. The execution is another matter.

Yuripaw

Banned
I watched the giantbomb quick look of this game, and seriously...what the fuck happened to Rebecca? How big was the ugly stick they beat her face with? That was the most jarring shit to me, because she was kinda cute before, but now...she looks like Sloth from The Goonies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I must be alone in thinking it was the most obvious plot twist ever?
Perhaps.

I knew the way dude was acting was sort of uncharacteristic, but I chalked it up as it just being a result of the change in times. But now that I think about it, the clothing styling and red accents on the box, etc. should have been a giveaway. I guess at least Ubisoft fooled me :(

Well,
I wouldn't say it was the most obvious plot twist ever, but it was pretty obvious to me too

I was so fixated on the thought that the man I had along with me the whole time was going to kill me. So when that didn't happen and well then I saw the truth
I said DAMNNNNNNNNNNN

Sequence 4, woah! This is what I've been waiting for. Feels like playing AC1 for the first time again. I just wanna climb EVERYTHING. So far the framerate seems solid on PS3.

You don't have to kill
the guard in front of the tent with the map
, if that's what was hanging you up. He's meant to patrol like that.

Yeah, I just noticed you can press circle to whistle. I feel dumb.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This game's variable framerate bothers me. Does anyone else share my sentiments?
Yes dear lord frame rate problems are bad (360). I'm not really one to complain about stuff like this, or care about jaggies, etc. but it's really noticeable and slows to a crawl really often. Makes me worried and unsure if my 360 is on its death bed or it's really that bad :/

I'm in the process of writing up more detailed impressions I'll post later.

EDIT: I was expecting what slasher was expecting too! Those looks he gave led me astray! :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Playing on the PS3, frame rate is all over the place. Is this the same on the 360 SKU?

Also, I finished the first "sequence" and it said an almanac page was lost, come back later to get it. Does this mean I have to re-play that entire sequence to go and find the page?

Top Bottom