• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Assassin’s Creed 3 DLC is non-canon to avoid ‘fracturing’ fan base

Weird that they're worried about this now. I wonder how many will go into ACIII thinking they'll get resolution on Lucy's character when they stuck all of that in DLC for Revelations that nobody bought.

Collider

Banned
What a lot of people don't seem to realize when they say this is that AC1 was more along Patrice's vision than ACII was. Most people don't like AC1, but I did, so I'm never really sure why people call for him all the time. AC:R would match his line of thinking moreso as well.

I love AC1. Absolutely love it. But I like AC2 a fraction more than AC1. And I don't think ACR was in any way a Desilets's style game. I don't find anything common between AC1 and ACR. ACR was such a generic game for me.

RPGCrazied

Maybe. All new story right? The first 2 games ran like shit on PS3 so I never finished them. All the demos I've seen of III running on the PS3 looks like its runs much better and saw no tearing. Of course that could just be for demoing and they will un-vsync it when its released.

Wow the beginning looks great.

The character models of everyone in 2012 look so weird though. Desmond looks like a bloody alien or something.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

BearPawB

Banned
Weird that they're worried about this now. I wonder how many will go into ACIII thinking they'll get resolution on Lucy's character when they stuck all of that in DLC for Revelations that nobody bought.

DId they really? Can you spoil it for me? i never played the DLC..

Already blocked. That didn't take long.

5wqPw.png

Effect

Blue could you add the Wii U release dates to the opening. The way it's setup gives the impression that version comes out the same day as the others which isn't. Not sure of the EU and Japan release dates but the US Wii U version comes out Nov 13th.

DId they really? Can you spoil it for me? i never played the DLC..

Essentially,
It confirms that Lucy was a Templar double agent all along. Vidic knew all along about Lucy's private conversations with Desmond during AC1, and Abstergo arranged Desmond's escape.

Blue could you add the Wii U release dates to the opening. The way it's setup gives the impression that version comes out the same day as the others which isn't. Not sure of the EU and Japan release dates but the US Wii U version comes out Nov 13th.

There's no Wii U release date yet for the others, I think. At least, I couldn't find it.

Damn...I don't know if I should wait for the PC version or get the PS3 version to connect to Liberation. Not sure how deep the connectivity will be.

PS3 version, I'll have to work playing time around my wife's TV schedule...but I get $20 back on PSN for grabbing the bundle

PC version, I can play and finish whenever I like...might end up cheaper.

"Damned indecision and cursed pride!"© Michael Jackson

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Mirror somewhere?

I will worship the ground that person walks on.

I WANT IT NOW!

Essentially,
It confirms that Lucy was a Templar double agent all along. Vidic knew all along about Lucy's private conversations with Desmond during AC1, and Abstergo arranged Desmond's escape.

Hlhuu.gif

Wait, really? Fuck Video games.

Says so on the wikia page aswell
SPOILERS
William's(desmond's father) plan was to have Clay(subject 16) intentionally kidnapped by Abstergo as a subject, so that Lucy could give him access to their network at night without detection. Lucy was responsible for protecting Clay's research and physical well being, and once Clay discovered the Templars' goals, Lucy and Clay were meant to escape Abstergo and return to the Order.
However, unbeknownst to the Assassins, Lucy's loyalties had already shifted. Years of isolation, coupled with William's withdrawn and careless personality, had driven her away from the Assassins and into the Templars' arms. Warren Vidic offered Lucy guidance and protection, and she willingly became a double agent for him.

Stuart444

SPOILERS
William's(desmond's father) plan was to have Clay(subject 16) intentionally kidnapped by Abstergo as a subject, so that Lucy could give him access to their network at night without detection. Lucy was responsible for protecting Clay's research and physical well being, and once Clay discovered the Templars' goals, Lucy and Clay were meant to escape Abstergo and return to the Order.
However, unbeknownst to the Assassins, Lucy's loyalties had already shifted. Years of isolation, coupled with William's withdrawn and careless personality, had driven her away from the Assassins and into the Templars' arms. Warren Vidic offered Lucy guidance and protection, and she willingly became a double agent for him.

Wha... what o_O I only completed Revelations the other week as well so I hadn't even considered the DLC.

Wonder if they will cover this at all in AC3 for those who didn't buy the DLC.

Dunan

I popped Revelations in just to reacquaint myself with AC mechanics (and reacquire proper inverted camera skills after being stuck with non-inverted with Deus Ex) and was forced to update the game -- after updating, I had all kinds of problems.

Namely, eagle vision doesn't seem to work anymore. The triangle button (your "head"; not sure what the Xbox equivalent is) has nothing assigned to it, and holding it down does nothing.

The other was that multiplayer wasn't available. This was at about 17:00 Japanese time, or 4 AM ET, or 9 PM (?) Greenwich. Could just be a maintenance outage.

Also -- I wouldn't mind playing some of the Revelations DLC that I never got around to, but it costs a ton! $10 each for the Mediterranean Traveler and the Desmond-related stuff. Will it go on sale when AC3 comes out, or should I look for a GOTY edition so that I can sell off my original and not have to pay retail price for unsellable DLC?

I popped Revelations in just to reacquaint myself with AC mechanics (and reacquire proper inverted camera skills after being stuck with non-inverted with Deus Ex) and was forced to update the game -- after updating, I had all kinds of problems.

Namely, eagle vision doesn't seem to work anymore. The triangle button (your "head"; not sure what the Xbox equivalent is) has nothing assigned to it, and holding it down does nothing.

The other was that multiplayer wasn't available. This was at about 17:00 Japanese time, or 4 AM ET, or 9 PM (?) Greenwich. Could just be a maintenance outage.

Also -- I wouldn't mind playing some of the Revelations DLC that I never got around to, but it costs a ton! $10 each for the Mediterranean Traveler and the Desmond-related stuff. Will it go on sale when AC3 comes out, or should I look for a GOTY edition so that I can sell off my original and not have to pay retail price for unsellable DLC?

I think Eagle Vision is tied to the left stick in AC Revelations. Y is for throwing weapons, so you probably don't have any equipped.

Ok, I have a question that is very important for me specifically, but I'm not sure if anyone can answer this yet. Does the PC version support Windowed mode? Prior releases did not.

Hm. After all (yeah I played all ...on console) AC games I've played I still have no idea what to expect from this game. Still not hyped but for some reason I want to play it badly...

Essentially,

That was also explained in Revelations. Well....in the DLC "The Lost Archives". If anyone is interested but didn't want to purchase it, I recommend watching it on youtube.

I will worship the ground that person walks on.

I WANT IT NOW!

Hlhuu.gif

SPOILERS

Seriously WTF?!?!
So at end of brotherhood,
The 'old one' (Minerva?) made desmond kill her because they know she was bad? BullShit! They made it sound like they expect Desmond to continue his lineage, but with another woman and not her. RANT TIME Maybe in the end I just care too mcuh about the story of video games but after AC2 I was really interested. After that they just really went all of the place. Oddly enough the main creative director left after 2. I think the worst part is that all Brotherhood and Revelations did was re-iterate what we knew for two more games. In AC2 they told you but was subtle. Way to fuck a major plot point in the DLC. I kind of hope they never adddress it and people bitch, not knowing what happened.

I didn't care for the story in Revelations but it was fun to play.

Dunan

I think Eagle Vision is tied to the left stick in AC Revelations. Y is for throwing weapons, so you probably don't have any equipped.

Shows how out of touch I'd become! Yes, I didn't have a weapon equipped; I was using my fists so as not to accidentally injure anyone. I was just wandering around looking for the last 30-40 animus fragments and wanted Eagle Vision because it makes the stuff you're looking for stand out a little more.

CrazyDude

For those who didn't get to see the opening.

You play as Connor's dad at the start and he was climbing in a theater and it looked like this one.

Seriously WTF?!?!
So at end of brotherhood,
The 'old one' (Minerva?) made desmond kill her because they know she was bad? BullShit! They made it sound like they expect Desmond to continue his lineage, but with another woman and not her. RANT TIME Maybe in the end I just care too mcuh about the story of video games but after AC2 I was really interested. After that they just really went all of the place. Oddly enough the main creative director left after 2. I think the worst part is that all Brotherhood and Revelations did was re-iterate what we knew for two more games. In AC2 they told you but was subtle. Way to fuck a major plot point in the DLC. I kind of hope they never adddress it and people bitch, not knowing what happened.

I didn't care for the story in Revelations but it was fun to play.

At the end of brotherhood minerva said that the was one who was part of the "cross."

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
So I played AC 1 & 2, but never played Brotherhood or Revelations. Do I need to get and finish those to have a clue what is going on in III?

Bittercup

Damn...I don't know if I should wait for the PC version or get the PS3 version to connect to Liberation. Not sure how deep the connectivity will be.
The PS3 version gets an exclusive DLC if that matters for your decision.
(But if it's like the one with Brotherhood you probably won't miss much.)

Effect

AC3 will be my first AC game. How does the mulitplayer feel? Any other game or game mode it can be compared to? Slow paced? Quick? Feel like dying isn't your fault? Easy for your attention to be pulled away by something on screen and have someone come up behind you or will you always be able to tell? Etc?

Platform specific exclusive content, retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses, delayed PC release date. All my favorite practices rolled up into one release.

Platform specific exclusive content, retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses, delayed PC release date. All my favorite practices rolled up into one release.

Yeah, seriously. This is crap. This is why I have such a hard time buying these games. Do I get it for PS3, 360, Wii U? Do I buy it from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy? Regular Edition, Special Edition, Limited Edition, Special Limited Regular Edition, Steelbook? You get to the point where you just don't buy it at all because you are so confused.

Dunan

So I played AC 1 & 2, but never played Brotherhood or Revelations. Do I need to get and finish those to have a clue what is going on in III?

You don't really need to play them, but if you want to get up to speed on Desmond's story, you probably want to play Revelations. And you should definitely play Revelations (and Youtube the post-ending movie) if you want to see the ultimate fates of both Altair and Ezio.

ironcreed

Banned

Nice, I have the PS3 version pre-ordered. But I have to mention that the one thing that seems off about this game is some of the voice acting I have heard. Some of it simply does not fit the characters or the time period. It just sounds... awkward. Still think it is going to be a fantastic game to play, though.

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah, seriously. This is crap. This is why I have such a hard time buying these games. Do I get it for PS3, 360, Wii U? Do I buy it from Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy? Regular Edition, Special Edition, Limited Edition, Special Limited Regular Edition, Steelbook? You get to the point where you just don't buy it at all because you are so confused.
It's a shitty thing to do, certainly. In some ways, it's worse than a real exclusive, because it's tainting the other versions, it's not like, "I don't have the system, but maybe I'll get it and play the game later", it's that horrible middle-ground where you'll just buy the one with less content.

Tess3ract

Banned
|OT| should not be allowed until two weeks before the PC version comes out.

OT should be up as soon as there's enough information to discuss the product. Which is to say as soon as there is 1-2 videos released.

Fuck the police.

Also am I the only person who thinks this setting is stupid? Running in trees is Naruto level shit and I feel like the series has taken a nosedive.

CrazyDude

OT should be up as soon as there's enough information to discuss the product. Which is to say as soon as there is 1-2 videos released.

Fuck the police.

Also am I the only person who thinks this setting is stupid? Running in trees is Naruto level shit and I feel like the series has taken a nosedive.

Why, I think the setting is great. I don't get why climbing building is not stupid, but OMG climbing trees, how stupid is that.

OmegaZero

Looks pretty cool. PS3 owners getting this are pretty lucky.

It's a present within a present. Just keeps on giving.

t-ramp

CrazyDude

Because ninjas jump around on tree branches. Assassins sneak around in the dark with their feet on the ground.

I am guessing you hated climbing buildings as well? And why wouldn't an assassin climb trees? Going on the ground where people can spot you is far more stupid for an assassin.

Tess3ract

Banned
I am guessing you hated climbing buildings as well? And why wouldn't an assassin climb trees?
No, because they were man made constructions. Maybe you don't think it's different but it's totally different to me.

Going on the ground where people can spot you is far more stupid for an assassin.
Hitman. Sneak in, sneak out.

Then again AC isn't about sneaking that much anymore, just sneaking more transparently I suppose.

Top Bottom