• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

LastNac

I have both consoles and have been sitting on the fence about which port of AC3 to pick up...

AC1,2, and Brotherhood were superior on 360. Revelations seemed to have somewhat of an edge on PS3. AC3 seems to be a little more Sony-centric with content and the fact that Ubi used PS3 footage to reveal AC3 at E3. Tough choice. If PS3 does have the edge then I might use that as the case to finally pick up a new PS3 via the 500GB bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It bothers me that something as awesome as a Mayan tomb is a retailer-specific bonus. I hope it's included with the PC DDE.

Remembering that the PC DDE is available to pre-order everywhere but Steam, I decided to look into this:

GamersGate said:

Fantastic.

ironcreed

Banned

Hm, interesting. But beyond accents, the main thing is that some of the voices just do not seem to be very well executed and do not fit the characters. Take the Indian here at 2:47 for example. The voice acting is just not very well done at all and hardly fits this Indian warrior who is Connor's mentor. He sounds like some kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blQtMlLwUN4

But despite that and the lame mini games, I think the game is still going to be amazing. It is just one of the weaker aspects of the game that I have seen so far.

Hobohodo

Essentially,
It confirms that Lucy was a Templar double agent all along. Vidic knew all along about Lucy's private conversations with Desmond during AC1, and Abstergo arranged Desmond's escape.

Urghhh, sorta happy that its resolved and that was one of the ideas that was going around...but still. Locking that away in the rather crap Desmond Sections just sucks.

CrazyDude

Hm, interesting. But beyond accents, the main thing is that some of the voices just do not seem to be very well executed and do not fit the characters. Take the Indian here at 2:47 for example. The voice acting is just not very well done at all and hardly fits this Indian warrior who is Connor's mentor. He sounds like some kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blQtMlLwUN4

But despite that and the lame mini games, I think the game is still going to be amazing. It is just one of the weaker aspects of the game that I have seen so far.

That is not Connor's Mentor....

ironcreed

Banned
The old guy in the background walking out of the door is his mentor.

Ah, well based on how the developer described the scene it's easy to come away thinking otherwise. Regardless, the voice acting for the Indian is just really off. Especially compared to Connor, who sounds fine.

I have both consoles and have been sitting on the fence about which port of AC3 to pick up...

AC1,2, and Brotherhood were superior on 360. Revelations seemed to have somewhat of an edge on PS3. AC3 seems to be a little more Sony-centric with content and the fact that Ubi used PS3 footage to reveal AC3 at E3. Tough choice. If PS3 does have the edge then I might use that as the case to finally pick up a new PS3 via the 500GB bundle.

They made a big PS3 push with brotherhood as well. I guess it comes down to controller preference and if you wanna have everything on one disc. I myself am wondering what platform to rent the game on. My final purchase will be on PC.

Any words on how are portrayed the French? Do even get to fight with/against French troops/characters?

Still wishing for this game to be set during the French Revolution. :(

Derrick01

Banned
Also am I the only person who thinks this setting is stupid? Running in trees is Naruto level shit and I feel like the series has taken a nosedive.

After yesterday's conversation, running in the trees may be the most exciting new thing this game offers.

FStop7

Banned
Also am I the only person who thinks this setting is stupid? Running in trees is Naruto level shit and I feel like the series has taken a nosedive.

I kind of agree. It depends on how much NY and Boston there is. I want to explore cities, not play Tarzan.

Hindle

Banned
It's even more stupid when you realise the controls are automated for climbing those trees. They could disguise it for buildings.

For teams of 500 people, they need to get better animators. My dad is a 59 year old non-gamer and remarked at the TV trailer: "it looks good but the animation is so muddy". After watching it again in more depth, I have to agree. If there's anything to give away that something is a game, it's the way it moves.

For teams of 500 people, they need to get better animators. My dad is a 59 year old non-gamer and remarked at the TV trailer: "it looks good but the animation is so muddy". After watching it again in more depth, I have to agree. If there's anything to give away that something is a game, it's the way it moves.

And, you know, the 3d graphics. And the "available on".

StuBurns

Banned
So you're comparing the animation to life, not other games? That doesn't seem fair.

CrazyDude

What does that mean? He can't see that animation?

Well at least the wait for the PC release will let me see if I really want the game. Looking forward to impressions of the game from you guys.

Derrick01

Banned

That's not good considering they spent all this time making a new animation system for the game. I kind of agree it looks weird in some videos I've seen of the game and certainly not up to Naughty Dog's standard in the Uncharteds and Last of Us.

So you're comparing the animation to life, not other games? That doesn't seem fair.

Compared to other games, it's not as good. But yes, it was an observation of gaming in general. Graphics are constantly getting more realistic, but until it animates better it almost seems worthless in motion.

What does that mean? He can't see that animation?

He didn't elaborate, but I assume he means the way in which characters move. Everyone seems a bit stiff and there's a sort of "stop/start" look to the free-running, as if you can see exactly where one animation stops and another begins. I've noticed this in all the AC games so far. Uncharted and Rockstar games are definitely on another level when it comes to animation blending.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Hitman. Sneak in, sneak out.

Then again AC isn't about sneaking that much anymore, just sneaking more transparently I suppose.

I do wish they would add more stealth elements to AC. It doesn't have to be deep but something simple as crouching would go a long way. Thankfully you can hide behind and assassinate from corners in this game which is a start.

Seriously WTF?!?!
So at end of brotherhood,
The 'old one' (Minerva?) made desmond kill her because they know she was bad? BullShit! They made it sound like they expect Desmond to continue his lineage, but with another woman and not her. RANT TIME Maybe in the end I just care too mcuh about the story of video games but after AC2 I was really interested. After that they just really went all of the place. Oddly enough the main creative director left after 2. I think the worst part is that all Brotherhood and Revelations did was re-iterate what we knew for two more games. In AC2 they told you but was subtle. Way to fuck a major plot point in the DLC. I kind of hope they never adddress it and people bitch, not knowing what happened.

I assume they let it a bit open in case they got Kristen Bell back. They didn't confirm she was dead until Revelations anyways.

Here are the transcripts of what was revealed in The Lost Archive:

Subject 16 discovers this recording while hacking into the Abstergo mainframe.

Warren: Lucy, this is where your background comes into play. If our experiments with Desmond in the Animus aren't going well, you will remove him from Abstergo. Take him somewhere he will feel comfortable divulging his secrets. Your Assassins should do the trick. Since Desmond will be reading our emails, we will ensure that secret communications between you and the Assassins go through unimpeded. Once you are imbedded, I will come to pick up the Animus tapes. Make sure you look very upset. You need to be convincing. Desmond will lead you to the Apple and then you bring it right to us. We're counting on you, Lucy. You have served the Templar Order well, and we never forget loyalty. Oh, yes. Once inside their hideout, perhaps you might ask the Assassins why they left you alone for so many years.

He then gets this email from Lucy:

07/2012

Clay,

I've seen the security records from last night. You must want an explanation. I had hoped to tell you about it little by little, to get you on my side, but it's too late now.

William is using us. In this war. In this war against the Templars, he doesn't think about the lives he's hurting. We aren't people to him. How can we trust someone like that? Clay, you of all people should understand.

Abstergo cares about helping people. They understand the realities of the world, its limitations.

But I know that nothing I can say now will really change your mind.

I've deleted the security records. Vidic will never discover the breach. I promised to protect you, but I can't let you leave. William and the others must never know.

I'm sorry.

-Lucy

Top Bottom