• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

mjc

The retailer exclusive side missions kind of bug me. I'm not sure whether to get this at GS or Best Buy.

Manathen

Neo Member
Soooo hyped! Pre-ordered Freedom Edition. Soon my figurine collection will be complete...

Was not at all hyped for this (suffered a bit from franchise fatigue with Revelations) until I saw that you could free-run on trees and the fact that seasons affect gameplay.

Soooo hyped! Pre-ordered Freedom Edition. Soon my figurine collection will be complete...

Was not at all hyped for this (suffered a bit from franchise fatigue with Revelations) until I saw that you could free-run on trees and the fact that seasons affect gameplay.

^^ and the updated combat. Love how you can just beat the crap out of a enemy with your bare hands if you wanted to.

Zapages

Is the gamestop limited edition worth pre-ordering guys... As we all know that by end of year it will be found for 40 dollars some place?

I want the Flag... It looks so epic...

Can't decide. Help me decide here.

PS: I won't get good amount of time to play it until November or Winter break in December.

Nori Chan

I like my OT's long and full of info. I came in here disappointed.

Anyways, can't wait for this game. Just got the LE yesterday :D

Too bad I didn't get the steel book :(

I can't believe the Ubiworkshop edition doesn't come with the Washington journals or any of the missiony pre-order stuff. At this point the only thing you gain from this version is cool packaging, otherwise you could just buy the game from a retailer with preorder missions and buy the encyclopedia v2 separately for the same damn price.

(I guess you do get the comic collection for "free" with this edition, but if the quality of the comics is anywhere near the quality of Embers... I'm not too interested lol)

I can't believe the Ubiworkshop edition doesn't come with the Washington journals or any of the missiony pre-order stuff. At this point the only thing you gain from this version is cool packaging, otherwise you could just buy the game from a retailer with preorder missions and buy the encyclopedia v2 for the same damn price.

(I guess you do get the comic collection for "free" with this edition, but if the quality of the comics is anywhere near the quality of Embers... I'm not too interested lol)

Washington journals?

MrDaravon

~Kinggi~

Banned
I better still be getting my tin case Amazon special. That thing stopped being available a long time ago. My order redirects to a page for it that doesnt even mention the tin anymore.

DarkWish

Played AC 1 and 2 on friend's systems since I only had Wii this gen. So I'm super excited to finally own an AC game, will be getting this on Wii U. Too bad I gotta wait until November 18th!

Great OT, but I'm gonna miss the epic OTs of old... a great age is ending. Great OT nevertheless.

But I'm super excited for this. Really hoping the UbiWorkshop edition I ordered reaches me on the day.

one_kill

My local store had the Connor statue you get with the Freedom Edition of the game and it looks pretty awesome. I'm so glad I preordered the edition.

Anyway, I can't wait. A week and a day left!

Socreges

Banned
Loved ACII, but am not totally confident that the sum of ACIII's parts will be all that great. Any indication on the game's overall quality or are we only going by trailers at this point?

Persona86

Banned
If you're desperate for a Japan/Asia AC game, this fan concept art will hurt all your feels.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/247/6/a/recalling_by_chaoyuanxu-d5dmk48.jpg

(not totally off topic because there's an AC3 image in there with wolves :3 )

I think I recall one of the creators saying something like he doesn't think Asia is interesting enough for a AC game, and of course people were not happy. Maybe it will still happen.

By the way Japan and China are great, but Korea also has an interesting history and culture, and it would be more interesting to play because most people have already seen so much about China and Japan but so little about Korea.

For great inspiration I recommend they watch Korean TV show "Slave Hunters ( AKA Chuno)" it's about slave hunters who capture runaway slaves for money and the consequences of that, it has excellent fight scenes, AMAZING soundtrack, scenery and style with a deep historical political culture to get inspiration from including royalty and assassins. Actually in the game the main character could be a runaway slave to make things more interesting :D

OK post got too long. :)

CrazyDude

I think I recall one of the creators saying something like he doesn't think Asia is interesting enough for a AC game, and of course people were not happy. Maybe it will still happen.

By the way Japan and China are great, but Korea also has an interesting history and culture, and it would be more interesting to play because most people have already seen so much about China and Japan but so little about Korea.

For great inspiration I recommend they watch Korean TV show "Slave Hunters ( AKA Chuno)" it's about slave hunters who capture runaway slaves for money and the consequences of that, it has excellent fight scenes, AMAZING soundtrack, scenery and style with a deep historical political culture to get inspiration from including royalty and assassins. Actually in the game the main character could be a runaway slave to make things more interesting :D

OK post got too long. :)

Not all of Asia, just feudal japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see China at some point.

CrazyDude

*SPOILER WARNING*

Part 1 of AC3/

n/v taken down.

I did see that you

You play as Connor's dad at the start and he was climbing in a theater and it looked like this one.

Spazznid

I have never finished AC1... Gues i should start now....

Uggggg

2 is better, and Brotherhood better still (if you're like me and hate all the boring filler that came with 2).

I do, however reccomend beating it. The ending sucked for it's time, but in context with 2, it's great, IMO.

meta4

Reviewer friend. He says it's not exactly his favorite entry in the series. Or the best, for that matter.

Not good to hear considering that the best in the series is not OMG amazing in the first place. Had high hopes for this.

Scapegoat

I have never finished AC1... Gues i should start now....

Uggggg
I recently replayed AC1, thought it was great. Just make sure too only do the minimum number of investigation tasks for each assassination.

If you don't really enjoy the base gameplay loop in the first game I'd suggest just youtubing the cutscenes, they aren't very long in AC1.

DrBo42

you can always go back and read it for fun wario
3AQmK.gif

bagged the digital deluxe edition from amazon with that code for $49, which is like £30. pretty chuffed

Try to control yourself this time when the game leaks.

Edit: Assuming you're who I think you are.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish Ubi put up a nice Steam sale for Revelations one of these days, so I could catch up. Something like $10.

Then again, I'm probably not gonna play two AC games in one month...

Spazznid

I wish Ubi put up a nice Steam sale for Revelations one of these days, so I could catch up. Something like $10.

Then again, I'm probably not gonna play two AC games in one month...

Just finished AC2, then plowed through AC:B, and am well on my way in AC:R. so far the damage is about one week, or probably 14 hours, depending on how you look at it. Hard-ish finding the time to play, working as I do. I got AC:R and AC:B during the Steam summer sale .

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 7.49 USD
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 12.49 USD

The crappy Uplay Launcher is required, but it's effect is minimal and the fact that you can unlock DLC by earning achievements is awesome. *Cough* Steam *Cough*

Wait for winter sale. It might hit less than 10 USD.

Top Bottom