• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

I'm thinking about doing the B2G1 at Target and picking this up. Only question I have is PS3 or 360? I know the PS3 has bonus missions does the 360 have any exclusive content to counter it?

I'm thinking about doing the B2G1 at Target and picking this up. Only question I have is PS3 or 360? I know the PS3 has bonus missions does the 360 have any exclusive content to counter it?

Not yet, may be DLC later. If you don't care about multiplayer you can sell your 360 second disc on eBay for around $25 bucks though.

SJRB

Gold Member
I finally found the Boston general store, but why the FUCK are the outfit dyes not shown as a preview? I'm just supposed to drop 3000 dollar for a dye just to see what it looks like?

This is pretty silly.

eagle884

Neo Member
Anyone?...before I snap the disk in 2....

Go back and find the dug in tracks. I had problems with this, but all you have to do is follow them and she's like 2 feet away from their end. She's not in the trees or whatever Haytham says.

Also, don't read the animus entry for Kaniehtí:io. It has spoiled the game TWICE by updating early.

I finally found the Boston general store, but why the FUCK are the outfit dyes not shown as a preview? I'm just supposed to drop 3000 dollar for a dye just to see what it looks like?

This is pretty silly.

$3000? Fucking British gougers.

And I'm gonna take eagle's advice and skip reading character bios.

My only complaint with the game 10 hours in is lock picking.

This is never fun and in this game it is especially frustrating. I love hunting chests but hate picking the locks.

my god I agree

what the FUCK is wrong with lockpicking in this game?
Okay, here's the problem I had with lock picking. I thought the little peg that moves horizontally showed how much of the lock I picked and that the lock picking kept resetting because I wasn't holding the sticks steady. But in reality it's the timer and you have to hammer the trigger as fast as possible before the timer runs out.

Pooya

Man, many of these secondary objectives are complete bullshit, I'll never get 100% sync in all missions. It was fun in brotherhood, and it was only one objective per mission, now here it's ridiculous. I see that doing those unlock stuff in multiplayer, no wonder they are selling multiplayer unlocks as DLC. smh

GAMERG0D

In Sequence 7
In Charlestown how the hell are you supposed to remain undetected on the ships? I've tried this 5 times already. To make matters worse the "Air assassinate a Grenadier" challenge fails if you kill one regularly, even though there is one on each ship.

Lima

In Sequence 7
In Charlestown how the hell are you supposed to remain undetected on the ships? I've tried this 5 times already. To make matters worse the "Air assassinate a Grenadier" challenge fails if you kill one regularly, even though there is one on each ship.

Alright here is how it goes.

First get to the left ship and go around it. Go up and hang on the right ledge and assassinate the guy that is patrolling on the ship. The regular looking enemy.

Now go to the left and do the same thing with the lone guy standing there. Make sure that the grenadier does not see you.

Onto the two guys just standing there. There are two ways. Either approach them from behind and do a double assassination or kill them both by throwing poison darts at them.

Just to be safe, jump of the ship and go to the stern. Wait till the grenadier passes and go up and lean against the wall of crates and wait for the other guy to come past it. Assassinate him.

That will leave you with the grenadier, which you can now safely air assassinate.

Now the right ship is pretty easy. You just need to kill one guy and can leave all the others.

I hope I got everything right and that it will help you.

Man, many of these secondary objectives are complete bullshit, I'll never get 100% sync in all missions. It was fun in brotherhood, and it was only one objective per mission, now here it's ridiculous. I see that doing those unlock stuff in multiplayer, no wonder they are selling multiplayer unlocks as DLC. smh

Fuck, really?

All you get is MP stuff?

Why am I wasting my time and rage with them, then...

Draconian

I love how ridiculously rigid these games are concerning your distance to targets. I'm getting warned any time I venture outside of a certain radius despite the fact that I can still see the target from where I'm standing. Really dumb and annoying game design.

Am I missing something or is this game broke as hell? I've had to restart numerous quests because of people stuck in the environment and blocking my way or people not leading me to the next objective. I've also been directed to hit a certain button and nothing happens. What gives?

tha_devil

Having a real love hate affair with this game right now. Still not wearing an Assassin's outfit if that gives any idea where I am.

The AI just spots you so easily and they are everywhere. Losing them is a real pain in the ass. What annoys me most; is the Assassin's are supposed to be some Elite, agile warriors yet when traversing the environment you're no faster or able to do anything more capable than any ranking official. It has annoyed me since the first game but it is bugging me more so in this because of the way Boston is laid out; the architecture and building structures aren't as heavily populated and crowded as previous games so completing a run from one end of town to the other via the rooftops isn't nearly as viable and when it is, again, any old grunt can catch you.

Apparently those thousands of years of passing down secrets and training nets you nothing when some portly guard is able to mimic your every move.

Then there's the movement in general. At the start of the generation it was fine but now I find the controls really janky and unresponsive. The mission where you had to shoot 3 barrels as an optional mission drove me mental, the controls were so slow to respond I just couldn't do it.

Getting stuck on corner objects or slowed down because you're character only moves really moves in 45 degree angles is dead set horrendous.

I also played the last game on PC, so coming back to the lower draw distance and jarring frame rates on the 360 is annoying as hell. I would have waited for the PC version but I'll have started my new job then and I'll be working anywhere between 60-70hrs a week so I wouldn't have any time to play it, so going backward has been a real pain.
Mate, you should steer your character with the right thumb stick when making small adjusments, and use only the left stick for fast turns.

Carbonox

So I bought Ezio's robe from Uplay. Where do I put it on? At a shop?

Also, how do I fill out the manor's basement? It's so fucking bare. At the beginning of Sequence 8.

GAMERG0D

Alright here is how it goes.

First get to the left ship and go around it. Go up and hang on the right ledge and assassinate the guy that is patrolling on the ship. The regular looking enemy.

Now go to the left and do the same thing with the lone guy standing there. Make sure that the grenadier does not see you.

Onto the two guys just standing there. There are two ways. Either approach them from behind and do a double assassination or kill them both by throwing poison darts at them.

Just to be safe, jump of the ship and go to the stern. Wait till the grenadier passes and go up and lean against the wall of crates and wait for the other guy to come past it. Assassinate him.

That will leave you with the grenadier, which you can now safely air assassinate.

Now the right ship is pretty easy. You just need to kill one guy and can leave all the others.

I hope I got everything right and that it will help you.
Alright I got it thanks.

Klocker

ok opinions please

Instead of picking up my perorder (concerned it was more of the same that I had played since Day one of every AC game)

But RedBoxed it yesterday and am now in Sequence 3.

pretty impressed so far and like how it looks, plays and the acting and controls...

so my question... should I just keep the rental and beat the game and return it or does it have RDR values of replayability or free roaming and interesting things to do outside of main story ... for at least 1 month until Far Cry 3 hits?

thanks!

I'm so pissed off. I went to buy Assassin's creed 3 at KMart and the guy who was at the register started telling me spoilers for the beginning of the game. I told him to stop and he says "oh it's just the early parts of the game." Even if its the early part, I would still have liked to experience it first hand without any prior knowledge.

$3000? Fucking British gougers.

And I'm gonna take eagle's advice and skip reading character bios.
$3000 isn't a whole lot of money once you start doing some side quests.
Start hunting beavers and leveling up your homestead, I get ~15k every 12 minutes now lol. Do NOT sell bear or beaver pelts to the general store or peddlers, put them in a caravan. I make about $500 in profit per beaver pelt. Go along the rivers in the homestead and you'll find beavers crawling all over the place, I felt bad for killing so many (after getting ~40 pelts) but I guy has to eat, hope they don't go extinct tho...

This is pretty silly.

Just FYI there are 3 general stores in each city

It's weird, I was majorly hating on this game not even a few pages ago mainly because I was doing just main quest stuff. For me it seems like the side quests are way more fun than the main quests

Derrick01

Banned
You PC guys have to let us know how it runs when it comes out. These consoles just can't handle what this game wants to do and wants us to be impressed by. It's such a shame that the framerate ruins what's supposed to be the best moments of the game.

Kyd shits on this OST. Such a shame he wasted his time on Darksiders 2.

I've been a big Kyd fan since Hitman 2 and Freedom Fighters. (I own the actual CD soundtrack for the the latter.) Still, I have to give Balfe some credit. The theme in AC3 is epic, and have yet to see Kyd produce something as fast paced and thematic for the AC series. With that being said, the AC3 main theme is the only thing I like on the OST.

kunonabi

Does all the sci-nonsense affect the story at all? Or is just something that comes up in the beginning and at the end?

ultron87

Uh, how do I change my equipment?

I've been to the homestead basement but can't find a prompt or anything.

Go to a general store in town to get stuff.

Though I did notice that my special outfit and weapon from my preorder didn't show up in the basement yet. Which makes me unhappy because I want to use the awesome naval outfit all the time.

Eideka

Banned
I am certain we will never hear the end of it, don't worry.

And there's nothing wrong with that, we are entitled to enjoy our platform of choice.

At least I hope that UbiSoft Ukraine is taking care of the port...They know the engine after all.

So far we know nothing aside from the fact that the PC version will support DX11 and "a host of other features" according to a Ubi moderator.

Go to a general store in town to get stuff.

Though I did notice that my special outfit and weapon from my preorder didn't show up in the basement yet. Which makes me unhappy because I want to use the awesome naval outfit all the time.

I found a pistol in a chest but it's not in the store, I also bought a bunch of outfits but surely there must be a way at your base to switch things around.

What about after buying weapons? It seems the shop is the only way of changing items you've bought which is dumb as shit.

I figured you could just change them in the basement. I only use the tomahawk anyway. =/

I found a pistol in a chest but it's not in the store, I also bought a bunch of outfits but surely there must be a way at your base to switch things around.

You sure you didn't find a recipe for a pistol?

ultron87

What about after buying weapons? It seems the shop is the only way of changing items you've bought which is dumb as shit.

I found the weapons I bought down in the basement, but outfit colors seems to only be at stores. I think it was like that in previous games as well. I think the actual outfits you get from preorders/uPlay should be in the basement, but I haven't seen any yet.

Am I missing something or is this game broke as hell? I've had to restart numerous quests because of people stuck in the environment and blocking my way or people not leading me to the next objective. I've also been directed to hit a certain button and nothing happens. What gives?
Nope it's fucked. This is the buggiest 'AAA' game I've played in years.

Holy shit the Captain Kidd missions are some of my favorite. Especially if you go for full sequence for all of them. Fort Wilcott is my favorite so far.

The overall presentation feels weirdly unpolished. The jarring cuts between scenes and between cutscene/gameplay, where it just flashes to a white screen (often abruptly cutting off the music with it) and flashes to the following screen just feels sloppy, where the "glitching" effect and dissolves between scenes in previous games had always been rock-solid. This was the last thing I would have thought would go backwards in 3. Very odd.

Jrmint

$3000 isn't a whole lot of money once you start doing some side quests.
Start hunting beavers and leveling up your homestead, I get ~15k every 12 minutes now lol. Do NOT sell bear or beaver pelts to the general store or peddlers, put them in a caravan. I make about $500 in profit per beaver pelt. Go along the rivers in the homestead and you'll find beavers crawling all over the place, I felt bad for killing so many (after getting ~40 pelts) but I guy has to eat, hope they don't go extinct tho...
Can you explain this in a little more detail? I cannot figure out the economy and what to do with these Artisans at all. The little tutorial they give you makes no sense to me at all.

How do you throw people?

Circle to counter, then circle to throw. Push the stick in the direction you want to throw them.

Can you explain this in a little more detail? I cannot figure out the economy and what to do with these Artisans at all. The little tutorial they give you makes no sense to me at all.

Yeah, I'd like to know what leveling up your homestead entails. Haven't seen anything like that yet.

So I just did a Homestead mission, it was called
"The Fight"
where
Godfrey and the other lumber mill guy were fighting over something.
What was up with that awful mini-game thing they just dropped on you? Ew.

Really? It was pretty much impossible to die in combat in the previous games when you had 15 health packs you could use at any time.

Hahaha. I was just going to say that.

So I just did a Homestead mission, it was called
"The Fight"
where
Godfrey and the other lumber mill guy were fighting over something.
What was up with that awful mini-game thing they just dropped on you? Ew.

Yeah that was really random. I think that is the only time it appears in the game too. Strange...

Top Bottom